Islamic Forum
Ahsan

3 Ways To ..lose Weight (easily!)

1 EAT AT SET TIMES

Recent research from Nottingham University suggests that people who eat erratically take in on average 120 extra calories - and burn them slower - than those who stick to set meal times.

2 SPEND LONGER IN BED

Believe it or not, scrimping on sleep can increase your risk of obesity, according to research by US scientists. They found that people who regularly get less than four hours a night are 73 per cent more likely to be obese than those who sleep for six hours plus. It's all down to the effect on levels of leptin, a hormone that regulates appetite.

3 HAVE A BIG BREAKFAST

Research says that breakfast skippers tend to be heavier than breakfast eaters. The theory is that eating a decent breakfast fills you up so you're less likely to succumb to fatty, sugary snacks throughout the day. It also kickstarts your body's calorie-burning process.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.mirror.co.uk/yourlife/health/tm_headline=3-ways-to-%2D%2Dlose-weight-%2Deasily%2D%2D%26method=full%26objectid=17981609%26siteid=94762-name_page.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.mirror.co.uk/yourlife/health/tm...-name_page.html[/url]

PropellerAds

:D

Hmmm interesting,especially "SPEND LONGER IN BED". :D

I would say doing exercise is another excellent way to lose weight also.

:D

Assalam Alaikum

Mashah Allah.. Nice thread.. very informative..

Hahah.. Even I liked the Sleeping part here.. lols

Jazaak Allah Khair

Salaam,

Even I like the sleeping part :D

Well I guess now a days masha Allah we ill our stomachs to the max :D but of course we should be doing what the prophet Muhammad (saw) did when he said:

“The son of Adam does not fill any vessel worse than his stomach. It is sufficient for the son of Adam to eat a few mouthfuls, to keep him going. If he must do that (fill his stomach), then let him fill one third with food, one third with drink and one third with air.†Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (1381), Ibn Maajah (3349); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah (2265).

Oh dear :D no wonder some of us are getting bigger!

No worries though! insha Allah eat your greens, less fat and sugary carbs, leaner meats and oily fish, plenty of excersise and drink lots of water and we should see results :D

Wsalaam

As Salam o Alaikum

1 EAT AT SET TIMES

Recent research from Nottingham University suggests that people who eat erratically take in on average 120 extra calories - and burn them slower - than those who stick to set meal times.

Also, do not drink water right after your meals. If you can, drink half an hour before the meals.

2 SPEND LONGER IN BED

Believe it or not, scrimping on sleep can increase your risk of obesity, according to research by US scientists. They found that people who regularly get less than four hours a night are 73 per cent more likely to be obese than those who sleep for six hours plus. It's all down to the effect on levels of leptin, a hormone that regulates appetite.

How about sleeping on time?

3 HAVE A BIG BREAKFAST

Research says that breakfast skippers tend to be heavier than breakfast eaters. The theory is that eating a decent breakfast fills you up so you're less likely to succumb to fatty, sugary snacks throughout the day. It also kickstarts your body's calorie-burning process.

o_0 an apple would suffice I guess..

Thank you or sharing, Jazak Allah khair Ahsan =)

Wa Alaikum As Salam

"SPEND LONGER IN BED"

wow wish we had 5 days weekend and 2 days work :sl:

:sl:

Didnt realise that not getting enough sleep could affect weight :sl: Jazakallah khair

Salaams

I've also been told to get more rest. I average about 3-4 hours of sleep per night. I think this could be something cause I tend to eat a lot of sugar during the day to help keep me awake..

InshaAllah I'll get more rest in the evening!

:j: brothers and sisters

very good points ahsan and very true :sl:

has anyone tried having diet in correlation with blood type?

it really helps mentaining a healthy body weight :no:

Peace to all and a healthy life :sl:

I dont mind the first two but the last one is hard!

Eat a big breakfast?!

the only problem is..........................

WHOOSE GOING TO WASH UP?! :sl: