Islamic Forum
Entropy

Veil Snatched From Muslim Women

Asalaamalikum

Veil snatched from Muslim woman

A Muslim woman's veil was snatched from her by a man who shouted racist abuse at a bus stop in Liverpool.

The 49-year-old, from Toxteth, was at the junction of Kensington and Holt Road when her veil was snatched by a tall white man in his 60s.

Insp Saied Mostaghel, of Merseyside Police, said: "This was a despicable attack, which has left the victim feeling extremely shocked and upset."

He added that police would not tolerate hate crimes.

"This kind of behaviour will not be tolerated in our communities and I would reassure local people that we are treating the matter very seriously," he said.

"We will be meeting with community leaders tomorrow to discuss any concerns they may have and I would ask anyone who may know who is responsible for this to come forward."

The attacker is described as slim with silver-grey hair and was wearing a light khaki jacket and grey trousers.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/5414704.stm"]bbc[/url]

Edited by Entropy

PropellerAds

:D

Every Muslim cares for their fellow brothers and sisters. This is a dispicable and cowardly thing.

Asalaamalikum.

please try not to rise to Manuel-II-Palaiologos pathetic comments. It is an utterly despicable action, carried out on a vulnerable women.

walikumsalaam

Edited by Entropy

Is people blowing themselves up on trains a worse action?

The ignorance of this statement has no limits. A few people who claim to be following the teachings of Islam do wrong. So that automatically means that the people who are truly following Islam, and are being wronged, don't matter? What kind of logic is that?

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT US TO DO??

Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion. Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance." Wert thou to follow their desires after the knowledge which hath reached thee, then wouldst thou find neither Protector nor helper against Allah. 2:120

The 49-year-old, from Toxteth, was at the junction of Kensington and Holt Road when her veil was snatched by a tall white man in his 60s.

Wretched man.

Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion. Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance." Wert thou to follow their desires after the knowledge which hath reached thee, then wouldst thou find neither Protector nor helper against Allah. 2:120

And some Muslims will never be satisfied until everyone is a Muslim or under Muslim rule. The whole world is like this.

Wretched man.

I agree completely.

The location says all! Anyone who's been to Toxeth, Liverpool or know people from them will understand.

What an awful thing to do. To take out his frustrations on a harmless, vulnerable woman is just despicable.

It says that she is currently recovering from shock at home. May Allah ease her through her difficulties and protect her from coming into harms way, and may He :D guide the one who wronged her.

With peace.

Ameen

I wonder if there was anyone nearby and if so, whether they reacted at all.

Actually, as a muslim or non muslim, how would you react if

this kind of thing happened in front of you?

Not the first time and not the last.

After 7/7 I heard stories of Sisters having there Hijabs yanked off in the street and even..................Muslim Sisters being sexually harrassed for being Muslim. :D It never got in the news, but I was told by realiable sources that this took place in the UK.

May Allah protect ALL the Sisters.

who cares?

a lot of people including non muslims! surprised are ya?

just because your a genocide glorifying terrorist it doesnt make everyone else, your a stain to christianity!

Is people blowing themselves up on trains a worse action?

now the amount of people who have blown themselves up on trains compared to the amount of people who have killed innocent muslims is obviously not even worth working out... !

Also regarding that man, its obviously pathetic, brainwashed pathetic sorry excuse of a life...

plese fellow muslims do not judge people from the west by his actions... im glad the police are doing something about it....

Edited by shaidmahmood

a lot of people including non muslims! surprised are ya?

just because your a genocide glorifying terrorist it doesnt make everyone else, your a stain to christianity!

now the amount of people who have blown themselves up on trains compared to the amount of people who have killed innocent muslims is obviously not even worth working out... so do yourselve a favour and shut your filthy mouth!

Also regarding that man, its obviously pathetic, brainwashed pathetic sorry excuse of a life...

plese fellow muslims do not judge people from the west by his actions... im glad the police are doing something about it....

:D Brother

Whilst agreeing with many of your sentiments in this post, I would ask you to re-read it and modify your language. This is Ramadan.

I do totally agree that this is the actions of one man and not a whole community and we should not start to get alarmed.

I hope the man is prosecuted, which in itself will shame him.

Ameen

:D Sister

You raise a very good point.

Fortunately I am used to dealing with conflict and violent situations so I, inshallah, would restrain the man and calm him down, hoping that he would see or could be persuaded of the error and stupidity of his ways.

:D Sister

You raise a very good point.

Fortunately I am used to dealing with conflict and violent situations so I, inshallah, would restrain the man and calm him down, hoping that he would see or could be persuaded of the error and stupidity of his ways.

Alhamdullilah I think its very important to intervene...personally I would rush over to the sister to comfort and support her...and you know, I would do exactly the same if ther was any abuse against a non muslim woman as well.

Ameen

That's actually quite tricky, for a non-Muslim man.

Once he's pulled the veil off, it would be a little late to stop him, and I don't know any way of comforting the woman that would be acceptable.

If he was hanging onto the veil, I'd try to persuade him to give it back and, if he didn't, treat him as any member of the public would hopefully treat a thief. I'd feel very conscious that I was being perceived as intervening to defend a principle I didn't agree with, but assault is assault.

Peace,

Once he's pulled the veil off, it would be a little late to stop him, and I don't know any way of comforting the woman that would be acceptable.

Acknowledge her and ask her if shes ok, whether she wanted you to call the police for her. She wouldnt mind...

I'd feel very conscious that I was being perceived as intervening to defend a principle I didn't agree with, but assault is assault.

But you would still intervene...which is good to know.

Thanks.