Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nile_Salafy

The American Way

I keep hearing and reading about things like that......Now I think its a very normal thing in the US that Priests ( religouse ppl ) are involved in such acts

Its such a sick thing to have...!!!!!

And yet they dont like how hijab and beard looks like ??? like how are they are against niqaab in UK

So they are more concerned with how ppl look rather than how they act

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.yahoo(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/s/ap/20061020/ap_on_go_co/congressman_e_mails"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.yahoo(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/s/ap/20061020/ap_on_...ressman_e_mails[/url]

PropellerAds

Actually, I agree with you, Nile. But as to the specific case you cited, remember that this man was disgraced by sending e-mails to teenage boys which were "innapropriate" at best. Now that the preist is denying it, it is entirely possible that Foley though he would be a convenient scapegoat.

Now I think its a very normal thing in the US that Priests ( religouse ppl ) are involved in such acts

It happens way too often, but that is a long way from saying it is normal. That would be like someone saying that it is normal for Muslims to be involved with terrorism.

Sometimes Jesus alone isn't enough to get through life. :D

Not that I empathize or anything :D

peace

:D

Well, I think the title of the topic is a little unfair. Molestation and abuse of power is hardly unique to the USA. Let's bear in mind that a number of muslim clerics have been found to abuse children as well. There could well be a topic on terrorism titled. 'The Islamic way' and that wouldn't be fair either would it? However, I do think that the doctrine of celibacy does contribute to this problem. If natural sexual urges are denied they tend to manifest in deviant ways. Also, it is common for people in positions of power to take sexual advantage of people thatare under them. The difference here is that the sexual relations were of a homosexual nature and the age of the people involved was a factor. Otherwise there really isn't anything new here. On another note, what is the doctrinal basis for celibacy? Is it just a catholic thing or more widespread?

Peace,

Largely just Catholics I believe. Perhaps slightly off topic but when homosexuality wasn't kosher a lot of homosexuals joined the Church as priests as an excuse for not getting married. Whether that has any bearing on what ends up happening to children or not I can't comment.

Peace,

Largely just Catholics I believe. Perhaps slightly off topic but when homosexuality wasn't kosher a lot of homosexuals joined the Church as priests as an excuse for not getting married.

That IS interesting

The practice is mainly Catholic and goes back to the days of primogeniture. The church started forbidding sex so that their bishops, priests, etc. would not leave their lands to their children but to the church.

Or at least I remember reading that somewhere.

The practice is mainly Catholic and goes back to the days of primogeniture.

incorrect

and to the thread creator:

errr

you do realize that the priest wasn't from america?

he was from an arab nation that opposes the war on iraq.

I don't know why you posted the way you did, but it seems your post is just aimed at creating hate towards america.

(making threads just to create hate to other places when it's common knowledge what you're saying isnt true only drives away people that arnt fanatics from a forum, maybe you're trolling)

imagine a chinese budda went around molesting people and it was

blamed on an iran mullah or something

that would be kind of dumb wouldnt it?

not only could we blame it on a mullah

we could also do what you just did and accuse every single arab in the world of doing it by calling it "the arab way"

thats even dumber and more unfair isnt it?

However if I created such a thread and made such a claim i'm sure the thread wouldn't stay like this one does.

Also, I was wondering if this is allowed under Islam.

you have to remove the spaces to see it

I don't think it would be allowed in other places but lots of people are holding pictures of him so I guess hes famous or something

Welcome! New members can't post links untill they have amassed at least 50 posts. Here is your link:

A kiss is not a sexual thing on it's own. In fact, I find this picture touching rather than disturbing. Based on the picture alone, your not making a valid point.

As for spreading anti-american sentiment, if your going to continue reading this forum, you'd better get used to it. I've learned that fighting all of the rhetoric is emotionally draining and not worth the energy. I wouldn't worry about this topic, though. The precedent for blatant anti-americanism has already been set:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=31285"]I luvez ma gun....[/url]

P.S: If you claim something is incorrect, please tell us why.

link removed

You do not have the right to provide outside links for newbies.

Edited by ~mehnaz~

The precedent for blatant anti-americanism has already been set

but an anti-islamic thread wouldn't stay, so why does this one.

There are muslims in USA too, not only the religion that certain posters feel they need to attack for whatever reason.

All it does is offend a large amount of the worlds population, and is a complete lie because the priest wasn't even from america.

Which degrades the quality of this forum along with biased moderating.

I did a little digging and everything seems to confirm my original post for the most part.

A further and very important factor in the push to require celibacy for clergy was the problematic relationship the Roman Catholic Church had with real estate and inherited land. Priests and bishops were not just religious leaders: they also had political power over the people. When they controlled land, which was at the time the basis for any political power, that land could either go to the church or to the man's heirs when he died.

Naturally the church wanted to keep it and retain political power itself; the best way to do that was to ensure that there weren't any rival claimants on the land, and keeping the clergy celibate and unmarried was the easiest way to accomplish this goal. Making celibacy a religious obligation was also the best way to make sure that the clergy obeyed.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_atheism.about(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/od/romancatholicism/a/celibacy_2.htm"]Source[/url]

I also found this interesting, written by a Catholic Priest:

Celibacy is a discipline, not a dogma. This means that the Church could change the rule. In fact, there are a few instances when the Church has allowed married clergy, such as with some Eastern rite clergy and in the case of some Protestant ministers who converted to the Faith. These, however, are the exception.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.catholiceducation(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/apologetics/ap0121.html"]Source[/url]

Naturally the church wanted to keep it and retain political power itself; the best way to do that was to ensure that there weren't any rival claimants on the land, and keeping the clergy celibate and unmarried was the easiest way to accomplish this goal. Making celibacy a religious obligation was also the best way to make sure that the clergy obeyed.

Sick Sick Sick. Because of these people's greed, hundreds of thousands of catholic priests have been denied one of the most vital of human rights, to marry and start a family.

Peace

Sick Sick Sick. Because of these people's greed, hundreds of thousands of catholic priests have been denied one of the most vital of human rights, to marry and start a family.

Does it make you wonder why so many atheists from the West despise religion?