In the eyes of Islam...  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Is evolution correct?

• Yes, science is right
    • No
  2. 2. Did the Big Bang occur?

• Yes, science is right
    • No
  3. 3. Did the earth take millions of years to completely form; which occurred about 9 billion years after the big bang?

• Yes, science is right
    • No

PropellerAds

:D

Islam explains science in all of these matters.

Allah has stated in the Qu'ran that the universe began with an "explosion." This references the big bang.

He has also said he created the earth in 6 days or "time periods." The length of these days is unkown to us. Each "day" may be 1 billion years of our time for all we know. Allah knows best, but he has stated that it took HIM 6 periods of time to create the universe and everything in it. A time period with Allah is unknown.

Again, Islam supports science not only in this matter, but in all matters.

Peace

What's with the 'science is right' and 'No' option only?

Peace

The evolution theory is not a science, but philosophy and hypothethese. The scientists do not know if the evolution theory is correct or humbug.

The evolution theory is not a science, but philosophy and hypothethese. The scientists do not know if the evolution theory is correct or humbug.

Evolution is actually a quite sound theory.

What is conjectuer is how life began, scientist still dont know how life began (there are theories, but nothing concrete)

we also dont knwo how/ why fishes decided to leave water and move to land, and the list goes on.

Evolution can actually be proven by taking two populations of a the same species and isolating them for a long enough time and eventually they will become 2 diffrent species.

However this in no way sape for form discreadits God.

I voted yes to all three. Because Quran hints on these things. I believe science discovered it 1400 years later.

That clearly shows how little you know on the subject of evolution.

What's with the 'science is right' and 'No' option only?

What's the problem?..

What would you have added to the "no" option?..

I wanted to make it clear that those were what science says is correct.

Obviously, the "no" options would imply that science is wrong, so there was no need to put that; also, a "no" option doesn't necessarily mean that Islam is right (for those who are creationists etc).

I voted Yes on all 3, I believe in the Big Bang (100% sure) , Evolution (99% sure) and the Earth took billions of years to form (100% sure of it)

Peace

Assalamu Alaikum, This Topic is discussed in detail in another Section, I think it is a better idea to continue the discussion or read about it there.

Here is the link:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=284"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=284[/url]

Assalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

Peace

I voted "NO" Each

Thnx

(Speaking as a philosopher of science) You're correct in saying that evolution is not a sound scientific theory.

An example of a good scientific theory would be the theory of gravity. Give me a set of smooth inclined planes and balls of different weights, and I can predict how long each will take to travel a certain distance. But then we take this theory and use it to predict(and hopefully understand) how the solar system will change(movements of planets). But this theory isn't as sound, because we can't put a lot of planets in different positions and see/predict how they move. We can't set up an experiment.

The evolutionary theory is similar. Evolution takes a long time for changes to occur, so we can't set it up and watch it happen. The best we can do is observe species that change very quickly(fruit flies, bacteria) in different situations, but we still can't predict anything, but it does prove that species change over time. Evolution is just the best explanation(or set of eplanations) for the evidence we see...its not as sound as gravitational theory, not by a long shot.

~RN

These arguments that TBW sets up are greatly entertaining, but serve no other purpose. There are a great number of mysteries that will not be solved in our lifetime, if ever. Such things as evolution etc...

We also run into problems when we try to prove/disprove science with religion or vice-versa. While these two things are not mutually exclusive, we have a limited understanding of many aspects of both. Just because you believe in some form of evolution, doesn't mean you can't be a Muslim as well.

I think of the Qu'ran as a guide book for our lives. It outlines all the things we should(nt) be doing. One thing I don't think it does is explain in great detail the geologic history of our world. That is just not its purpose. It was not revealed to explain scientific mysteries.

Guest amani

Topic closed as it is against the forum rules to discuss other religions or lack of