Islamic Forum
Aburafay

Muslim Scholar Seeks Debate With The Pope

:D and peace!

Dr. Zakir Naik has challenged the Pope on grounds that his statement and the apology were all preplanned. If the Pope is sincere in bridgingthe gap, he should make an unconditional apology and must retract from his statement. Otherwise, he should accept Dr. Zakir Naik's offer and try to prove what he said. If he does neither, we know where he is coming from, and Dr. Naik's claim is correct.

Refer (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16560&Itemid=146"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.php?o...&Itemid=146[/url]

Wassalam and peace out

PropellerAds
“He (the Pope) knew very well what he was speaking at University of Regensburg in Germany on September 12,†he said.

I don't believe he did. I believe the irrational response by Muslims worldwide was a surprise. Unless we are supposed to believe that Muslims always act irrationally?

“The Pope’s apology to the Muslims was at all not an apology rather it was putting salt on the wounds,†said Dr. Naik, adding that the Pope should have explicitly apologized and retracted his statement.

Benedict XVI seems to be toeing the same line of neo-con as that of President George Bush, he said.

Dr. Naik said if the Pope wants to initiate an authentic dialogue then he is more than willing to participate in such an inter-faith debate.

It is obvious from these statements and others that this man's desire is not to bring harmony but to bring disharmony. The Pope would be a fool to have anything to do with this man and his hatred.

If the Pope wants to have dialogue with Muslims then he needs to do so with Muslims that truly want harmony between the religions, not men who want fame and power like the gentleman in this article.

I don't believe he did. I believe the irrational response by Muslims worldwide was a surprise. Unless we are supposed to believe that Muslims always act irrationally?

It is obvious from these statements and others that this man's desire is not to bring harmony but to bring disharmony. The Pope would be a fool to have anything to do with this man and his hatred.

If the Pope wants to have dialogue with Muslims then he needs to do so with Muslims that truly want harmony between the religions, not men who want fame and power like the gentleman in this article.

If you don't know anything about Naik then maybe that's for the best, he is an incredibly hateful man who challenges many people to a debate. Ali Sina (of faith freedom fame), recently challenged Naik to a debate, Naik has avoided the subject and never talks about Sina, perhaps he saw the drubbing Sina gave to Yamin Zakaria and realized just how good a debater Sina was. Either way, Naik has no right to challenge people to debates considering his own cowardice concerning Sina.

Dr. Zakir Naik has challenged the Pope on grounds that his statement and the apology were all preplanned

How is it ever possible to back up such claim? :D

I mean that makes as much sense as a Jew claiming Naik's challenge preplanned in cooperation with the Pope.Althougg I don't mind watching them go head to head on a live broadcast. :D

U want some1 that comes up with gems like......

6. Pig is the most shameless animal

The pig is the most shameless animal on the face of the earth. It is the only animal that invites its friends to have sex with its mate. In America, most people consume pork. Many times after dance parties, they have swapping of wives; i.e. many say "you sleep with my wife and I will sleep with your wife." If you eat pigs then you behave like pigs. We Indians look upon America to be very advanced and sophisticated. Whatever they do, we follow after a few years. According to an article in Island magazine, this practice of swapping wives has become common in the affluent circles of Bombay.

To have a debate with the pope?

Anon,

Don't insult any scholars of Islam. I'm sure that by now you know that this is against the forum rules.

A scholar of Islam made that statement ? Is that true ?

Doesn't the Pope eat pork ?

There are some who feel the time for dialogue has past , as we are heading for a clash of east and west . Words are fast being replaced with action .

A scholar of Islam made that statement ? Is that true ?

Yes he did. Did he said something wrong? :D He is not diplomatic like others. He would say what is fact. Yeah I mean 100% fact. He wouldn't quote somebody whose opinion doesnt even support his opinion.

It's like Johnny goes to CNN live and quote some anti-christian book and say bad about jesus(pbuh). Next day he would say," hey that weren't my words. That does not represent my opinion on jesus. I didn't know you guys would feel bad. :D :D :D"

And whole world would support Johnny! :D

OPEN your eyes!!!! :D

Don't insult any scholars of Islam. I'm sure that by now you know that this is against the forum rules.

The man pretty much calls every American, as well as every person that eats a pork, a wife swapper and a pig, yet we are supposed to treat this man with respect? Why?

If he is a scholar of Islam can he show me where in Islamic writings it says that eating a pig will make you a wife swapper then fine. If not then he is making things up and putting words in the mouth of Allah.

U want some1 that comes up with gems like......

6. Pig is the most shameless animal

The pig is the most shameless animal on the face of the earth. It is the only animal that invites its friends to have sex with its mate. In America, most people consume pork. Many times after dance parties, they have swapping of wives; i.e. many say "you sleep with my wife and I will sleep with your wife." If you eat pigs then you behave like pigs. We Indians look upon America to be very advanced and sophisticated. Whatever they do, we follow after a few years. According to an article in Island magazine, this practice of swapping wives has become common in the affluent circles of Bombay.

To have a debate with the pope?

IF he really did say that, than he is more irrational than i always thought he was.

He is a well spoken (most of the time) bloke with alot of knowledge (now it is a matter of applying it with Adab/respect/Humility) who loves to debate.

..but i wouldn't go as far as calling him a Scholar Of Islam.

And secondly, as for the whole Pope Issue, the Pope is an idiot for not thinking before speaking.

But that is no excuse for the Muslim Ummah to act like idiots and burn Effigys of him and chant "Death to the pope"

I mean, its like saying.. "He called our Prophet a war monger!... Our prophet is a peace loving man... Lets Prove the pope wrong... KILL THE POPE!"

Sense the stupidity in that?

If you don't, i sugget you see a Brain Checkup.

.. and tell your friends and family to make alot of Dua' for you.

If you don't know anything about Naik then maybe that's for the best, he is an incredibly hateful man who challenges many people to a debate. Ali Sina (of faith freedom fame), recently challenged Naik to a debate, Naik has avoided the subject and never talks about Sina, perhaps he saw the drubbing Sina gave to Yamin Zakaria and realized just how good a debater Sina was. Either way, Naik has no right to challenge people to debates considering his own cowardice concerning Sina.

Ali Sina is a world class idiot.

I've tried to have a serious conversation with that man, he couldn't keep it up for longer than 2 minutes, he started with his childish "..**** your mum" bullocks. :D Yeah, he is a very smart bloke indeed..

Edited by SiR

Anon,

How am i insulting a scholar by quoting him?

All im suggesting is that if muslims want some1 to debate the pope, then they find some1 more scholarly and less offensive to non muslims.

That was only 1 of many quotes that would no go down well with non muslims.

Also there dosent appear to be any appology for comments made by this scholar regarding non muslims. So would he appologise b4 debating the pope as the pope has done?

Yes he did. Did he said something wrong? :D He is not diplomatic like others. He would say what is fact. Yeah I mean 100% fact. He wouldn't quote somebody whose opinion doesnt even support his opinion.

It's like Johnny goes to CNN live and quote some anti-christian book and say bad about jesus(pbuh). Next day he would say," hey that weren't my words. That does not represent my opinion on jesus. I didn't know you guys would feel bad. :D :D :D"

And whole world would support Johnny! :D

OPEN your eyes!!!! :D

Now wait a minute . My eyes are wide open , and so are my ears . I'm supposed to consider those words non-offensive ? Do you know how many people in the world that are offended by that remark ?

You ask , "did he say something wrong " ?

What do you think ?

And don't go making comparisons that are irrelevant .

Your whole argument here revolves around the idea , that "hey atleast he was honest "

Yea , THAT"S THE PROBLEM ,he was .

How dare anyone come to such a moral conclusion , such an overtly blatant negative generalization based on a religious dietary tenet ?

You say this man is a scholar ? Was he quoting the Q'uran ? If so please give the specific Sura and verse .

I know many people who do not eat pork , and have never heard such a remark that they are categorizing people who do , as wife swappers .

And this is a man who will have a dioalogue with the Pope ?

Do you realy think any good will come of such a dialogue ?

What about people who drink wine ?

Is there any moral tag that is attached to them ?

I can just imagin the excuses people are thinking of...

"but he follows the qur'an and the sunnah,.. ofcourse he is a scholar!'

Being well spoken doesn't make someone a scholar.

And having knowledge is PART of being a scholar, but if you cannot deal with Adab, and can't hold down an arguement/debate without saying to your opponent that "that is such a stupid question..", you are simply a well spoken man with knowledge.

But don't get me wrong, i am acknowleding the fact that he is very well spoken, and that he has alot of knowledge, but there is alot that he has to learn before we start calling him Islamic Scholars.

I am sorry if my comments have hurt anyones feelings.

Actually, i am not sorry, i am saying it as it is.

LOL.

Attack the man who challenges the Pope. But that won't get you anywhere. Let the Pope accept or apologise in clear terms. He has called for it, now he has it.

I have heard Dr. Zakir Naik hundreds of timeson TV, on video, in person, and think that he is a world renowned scholar of comparative religions. His knowldege of the Testaments and the Hindu scriptures is unparralleled. Even their onw scholars cannot match his knowledge. Shaikh Ahmed Deedat called him Dedat Plus.

In his speeches, he attacks, rarely, but on things that are to be found. If he said that there is wife-swapping in America and that the pig is the only animal that swaps partners, has he stated something wrong? Prove that both statements are wrong, instead of crying foul.

Funny part is that there are atheists and non-religion people also in the foray.

Yes, he is a Muslim scholar in his own rights. Anybody who says he isn't is talking without knowledge. His knowledege of Islam is tremendous. He talks with world knowledge when he analyses Islamic jurisprudence. Instead of criticising him without knowledge, or with on one or two out-of-context statements, read him, or listen to him. Do a google and find his articles and videos. Then talk with facts.

The pig is the most shameless animal on the face of the earth. It is the only animal that invites its friends to have sex with its mate. In America, most people consume pork. Many times after dance parties, they have swapping of wives; i.e. many say "you sleep with my wife and I will sleep with your wife." If you eat pigs then you behave like pigs.

Ohhh.... so that's why I'm having trouble commiting to a relationship!

If he said that there is wife-swapping in America and that the pig is the only animal that swaps partners, has he stated something wrong? Prove that both statements are wrong, instead of crying foul.

Cattle get sick. Muslims get sick. Therefore, Muslims get sick because they eat beef.

Don't cry foul until you can prove both statements wrong.

The Pope would be a fool to discuss anything with this man.

In his speeches, he attacks, rarely, but on things that are to be found. If he said that there is wife-swapping in America and that the pig is the only animal that swaps partners, has he stated something wrong? Prove that both statements are wrong, instead of crying foul.

He compared americans who eat PIG MEAT to PIGS and said that PIG EATERS become like those pigs and SWAP WIVES.

Come on, PLEASE don't tell me that you will agree to something so STUPID !

The pig is the most shameless animal on the face of the earth. It is the only animal that invites its friends to have sex with its mate. In America, most people consume pork. Many times after dance parties, they have swapping of wives; i.e. many say "you sleep with my wife and I will sleep with your wife." If you eat pigs then you behave like pigs.

Aburafay, it is plain to see that this man has just insulted every person on earth who eats pig meat. He is calling all people who eat pig meat ....pigs basically...........is there nothing wrong in that?

He doesnt seem to be better than the Pope, both of them make rash decisions and insult other people but at least the Pope tries to make it seem like hes apologising and I havent heard Zakir Naik Apologise so far.

Peace

Salaams

Since when did animal ethics become a theistic concern? :D

:D all,

I had the opportunity to listen to him at coopers masjid in mississauga many years ago. He is very smart and i'm sure the pope right now is thinking what to do :D.. hes probably petrified hahhaah!!!

Peace

Im very Sad that John Paul II had to die.....he was so much better than this Pope.

Peace

Salaam,

True saying this guy just dont have the charisma of the old pope!

Just like bush and clinton, although i wasnt fond of clinton he had this charm about him, when he entered a room people fealt energised... now bush he cant even string together a proper sentence never mind run the world

Just like bush and clinton, although i wasnt fond of clinton he had this charm about him, when he entered a room people fealt energised... now bush he cant even string together a proper sentence never mind run the world

hahaha so true bro!

Peace

Dr. Zakir Naik has challenged the Pope on grounds that his statement and the apology were all preplanned. If the Pope is sincere in bridgingthe gap, he should make an unconditional apology and must retract from his statement. Otherwise, he should accept Dr. Zakir Naik's offer and try to prove what he said. If he does neither, we know where he is coming from, and Dr. Naik's claim is correct.

perhaps it's a good idea, perhaps it's gonna backfire. in an open debate there's a thin line between proving the pope has gone overboard and "holier than thou" tit for tat :D

“I (Dr. Naik) am absolutely ready for an open and public debate with the pope under live international TV coverage,†he said.

Let the 1.3 billion Muslims and 2 billion Christians around the world listen to the debate based on equal slot of time allotted to both sides, he said. “It is not only a debate but also a question and answer session allowing the people to ask queries,†he said.

He said he is not in favor of closed-door meeting with the Pope, as was suggested by his predecessor Pope John Paul II, when South African-based Islamic scholar Ahmed Deedat invited him for open dialogue, he said.