Islamic Forum
eeps24

Pray Sitting Down

:sl:

when are you allowed to pray sitting down? .... lets say you are in a store parking lot... the parking lot is very big and there are some spots where there are no cars.. could a person pray in a car or does he/she still have to pray standing?

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaikum, Salaat is to be made standing, Unless someone has a handicap of some sort and cannot stand and make their Salaat, then they can make Salaat while sitting or even lying down. In the case you have posted, A person can stand and make the Salaat in the dry spots of the parking lot in a corner. Below is a similar question but in a different situation, please check it out.

Name Rachid -

Profession

Question Assalamaam Alaikum can a person pray (salat) sitting down at his desk. since I share my and people keep walking in and out out of my office.

Answer Observance of mandatory Salaat requires standing up facing the qibla. You cannot make these Salaats sitting. The only people who are allowed to make Salaat sitting are the people who are incapable of making it standing up.

For optional Salaat, we are allowed to perform it while sitting, but we only get half the reward of the one who is standing up.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/LiveFatwa/English/Browse.asp?hGuestID=V68078"]Praying while sitting:[/url]

Assalamu alaikum.