Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Abdurahman

Ever wonder..........

Ever wonder..........

Why a nun can be covered from head to toe and she's respected for devoting herself to God, but when a Muslimah does that, she's "oppressed"?

Why a jew can grow a beard and he's just practicing his faith, and when a Muslim does that, he's an extremist?

When a western woman stays at home to look after the house and kidsshe's sacrificing herself and doing good for the household, but when a Muslim woman does so, she "needs to be liberated"?

Why is it that when a child dedicates himself to a subject, he has potential, and when a child dedicates himself to Islam, he is hopeless?

When a christian kills someone, religion is not mentioned, (i.e. IRA) but when a Muslim is charged with a crime, it's Islam that goes to trial?

But then again, why is it after all that, Islam is still the fastest growing religion in the world?

PropellerAds
When a christian kills someone, religion is not mentioned, (i.e. IRA) but when a Muslim is charged with a crime, it's Islam that goes to trial?

:D

all of you points are very very good, infact so good i will use them in future :D, apart from this one, the IRA, do not kill in the name of christianity, the "muslims", they kill in the name of Allah, or Islam, so therefore religious politics gets involved.

Why? To demonstrate the power of the media perhaps. Particularly in the case of those who believe they are immune to the media and can discern between reality and fiction...yet are hesitant about picking up a Quran and reading from the source...

...just my thoughts :P

AS

These are some very good points.. i will use them for later in my debates for sure :D

Why a nun can be covered from head to toe and she's respected for devoting herself to God, but when a Muslimah does that, she's "oppressed"?

I have sooo many friends who feel 'sorry' for women who observe hijab :D

It is funny cause most of my friends act like they dont get eaten up by all the media portrayals of Islam blah blah blah (w00t)

I try to explain to them that they like to be covered but i dont think it gets through to them!!

I remember reading this in some flash animation..

:D here it is:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.islamway(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/flashpage.php?id=10&cat=2&file_name=ever_wonder&width=550&hight=400"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.islamway(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/flashpage.php?...h=550&hight=400[/url]

I'm pretty sure the IRA are catholics that hate christians. The IRA are always mentioned.

These are some very good points.. i will use them for later in my debates for sure  :P

In that case, don't forget to mention how in Catholicism, maybe most of Christianity I wouldn't know, the nun & the priest are the "holiest" members of the congregation. Except, they aren't allowed to marry & reproduce. So, if as time goes on, the holiest (maybe I should say most devout) people stop reproducing, then you're breeding the people of the least faith & devotion right?

:P

AS

I'm pretty sure the IRA are catholics that hate christians.  The IRA are always mentioned.

yet they do not announce therr hate as much as the "muslims" do, i would say thats an invalid point since they never kill in the name of jesus or anything like that.

Why a Jew can grow his beard in order to practice his faith

But when Muslim does the same, he is an extremist and terrorist!

Why a nun can be covered from head to toe in order to devote herself to God

But when Muslimah does the same she is oppressed

When a western women stays at home to look after her house and kids she is respected because of sacrificing herself and doing good for the household?

But when a Muslim woman does so by her will, they say, "she needs to be liberated"!

Any girl can go to university wearing what she wills and have her rights and freedom?

But when Muslimah wears a Hijab they prevent her from entering her university!

When a child dedicates himself to a subject he has potential.

But when he dedicates himself to Islam he is hopeless!

When a Christian or a Jew kills someone religion is not mentioned, but when Muslim is charged with a crime, it is Islam that goes to trial!

When someone sacrfices himself to keep others alive, he is noble and all respect him.

But when a Palestinian does that to save his son from being killed, his brother's arm being broken, his mother being raped, his home being destroyed, and his Masjid being violated -- He gets the title of a terrorist! Why? Because he is a Muslim!

When there is a trouble we accept any solution? If the solution lies in Islam, we refuse to take a look at it.

When someone drives a perfect car in a bad way no one blames the car.

But when any Muslim makes a mistake or treats people in a bad manner - people say "Islam is the reason"!

Without looking to the tradition of Islam, people believe what the newspapers say.

But question what the Quran says!

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_downloads1.nadeemdownloads(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/ISLAMIC%20SERVER%2005/17-5-05-Flash%20Nasheed%20-%20Ghurabaa%20by%20%27sa%27ad%20al%20ghamidi%27.swf"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_downloads1.nadeemdownloads(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/ISLA...0ghamidi%27.swf[/url]

This link is a flash video of the nasheed Ghurabaa... And it more or less says everything you have mentioned...

:D Very true. :D Fe Dunya Wal Akhira dear Sister of Islam for the wonderful post.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

I just watched that video, and I have to say that it was just made me think that WHY, just like the video says.

I have recently converted (2 months ago) and I have found that I have been released and that I have finally found a purpose for my life, I have never seen things more clearly then I do now. I used to say that I see the light, but it was a train comming, now I see the light and is a beautiful feeling and I know that I now belong.

I want to world to be more acepting of us as muslims and not judge us. I am a white male and I have lost just about all of my freinds, family and the woman that I loved for the last 4 yrs because of my decision to convert, but I know that Allah (all praise him) has shown me that those people really were not meant to be in my life if they can not accept me for who I am not what I belive in.

Abdulah

Brother Abdullah, i feel sad that you are going through all this. May Allah make things easy for you. Acceptance from the family may take time. They love you in the end and i pray to Allah that they come round quickly. I read this story which touched me. Inshallah you might get strength from it too.:

part 1

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamfortoday(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/aminahassilmi1.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamfortoday(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/aminahassilmi1.htm[/url]

part 2

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamfortoday(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/aminahassilmi2.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamfortoday(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/aminahassilmi2.htm[/url]

She has been forced off the road before -- beaten up -- and she's never lifted a hand against anyone.

Her marriage over, she also lost custody of her children because the court decided that the "unorthodox religion" would be detrimental to them.

She lost her job when she began wearing Islamic dress.

May Allah help Brother Abdullah insha'Allah

we have to ignore the ignorant people that label us muslims terrorists and ask for help from Allah. It can be very difficult at times to even find a job just because we choose to grow beards

It is bcoz, Islam is the truth (Deen-a-Haq).... Truth never be the bed of roses..

*Threads Merged*

Kindly do a search before posting and bump any previous topic, as such topics are posted numerous times over. Shukran.

Jazakallah khair for posting. :D

Well I dont think we can change the way the western media depicts Islam and muslims , we should concentrate on dawah though and spreading Islam , as nothing can stop Islam from spreading .