Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aamina

Good Nutrition Guideline

asalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakathu brothers and sisters

I hope everyone are in their best HEALTH and Iman

:D

Here's a guideline to healthy eating, reflecting the following verse in the holy Qur'an:

"O you people! Eat of what is on earth, lawful and good..."(2:168)

Raw Fruits and Vegetables

Fruits and vegetables have high amounts of water, fiber, vitamins and minerals making it easy on your digestive system. Eating more raw than cooked vegetables are better for you because the more they are cooked the less nutrients there are. Cook vegetables with as little water or fat as possible.

Meat and Seafood

Eat fresh meat and seafood with skin and fat removed. Also, eat less of red meat and eat more chicken and fish. This helps in controlling cholesterol.

Food Combinations

Do not eat fruit after any other food or on an empty stomach. Fruits take 20 minutes to digest whereas other food take 1-2 hours. When eaten one after another fruits ferment in the stomach while waiting for other food to digest. This can cause bloating, belching and other non-desirable side effects. It is therefore recommended to eat fruits 20 minutes before your meal or 1-2 hours after your meal. Also, eating protein (dairy food, fish) and carbohydrates (bread, pasta) with salads or raw or lightly steamed vegetables will help prevent or eliminate many common digestive problems.

Drinking Water

Drinking plain water and other forms of fluids such unsweetened fruit juices are the best way to keep the body healthy and functioning properly. Flavored water(e.g. lemon juice added) requires digestion by the body causing extra work to be done by your system. To know how much water you need to stay healthy follow this simple formula: - divide your body weight by 3 - the answer is the number of ounces of plain water you need to drink daily to help your body stay properly hydrated. Thus, by eating plenty of fruits and vegetables, cutting fat in your meat and fish and drinking plenty of water you can maintain a good health. Insha Allah. Also by eating food at the right time, at the right amount you can help to decrease or eliminate many digestive problems. Exercising regularly also helps to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

May Allah :D bestow his mercy upon our health! Ameen

PropellerAds

Assalam Alaikum

Jazaak Allah Khair for sharing this important information with us..

May Allah (SWT) bless you.. ameen

Jazaak Allah Khair for the information sis,

alhumdulilah its informative and useful to read. :D

May Allah reward u immensely for sharing it.Ameen.

Nice Informative Post :D

Ameen

Asalamu alaikum

jazakallah khair for reading it... and remember to take good care of your health guys and girls :D

That's really helpful! Thanks :D When you divide you weight - is in lb or Kg?

ce' post='372476' date='Nov 6 2006, 10:55 AM']Assalamu Alaikum

JazakAllaz sister for the info, I really need to cut down on the chicken and chips!

What's best to eat to avoid/delay getting bags under eyes?

:D bro

Its best to get this checked out by your doc.

But I can tell you that your kidneys are probably being overworked or that its due to you not getting enough sleep or even hereditary, which means no food product can help shift them.

Either way drink a glass of fresh cranberry juice everyday to help alleviate the problem by strengthening the kidneys. Also drinking plenty of water will help too :D.

Sometimes but usually in the case of women, its due to a shortage of iron or ferritin, so eat plenty of fresh leafy green vegetables, red meat, eggs, nuts as well as vitamin C to help in the absorption of iron.

Dark circles can also be down to allergies. Cut down on wheat products such as roti .Wheat is in nearly in everything we eat as too much one thing is of course not good, in terms of the body , too much of one food is one cause of food intolerance, if not making the body and vital organs such as the liver and kidneys quite sluggish and thus unable to do their job properly, which will mean improper absorption of vital nutrients etc.

Also cut back on the amount of tea and coffee you drink, especially around mealtimes, since the tannins in tea and coffee bind to the iron and interfere with absorption.

But in general, get enough sleep, don't stress, eat healthily and look after yourself and it'll show on the outside.

ooooo doctor mehnaz! B) mashAllah, awesome advice, thumbs up for that one :D

brother Pe[at]ce, what sister mehnaz provided will help you :D

I heard that if you place a slice of raw potato under your eyes for 20 minutes, then it'll get rid of the bags

You can also wash your eyes with clean COLD water, or even ice as soon as u wake up :D

try'em out brother

ooooo doctor mehnaz! B)

lol nah I watch too much of 'you are what you eat' :D

I heard that if you place a slice of raw potato under your eyes for 20 minutes, then it'll get rid of the bags

You can also wash your eyes with clean COLD water, or even ice as soon as u wake up :D

True your right sis :D

But in general, get enough sleep, don't stress, eat healthily and look after yourself and it'll show on the outside.

Assalamu Alaikum

JazakAllah for the tips.

I don't have bags yet, but I do need to sleep more, I also heard smoking can cause bags later on..

try'em out brother

Assalamu Alaikum

JazakAllah for the tips.

I always thought it was cucumbers..

I also heard wet teabags helps?