Islamic Forum
Ahsan

Uk Teacher Suspended Over Veil

Heck, i've been condemned to hell because i Oppose 'Salafism'/Wahabism. :D Imagine that.. a group of muslims condemned me to hell because i do not agree with alot of views that their Sect holds..

How do they feel about female teachers generally, incidently?

PropellerAds

I'm surprised no-one has covered the latest news yet...

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/bradford/6066726.stm"]BBC News: 'No discrimination' in veil row[/url]

Salaams

When a headscarf statisfies requirement, I doubt if veils gets any backing from a religious angle. It's OD. The way I see it, It's reasonable to ask for no veil, had it been a headscraf Then the women had every right to refuse, I would back this up fo sho... but a veil? It can freak out some people out you know...so No support :D

How do they feel about female teachers generally, incidently?

How do i feel about female teachers?

I feel that we don't have enough Muslim Female Teachers.

The girl i am about to marry in 3 months time (Insha'Allah) is an English teacher.

So yeah, i have alot of respect for female teachers.

Guest amani

:D

while i have to give it to her that she is a nice sister i have to say that she took the job without previously informing the male teacher she saw that she would wear the veil.

the media have used her to keep the veil issue in top news. :D

Assalamualikum

I agree Aysha Azmi should have made her intentions clear, someone said that wearing a veil is a bit scary i dont think so there are far more scary things than a veil, if a woman feels the need to wear a veil she should feel free to do so and we must respect that. Her religion doesnt say she has to and it doesnt say she can't so Aysha Azmi may be should have removed it when teaching.

Assalamualikum

I think her dismissal was fair...I mean, in a muslim country for example..if a woman comes to an interview well dressed and then on the onset of working starts to wear a mini-skirt and refuses to change into a more accaptable appearance, she would probably be suspended too...So, in the UK, in my opinion, it's comparable. She did not wear the veil at the interview, and sunbsequently did...So in all fairness,the administration should also be allowed to change their decisions. Thats my opinion.

Edited by AbdAllah

How do i feel about female teachers?

I feel that we don't have enough Muslim Female Teachers.

The girl i am about to marry in 3 months time (Insha'Allah) is an English teacher.

So yeah, i have alot of respect for female teachers.

No, Wahabis, I meant. It's a bit of a deviation from the subject, but it occurred to me that if any of them saw this thread, they might question the notion of a woman teaching in the first place, veil or no veil.

So condemnation of you probably wouldn't be foremost in their minds :D

Edit: removed errant 'your' from last sentence (see SiR's post below). Sometimes when you rewrite a sentence, you don't quite catch every word...

Edited by Joker

No, Wahabis, I meant. It's a bit of a deviation from the subject, but it occurred to me that if any of them saw this thread, they might question the notion of a woman teaching in the first place, veil or no veil.

So your condemnation of you probably wouldn't be foremost in their minds :D

My apoligies, i just noticed that you said "They" and not "You" :D

I don't know how Wahabis view Female Teachers. :D

Guest amani

:D

please keep away from labelling fellow muslims 'Wahhabis'. Wahhab is a name exclusive to Allah :D ...

I feel that she should be allowed to wear her veil if other members of the community like Sikhs and Christians can wear their crosses and turbans.

I feel that she should be allowed to wear her veil if other members of the community like Sikhs and Christians can wear their crosses and turbans.

Would you agree to a blonde in a miniskirt and revealing shirt teaches muslim children in a Islamic school? (madrass)

Peace

The children in the school were saying that they had difficulty understanding her. The veil was muting her words and made it difficult for them to learn.

How would a cross or turban inhibit their learning?

It appears to me, from what I have seen of her, that she wears the veil when it is oppurtune for her, or when she feels like it, and not from religious conviction.

The children in the school were saying that they had difficulty understanding her. The veil was muting her words and made it difficult for them to learn.

Reports are confused. She seemed to say that she didn't wear the veil in class, but put it on only when a male teacher entered the room, but if the children had reason to complain they couldn't hear her...

Then again, some children can act up for the sake of disrupting class. We had pupils striking in a Forest of Dean school recently, because a boy had allegedly been excluded unfairly. According to locals, though, it seems he was a bit of a yob, and far from the cherub his mother painted him. She wasn't shy about talking to the media, while the school maintained it's commitment to confidentiality. So the kids probably just saw a chance to skip lessons.