Islamic Forum
greeneydgirl

Australian Outcry Over Muslim Cleric's Comments

What would you do if somebody insulted your mother?

Your mother should harden up and smarten up.

Like i said, show her the Offical press statement from Shaykh Taj. I posted it on the previous page.

If the Above offends your mother, i am not going to apoligise.

Now what is wrong with only understanding half the story?

Are you trying to be funny or stupid?

Most people don't know half the story about what the pope said! :D

Excuse me? is this thread about the pope?

It is not. Take it to another thread.

And to be honest, as far as the pope goes, i do not give a damn.

I hope that has been made clear.

PropellerAds

Your mother should harden up and smarten up.

Like i said, show her the Offical press statement from Shaykh Taj. I posted it on the previous page.

If the Above offends your mother, i am not going to apoligise.

Are you trying to be funny or stupid?

Excuse me? is this thread about the pope?

It is not. Take it to another thread.

And to be honest, as far as the pope goes, i do not give a damn.

I hope that has been made clear.

Oh SiR, you are too serious. Of course I am trying to be funny. But I am also trying to make a point.

Do you get it? :D

Perhaps the western media still wants to fume the fire of hatred and refuse to publish the apology, or the Imam did not take enough effort to publicise it.

The Media isn't doing its jobs as it should be. Instead of reporting the news, all they seem to be doing is spreading lies and publishing opinions.

He has been admitted into Hospital, him and his family have been harrassed so much since all this started.

Do you get it? :D

No i don't.

Care to explain? :D

Edited by SiR

The Media isn't doing its jobs as it should be. Instead of reporting the news, all they seem to be doing is spreading lies and publishing opinions.

He has been admitted into Hospital, him and his family have been harrassed so much since all this started.

No i don't.

Care to explain? :D

Peace SiR,

I honestly do not care about what the Mufti said, he could have said anything and I would just shake my head and dismiss it.

What we have are two people being quoted out of context. One of them gets a bashing on this forum, while the other one is defended and is made a victim.

It does not make sense to me. They ought to be treated equally, don’t you think?

Regards

Bowman

Having thought lots about this, no-one should really give a damn what this man said, who listens to the opinions of a dusty old fool?

His comments regarding women being kept at home in the hijab etc just show the stone age attitude he has "oh lets just lock them away" - smells of inadequacy to me, if I felt so inadequate that I thought my wife might cheat on me with every single man she met I'd lock her up & cover her up too :D .

Edited by leics23

What we have are two people being quoted out of context. One of them gets a bashing on this forum, while the other one is defended and is made a victim.

It does not make sense to me. They ought to be treated equally, don’t you think?

Yes, i agree.

That is why i didn't indulge in Pope-Bashing.

As for those that did, all i can do is pray that Allah grants them Hikma (wisdom)

Having thought lots about this, no-one should really give a damn what this man said, who listens to the opinions of a dusty old fool?

His comments regarding women being kept at home in the hijab etc just show the stone age attitude he has "oh lets just lock them away" - smells of inadequacy to me, if I felt so inadequate that I thought my wife might cheat on me with every single man she met I'd lock her up & cover her up too :D .

Unless you have something to say which is true, or makes any sense, please excersice your rights to shut up.

Unless you have something to say which is true, or makes any sense, please excersice your rights to shut up.

Why isn't it true? The grammar makes perfect sense, but I'll explain again...

It is my opinion that muslims cover up their women because they have deep rooted feelings of inadequacy which the religion deals with quite effectively, albeit unfairly.

Now that's a debate to have...

Rape cannot be justified in any way, but the woman is to partly to blame for dressing provacatively. Women know what they are doing. A woman does not wear a mini-skirt for no particular reason. I know that most women wear mini-skirts to get attention from men. That is the truth! So why cry when you get the attention you went looking for? Of course she wasn't looking to get raped, but she did go out with the intention of appearing sexy to the male population. I beleive that people are treated the way they want to be treated. If you go out in skimpy clothes you are asking to be seen as a promiscuous woman. You only get the attention that you're after, in most cases.

Some of the crazy things women in London do really amazes me. They go out at night by themselves and click their heels like they are invincible. All I can say is that they're either brave or very naive. Probably the latter.

I wear a hijab and I'm still afraid to out after 6.00pm, as it's dark. A woman has to protect herself by all mean and never expose herself to danger. How many muslim women are raped in the streets of London?

Rape cannot be justified in any way, but the woman is to partly to blame for dressing provacatively. Women know what they are doing. A woman does not wear a mini-skirt for no particular reason. I know that most women wear mini-skirts to get attention from men. That is the truth! So why cry when you get the attention you went looking for? Of course she wasn't looking to get raped, but she did go out with the intention of appearing sexy to the male population. I beleive that people are treated the way they want to be treated. If you go out in skimpy clothes you are asking to be seen as a promiscuous woman. You only get the attention that you're after, in most cases.

Some of the crazy things women in London do really amazes me. They go out at night by themselves and click their heels like they are invincible. All I can say is that they're either brave or very naive. Probably the latter.

I wear a hijab and I'm still afraid to out after 6.00pm, as it's dark. A woman has to protect herself by all mean and never expose herself to danger. How many muslim women are raped in the streets of London?

Right, and a man living in an expensive house, driving an expensive car and dressing an expensive way is partly self to blame if he gets robbed and plundered?

An often asked question on this forum is "What would you do if somebody insulted your mother?".

This mufti actually did, not only that he - also insulted my wife, her mother, my wife’s sister and if my daughters were old enough - he would have insulted them too.

Now - I don’t live in Australia; I don’t even live nearby so I am not going to do anything about it.

If I lived nearby I wouldn’t have done anything anyway.

His comments clearly show how intelligent and understanding he is.

Regards

Bowman

Can you quote the parts of his speech that you find insulting to your women? I would like to see what they are, as I have not come across anything.

Then put yourself in the shoes of the Australian larger louts, and read the PM's irresponsible statements.

Mind you, both statements are from an authentic Australian newspaper.

Can you quote the parts of his speech that you find insulting to your women? I would like to see what they are, as I have not come across anything.

Then put yourself in the shoes of the Australian larger louts, and read the PM's irresponsible statements.

Mind you, both statements are from an authentic Australian newspaper.

Hi Aburafay, I think you skipped a few of my posts on this topic! :D

Regards

Bowman

To All non-muslim who say that "..i am offended by this...",. all i have to say is "Shut up"

He was addressing MUSLIMS at a Masjid during a long night of Praying.

He didn't say a word against Non-muslim Women.

So don't make an issue out of it.

Right, and a man living in an expensive house, driving an expensive car and dressing an expensive way is partly self to blame if he gets robbed and plundered?

Incorrect analogy.

If he leaves his house open and his wealth unguarded is the correct analogy. Then the thief will try to take what he may.

Hi Aburafay, I think you skipped a few of my posts on this topic! :D

Regards

Bowman

I refered to your incorrect assertion in that post. The other posts don't affect what I am asking.

To All non-muslim who say that "..i am offended by this...",. all i have to say is "Shut up"

He was addressing MUSLIMS at a Masjid during a long night of Praying.

He didn't say a word against Non-muslim Women.

So don't make an issue out of it.

Like you lot didn't make an issue out of the popes comments. You want it all your own way, and the worst of it is that most of the time you get your own way.

The last few weeks have shown that the tide is turning in our favour, in the favour of common sense and reason, you might find it tougher crying foul over everything and anything, because no-one is bothered anymore, and quite frankly disgusted that the hospitality of western nations has been abused for so long.

Like you lot didn't make an issue out of the popes comments. You want it all your own way, and the worst of it is that most of the time you get your own way.

The last few weeks have shown that the tide is turning in our favour, in the favour of common sense and reason, you might find it tougher crying foul over everything and anything, because no-one is bothered anymore, and quite frankly disgusted that the hospitality of western nations has been abused for so long.

Your post is quite amusing, to say the least. Full of hatred and discrimination, and nothing to contribute to the topic.

Incorrect analogy.

If he leaves his house open and his wealth unguarded is the correct analogy. Then the thief will try to take what he may.

Just for your information, peoples homes get robbed even if they lock their doors...

Wealth attracts thieves, houses get robbed even if there is an alarm installed..

The analogy is correct, the man is showing off his wealth.

I refered to your incorrect assertion in that post. The other posts don't affect what I am asking.

Yes they do..

Your post is quite amusing, to say the least. Full of hatred and discrimination, and nothing to contribute to the topic.

Excellent, proves my point, happy to criticise but cannot handle it the other way round "oh that's discrimination, oh you're rascist, oh such hatred". Try reasoning instead of playing the downtrodden victim all of the time :D

If I leave my valuables unattended, it is not an invitation for thieves. (Matter fact I think people do that in SA?).

Ilogical... the Imam was being realistic, he made that statement with the knowledge that there are always bad people with bad morality and intention in this world. And those who criticize this Imam must think that this world we live in is a perfect place where none will be tempted to sexually abuse naked or half-naked women exposed to them.

This world is not only filled with good people, and we must be aware of this. So the statement by the Imam really made sense.

So, what he meant is if you prefer to leave your meats outside, then don't just blame the dogs if they try to get the meats, blame yourself as much as you blame the dogs.... this is about precaution and things ...

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Edited by Yasnov

Just for your information, peoples homes get robbed even if they lock their doors...

Wealth attracts thieves, houses get robbed even if there is an alarm installed..

The analogy is correct, the man is showing off his wealth.

Yes, a break-in is similar to rape.

If he keeps his wealth properly guarded, thieves will not be able to access it. But if he leaves it unguarded and open, they will.

Similarly, a chaste woman who covers herself properly, and acts sensibly will not be sexually assaulted, unless the man is a rapist. But a woman who exposes her wears is practically attracting any Tom, or Harry. Come on, admit it that there is a difference between the two. Consider that it is not a religious issue, but that of morality. May be you will see the truth and your blinkers will disappear.

Ilogical... the man is being realistic, he said that statement with the knowledge that there are always bad people in this world. So, what he meant is if you prefer to leave your meats outside, then don't just blame the dogs if they try to get the meats, blame yourself as much as you blame the dogs.

Wassalam,

Yasnov

It's still an ill thought out analogy, rather over simplified, medieval in it's tone.

It's still an ill thought out analogy, rather over simplified, medieval in it's tone.

It is not. This world is not only filled with good people, and we must be aware of this. So the statement by the Imam really made sense.

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Salaam Alaikum

More info here:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6097798.stm"]BBC NEWS[/url]