Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Teakster

Teakster Thoughts!

Salaam guys,

While I haven’t done one of these for a while so lets get started……

I know, I know….. Hijaabs is one recent topics of our time. Right now the sisters will be complaining and say to leave us alone and worry about our own :P . However I believe women are one the most important foundation of Islam and being educated in Islam is also important. Since the women will be around the children more because of the special bond between mother and child. The children will adopt a more Islamic way of life! :P

Back to the point………ââ‚

¦. When I look around (well not really look) you see sisters wearing a hajaab – Marshallah, I think that is brilliant. Then I realize she is trying to chat up a couple in boys in her skin tight jeans?!?! :D

I mean don’t they understand the purpose of a hijaab? :D Don’t get me wrong wearing a hijaab is better then no hijaab but I wouldn’t use that as a guidance of her personality :( . Not wearing is a hijaab is a sin, stealing is a different sin, back-biting is another sin….. and so on. All because a sister wearing a hijaab and then does bad stuff doesn’t give us the right to stop her from wearing one. At least she isn’t doing one sin, but we must educate them and make them understand the purpose of the hijaab. Who are we to say that a Muslim is a better than another Muslim, most sisters have been told just to wear a hijaab without a reason why!!! :D

Personally I would want to marry someone who does wear a hijaab, but……….. I would rather marry someone who doesn’t wear a hijaab and has a good personality (But then I educate her to wearing one! :D ) rather than someone who wears a hijaab and acts like a street rat!!!

Let me tell you of another example, I was about to go a train when I noticed in front of the door was a sister leaving. As normal she was wearing a hijaab……….bu

…… she was wearing a skin tight vest :D. I mean the only parts a woman is only allowed to show are her face and their hands. To be honest the hijaab nower days is consider more of a fashion accessory like a handbag or a necklace. We need to re-educate people the purpose of the hijaab!!! :D

Lets get the fact straight…. Women are attractive and beautiful. Their beauty is a treasure and they have the right to share it to the one they love. If it was available to everyone then it wouldn’t be that special nor classed as a treasure! :D

What do you guys think…..?

Wasalaam

PropellerAds

:D

Well said brother Teakster.. :D Nice to see your thoughts.. :P

If it was available to everyone then it wouldn’t be that special nor classed as a treasure!

Now theres a really good point. :P

Thanks for postin that bro.

I agree bro, my thoughts exactly!

I know, I know….. Hijaabs is one recent topics of our time.  Right now the sisters will be complaining and say to leave us alone and worry about our own :D .

was that directed at me ? :D or maybe i am getting way too panaroid at the moment :P

anyways yeah i have seen such cases . fashion in abayas keeps on changing. sometimes there is the long flowing sleeves.then there was one trend about fitted sleeves.then theer was about net used for designing it. :( infact there came out a whole collection of fitted abayas .not skin fit ofcourse but fitted alright. anyways there are some abayas which seriously really puts any sane person off.it was liek embroidery at wierd wierd spots.that why there are 'mutawwas' roaming around in market to keep a check on people.if they find a woman wearing indecent hijab/abaya twice they put her poor husband in jail. (w00t) you know that kind of gives me ideas about how to get back at the husband :D you know .............. :D

naah j/k

:P

sis Raaaz, whr do u live?

well, i was in Saudi last week & the abayas r very fashionable there. The abayas my siter wear r all embroiried. & they r sooooo expensive. my couisn bought Versace abaya :D cost her more that $ 400.

I've seen a sister at the mosallah at my uni, who doesn't wear hijab but she prays, but when she prays she wears a tight jeans and a long what shall I say...veil, but still, her tight jeans are showing, I'm too shy to say anything, but I think it's wrong of me not to say anything....?

salaam

as salam alaikum,

I get what you mean, theres a sister that go to our Masjid, she is brazilian, she goes with some long veil, and after praying, when she is in the same room we are she takes the veil and there are some tight clothes there! All the brothers are mad at her lol but nobody says anything :D

wa alaikum salam

I never thought there were muslimeen in Uruguay....I'd be angry too if I were a man and she did that in font of me......

salaam

interesting....:D

salaam

asalamualaykum,

bump to keep bumped

but like to add

hijab = head covering, designer or just a cloth

modesty = loose clothing, our figures should really only be for our husband's eyes only

(opinion) women shouldnt have to feel they need to dress in designer clothing... it just seems so wrong

you know i just found out tonight that my daughter's girl scout leader took her daughters (5 and 6 yr olds) to hooters so they could see what it is, i'm still in a total state of shock but tonight is going to be the last meeting she attends with this troop... tighter, less clothing - yea i'm still on topic see?

Versace abaya

:D WHAT THE FLIP ....... LOL ....... ! ! ! I hope you all can notice the irony here LMAO ! ! ! Versace is a big time kafir lol whos making abaya ! ! !

Edited by doomhammer

Good points....the whole point of the hijab is to hide a womens modesty.....and if sisters are wearing the hijab but exposing other parts of the body it is pointless in that case.........May Allah(swt) guide us all.........ameen........... :D

that my daughter's girl scout leader took her daughters (5 and 6 yr olds) to hooters so they could see what it is, i'm still in a total state of shock but tonight is going to be the last meeting she attends with this troop... tighter, less clothing - yea i'm still on topic see?

:D thats shocking indeed! :D

What's the point of this post?

This is the kind of post I was talking about when I said this in the other thread:

Please don't bring the whole 'A non-hijabi sister is way better than a hijabi sister who does this and that, or doesn't do this and that.'

It's getting old, and rather annoying.

OBVIOUSLY, a Muslimah should try to be practicing in ALL aspects of Islam. NO ONE said that JUST by wearing the hijab, it makes a sister a perfect and flawless Muslimah.

God.

I just get sick and tired of reading this kind of over and over and over and over again!

I know the person's intentions are pure when posting something like this, but some people who are newly-practicing reading this WILL get a bad image of ALL hijabies out there! They'll probably be suspicious of anyone with a hijab on, thinking 'Well, I don't know what she's REALLY like underneath that hijab.' What a horrible way to think.

Anyhow, brother Teakster.. this wasn't directed just towards you (sorry if it seems like that), I just hear this kind of thing from so many people.. usually the non-hijabi sisters who feel guilty inside about not wearing the hijab, but want to make themselves feel better by bringing up 'hijabi sisters who do this and that'. Seeing hijabi sisters act like that shouldn't discourage anyone from putting on the hijab.. if anything, it should ENCOURAGE them to be a better hijabi themselves inshaAllah!

Just my few cents, or pence in our case, lol.

^ I do understand your point Bro afG, but I would also like to add when a lady wears a hijab - she is telling the world she is a muslimah. Therefore she becomes an identifiable ambassador for Islam at that point (the same with a bearded brother who obviously looks and dresses muslim). Of course even if we don't show our Islam on the outside we should still be good examples as muslims - but being identifiable means in current times especially, non-muslims will take a greater interest in our behaiour :P

:P WHAT THE FLIP ....... LOL ....... ! ! ! I hope you all can notice the irony here LMAO ! ! ! Versace is a big time kafir lol whos making abaya ! ! !

Not just that Sis Doorhammer, but Gianni Versace was also homosexual.

Not just that Sis Doorhammer, but Gianni Versace was also homosexual.

Yes, Versache was a homosexual and he was killed near his door steps no?

Ummm.. 2 things -- 1) you got the name wrong again its not door but doom but more importantly when did i become a GIRL (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

Heeey, yup, yup, Versace a big kafir who makes Islamic clothing....hilarious!

salaam

brother manssor ansari i was talking about saudia too as i live there :P and well things have changed pretty much with time. even there is not so much strictness as there was 2 -3 years back.and like i said abayas have become very fashionable .but fashinable does not mean that they are revealing or something .some are but not most of them. as you know wearing abaya and scarf is a law for every woman while going out!

and sis AFG CHILL !! :P

Seeing hijabi sisters act like that shouldn't discourage anyone from putting on the hijab.. if anything, it should ENCOURAGE them to be a better hijabi themselves inshaAllah!

and ofcourse any sensible person would come to that conclusion :D !

Edited by RAAAZ

assalamu alaikum

Seeing hijabi sisters act like that shouldn't discourage anyone from putting on the hijab.. if anything, it should ENCOURAGE them to be a better hijabi themselves inshaAllah!

I guess this is just an excuse...no muslim would do something bad and say some other muslim did it and that there is nothing wrong in it..it just doesn't make sense...we were NEVER asked to look at fellow muslims and follow them!

Raaaz, I am 'chilled'. Just voiced my opinion like yourself =).

Cheerio, I didn't understand what you were trying to say.

lolz ok sis! sorry i misunderstood :D

:P

assalamu alaikum

Cheerio, I didn't understand what you were trying to say.

I was replying to what I quoted earlier.. all I am saying is..DON'T look at others and decide what you should be doing...

But you CAN look at others, and decide what you SHOULDN'T be doing.

You didn't get the point I was trying to make with the sentence you quoted. I've heard countless non-hijabies makes excuses of how so-and-so is a hijabi but they do this and that, trying to say how being a non-hijabi is better than being a hijabi who gets up to no-good. They let these hijabies who have obvious short-comings as a Muslimah stop them from putting on the hijab. Stupid, no? Exactly.