Islamic Forum
Sister_Truth

50 Completely Useless Facts

PropellerAds
LOOOOOOOOL. That CANT be true.

Peace

:D

poor left-handers... well, i doubt that stuff is true, well atleast it doesn't mean all left handers are like that, i'm sure :D yeah course not :D

Anyway, you know what would be a good idea for this thread? Everyone from now on who reads this thread will have to pick one of the facts and explain how or why it is true...either by posting a link, giving quotes or explaining it by yourself...of course some of them don't need explaining and others are useless as the name of this thread implies :D ...but for the other facts I'm sure we would be interested in finding out more...

Maybe my idea fell flat, but I'll keep the ball rolling :D

For today, I will prove, that this useless fact is true...

In 1386, a pig in France was executed by public hanging for the murder of a child

I came across this link...if this is true its just beyond words... :D

NOT ONLY WERE INSECTS, reptiles and small mammals, such as rats and mice, legally prosecuted and formally excommunicated, but judicial penalties, including capital punishment, were also inflicted upon larger quadrupeds.

... Numerous extracts from the original records of such proceedings are given, and also a list of the kinds of animals thus tried and condemned, extending from the beginning of the 12th to the middle of the 18th century, and comprising in all 93 cases.

In 1386, the tribunal of Falaise sentenced a sow to be mangled and maimed in the head and forelegs, and then to be hanged, for having torn the face and arms of a child and thus caused its death.

Here we have a strict application of the lex talionis, the primitive retributive principle of taking an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

As if to make the travesty of justice complete, the sow was dressed in man's clothes and executed on the public square near the city-hall at an expense to the state of 10 sous and 10 deniers, besides a pair of gloves to the hangman.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.aarrgghh(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/no_way/clawClaw.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.aarrgghh(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/no_way/clawClaw.htm[/url]

:D / Greetings to All

Useless fact of the day...

Dolphins sleep with one eye open!

A dolphin's brain, like ours, is divided into two hemispheres. But rather than having both hemispheres close down for the night, as we do, dolphins sleep on only one side of their brains at a time. Dolphins are very active for about eight hours a day, with both sides of their brains taking part in their activities. The rest of the time, the two hemispheres take turns sleeping. A dolphin continues swimming slowly near the surface of the water during periods of sleep with one eye wide open and aware of its surroundings. This way of sleeping allows the animal to keep breathing and has the added benefit of keeping that one eye open for predators.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.scienceiq(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/ShowFact.cfm?ID=74"]Link[/url]

:D / Greetings

Edited by freedslave

:D/ Greeting to All

Today's useless fact...

It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_ask.yahoo(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/20050721.html"]Why is it impossible to sneeze with your eyes open?[/url]

:D/ Greetings

I’m sure glad we use finger prints and not tongue prints. Can you imagine licking that ink pad after all those other people? :D