Islamic Forum
monstrata

Why I Am Not A "muslim"

A few years ago, as a young teenager, I decided I was going to submit myself completely to God. This was while I was still a Christian, and before I knew anything about Islam other than what the average American thinks he knows. I was carried by my motivation through a variety of religious traditions, which taught me a lot about myself and human nature. I learned to recognize the good and the bad in each religion, and I discovered that there are pious and evil people in every single one. Then I came to Islam, and I was fascinated. Everything I read excited me, both positively and negatively. I found myself devouring books that spoke directly to my heart - Reza Aslan, Khaled abou el Fadl, Fazlur Rahman, Muhammad Asad - and some writings that terrified and disgusted me - the Saudi government's mind-numbing propaganda, the twisted ravings of Sayyid Qutb, and almost every Islamic web site I came across. I contemplated the mystics and scholars - Rumi, ibn Arabi, Ghazali, ibn Abbad. So much stimulated me and brought out of my soul a deep longing for the embrace of my Creator, but there was still so much that tore at my sense of goodness, rationality, and spirit. Then I began reading a translation of the Qur'an and realized I could not become a Muslim. I could not say the shahadah, not because I didn't believe, but because I realized that I would be pledging myself into a nation of unbelievers. The Qur'an itself explicitly forbade me from becoming a Muslim. It promised me that if I did, I would greatly offend my Sustainer, and I could not bear to do such a thing.

The reason this occured to me is because I saw that the majority of Muslims I have come into contact with in the modern world - through personal contact and by reading their works - are unbelievers. They act like believers and they speak like believers, but they do not believe in their hearts. If they did, they could not act the way they do. Instead of converting to another religion and building idols, they cling to a set of outdated laws and codes, insulting the universal and timeless legacy that the Qur'an promises. They make their caprice a partner with God, building up their own desires and tendencies and manipulating the Truth to suit their needs. They ignore the injunctions to learn and teach. They make their bodies more sacred than God, becoming obsessed with physical and mental purity while ignoring the spirit of their Creator's words. They are most definitely submitters, but they have submitted to their own, flawed human nature instead of the One God. The results of their transgression can be seen across the Muslim world - poverty, injustice, violent unrest, and universal suffering. Yet worst of all, they refuse to take responsibility! They ignore God when he says:

Yet, when a good thing happens to them, some [people] say, "This is from God," whereas when evil befalls them, they say, "This is from thee [O fellow-man]!"

Say: "All is from God." Whatever good happens to thee is from God; and whatever evil befalls thee is from thyself. AND WE have sent thee [O Muhammad] as an apostle unto all mankind: and none can bear witness [thereto] as God does.

by blaming others for their own misfortune and submitting to war instead of submitting to their Lord. Again, they build idols by latching onto verses of the Qur'an, analyzing and extracting meanings from them in order to contradict the message of the whole. They make verses of God's word greater than God Himself. And they offend the transcendent nature of their Sustainer. When the contradictions in their own opinions are exposed, they claim that God's word is not perfect, and that He changes his mind, all because they as humans put their own abilities above God's.

I found myself swept away from Islam by Islam itself. The true Islam forbade me from assisting in the spread of the false Islam. So God turned me away and led me onto another path, one that I would speak of here if I was not afraid of being banned. My reason for posting my experience here was to introduce myself and my own jihad, and to perhaps awaken others to realize that the struggle against the unbelievers should be reconsidered until the struggle within individual Muslims and within Islam itself has been fulfilled. I think many who are being converted to Islam now are being converted to something as un-Islamic as 6th-century Meccan paganism, just wearing a better disguise.

And just to save some time, I will not reply to incoherent posts or pastes from other websites. I took the time to write a coherent post, so I think others should, too.

PropellerAds

:D/peace

I'm sorry you had to go through that,

and sadly have to agree with what you said that some muslims are too influenced with the non-muslim culture,the thing is,not everyone is,there are devoted passioned muslims out there who follow the Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet.

If you judge Islam based on how some muslims act round you,you will not get a true reflection of Islam,it really hurts me to say that,but as Day Of Judgement comes nearer,ignorance of religion will increase.As the Prophet said,if you follow 2 sources,the Quran and the Sayings of the Prophet,you will never go astray.So only use them to judge how good Islam is,nothing else.

Alhumdulilah you do get very pious muslims who make wonderful role models for others.

So what I'm trying to say is judge Islam on the Quran,and the Hadith,and not the muslims.

Quran and sayings of the Prophet give a true reflection of Islam.

:D/bye

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

To say that you relinquished the entire faith simply because you thought that all Muslims are hypocrites to Islam is a sad thing to hear.

The Qur'an and the Hadith are what Islam are based on. Don't lose that much. But if you really believe in Islam as a religion, then I would advice you not to delay your shahadah too long. We never know when death will be upon us.

I hope that you will be able to look deep within your heart and find God. Believing in your creator is the first step to the right path.

May Allah guide all of us.

Assalamu alaikum to everyone,

Dear Monstrata,

I agree that today many muslims are hardly following Islam correctly. But you know that doesn't mean that it is the fault of Islam itself. This the the very reason that Allah sent us the prophets because they had the true qualities of a loyal Muslim and they were the most loyal and the best of the muslims and Allah's creation. And that is why Allah asked us to follow them and not others. Each of us should submit to Allah alone and not this world and its ways. This is just a temporary station we pass through (a test) and death is the biggest proof of this itself. Allah Himself has told us that:

Quran 6:32 "What is the life of this world but play and amusement? But best is the home in the hereafter, for those who are righteous. Will ye not then understand? "

I agree that today most Muslims have abandoned the Quraan itself. Many read it and memorize it but have no clue what it means - May Allah have mercy on them and us and provide us with true guidance. Yes there is alot of poverty, war, diseases and what other calamities in the muslim world. It may be punishment for our going astray but in them are also true believers for whom belive it or not is a mercy and a trial. Sins are expiated through pain and sorrow. Allah knows best. It is better to be punished in this world that in the hereafter. Allah tries us that we may be guided. If one looks at Islam form the action of most of the muslims today, they will find great injustice and wrong doings.

These are hardly good reasons to turn away from Islam. It was wonderful to hear that from a very young age you have reflected on what the truth is and you did your research. It felt wonderful that you actually went and read the Quran to understand. Now a days anyone can write a book and say what they like in the name of Islam and probably their actions show something else - Allah knows best. Many read such books and go astray. Many people claim to be Muslims but yet they pray to dead "saints" or take others as prophets when the Quran made it clear that one should strictly follow what the Quran says and do what the prophet did and reject anything the prophet (peace upon him) rejected.

"Then we revealed to you (O Muhammad) this scripture, truthfully, confirming previous scriptures, and SUPERCEDING them." 5:48 Quran

"And obey God and obey the messenger and be cautious; but if you turn back, then know that the SOLE DUTY of the messenger is the deliverance (of the message)" 5:92

"And obey God and obey the messenger, but if you turn back, then upon Our messenger is the SOLE DUTY of the clear delivery (of the message)" 64:12

"...Verily I have left amongst you that which will never lead you astray, the BOOK OF Allah, which if you hold fast you shall never go astray. And beware of transgressing the limits set in the matters of religion, for it is transgression of religion, that brought destruction to (many people) before you...." (from the Last Sermon of Prophet Muhammad (saw)

Narrated Abu Huraira

Allah's Apostle said, "All my followers will enter Paradise except those who refuse." They said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who will refuse?" He said, "Whoever obeys me will enter Paradise, and whoever disobeys me is the one who refuses (to enter it)." Sahih Bukhari

The beauty of Islam is that you are answerable to only One and that is Allah. Your deeds are with Allah between you and Allah and no one else. What good you do, your reward is with Allah and what wrong you do is bewteen you and Allah to be forgiven and guided. The beauty of Islam is that you submit to Allah alone and no one else and to Him alone you are answerable. Now a days man is slave to so many thiings in this world. People talk about being free and having rights but people are slaves for money, some for other people , some for their careers, power, fame. Everyone is a slave of something now a days. But when one talks of submitting to Allah it is seens as bad and degrading.

Do not be disheartened by what you see around you. Satan shows you the negative side so that you turn away from the true path. When a person wants to do good that will bring them reward from Allah, no matter how small it is, Satan will immediately be by their side and put doubts in their hearts. Do not be put off by the actions of people around you. The Quran and the sunnah are true and flawless. Follow those and seek refuge in Allah and submit yourself to Him. He will look after you from there on in the most amazing ways.

It is the muslims who need to start reading the Quran and start reflecting. One should look around at all that is happeneing and recognise that we have gone wrong somewhere and something needs to be done. And that something needs to start from ourselves. We need to start thinking of becoming true Muslims. We need to corect ourselves as much as possible and things will straighten out. Now many will say, this is all wishful thinking but in reality it is something else. But it is not impossible.

The duty of a true muslim is to observe in their daily lives, observe patience and live strictly according to the quran and sunnah. By fulifilling their basic requirements with all the correct intentions will they be setting a good example to others and Allah only increases such people in goodness and makes others merciful towards him, whether believer or non believer. Every muslim to whom has come the knowledge of Islam should observe strictly and pass on the message to all others. It requires great patience and being kind and not looking down on anyone and not becoming arrogant by thinking that one is a good muslim and being satisfied with himself and his life in this world. The prophet (saw) was so God fearing that he watched carefully his every action and did as much as he could. He knew that he was going to go to heaven and that he was the best of all mankind and yet he never had pride in himself and was never satisfied that he worshipped and thanked Allah enough.

I hope everything works out for you and Allah makes you successful in your decision you made few years ago to submit yourself completely to God. Insha Allah I hope Allah guides all of us to the right path. Allah knows best.

:D

Regards

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

Listen to the holy Quran---the Final Testament

Recitation of Sura Fathiha by Shiekh Saad Al-Ghamdhi of Saudi Arabia

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamworld(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fathiha.au"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamworld(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fathiha.au[/url]

....Then I began reading a translation of the Qur'an and realized I could not become a Muslim. .... The Qur'an itself explicitly forbade me from becoming a Muslim. It promised me that if I did, I would greatly offend my Sustainer, and I could not bear to do such a thing.

pl. explain more. Even If all Muslims are bad it does mean that u have no right to become a Muslim. we ( born Muslims ) have many faults....still we have a very good quality :D that is we believe '' God is One". That's the most imp mater in all major religions for salvation but the followers are disobeying it.

Pl. don't judge Islam but observing Muslims. Read Quran again...u will understand that Quran did not say , if some or many or all 'so-called ' Muslims are bad , monstrata must not accept Islam. Islam is for all. Someone remarked like that Islam has the best religion with worst followers.

so, don't let ( bad Muslims ) keep away u from Islam.

Hi,

The emblem of Islam is the holy Qur'an, and the actions of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) illustrate this accordingly!

Read the following:

Islamic values are those that are set out in the Quran and the practice of the noble Messenger, Muhammad (S). Muslim values are those that are created as part of the culture of the Muslim communities. These include the day-to-day interaction between the Muslims and their outlook on Islam's rules and regulations. The difference is that Islam is perfect and pure, while the values formulated by the Muslims may or may not be in accordance with Islam. The detriment that arises from this is that many times precedence is given to the Muslim values over the Islamic values.

Hence, as the above posts mentioned, there will be Muslims that are hypocrites or perhaps don't understand Islamic principles properly, therefore read the Qur'an clearly and identify with it.

May you find the true path.

Ciao

salaam;

brother , don't do the mistake like Professor Van Burger did.

The Amazing story of how the Arch Bishop

who became Muslim, married a Nun

Taken from (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_mandla.co.za/al-qalam/sept97/bishop.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_mandla.co.za/al-qalam/sept97/bishop.htm[/url]

" When I opened the Qur’an , the first verses I came across were, ‘ Say : He is Allah , The One and Only; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begeteteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him? (Surah Ikhlas)’ ", he recalls.

That was when the seeds of Islam, unknown to him, were first sown. It was then that he discovered that the Qur’an was the only scripture book that had been untampered with, by human beings since its revelation .

"And in concluding my doctoral thesis I said so. I didn’t care whether they give me my doctorate or not - that was the truth, and I was looking for the truth."

While in that state of mind he called his "beloved" Professor Van Burger.

"I closed the door, looked him in the eye and asked him ‘of all religions in the world, which is true’, I asked.

‘Islam’, he responded.

‘Why then are you not a Muslim?’, I asked again.

He said to me "'One, I hate Arabs, and two, do you see all this luxuries that I have? Do you think that I would give it all up for Islam?’.

When I thought about his answer, I thought about my own situation, too", recalls Mwaipopo. His mission, his cars - all these appeared in his imagination. No, he could not embrace Islam, and for one good year, he put it off his mind.

Edited by bluesky

Greetings monstrata...welcome to the forums... :D

- Reza Aslan, Khaled abou el Fadl, Fazlur Rahman, Muhammad Asad - and some writings that terrified and disgusted me - the Saudi government's mind-numbing propaganda, the twisted ravings of Sayyid Qutb, and almost every Islamic web site I came across. I contemplated the mystics and scholars - Rumi, ibn Arabi, Ghazali, ibn Abbad.

Interesting sources you have read. I myself have not heard of most of them until you mentioned them, except for Reza Aslan, who tends to take a modernist approach on Islam.

I agree with you that many Muslims today are not following the true teachings of Islam. But there are Muslims who do.

If you must read or hear what a scholar/imam/ustaz says, I suggest this (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.aswatalislam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/CategorySelectionMadeP.aspx?CatID=1006"]website.[/url]

You can hear audio and video lectures, on many different subjects, from renowned Muslim lecturers such as Yusuf Estes and the late Ahmad Deedat.

I am also sure the other muslim brothers and sisters can provide you with more links, which provide an alternative view to what you have read.

But first, before anything else, use the Quran and Sunnah and truly reflect on it. If you have any doubts in what is written please ask here.

So much stimulated me and brought out of my soul a deep longing for the embrace of my Creator, but there was still so much that tore at my sense of goodness, rationality, and spirit. Then I began reading a translation of the Qur'an and realized I could not become a Muslim. I could not say the shahadah, not because I didn't believe, but because I realized that I would be pledging myself into a nation of unbelievers. The Qur'an itself explicitly forbade me from becoming a Muslim. It promised me that if I did, I would greatly offend my Sustainer, and I could not bear to do such a thing.

Can you explain to us where in the Quran did you infer this meaning?

Peace

Edited by freedslave

Thanks, everyone, for your sincere consideration of my post and your responses.

In the Qur'an, the early Muslims are constantly warned against making alliances with the unbelievers - in those days, I guess it was the BAD Jews, Pagans and Christians (I have no reason to believe it was ALL the Jews, Christians, and Pagans). I feel like today the worst unbelievers are Muslims. As someone else said, Islam is the best religion with the worst followers. I am afraid that when I start going to a Masjid, I will be surrounded by evil people. I am afraid I might be pressured to be more like them. I don't care how many times they say the Shahadah, they are the worst of the unbelievers because they are apostate in their hearts and minds and actions, but they pretend to be believers. I feel like the "enemies of Islam" are no longer hypocritical Jews and Christians, but hypocritical Muslims. I do not want to feel like I have to ally against my pious Jewish, Christian, Buddhist, and Hindu friends simply to side with my unpious Muslim "brothers" and "sisters." I feel a great kinship to the Prophet and to the true followers of the Prophet, but I feel worse than an enemy to the Muslim kafir.

Islam seems confusing and scary sometimes, too. I see so much that I know in my heart is true and good, but then I talk about it with my Muslim friends and they shake their heads at me and say I am a heretic for reading such things or speaking of such things (like Sufism or modern Muslims who believe in the timelessness of the message and that we don't need to act like desert nomads in order to be Muslims). Even when you guys say we only need to follow the Qur'an and the Sunnah it scares me. A lot of what is in the Sunnah seems bad to me, such as the stuff about killing apostates. Were the four schools of jurisprudence a bad thing, then? Is scholarly inquiry a bad thing if it helps us understand better what the Qur'an and Sunnah are asking us to do? If I had just read about the killing of apostates in the Bukhari hadiths without reading some scholarly commentary on it, I would never have thought of becoming Muslim. Now, I at least feel the desire to, even if I feel afraid of offending God by doing so.

Hello Monstrata,

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the Islamic Forum! I hope you enjoy your stay here and benefit from it greatly. :D

Now on to your inquiry. Listen. We are only human. All of us. We all make mistakes and we all need guidance. No, those people you see in the Masjid, I doubt that even a single one of them is evil or should be accused of being so. I understand your concern and your method of judgment, but now you have to understand that we need to unite instead of disintegrate. That we need to be learning and understanding the faith instead of straying from it.

The solution is not only to take a different path from these so called hypocritical Muslims. The solution is to bring them back on the Straight Path... Or at least try.

You want to follow the true teachings of Islam because Islam is perfect in itself, that's fine. That's wonderful. But you know what? We NEED brotherhood and sisterhood because that is PART of the true teachings of Islam, it is part of the Qur'aan and Sunnah.

The fact that these Muslims you see are not perfect only indicates a need for guidance and nothing else. Albeit it may seem that they are evil, you must understand that brotherhood is important. That we must unite and we shouldn't try to escape from our problems. Or create any problems for ourselves. In this sense, we should approach this particular problem of "hypocricy" logically and respectfully (as you have done :D) and try to change it and fix ourselves, and cure the disease in our heart. We must turn to Allah and ask Him to cure the disease in our hearts.

Remember that we are united with at least one firm belief. That there is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is His messenger.

In the Qur'an, the early Muslims are constantly warned against making alliances with the unbelievers - in those days, I guess it was the BAD Jews, Pagans and Christians (I have no reason to believe it was ALL the Jews, Christians, and Pagans).

Salam

Allah says in The qur'an

Call unto the way of thy Lord with wisdom and fair exhortation, and reason with them in the better way. Lo! thy Lord is Best Aware of him who strayeth from His way, and He is Best Aware of those who go aright.(16:125)

how do we know a person will believe or reject Islam, The verse says Invite mankind, if we are not allowed to take jews, christians and other non muslim as friends how we can invite them to the path of Our Lord. The knowledge of whether a person will believe or reject Islam after studying it is with Allah, our duty is to convey the message to mankind.

Quran says not to take those unbelievers who try to lead u astray, i dont know exactly which verse is it.

without being friend with someone we wont know if a person try to lead us astray, if anyone reject Islam after clear signs and then try leading us away from Allah, can they be our friend any more? God almighty is our intimate friend.

May Allah guide you to the right path

ameen

wassalam

Edited by Risalat

Assalamu alaykum

VAST DIFFERENCE BETWEEN Islam AND THE ACTUAL PRACTICE OF MUSLIMS

Answered by Dr. zakir naik

Question:

If Islam is the best religion, why are many of the Muslims dishonest, unreliable, and involved in activities such as cheating, bribing, dealing in drugs, etc.?

Answer:

1. Media maligns Islam

• Islam is without doubt the best religion but the media is in the hands of the westerners who are afraid of Islam. The media is continuously broadcasting and printing information against Islam. They either provide misinformation about Islam, misquote Islam or project a point out of proportion, if any.

• When any bomb blasts take place anywhere, the first people to be accused without proof are invariably the Muslims. This appears as headlines in the news. Later, when they find that non-Muslims were responsible, it appears as an insignificant news' item.

• If a 50 year old Muslim marries a 15 year old girl after taking her permission, it appears on the front page but when a 50 year old non-Muslim rapes a 6 year old girl, it may appear in the news in the inside pages as 'Newsbriefs'. Everyday in America on an average 2,713 cases of rape take place but it doesn't appear in the news, since it has become a way of life for the Americans.

2. Black sheep in every community:

I am aware that there are some Muslims who are dishonest, unreliable, who cheat, etc. but the media projects this as though only Muslims are involved in such activities. There are black sheep in every community. I know Muslims who are alcoholics and who can drink most of the non-Muslims under the table.

3. Muslims best as a whole:

Inspite of all the black sheep in the Muslim community, Muslims taken on the whole, yet form the best community in the world. We are the biggest community of tee-totallers as a whole, i.e. those who don't imbibe alcohol. Collectively, we are a community which gives the maximum charity in the world. There is not a single person in the world who can even show a candle to the Muslims where modesty is concerned; where sobriety is concerned; where human values and ethics are concerned.

4. Don't judge a car by its driver:

If you want to judge how good is the latest model of the "Mercedes" car and a person who does not know how to drive sits at the steering wheel and bangs up the car, who will you blame? The car or the driver? But naturally, the driver. To analyze how good the car is, a person should not look at the driver but see the ability and features of the car. How fast is it, what is its average fuel consumption, what are the safety measures, etc. Even if I agree for the sake of argument that the Muslims are bad, we can't judge Islam by its followers? If you want to judge how good Islam is then judge it according to its authentic sources, i.e. the Glorious Qur'an and the Sahih Hadith.

5. Judge Islam by its best follower i.e. Prophet Mohammed (pbuh):

If you practically want to check how good a car is put an expert driver behind the steering wheel. Similarly the best and the most exemplary follower of Islam by whom you can check how good Islam is, is the last and final messenger of God, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Besides Muslims, there are several honest and unbiased non-Muslim historians who have acclaimed that prophet Muhammad was the best human being. According to Michael H. Hart who wrote the book, 'The Hundred Most Influential Men in History', the topmost position, i.e. the number one position goes to the beloved prophet of Islam, Muhammad (pbuh). There are several such examples of non-Muslims paying great tributes to the prophet, like Thomas Carlyle, La-Martine, etc.

i think this would help

wassalam

Edited by Risalat

Assalamualaikum

brother, brother, brother. As the sisters above said, how can YOU know the intentions behind what muslims do. It is not your place to judge others. Every human being is independant of eachother in the eyes of our creator almighty Allah(swt). So firstly, get your act together when it comes to Islam. In Islam it is believed that you are either a muslim or a kafir. there is no muslim kafir. astaghfirullah. where are you? alhumdulillah, you sound informed yet confused on what Islam truly is. Allah(swt) wont ask you on what you did in this world based on the muslim mass. You will be asked personally. taking the shahada doesnt mean conforming to the beliefs of the many muslims who have become astray through the intoxication of worldly matters. It is a testament confirming your belief in the essence of this life. i must go now for i have an exam tomorrow yet will follow this thread. please write freely and i pray for you to see the right path inshallah.

May the peace mercy and blessings of almighty Allah(swt) be upon you all

Assalamualaikum

Islam seems confusing and scary sometimes, too. I see so much that I know in my heart is true and good, but then I talk about it with my Muslim friends and they shake their heads at me and say I am a heretic for reading such things or speaking of such things (like Sufism or modern Muslims who believe in the timelessness of the message and that we don't need to act like desert nomads in order to be Muslims). Even when you guys say we only need to follow the Qur'an and the Sunnah it scares me. A lot of what is in the Sunnah seems bad to me, such as the stuff about killing apostates. Were the four schools of jurisprudence a bad thing, then? Is scholarly inquiry a bad thing if it helps us understand better what the Qur'an and Sunnah are asking us to do? If I had just read about the killing of apostates in the Bukhari hadiths without reading some scholarly commentary on it, I would never have thought of becoming Muslim. Now, I at least feel the desire to, even if I feel afraid of offending God by doing so.

Hello brother,

Please read the following carefully:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.irfi(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/all_articles.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.irfi(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/all_articles.htm[/url]

Go to article no.255

May it clear your uncertainties :D

What you essentially need to do, is to achieve a level of deep understanding or awareness of what the Sunnah provides. I would recommend that if you're at all hesitant toward any part of the Sunnah then seek advise from a learnt scholar, who will give you a factual response, such as the link i provided above based on apostacy.

The meaning of 'Islam' derives from 'peace'. It means submission to God. We need to acknowledge the Oneness of God who is the sole creator and sustainer! And God sent prophets so that we are aware that God exists and to worship him alone. His revelation through prophets from time to time who were chosen form all nations and people. Whenever people lost the real message of the Lord after the departure of a prophet, he sent another prophet in some other people with the renewal of His guidance. The last Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) came with the Final Message- the glorious Qur'an, and it is not to be destroyed, distorted or interpolated for all times to come. The Last Prophet with the Last Word of God verified the truthfulness of all the earlier prophets! And it provides a way of life for humanity. I agree some Muslims don't correspond to the Qur'an and Sunnah accurately, but it doesn't connote that Islam is like that or ALL Muslims are like that. It is the duty of a Muslim brother/sister to assist his brother/sister with Islam (to bring them closer to the truth, to clear their doubts, misconceptions or hypocrisy) aswell as assist those who want to seek guidance or the truth.

May Allah guide you on the true path. Ameen

Edited by Aamina

Please read the following carefully:

(www.)"http://irfi/all_articles.htm"]irfi/all_articles.htm[/url]

Go to article no.255

Dear Aamina,

Thank you very much for this wonderful link. I not only read the article you pointed me to, but several others. It really helped me in understanding a few things I hadn't before. I am going to spend a week in prayer and reflection and maybe I'll attend the masjid on Friday. I guess it would be necessary to attend a masjid sooner or later to learn how to do the prayer and everything. Thank you for showing me that I'm not alone in my concerns.

Peace brother,

No problem at all :D

I'm glad that i was able to help you with your queries, All praise is due to Allah the Exalted.

And thank you for reading the rest of the many articles in that link :D

Additionally, i hope you have a wonderful and peaceful time at the Masjid on Friday and learn a great deal :D Keep us informed with your experiences inshAllah.

May Allah guide you on the true path. Ameen

Best regards, Aamina

... I do not want to feel like I have to ally against my pious Jewish, Christian, Buddhist, and Hindu friends simply to side with my unpious Muslim "brothers" and "sisters."

salaam

----- Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just. 60:8

Well sad to read that story. But when you said the Qu'ran forbed you from becoming a Muslim that is wrong. As in the Qu'ran it says 'Allah will guide those who want to be guided'.

Salaam;

Pl. everybody , specially bro monstrata visit this link. it's very interesting.

AmazingQuran.jpg

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.thetruecall(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/home/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=26"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.thetruecall(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/home/modules.ph...etit&lid=26[/url]

Download 'The Amazing Qur'an'.

Dr. Gary Miller (Abdul-Ahad Omar)

A very important Christian missionary converted to Islam and became a major herald for Islam, he was a very active missionary and was very knowledgeable about the Bible.

This man likes mathematics so much, that's why he likes logic. One day, he decided to read the Qur'an to try to find any mistakes that he might take advantage of while inviting Muslims to convert to Christianity.

He expected the Qur'an to be an old book written 14 centuries ago, a book that talks about the desert and so on. He was amazed from what he found.

May Allah give you true guidance and remove your fears from you and make the journey on His path easy for you, stengthen you with faith and make you successful. Insha Allah

Greetings,

The hypocrites, men and women, (have an understanding) with each other: they enjoin evil, and forbid what is just, and are close with their hands. They have forgotten Allah, so He has forgotten them. Verily the hypocrites are rebellious and perverse. [Qur'an 9: 67]

There are hypocrites in every religion, but we must refrain from generalising and we should give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Our Lord warns us thus,

O you who believe! Shun much suspicion; for lo! some suspicion is a crime. [49: 12]

Dear friend, there ARE true believing men and women in the Muslim world. Most of these you shall find in the Masjid; I am certain of this due to personal experience. I also believe that most Muslims are actually a good and decent people, however this is not what you will find on CNN or BBC. The enemies of God (most high) desire to extinguish His Light, despite their incapacity of accomplishing this task. You are commiting an unfair disservice to your Rabb if you perceive the entire Muslim population as infidels and you are putting yourself in a very risky situation, for the Holy Prophet (saas) declared, ""And he who accuses a believer of Kufr (disbelief) then it is like killing him." [Al Bukhari]

Regards,

Averroes

Brother monstrata, you have too much hatred in your heart. Sure the majority of Muslims today aren't practicing fully, and a lot have become 'westernized' to the point that it's just a culture thing or something...but it doesn't mean you hate all of them with a passion?

What happened to brotherhood? What happened to 'ejoining in what is right and forbidding what is wrong?' You can't be telling me that you actually believe ALL Muslims are evil nowadays and YOU are the only pure one left!

BTW, NEVER judge Islam by the Muslims. Ever. Period. Especially today.

Stick to the Qur'an and Sunnah and you won't go wrong.

All this was prophesized by the Prophet Muhammad :D and these are all signs of the Last Day approaching.

Sorry but if you believe in Islam but refuse to make shahadah you are still a kafir. And you know it is your duty to pray, give zakat (poor-alms), fast, etc. but you still refuse because the Muslims today aren't perfect...then you are really confused.

And killing of apostates, you don't agree with that, you've mentioned. You probably don't agree with stoning gays, etc. If so, you haven't fully accepted Islam. You haven't fully 'submitted.' Allah created us, and everything else, His rules are most fair and He is certainly most just. You must accept ALL aspects of Islam, or none.

May Allah guide you Insha'Allah.

BTW, NEVER judge Islam by the Muslims. Ever. Period. Especially today.

Well...if the followers of a certain concept perform crappily, and you say that concept is actually great if properly followed, then all it means is that the idea is great in theory, but practically it is useless and unrealistic.

Assalamualaikum

Well...if the followers of a certain concept perform crappily, and you say that concept is actually great if properly followed, then all it means is that the idea is great in theory, but practically it is useless and unrealistic.

hahaha, seriously brother what you said gave me a laugh. This statement contains no thought in it whatsoever.

so your saying keeping the law against rape is unnecessary? there is about 1 rape every 20 minutes or (and increasing) so according to stats in america. does that mean that the law against rape should be disposed of because, although it is great, it is impractical and unrealistic. of course not. there ARE a large proportion of poeple who support the law but there IS also a mass of poeple commiting this horrible act.

The same implies about Islam. It is a beautiful religion, IF followed correctly. Consider, Ive said this before, Islam as a circle. if you add or take away parts of the circle, it is no longer a circle. hence, if you add or take away parts of the aspects of Islam and modify it to suit YOU, then you im afraid to say are not a muslim.

I hope i have given a reply to the useless statement from 3DShocker.

May the peace mercy and blessings of Almighty Allah(swt) be upon you all

w/s