Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aaqib Ahmed

My 6 Choices Of U.k. Universities

:D

I was wondering if you could help me decide if I should live there at Uni or come back home everyday?

Ok all my Unis are roughly around an hour and a bit away.I was thinking of driving to Uni,attend lecture,stay and chill at Uni for bit then come back home everyday.

My big bro says it could prove hard for me to travel as well as focus on my studies,what do u think?

I could go by bus and train also.

Heres my final 6 choices for Maths,

my predicted grades are AAA,alhumdulilah.

I have put down the grades each Uni requires.

And need your confirmation that I have choosen the right set of offers to suit me,inshallah?

Cambridge

Warwick-AAB+entrance exam-STEP

Imperial College London-AAB

Birmingham-ABC/AAB

University College London-AAB

Aston Uni-BBB/BBC

Oxford Brookes-CCC

After my june mess up I have lowered my standards a bit and put in Oxford Brookes instead of Cambridge.

May Allah reward u for your help.Ameen.

PropellerAds

asalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakathu brother Aaqib :D

Ameen to your du'a

i hope you are well

the university flavouuurrrrr! B) I had been through it this past one year, i'm currently in my first year at Birmingham Uni.

Well brother, there is not really a problem in commuting everyday to a University away from home, but it largely depends on the individual himself. I mean, if you can handle the travelling and keeping up with studies at the same time then there's no problemo! :D If you drive a car, then that is an advantage because BUSES and TRAINS can be a hassle sometimes :D ... but the bus i catch for uni is alright.

Alhamdulillah AAA prediction- braniac B)

Your uni choices are absolutely fine, they're actually in the top positions in the league table from what i remember, Warwick is a good one along with Oxford Brookes, Birmingham and Imperial- i think they're fine choices! I reckon that if you do your very best in your exams inshAllah and attain AAA then you can enter the likes of Imperial!

Oh, and in terms of staying at the University, it will cost obviously but if you're ready to go in debts :D then you can stay lol... but like i said if you can drive a car it'll be more convenient and plus, i'm sure your course won't require lectures and seminars everyday- there are generally one or two days off but i'm not quite sure. I mean, consider all circumstances, look at it from all angles: cost, convenience and capability. InshAllah you settle with what you want. :D

Speaking of Cambridge, my little bro is applyin there this year inshAllah, plzzzzz make du'a for him, he is my lil champ :D i hope he does well in his interview (i'm more nervous than him :D )

Wa'salam

Thanks for the wonderful advice Aamina sis,may Allah reward u for it and give u immense success in your studies.Ameen.

btw what is yr little bro planning on studying,and where is he applying to? :D

Please say Maths,lol. :D

Inshallah the interview will go great for him,I was very close to applying to Cambridge as my 6th form head wanted me to and so did my friends,but thought na,even when I was soo obsessed with going there at the beginning of year 12.Allah knows best.:D

May Allah give yr bro immense success in his interview and studies.Ameen.

Take Care

In my duas

wa alaikum assalam

no problem at all, i'm glad i was able to assist you. Ameen to your du'a.

May Allah make your journey to university easy and grant you success in your exams. Ameen.

Lil bro LOVES MATHS, but apparently he hasn't chose maths, but chose a course called Natural Sciences, which includes loads of maths as well as biology, chemistry etc.

Aw brother, you could give a crack at it (Cambridge), although it is entirely your own decision. At the end of the day, what counts is the fact that you get a good education in the course you're most happy with and do well inshAllah. Allahu Alim.

Jazakallah khair for your du'a for my brother. Ameen.

salam and du'as

Salam bro

I'd say Imperial College London, thats one of the top unis in london and uk, it will look good on your CV, and it would mean less travelling if your from london, it says SE on your location, where u from exactly?

I wouldnt advise living at any uni.

All people do is spend their time drinking and bringing girls home to the dorm rooms.

Not an Islamic environment at all.

[at]Aamina sis,I looked at the natural sciences course at Cambridge and alhumdulilah it looks awesome,the range of different topics u can do is really good.The sciences and maths all in one. :D

Ameen to the duas. :D

btw depending on which college he applies to will depend on if he does an admissions test.

Its called Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA).If he doesn't do that then he'll be given a test at interview,inshallah he will do great. :D

btw what college is he applying to at Cambridge?

Does he know about the admissions test,if not let me know and I can give u a link where he can practice the questions,inshallah.

[at] Pe[at]ce bro,Ameen to your dua bro,I'm grateful for it. :D

I'm from Buckinghamshire,so not from London.

The Unis are around an hour and a bit drive from me,apart from Warwick and Birmingham which are a bit closer,my backup Oxford Brookes takes longer,inshallah I won't end up there.:D

Alhumdulilah Imperial is very good,I think my cousin went there for medicine or Uni College London,get them mixed up,lol!Alhumdulilah she said those London Unis are goood. :D

[at] Sister_Truth,yeah thats way I want to drive there and back everyday,to reduce the non muslim influence as much as possible.Plus I would really miss my parents,and my mum's wonderful cooking,so would prefer to drive and back,inshallah.:D

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

Insha'Allah bro, thats a very sensible idea.

Which one of ur dorm mates is going to wake u up for fajr lol :D

"Which one of ur dorm mates is going to wake u up for fajr lol"

LOL, :D

Inshallah I can wake up myself. :D

I'll buy a decent alarm,P

I don't drive yet,soo inshallah can learn before next october,otherwise my dad will have to drive me to Uni and back,everything,hehe,lol! :D

asalamu alaikum

:D sister_truth and brother Aaqib!

Which reminds me, when my big brother was at Cambridge during Ramadan (his sleep was very precious to him) so my mum or myself used to always call him at sehri to wake him up (his phone became his official alarm clock :D )- see, what would he do without mum and me :D

Hehe- brother Aaqib will your dad be able to take you everyday to uni? InshAllah, learn to drive by next year :D

Oh yeah- natural sciences is pretty awesome if you love maths and sciences at the same time... brother, i think he's applying for a college called Fitz-something lol... i'll ask him for confirmation later. I don't think he'll be doing an admissions test but i'll ask him that aswell and let you know. :D for offering assistance if he does have an admissions test :D

InshAllah i hope you both get excellent grades and get into the uniz you want to.

May Allah :D make it easy for you and grant you success and happiness. Ameen

btw, i love maths too but english language/literature, law and stuff like that won my heart in the end :D

wa'salam

Aww mashallah thats very kind of your mum and you to do that for your big bro,may Allah reward u immensely for it.Ameen. :D

Inshallah he'll do great in his degree also. B)

Naa I don't think my dad would be able do,I wouldn't want him to do that anyway as it would make him very tired,inshallah I can learn how to drive very soooon. :D

Fitzwilliam its called,lol.

Inshallah let me know which you can sis. :D :D

Ameen to your duas sis,I'm very grateful for them.May Allah accept them and give u much more,inshallah! :D

Inshallah I really hope u and your brothers do great in yr studies,and get immense success in whatever u do. :D

I'm a sciency/mathy type,but love maths far more. :D

Take Care

Ameen to your du'as :D :D :D

Now i got three brothers who love maths! B)

I hope my little sister follows my footsteps :D or if she goes for maths in the future then i'll be ganged up on :D