Islamic Forum

Assalamu alaikum

My sincere greetings to everyone on this board. I am a 20 year old girl, from India, born in a Hindu family.

I believed in God all my life, but couldn't bring myself to follow the Hindu religion. Slowly, in the face of the pleasures of everyday life, that belief too had begun to fade. It was the loss of my dear father that made me aware of the spiritual void I was living in. The past two years I spent exploring different faiths.

I regret to say that Islam was the last religion I read about. I had always thought that Islam was the religion of the terrorists and women-oppressors. How wrong I was! I really couldn't believe that I actually was so mistaken about Islam. As I read the Holy Quran (translation) and browsed Islamic articles I went straight from being an Islamophobist to a Muslim.

But there are many problems. As I mentioned, my family is Hindu. My mother is very close to me, but she would really get mad if she knew I was even interested in Islam. There are certain people here who might physically harm me. And as I am still in college (and the fees are exorbitant) I don't have the financial support to fall back on.

I have said my shahadah (though not in front of two witness) with full conviction. I am learning to pray from some internet sites and am having a lot of difficulty since I donot know arabic. I have learnt the Surah Al Fatiha by heart ... it was a surreal experience. But I donot know anything else in Arabic.

Though I wanted with all my heart to fast this Ramadan, I couldn't. I couldn't think of an excuse to skip the family meals.

I just can't confront my family with the fact that I am a Muslim. And I don't know how I can go on living as a Hindu. And I also want to approach my mother with Islam. But she always insults Islam and Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). I try not to get angry and tell myself that she doesn't know about Islam ... but how can I explain the Islamic concept of One God when she is saying that all Islam contributed to the world was violence? I am afraid for her afterlife cause she is a good woman otherwise. The media and her radical Hindu upbringing might be the cause of her antiMuslim stand.

I feel very confused about the future sometimes.

But though these problems are quite serious the peace and happiness I have gained outweigh them. I feel that I am not the same person I was half a year ago. It seems like I have finally made peace with myself and Allah (Subhana wa tala). I used to hate people of other races and countries. I used to think that they were somehow inferior to us. I feel so ashamed when I think of it. Today my eyes fill with tears when I think of the suffering in Africa, Palestine, Kashmir ... the list doesn't end does it?

I don't know how this change happened. I can no longer identify myself with the diary entries I made last year. I had a lot of hatred in my heart ... after learning about Islam it is slowly being replaced by hope and love.

Inshallah one day things will work out. I pray that I have the strength to face the future.

Thank you for your time.

PropellerAds

in the name of allaah, the most merciful, the bestower of mercy; may the peace and blessings be upon muhammad, his family, his companions and all of those who follow him in righteousness until the last day.

as to what proceeds:

i have read what you wrote, walhamdulillaah. the advice that i have is this:

you're learning how to pray, and you've uttered the shahadah, that is sufficient with regards to witnesses, beceause you do not need witnesses. allaah, the most high is sufficient as a witness, as he knows what is on the heart, and he is the judge, in truth. practice the sunnah, as well. learn it, implement it, continue to be kind to your mother, but do not obey her in that which is in disobedience to allaah (i.e. worshipping others besides allaah: shirk). may allaah protect you from shirk.

also, i have mentioned the prayer above, about you learning it; however, what i wanted to add is for you to ask allaah in your prostration and the last third of the night to open your mother's heart to the truth of islaam, and remove her hatred for the prophet and what she was taught about islaam. ask allaah to guide her, in your prostration, is one of the times when a slave (you, me, general mass, etc.) is closest to his lord, as the prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) stated in an authentic narration. also, allaah descends to the lowest heaven—his descension is unknown, and we believe and accept what the prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said without explaining or making comparison of allaah's descension to that of his creation. nevertheless, these are the best times to ask allaah to guide your mother's heart so that you can be more at peace and ease, in shaa allaah.

may allaah make it easy for you; may he, the most high, bless you with the ability to worship him and him alone upon clear insight and without having the fear of people hating you.

thank allaah for the guidance and your sins were forgiven when you became muslim. so you have nothing to worry about with regards to what you did before you uttered the shahadatain. and allaah knows best.

walhamdulillaahi rabbil 'aalameen.

anything that i said that was incorrect is from shaytaan and the evil of myself; and anything that i said that was correct is from allaah.

My sister from India, may Allah give you strength in your faith. There alot of things to learn and im sure you can make it.

remember to pray for your mother , Allah will listen to you and might give you what you ask for. this remind me of abu huraira:

" Abu Huraira lived with his mother who was still a Mushrik. He prayed for her and tried hard to convince her to join Islam, but she adamantly refused. One day when he was telling her about Islaam she uttered some words about the Prophet which saddened Abu Huraira greatly. He went to the Prophet, his eyes full of tears and told him about what had happened between him and his mother. He also asked the Prophet to make supplication to Allaah for her to make her heart respond to Islaam. The Prophet responded to Abu Huraira's request and prayed for his mother. When Abu Huraira returned home he was delighted to hear his mother, who had just taken a shower, testifying that there is no god but Allaah and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Messenger. So he rushed back to the Prophet with his eyes glowing with joy, and informed him that Allaah had answered his prayers, and guided his mother to Islaam. He then said: "O Allaah's Messenger, Ask Allaah to make me and my mother lovable to the believing men and women". So he said: "O Allaah, make this servant of yours and his mother lovable to every believing man and woman".

My sister from India, may Allah give you strength in your faith. There alot of things to learn and im sure you can make it.

remember to pray for your mother , Allah will listen to you and might give you what you ask for. this remind me of abu huraira:

" Abu Huraira lived with his mother who was still a Mushrik. He prayed for her and tried hard to convince her to join Islam, but she adamantly refused. One day when he was telling her about Islaam she uttered some words about the Prophet which saddened Abu Huraira greatly. He went to the Prophet, his eyes full of tears and told him about what had happened between him and his mother. He also asked the Prophet to make supplication to Allaah for her to make her heart respond to Islaam. The Prophet responded to Abu Huraira's request and prayed for his mother. When Abu Huraira returned home he was delighted to hear his mother, who had just taken a shower, testifying that there is no god but Allaah and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Messenger. So he rushed back to the Prophet with his eyes glowing with joy, and informed him that Allaah had answered his prayers, and guided his mother to Islaam. He then said: "O Allaah's Messenger, Ask Allaah to make me and my mother lovable to the believing men and women". So he said: "O Allaah, make this servant of yours and his mother lovable to every believing man and woman".

baarik allaahu feeka yaa naser for the reminder of this narration. now that's what i call putting things in its proper place. may allaah reward you well. aameen, walhamdulillaah.

As salamu alaykum,

mashallah dear sister, i am right beside you! May Allah help you in your deeds inshallah

your sister from Turkey :D

Thank you dear brothers and sisters for your supportive posts. Your concern and kindness has touched me deeply.

Today Eid is being celebrated in most parts of India. So Eid Mubarak to everyone on these boards.

I have a few questions regarding the replies I got. What is the duration of the last third of the night? Is it the hours before dawn? Inshallah, I will do my best in trying to show my mother the correct picture of Islam and pray that she embraces the true religion. The story of Abu Huraira is very beautiful and has made me hopeful about the future. Thanks for posting it.

Also I have some questions on Islam. Will post them in the Beginners Section.

Take care.

Thank you dear brothers and sisters for your supportive posts. Your concern and kindness has touched me deeply.

Today Eid is being celebrated in most parts of India. So Eid Mubarak to everyone on these boards.

I have a few questions regarding the replies I got. What is the duration of the last third of the night? Is it the hours before dawn? Inshallah, I will do my best in trying to show my mother the correct picture of Islam and pray that she embraces the true religion. The story of Abu Huraira is very beautiful and has made me hopeful about the future. Thanks for posting it.

Also I have some questions on Islam. Will post them in the Beginners Section.

Take care.

in the name of allaah, the most merciful, the bestower of mercy;

according to learning/learned men, i was told to calculate: from when the sun sets till whatever time fajr (beginning prayer of the day) comes in, three hours back from that time. so, for example: the sun sets at circa 6:00p.m., and fajr comes in about 6:30 a.m.. so the last third of the night would be approxiamately 3:00 a.m. in the morning. maa shaa allaah. and allaah, the most high knows best. walhamdulillaahi rabbil 'aalameen.

Asalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakathu

Firstly sister, welcome to Islam, mashAllah, Alhamdulillah, Allahu Akbar!

Please do ask any questions and inshAllah we'll answer them for you sister, and i hope we can create a firm sisterhood between ourselves, remember i'm always here :D

Please read the following sister:

The Prophet of Islam, Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are three things, whoever attains them will find the sweetness of faith: when Allaah and His Messenger are more beloved to him than everything else; when he loves another person he loves him only for the sake of Allaah; and when he hates to return to Kufr as he would hate to be thrown into the fire.†(Reported by al-Bukhaari in his Saheeh, no. 15).

This means that love for Allaah must come before love for one’s parents and any other created being. If there is a conflict between pleasing Allaah and pleasing your parents, then pleasing Allaah must take precedence. In your situation, as you have described it, we advise you to do the following with regard to your parents:

Address them in the best of terms and treat them in the best manner

If they insist that you follow kufr, then conceal your Islam if you fear that you are not able to confront them openly, and pray where they cannot see you

Do not think at all that there is any burden or sin on you if they get angry with you for becoming a Muslim. Remember that when a person pleases Allaah even though it makes people angry, Allaah will be pleased with him and will make the people pleased with him.

Keep on praying for them to be guided and call them to Islam with wisdom and beautiful preaching. Maybe Allaah will guide them through you.

May Allah the Exalted make it easy for you. Ameen

Asalaam Alaikum sister

your story really touched me alot, it filled my eyes with tears. You know i can help you and i want to but you probably think "how can a girl who lives in australia help me?" or think "no i dont think anyone can help" then try me plz, talk to me and ill talk to you through email you can contact me on its_me_man_187[at]hotmail#####

hope to hear from you sister Inshallah,

asalaam alaikum

:D

Allahuakbar, Mashallah you have come to the truth, i really like seeing people come to the truth with their whole heart and faith.

:D

Assalamu alaykum

Thank you for your support. It strengthens my determination to overcome the odds.

Yes, I am having a little trouble with my family members over issues like going to the temple etc. I refuse to go and my mother got angry. Though I haven't told her about my conversion, I guess she suspects that I offer the prayer. She has increased insulting Islam and says horrible things about those who convert.

I don't think my mother would seriously harm me (ie. physically) but I have some relatives who might. So I think it would be best if I did not disclose it to anyone.

Will pray for strength and that my mother realises the truth in Islam.

My poem: failure is the key to success: this poem i made from my heart because its mainly about not losing hope and believing that when you really want something INSHALLAH you will get it no matter how impossible it seems INSHALLAH INSHALLAH INSHALLAH YOU WILL GET IT unless its something bad your asking for, and its also about going through a hard time and no matter how hard it is on you to be thankfull always because even if you really did have nothing at all in this world, you have the most important wich is Allah Subhanah Wa Tallah,

this poem is made by me while experiencing a hard time still am sort of but being strong about things.

anonimous afghan.

Lately Allah (most gracious, most merciful) has forwarded difficulties to me

I’ve been dealing and trying hard to cope with problems repeatedly

I prey, A’amal, dua & beseech my hajaat most desperately and extremely

However it is still not being answered or fulfilled

Although no matter how long it’s taking I will still wait with patience and persevere until the response Insha-Allah

But it always brings me to thank Almighty Allah

For what I do have Masha Allah

There are definitely Muslims out there who are experiencing more

Makes me think about those Muslims who have no friends or even a family to adore

Those Muslims who have no food to eat & those who are poor

I take into consideration the fact that there are Muslims going through something more awful

The thought that there are Muslims with a problem more dreadful

Or going through a horrible phase, feeling or stage that is more terrible

There are people out there that don’t even want to be alive

Who go through & experience a hard time then don’t survive

These are the thoughts that make me feel grateful

At the end of the day I feel like the lucky individual

I then thank the Mightiest Mighty Allah for each bit of my life

Despite the fact that I myself am experiencing a hard time

MAY BE I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF IT BUT WHAT I ASK FOR IS HARMFUL

MAY BE Allah HAS KEPT IN STORE MUCH MORE MAGNIFICENT THING FOR FUTURE THAN THAT I ASK FOR

OR Allah KNOWS BEST WHAT IS GOOD OR BAD FOR US

IT IS MENTIONED IN SOME HADEES THAT WE SHOULD NOT STOP ASKING FOR OUR DEMANDS FROM Allah EVEN IF WE SEE THAT IT IS NOT FULFILLED, BECAUSE FOR EVERY UNFULFILLED HAJAAT THERE IS A SURPRISE GIFT FOR US IN THE NEXT WORLD, THE GIFT WHICH IS SO MARVERLOUS & INDESCRIBABLE THAT WHEN IT WILL BE GIVEN TO US THERE WE WILL WISH THAT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY GOOD IF ALL OUR HAAJAAT IN THE WORLD WERE NOT ANSWERED

and just a little bit of my own advice and from what my heart naturally understands:

Allah is The Trustee-Al Wakil: so have trust in what ever situation unexpectedly approaches you or what ever Allah swt makes happen in your life, whatever difficulty it might be have trust in Allah and Allah is The Protecter-Al Muhaymin

Allah is The Patient-As Sabur: So have Patience for it is a big part of success (people mostly go wrong when they lose faith and give up, so no matter how long something takes persevere with patience, its one of the most important key aspects that leads to success) Allah swt is with those who have patience and He is The All Hearing-As Sami and hears all who calls unto Him.

Allah is The Guardian of Faith-Al Mu’min: So dont lose faith, be strong, feel special when your experiencing a hard time because a lot of times it may seem to you that you’ve lost whatever it might be but in reality its for the better for you and you have no knowledge of it, for Allah is The All Knowing-Al Alim, and Knows best about everything.

Allah is The Most Great-Al Kabir: so don’t ever think that something is not possible, For Allah swt can make anything happen (nothing is hard for Allah swt) just as Allah swt creates hard times he also is able to undo because Allah is The Able-Al Qadir and The Powerful-Al Muktadir

Allah is The Source of Peace-As Salaam The Responsive-Al Mujib The Honourer- Al Muizz The Aware-Al Khabir The Loving-Al Wadud

LOVE YOU ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS

take it easy and i hope my poem has kind of helped even to those who are having troubles in with family when they have converted.

to my indian sister if i was in you situation as hard and as impossible it may seem to ever try and convince your mum about Islam i would tell her that i have converted. it would probably start off with going through very hard time but however i will persevere because Allah swt is with me (and the thing is that most times when people are too afriad to do somehting coz they think its too hard for this to be possible they dont think that For Allah nothing is hard and this is reality with any situation as hard as something might seem in reality it isnt, you should think of all the maraculous possiblities because most situations inshallah it becomes true). back to what i was saying is that even though at first u tell your mum be strong dont worry how hard its going to be on you because maybe you converting will be the cause that results in your mum converting (did you ever think of it that way?), yer probably first month she'll be very angry upset and hatefull but maybe maraculously that is what makes her come to realise that "wait a minute y did my daughter convert? maybe i should look into it" maybe like ur the cause to make ur mum convert, because with any situation at first the affected person goes through many phases like phase number 1: person is very shocked, angry, stressed, hateful, 2nd phase: gets used to it, 3rd phase: comes to accept and loves you anyway 4th phase: starts to actually think themselves about converting, or wotever situation it might be. this can all take up from 3 month or even a week to 3 years or more but the point is most important keys to success and fullfilment of desire: have patience no matter what, persevere, and TRUST IN Allah SWT. ALLAHO AKBAR ALHAMDOLILLAH SUBHANALLAH.

anyway im probably not making sence.

ASALAAM ALAIKUM BROTHERS AND SISTERS