Islamic Forum
_MoonLight_

Famous Converts

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of Allah (God Almighty) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

Listen to the holy Quran---the Final Testament

Recitation of Sura Fathiha by Shiekh Saad Al-Ghamdhi of Saudi Arabia

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamworld(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fathiha.au"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamworld(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fathiha.au[/url]

&&

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.thetruecall(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/home/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=181"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.thetruecall(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/home/modules.ph...cle&sid=181[/url]

An American in Macca

wolfe.jpg

"I did not want to 'trade in' my culture. I wanted access to new meanings." - How an American writer born of a Jewish father and a Christian mother found spiritual fulfillment in Islam.

Michael Wolfe is the author of books of poetry, fiction, travel, and history.

His most recent works are a pair of books from Grove Press on the pilgrimage to Mecca:

The Hadj (1993), a first-person travel account, and

One Thousand Roads to Mecca (1997), an anthology of 10 centuries of travelers writing about the Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca.

In April 1997, Michael hosted a televised account of the Hajj from Mecca for Ted Koppel's "Nightline" on ABC.

He was also a co-producer of Muhammad: Legacy of a Prophet, a four-hour television documentary on the life and times of the Prophet Muhammad

Edited by bluesky

PropellerAds

:D Q-Tip from A Tribe Called Quest

:D Q-Tip from A Tribe Called Quest

Salaam,

There are a lot of muslim rappers out there but most aren't as popular as Mos Def or Lupe Fiasco. Now there are a lot of rappers that are 5%ers or those that have studied Islam and incorporate that knowledge in their rhymes, but they aren't muslims while some may think they are.

Also I'd like to add that due to one of the songs on Ghostface's last album, I do believe he's converted to Islam now. Before, he was a 5%er.

Imperial1

:D

Don't forget very Famous Convert and highly intelligent (cough cough)William Quilliam...

William Abdullah or W. H. Quilliam (1851 – 1932) was a poet, solicitor, ambassador, Islamic scholar, journalist, and leader, who is particularly noted for founding England's first Masjid and Islamic centre. A convert from Christianity to Islam, Quilliam was influential in advancing Islam within the British Isles, gaining many converts through his literary work and the many charitable institutions he founded.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/William_Abdullah_Quilliam"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/William_Abdullah_Quilliam[/url]

P/S Anyone who converts/reverts to Islam is intelligent without a doubt! :D

:D

Here's a few more..

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/List_of_converts_to_Islam"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/List_of_converts_to_Islam[/url]

Still more...

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.salaam.co.uk/themeofthemonth/june02_index.php?l=6"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.salaam.co.uk/themeofthemonth/june02_index.php?l=6[/url]

the lists go on and on Alhamdulilah that WE are muslims and Allah made us see Alhamdulilahi Rabbil ala'meeeeen.

Edited by Tamarbutah

The famous ones i can think of are:

Dave Chappelle

Mike Tyson

(many people from Russia converted while in Afganistan)

Muhammad Ali

Omar Pasha

If you know anymore please say:D

Salaam Walaikum

Me Too in 1975

Walaikum Salaam

sister Aamina, how can we forget Mohammed Asad ,an Austrian Jew

converted to Islam,but also became an authority on Islam and Islamic culture.

His famous books are 1.The Road to Mecca

2.Islam At The Cross Roads.

3.The Message Of The Holy Quran

:sl:

Thank you shibly, how did I miss brother Muhammad Asad. Jazaak Allahu Khayr

He also wrote another good book:

This Law of Ours.

Me Too in 1975

Brother brooklyn36100

Alhamdulillah!

well, there is:

malcolm x