Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Habaa

Rudeness Of Muslims

I am just asking a question:

I have come across Muslims who are rude and polemic. Is it part of what Islam teaches?

PropellerAds

Yes, it's a basic tenet.... :D :D

Of course not!! What a silly question! :D

If your only goal with this post is to provoke, please make it less obvious.

I have come across Muslims who are rude and polemic. Is it part of what Islam teaches?

Greetings Letzebuerg...

If you give them the chance, the Muslims on this site will improve your image of Muslims and answer your questions about Islam. If that is your intention, any way.

Peace out...

JD

Your method of showing that muslims are not violent is quite questioning. The question might have offended you, but it is no reason to be sarcastic.

To Letzebuerg: Can one persons actions always be related to the masses? (regardless of which religion) You ask about Islam and rude muslims but have you not come across rude people of other religions as well...or does that not matter? You should think about what you ask...

Salaam

Well it is only normal that when a Muslim is rude it is Islam's fault and that when anyone else does anything wrong their religion isn't taken into account.

Lutz, I hope your stay here is fruitful and that we can help clear your misconceptions about Islam. If you have any questions about our beleifs don't hesitate to ask.

What did these Muslims do that is so rude? The Prophet (saws) is our example of how to act and how we should live and he was never rude to anyone, if he were rude it would drive people from accepting the reality of what Islam is.

Peace

Your method of showing that muslims are not violent is quite questioning. The question might have offended you, but it is no reason to be sarcastic.

No, I wasn't offended. I am not a muslim. I guess that made me feel freer to say whatever the heck I wanted to. :D No rational person would ask if being obnoxious is part the muslim religion! So I assumed he was intentionally trying to be provocative.

No, Islam does not teach to be rude to anyone. Kindness is part of our religion. Kindness is part of faith. See what the prophet had to say about this:

Sahih Bukhari:

Volume 3, Book 34, Number 335:

Narrated Ata bin Yasar:

I met Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'As and asked him, "Tell me about the description of Allah's Apostle which is mentioned in Torah (i.e. Old Testament.") He replied, 'Yes. By Allah, he is described in Torah with some of the qualities attributed to him in the Quran as follows:

"O Prophet ! We have sent you as a witness (for Allah's True religion) And a giver of glad tidings (to the faithful believers), And a warner (to the unbelievers) And guardian of the illiterates. You are My slave and My messenger (i.e. Apostle). I have named you "Al-Mutawakkil" (who depends upon Allah). You are neither discourteous, harsh Nor a noise-maker in the markets And you do not do evil to those Who do evil to you, but you deal With them with forgiveness and kindness. Allah will not let him (the Prophet) Die till he makes straight the crooked people by making them say: "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah," With which will be opened blind eyes And deaf ears and enveloped hearts."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 9:

Narrated Asma' bint Abu Bakr:

My mother came to me, hoping (for my favor) during the lifetime of the Prophet asked the Prophet, "May I treat her kindly?" He replied, "Yes." Ibn 'Uyaina said, "Then Allah revealed: 'Allah forbids you not with regards to those who fought not against you because of religion, and drove you not out from your homes, that you should show them kindness and deal justly with them.'.......(60.8)

Sahih Muslim:

Book 001, Number 0075:

It is reported on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed: He who believes in Allah and the Last Day should either utter good words or better keep silence; and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day should treat his neighbour with kindness and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day should show hospitality to his guest.

Book 005, Number 2195:

Asma' bint Abu Bakr reported: My mother who was a polytheist came to me when he (the Holy Prophet) entered into treaty with, the Quraish (of Mecca). I inquired from the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) saying: Messenger of Allah, there has come to me my mother and she is inclined; should I (in this state of her mind) show her kindness? He said: Yes, treat her kindly.

Hope this information is beneficial

Sarcasm is the only way to deal with stupidty! :D

:D

:D Yes

Is it part of what Islam teaches?

No it isn't.

Here are some ahadith and Quranic verses to prove this:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr: "The Prophet never used bad language neither a 'Fahish nor a Mutafahish. He used to say 'The best amongst you are those who have the best manners and character.' ( Sahih Bukhari, Virtues and Merits of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and his Companions, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 759)"

Narrated Jarir bin 'Abdullah: "Allah's Apostle said, 'Allah will not be merciful to those who are not merciful to mankind.' (Sahih Bukhari, ONENESS, UNIQUENESS OF Allah (TAWHEED), Volume 9, Book 93, Number 473)"

‘Uqbah bin ‘Aamir narrated that the Messenger of Allaah said, “O ‘Uqbah! Shall I not tell you of the best of the conduct of this world and the Hereafter? It is to join the tie of kinship with one who severs it, to give him who deprives you and to forgive him who does wrong to you.” (Ahmad and Al-Haakim)

"Hold to forgiveness; command what is right; but turn away from the ignorant. (The Noble Quran, 7:199)"

"Allah loveth not that evil should be noised a broad in public speech, except where injustice hath been done; for Allah is He Who heareth and knoweth all things. (The Noble Quran, 4:148)"

"And when they hear vain talk, they turn away therefrom and say: 'To us our deeds, and to you yours; peace be to you: we seek not the ignorant.' (The Noble Quran, 28:55)"

"Nor walk on the earth with insolence: for thou can not rend the earth asunder, nor reach the mountains in height."Noble Verse 17:37

"And swell not thy cheek (for pride) at men, nor walk in insolence through the earth; for God loveth not any arrogant boaster. (The Noble Quran, 31:18)"

"O ye who believe! Let not some men among you laugh at others: It may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): Nor let some women laugh at others: It may be that the (latter are better than the (former): Nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: Ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness, (to be used of one) after he has believed: And those who do not desist are (indeed) doing wrong. (The Noble Quran, 49:11)"

“And do good. Truly, Allaah loves the good-doers.” (Al-Baqarah 2:195)

“Indeed, Allaah orders and good conduct.” (An-Nahl 16:90)

“Worship Allaah and join none with Him in worship; and do good to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, the poor, the neighbour who is near of kin, the neighbour who is a stranger, the companion by your side, the wayfarer (you meet), and those (slaves) whom your right hands possess. Verily, Allaah does not like such as are proud and boastful.” (An-Nisaa 4:36)

“And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allaah) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness.” (Al-Furqaan 25:63)

“And march forth in the way (which leads to) forgiveness from your Lord, and for Paradise as wide as the heavens and the earth, prepared for the pious; those who spend (in Allaah's Cause) in prosperity and in adversity, who repress anger, and who pardon men; verily, Allaah loves the good-doers.” (Al ‘Imraan 3:133-134)

Salam/Peace/Hello

jazakallah khair sis mehnaz :D

Islam teaches us that we must be calm and peaceful- anger is the tool of the devil.

The Noble Qur'an 3:159

And by the Mercy of Allah, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh-hearted, they would have broken away from about you; so pass over (their faults), and ask (Allah's) Forgiveness for them; and consult them in the affair. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him).

Well, the implication that you know the truth and the rest of us don't and are hellbound is an ideology paraded around by your religion is very rude and ignorant. This can't be helped now can it?

Well, the implication that you know the truth and the rest of us don't and are hellbound is an ideology paraded around by your religion is very rude and ignorant. This can't be helped now can it?

For your sake, I hope you Just didn't call my religion rude and ignorant!!!

I think he was saying that the people are rude and ignorant to be professing to have the absolute truth and to tell people they are going to hell. It is the attitude of the followers and not the religion. For example, I detest those America Evangelical Baptisty types who claim to have a monoploy on truth and as such refuse rights to Gay people and argue against abortion on purely religious grounds.

Oh no you didn't!! *snap* *snap*

That's a really good question! May God bless you that you have the ability to think. :D But I have a better question:

All the westerners' I meet seem to ask stupid questions, do they lack brain cells?

May God bless you a thousand times over :D

Anyways, Let me enlighten you with a story :D

There was a debate which took place in India several years ago. The debate that was held was betweeen two scholars; a Christian and a Muslim, debating which was the right religion. So nearin g the end of the debate the Christian scholar asked:

"If Islam's such a true religion, why didn't your God save your Prophet Muhammed?"

So the Islamic scholar thought about it. How should he answer this question? After few moments of pause, he replied:

"How could God have saved a Prophet, when he could not save his own son?"

:D Lmfaoooooo :D Hope that teaches you something Lutz :D And despite weather you were trying to be rude or not, I wasn't...just trying to teach ya something :D

I think it was clear(at least to me)

that he was referring to you not to Islam.

I think one of the tools that makes a good moderator is to not try and find something to be offended from whenever possible and to remain neutral on all issues.

Do we really need to tell you that what you said is out of line 3dshocker?

I hope you rethink it and edit your post...

If you want to learn about Islam, great, we will by all means help you, but do not be hostile towards us and say that which you know is going to offend us, you are just trying to stir up trouble... I hope a mod sees this.

Peace brothers and sisters.

well, if you want for me to break it down, the "implication" is the rude part, the "ideology" is the ignorant part ~ we cool?

It's not like you'll never know the truth while we do, what's the purpose of this forum?- questions are asked here and the truth is shared between everyone hence it doesn't make my religion rude or ignorant.

Letzebuerg,please don't be narrow minded and judge a whole tree based on a few bad apples.

Just because a few people are bad doesn't mean the whole religion is bad does it?

3dshocker,Yeah your right it can't be helped,especially when you have a firm negative image in your mind,try thinking from a positive angle and watch how much difference it makes!

3dshocker,as for the rest of us knowing the truth,well first its good you know that what we believe is the truth. :D

Secondly,there is something called initative,if you didn't know,I'm sure reading up on Islam first and then making a strong statement rather then the other way round would be more help to you

And on that brilliant note, this thread should be closed.