108 members have voted

1. 1. The Best Age to Marry?

• 18 - 25
    • 25 - 30
    • 30 - 35

IMO, 16-18.

PropellerAds

IMO, 16-18.

Would that work well for someone in America or Europe where the educational process (and subsequent employment opportunities) was incomplete? I myself got married before graduating college, and while I love my family and wife, I would not recommend this to my children. It has been a source of much difficulty for me.

My sister in law got married at the age of sixteen or seventeen while a childhood friend of mine's got married in her early teens like fourteen or so.

In my case I was married Alhamdulillah at the age of nineteen to my cousin who is ten times older than me.

I believe that it's encouraged for Muslims to marry at a young age. Allah knows best.

• Like 1

My sister in law got married at the age of sixteen or seventeen while a childhood friend of mine's got married in her early teens like fourteen or so.

In my case I was married Alhamdulillah at the age of nineteen to my cousin who is ten times older than me.

I believe that it's encouraged for Muslims to marry at a young age. Allah knows best.

excuse... ten years or so older than me.

wasalaam :)

^ Thanks for the clarification. I was like..... :-?

Edited by Saracen21stC

I think its should be 18-25

Allah knows best.

Even fourteen and seventeen year olds can get married. Masha-Allah there are a lot of young Muslim married couples out there.

It's incredibly strange how some ignorant non-Muslims think that it's 'weird' for some fourteen year old Muslims to become young husbands and wives and start their own families, while they assume that it's perfectly okay for younger teens, maybe even preteens, to walk around dating and jumping from one boyfriend or girlfriend to another. It's very foolish, I say.

• Like 1

Assalamualaikum,

Honestly I will choose between 25-30 because 18 is still too young for me. But well...each person will have different opinion about it

Wassalam