Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dead man walking

when women get married, are they supposed

:D

is there a hadith which says that the women leave her family to join the husbands side?

i always wondered by women leave there family and mum crying her eyes out :D

PropellerAds

I havent come across a hadeeth like that anywhere.

The thing is that from birth till the day a woman gets married, she is in the care of her father. Once shes married she goes in the care of her hsband. It does happen sometimes that the man and woman decide to stay at the woman's house.

Asalamu alaikum

Culturally speaking different places do different things. In my country of origin, the bride goes to live with her husbands family. Thats why the mother of the bride (and the father) cry alot at the wedding...................all together now.........Aaaaaaaaaaah :crying:

But as for a hadith refering to that, ive never come across it, sorry!

Walaikum Asalaam,

My dad was complaining the other day how the brides of today go to their husband's house dancing and laughing, with no shame or haya.. while in 'the good old days' they all had their gazes down and eyes full of tears, lol. *Sigh*

It just seems appropriate that the girl goes to live with the husband, her new mahram, who'll be looking after her from then on.

Walaikum Asalaam,

My dad was complaining the other day how the brides of today go to their husband's house dancing and laughing, with no shame or haya.. while in 'the good old days' they all had their gazes down and eyes full of tears, lol. *Sigh*

Some of them have been eaiting years to get married. And if you are talking about the westerners, well you know they always have divorce so they could be coming back after a month only :D

I don't think he meant that they shouldn't be happy, just not show it? Oh, I don't know how to explain it. There's a perfect term for it in Pashto, but ugh nevermind, lol.

LOL [at] Westerner's marriage, so true!

Walaikum Asalaam,

It just seems appropriate that the girl goes to live with the husband, her new mahram, who'll be looking after her from then on.

i would really get mad if my bride started crying,

i dont see anything wrong if the wife is all happy an showing it,

My dad was referring to the 'Afghan' brides nowadays. Believe me, you wouldn't want a bride acting like that =).

Why would you get mad? She's leaving her parents home, she'll miss them terribly.. it's understandable. Doesn't mean she's not happy about marrying you.

I don't mind moving in with the wife's family. But you'd still got non-mahrams around like my new in-laws.

:w:

Edited by ahm

its understandable that they would cry, because they are going to miss there family, but it wouldnt be like shes going to be crying day and night...I think the bride deserves to cry once, because she's gonna miss her family, but after that, she should think this is a new chapter in her life.

btw bro, i havent heard of any such hadith. Sorry.

are sister-in-laws non muharram to her husband's brother.

i believe they are, and please stay on topic. :D