Islamic Forum
~mehnaz~

Simple And Beautiful Sayings

As salamu Alykum,

Here i come up with some famous sayings of Hadhrat Ali bin Abu Talib(R.A) the Fourth respected Calpih of Deen-e-Islam.

1.If you overpower your enemy, then pardon him by way of thankfulness to Allah, for being able to subdue him.

2. Unfortunate is he who cannot gain a few sincere friends during his life and more unfortunate is the one who has gained them and then lost them (through his deeds).

3. When some blessings come to you, do not drive them away through thanklessness.

4. He who is deserted by friends and relatives will often find help and sympathy from strangers.

5. During civil disturbance adopt such an attitude that people do not attach any importance to you - they neither burden you with complicated affairs, nor try to derive any advantage out of you.

6. He who is greedy is disgraced; he who discloses his hardship will always be humiliated; he who has no control over his tongue will often have to face discomfort.

7. The mind of a wise man is the safest custody of secrets; cheerfulness is the key to friendship; patience and forbearance will conceal many defects.

8. Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

9. Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you and if you are alive they crave for your company.

10. If you overpower your enemy, then pardon him by way of thankfulness to Allah, for being able to subdue him.

Was salam.

:j:

A###### Jazaki Allah khair Dear Sister, Absolutely beautiful :sl: :sl:

Assalamualikum

thats soo beautiful..thanks alot..i really needed those hadiths :sl: ..and the sayings above are beautiful^^^^

Assalamualikum

Edited by SJ54

A###### Jazaki Allah khair Dear Sister, Absolutely beautiful :sl: :sl:

Is this goes for me dear sister?

I am a brother Alhamdulillah! :no:

JazakAllah!

Asalaam-U-Alaikum,

Here are some from me may the be enjoyed by all.....

It was reported that Abu Zarr Ghaffari said:

ÇáÃäíÇ ËáÇË ÓÇÚÇÊ;ÓÇÚÉ ãÖÊ æÓÇÚÉ ÇäÊ ÃíåÇ æÓÇÚÉ ÇÊÃÑßåÇ ÇãáÇ‘’

The world is only three hours: An hour that has past; an hour in which you are now; and an hour (to come) which you may or may not get. Thus, in reality, you have only an hour’’

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them

When the night is completely dark,It finds them staying up in the night, Fear has chased away their sleep, So they stay up, While those who feel secure in this life

Quietly sleep on.

[ibn Al-Mubarak]

:sl:

:j: brother All for those three sayings :sl: the first one really makes you think! i really like the second one as well :no:

Edited by Um-`Eesaa

Asalaam-U-Alaikum,

May Allah reward you for your kind words Umm-Esaa here are a few more maybe you will enjoy these too.

Sayyiduna Mu’adh ibn Jabal (may Allah be pleased with him) said, “Learn whatever you wish to learn, but you will never be rewarded until you act upon your knowledge.â€

“Never forget that turning a blind eye to oppression and watching from the sidelines is itself opression

Abû Hurayrah (radiyAllâhu ‘anhu) was asked about taqwâ. He said, “It is a road full of thorns. One who walks it needs to have extreme patience.â€

Sufyan al-Thawri (may Allah have mercy on him) said, “Knowledge knocks on the door of action. If it receives a reply, it stays, otherwise it departs.â€

and lastly for all those body builders and vain characters amongst us

Ibn Hazm al-Andalusi (rahimahullah) said:

Whoever is pleased with his courage, which he applies in matters that are not for the sake of Allaah, the Exalted, full of Majesty, should know that the tiger is braver than he, and that the lion, wolf, and elephant are more courageous than he.

Whoever is pleased with his bodily strength should know that the mule, bull, and elephant have stronger bodies. Whoever is pleased with his ability to lift weights should know that the donkey can lift heavier weights. Whoever is pleased with how fast he can run should know that the dog and rabbit are faster than he. Whoever is pleased with the beauty of his voice should know that many birds sing more beautifully than he and that the winds in the wood sound sweeter than he.

Hence, what sort of pride or pleasure should one feel in traits in which the animals excel more than he does?

But the one whose mind is strong, whose knowledge is broad, and whose deeds are good should feel true happiness, because he is surpassed in these matters only by the angels and the best of men.

(al-Akhlaq wa’l-Siyar)

Ma'asalaam

Ibn Hazm al-Andalusi (rahimahullah) said:

Whoever is pleased with his courage, which he applies in matters that are not for the sake of Allaah, the Exalted, full of Majesty, should know that the tiger is braver than he, and that the lion, wolf, and elephant are more courageous than he.

Whoever is pleased with his bodily strength should know that the mule, bull, and elephant have stronger bodies. Whoever is pleased with his ability to lift weights should know that the donkey can lift heavier weights. Whoever is pleased with how fast he can run should know that the dog and rabbit are faster than he. Whoever is pleased with the beauty of his voice should know that many birds sing more beautifully than he and that the winds in the wood sound sweeter than he.

Hence, what sort of pride or pleasure should one feel in traits in which the animals excel more than he does?

But the one whose mind is strong, whose knowledge is broad, and whose deeds are good should feel true happiness, because he is surpassed in these matters only by the angels and the best of men.

(al-Akhlaq wa’l-Siyar)

these are beautiful :j:! you should never be vain and proud, because there is always someone who will be better than you :no:

Jazaka'Allah khayr everyone for such beautiful sayings, very informative :j:

Wow,:no: for sharing.

"All" brother gotta say your posts have been a great pleasure to read so far bro,keep them coming. :sl:

May Allah reward u immensely for them.Ameen. :D

The world is only three hours: An hour that has past; an hour in which you are now; and an hour (to come) which you may or may not get. Thus, in reality, you have only an hour’’

Wow,interesting. :D

I'm trying to link it with "The Hour" when the horn will blow. :D

Asalaam-U-Alaikum,

Sorry guys but here are some more inshallah you will like these too .

A man attains the rank of righteousness only after passing through these six steps:

1) He must close the door of bounty and open the door of hardships.

2) He must close the door of dignity and open the door of humility.

3) He must close the door of repose and open the door of striving.

4) He must close the door of sleep and open the door of vigilance.

5) He must close the door of wealth and open the door of poverty.

6) He must close the door of worldly expectation and open the door of preparedness for death.

Ibrahim Bin Adham (d.777)

O Lord,If tomorrow on Judgment Day,You send me to Hell,I will tell such a secret,That Hell will race from me, Until it is a thousand years away.

O Lord,Whatever share of this world, You could give to me, Give it to Your enemies; Whatever share of the next world, You want to give to me, Give it to Your friends. You are enough for me.

O Lord, If I worship You, From fear of Hell, burn me in Hell.

O Lord, If I worship You, From hope of Paradise, bar me from its gates.

But if I worship You for Yourself alone, Then grace me forever the splendor of Your Face.

[Rabi´a al-Adawiyya]

Subhanallah. :D

:no: for sharing bro.

Keep them coming. :D

Inshallah.

Heres some of my own,inshallah you'll like them. :D

The More advanced U Live The More Attached U Become To This Dunya(life),The More Simple U Live,The More Attached U Become To The Hereafter.

Afterall the best of mankind lived a simple life.Our Prophet Muhammad(saw). :sl:

The Secret Of Success Is Unlocking The Hidden Door Within The Depths Of Your Mind.

Marriage Is The Joining Of Seperate Petals That Join And Make One Rose

Post some more later. :D

:sl: to you both br Aaqib and br All for posting those beautiful sayings!

I had bookmaked the whole thread.... nice posts...

Jaza kalla humma kairan

Asalaam Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh!

Jazak Allah Khairun to all those who posted. Masha'Allah, Beautiful posts!

One of our predecessors said, ‘By God! A servant, if truthful to God, will always love to pass unnoticed.’ Another has said, ‘I have never known a man to wish to become known but that his religion quit him and he became exposed.'

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetqisas(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wisdom/"]-source-[/url]

salaam alaikum ,

That was a beautiful post, mashaAllah!

Jazakallahu khair.

My favorite quote has to be

After handship, comes ease.

and

there is Hikmat behind everything

but i wanted to kno

HOPE FOR THE BEST EXPECT THE WORST

wud that be Islamic or not??

Muhamad peace be upon him said : Hala is clear and Haram is clear

Beautiful Hadith as all of them

Proud to be muslim

I think most of those quotes are spot on, regardless of someone's religious affiliation. I like how even in the 21'st century, we can still apply them to our everyday lives. Especially the quotes regarding beauty, nobility, and generosity. That just because someone possess one of the virtues, it does not automatically elevate their status as a human being.