What browser are you using?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What browser are you using?

• Firefox 2 or higher
    • Firefox, older than version 2
    • Internet Explorer
    • another browser

:D

I'm starting this poll because I'm interested to know what browsers our members are using the most, and also to draw to your attention the fact that Firefox is Islamic Forum's recommended browser. Firefox browser spell-checks anything you type, and corrects your words for you. This results in better understanding of your posts. It also helps you if English is not your your first language. And even if its your mother tongue, typos do happen, don't they :D

Firefox also has tabbed browsing feature, which enables you to open several topics and sections of IF at the same time. For example, you can open a tab to check your PMs, another tab to read a post, and a third to start a new topic. You can also open multiple external websites, which comes handy when you want to copy&paste, or post links or images to your post from those other websites, without leaving IF and without having to open any other browser window.

If you haven't installed Firefox before, go to this (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/show.php/showtopic/35154"]topic[/url] to download it.

If you're using a version of Firefox older than version 2, you need to upgrade, as the spell-check feature was missing before version 2.

PropellerAds

Firefox 2:0 :D

I love the ''recently closed tabs feature'' We'll if your like me and accidentally close one tab, in which you were in the middle of writing an essay here on IF, it just recovers it for you.

Uncle dot...i just downloaded mozilla version 2 from your thread about the spelling checks yesterday...

I like the new features... :D

I was using the older version of Firefox before I read your Firefox 2 thread. Just downloaded it. Useful features :D :D

JazaakAllah kheyr 'ammu.

I use both :D..

Assalamu aalykum

Firefox 2.0

wassalam :D

Firefox 2:0 here too.

:D amu, I'm loving the spell-check feature! :D

salaam;

............ also to draw to your attention the fact that Firefox is Islamic Forum's recommended browser. Firefox browser spell-checks anything you type, and corrects your words for you.

I use Intenet Explorer....can i download Firefox?will it be a problem to have different browsers at a time ?

salaam;

will it be a problem to have different browsers at a time ?

Nope. Theres no problem with having both Internet Explorer and Firefox running on your machine.

Nope. Theres no problem with having both Internet Explorer and Firefox running on your machine.

walaykum as Salaam wa Rahmatullah

thanks a lot for the info :D

salaam;

i downloaded Mozilla , yes it's good but can't read anything offline :D

After disconnect the line , if i try to open any file , this message comes"Offline mode

Firefox is currently in offline mode and can't browse the Web.

* Uncheck "Work Offline" in the File menu, then try again.

Internet explored allows me to read files offline.

what to do now ?

Offline mode works only for pages that you already visited, it reads from your cache. Did you recently delete your browser's cache? If you're trying to view new pages, no browser can do that.

.. wait a minute, you said you just downloaded FF right? thats why. Your FF cache is empty for now, you need to visit some sites, then it should work offline for those sites. The more you browse, the more its capable of serving you offline.

FF works even better than IE in offline mode.

:sl:

I used to use mozilla firefox 2 but recently i heard of an even better browser called Opera. (was always there but i never heard of it till now)

Its been proved to be the must efficent browser in all criterias.

On this site shows you in the results which is the fastest browser for each (Windows, Linux, Mac...etc) - (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethowtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethowtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html[/url]

As for Windows which am using Opera is the best browser at the moment...

Brother Dot.

Have you changed anything Bro?

I'm on version 1.0.6 of Firefox. Last night it was fine but today. I cant post icons and the screen is awful and basic.

Have you changed anything?

Fi'ameen Allah

I guess you over-estimate my powers brother, lol..

Its probably your connection getting slow at times. Just click the reload button, or hit F5, and insha'Allah it will show fine.

Firefox 2.0.0.3, its the newest one!

Edited by hira

I've been using Firefox for quite a while... At the moment I am using Firefox 2.0.0.2. I personally thinks its the best browser... I love the tabs!

sallam aleekom

brothers

check out opera =)

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetopera(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/products/desktop/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetopera(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/products/desktop/[/url]

what i like in opera is speed dial =)

try it out .