Islamic Forum
Haqqul_Yaqeen

The Kite Runner

:D

This book is amazing. So sad, so powerfully moving. Life in its entirety, all wrapped up in a beautifully written masterpiece of a novel. Honestly, it touched my heart to a great extent.

I know it came out a while ago, but I just read it. If you haven't already, read it. I loved it so much.

PropellerAds

Wow sounds like a great book to read. :D

Could you tell me more about the book,like what its like,what it contains,etc? :D

May Allah reward u for letting me.Ameen.

:D brother,

I don't want to spoil it for you, not even one bit, but here I quoted this website: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.readinggroupguides(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/guides3/kite_runner1.asp"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.readinggroupguides(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/guides3/kite_runner1.asp[/url]

An epic tale of fathers and sons, of friendship and betrayal, that takes us from Afghanistan in the final days of the monarchy to the atrocities of the present.

The unforgettable, heartbreaking story of the unlikely friendship between a wealthy boy and the son of his father's servant, The Kite Runner is a beautifully crafted novel set in a country that is in the process of being destroyed. It is about the power of reading, the price of betrayal, and the possibility of redemption, and it is also about the power of fathers over sons-their love, their sacrifices, their lies.

I also just found out that The Kite Runner will be made into a movie, based on the book, coming out in 2007 insha'Allah!!!

By the way, I forgot to mention the name of the brilliant author, Khaled Hosseini.

I completely agree sis HY. I read this book about two years ago and I remember it being a particularly good read.

Highly recommended :D

salaam

i read this book about a year ago. it was a good read but it left a hauntingly sad feeling in you. the injustice that was so prevalent in the story just makes you want to scream! i do recommend the book...but it is for mature adults as there is some topics that is not appropriate for youngsters. i heard awhile ago that they were making a movie out of the book but havent heard anything lately....anyone know? actually i dont think i will watch the movie, it really is so sad.

I bought this book today and ill read it, Inshallaah may be in week or two.

I have not yet read this book, but I made a point to purchase it so that I could read it in the near future.

I am glad that it is accepted by the Muslim community, judging by these posts, because it is a best seller in America. There is a drive in America to understand the individual struggles of Muslims, and that is easily portrayed through fiction.

Salam,

He's got a new one out called (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetamazon.co.uk/Thousand-Splendid-Suns-Khaled-Hosseini/dp/0747582793/ref=pd_bbs_1/203-0771419-6445539?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187971669&sr=8-1"]A Thousand Splendid Suns[/url].

Wassalam.

:sl:

I've read The Kite Runner and finished it last Sunday, it is by far the best novel I've read.

I'm looking forward to reading A Thousand Splendid Suns

Amazon.co.uk Review

The Kite Runner of Khaled Hosseini's deeply moving fiction debut is an illiterate Afghan boy with an uncanny instinct for predicting exactly where a downed kite will land. Growing up in the city of Kabul in the early 1970s, Hassan was narrator Amir's closest friend even though the loyal 11-year-old with "a face like a Chinese doll" was the son of Amir's father's servant and a member of Afghanistan's despised Hazara minority. But in 1975, on the day of Kabul's annual kite-fighting tournament, something unspeakable happened between the two boys.

Narrated by Amir, a 40-year-old novelist living in California, The Kite Runner tells the gripping story of a boyhood friendship destroyed by jealousy, fear, and the kind of ruthless evil that transcends mere politics. Running parallel to this personal narrative of loss and redemption is the story of modern Afghanistan and of Amir's equally guilt-ridden relationship with the war-torn city of his birth. The first Afghan novel to be written in English, The Kite Runner begins in the final days of King Zahir Shah's 40-year reign and traces the country's fall from a secluded oasis to a tank-strewn battlefield controlled by the Russians and then the trigger-happy Taliban. When Amir returns to Kabul to rescue Hassan's orphaned child, the personal and the political get tangled together in a plot that is as suspenseful as it is taut with feeling.

The son of an Afghan diplomat whose family received political asylum in the United States in 1980, Hosseini combines the unflinching realism of a war correspondent with the satisfying emotional pull of master storytellers such as Rohinton Mistry. Like the kite that is its central image, the story line of this mesmerizing first novel occasionally dips and seems almost to dive to the ground. But Hosseini ultimately keeps everything airborne until his heartrending conclusion in an American picnic park. --Lisa Alward, Amazon.ca --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

Source: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetamazon.co.uk/Kite-Runner-Khaled-Hosseini/dp/0747566534/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/203-7946677-6143106?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187976704&sr=8-1"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetamazon.co.uk/Kite-Runner-Khaled...6704&sr=8-1[/url]

Looks like a good book worth reading

Yeah it does,:j: I'll give it a read.

Or ask a friend of mine for a good summary of it. :no:

Tonight I finished 9 chapters. I so far hate the book because its so sad. Its like the author plays with you and causes so much suspense. He like makes you feel certain about whats going to happen and your like you know its going to happen and when it happen your like wow! Thats because how it happens is so

dramatic

This is the weirdest book I have ever read

For some reason I like stories with happy endings, but I am not sure if this story will have a sad ending. If It does I wonder if it will be a good sad ending. The author is very good at making you feel sorry for the characters. A lot of good lessons to be thought in only 9 chapters. This is good story to help people grow up

Edited by Ryo_Akiski

That is definitely true^ the story is sorrowful, and it does get to you. This is why it's the most influential novel I've read as it creates a powerful impression.

EDIT: I've ordered A Thousand Splendid Suns today

I finished the novel. I must say that It is not that great. ITs good but not the best. Yes the beginning of the novel was good and made me excited but during the end I got pretty bored. So I give this book an ok. The end could have been better. Its just plain boring end.

Salam,

^^If I remember right, it has some Taliban 'bashing'. But the book's not really about that - it's more about the story.

Wassalam.

Edited by borbus

The story is about redemption of the main character (narrator).

Assalamu alaikum

My sister is reading it now, inshallah when she finishes it i will pick on it........so many ppl have said its the best they ever read, we'll see..looking forward to it inshallah

What makes this book so good is that it is a masterpiece of feelings. It's not easy to bring so many emotions into one novel and make it an outstanding story at that!

Anyway, I read A Thousand Splendid Suns a month or two ago. It wasn't as good as the Kite Runner, but it was alright.