Islamic Forum
Ahsan

Hamas Calls For New Wave Of Terror Attacks

Senior Hamas members called yesterday on the organization's military wing to resume suicide terror attacks in israel. And Khaled Meshal, the head of Hamas' political bureau, said, at a press conference in Damascus, that the temporary halt to such attacks in israel had come to an end.

Hamas' military wing was free to act and choose its response in keeping with the developments in the field, Meshal said.

"All Palestinian groups are urged to activate resistance despite the difficult situation on the ground. Our confidence in our military wing to respond is great," Meshal said.

Islamic Jihad, which never accepted the cease-fire brokered by Abbas and Egypt, vowed to carry out suicide bombings in response to the Beit Hanun strike.

Leaflets distributed yesterday in Gaza, and attributed to Fatah's Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades organization, also called for the resumption of terror attacks in israel.

Hamas' military wing also decried Washington's "political and financial support" for israel, and appeared to call on Muslims to attack U.S. targets, urging them "to teach the American enemy harsh lessons".

Haaretz Correspondent and Agencies

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.haaretz(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/hasen/spages/785645.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.haaretz(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/hasen/spages/785645.html[/url]

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

It is wrong to chose suicide bombings as the first option and to plan them beforehand. This will kill more Muslims unnecessary and they send them to kill themselves, but the leaders stay home.

U.S. Targets, huh? That is a very open-ended statement. Some miguided palestinian militant somewhere will end up killing innocent americans based on this order, and as a result the world will continue to see the palestinians as violent terrorists, and will thus continue to give them little sympathy.

Many muslims on this forum don't like it when non-muslims describe this situation as a vicious cycle, because they believe that "their side" is absolved of any responsibility for the on going violence. Unfortunately, vicious cycle is the only phrase that comes to mind.

lol, hamas attacks are TERROR, what label this newspaper gives to israeli attacks?

Why are you so worked up on what something is called. Let's anlyse what is actually happening. israel claimed this attack was due to to error, when israel kills civilians it is because they have made a mistake, or managed to hit civilians in an attack aimed for militants. When Hamas kill civilians it is because their plans have worked.

Now just because israel's aims aren't to kill civilians, that doesn't detract from the fact that they do kill civilians. So how can we stop this? Hypothetically, an end to violence by those who oppose israel would be a first, and it would remove any reason for israel to try to stop them. Then we could see how israel would react in a climate where no one is trying or calling for her destruction. I know this is impossible, so how can israel twist terrorist into embracing a peaceful solution? Is it possible?

I have heard people say that an end to israeli occupation, an end to israeli violence will bring an end to Palestinian violence and aggression towards israel accross the Middle East. I see no evidence that this will be the result of israel adopting such strategies. Anti-semitism is rife in the Middle East and I fear that it is not only because of israel. The Protocols of the Elders of Zion are believe to be factual by many people, I have seen videos of schools in Gaza and what the children are taught. Holocaust denial is widespread. What hope is there?

and keep your justifications for killing innocents to yourself, how many time israel kill innocents by mistake? 365 tmes a year..

why is it ssooooooo important to believe in holocaust? plz enlighten me

Because it happened, and that is undeniable. If you deny it or spread the myth that it didn't happen, then you must have a motive. I think you can work out what this motive might be.

Some people deny the Holocaust, some claim it was some kind of Jewish conspiracy in order to precipitate the creation of israel (in a long line of mythic Jewish conspiracies). They do this because they hate Jews and israel and want to destroy one or the other or both. I have seen some of the rubbish that muslims are taught about Jews. Sometimes even learning that the Qu'ran supports claims that there can be no peace with Jews, there is no such message in the Qu'ran (or if there is it isn't one sided).

Peace

when israel kills civilians it is because they have made a mistake, or managed to hit civilians in an attack aimed for militants.

Mistake or no mistake, they have killed thousands of civilians over the years. What matters is that innocent people died, not the motives behind it.

Anyways, returning to the issue at hand, I am sorry that Hamas will probably resume suicide attacks against civilian targets, killing children etc. If they would target military personnel I would be Ok with it. Everyone has the right to defend themselves.....just not by killing civilians.

Peace

Peace

Mistake or no mistake, they have killed thousands of civilians over the years. What matters is that innocent people died, not the motives behind it.

Anyways, returning to the issue at hand, I am sorry that Hamas will probably resume suicide attacks against civilian targets, killing children etc. If they would target military personnel I would be Ok with it. Everyone has the right to defend themselves.....just not by killing civilians.

Peace

Peace

And also not by suicide.

:D I'm not sure if it is the same for everyone, but when this topic came up, the google adds at the top of the topic were "support our troops" and "support the military".

Hah, and now theres one that says, "Muslims for Bush"!

Edited by Russ of Vespuccia

And also not by suicide.

I agree with suicide attacks....but I don't know if it's haraam or halaal. Scholars differ on this issue. Anyways, if palestinians are desperate enough to risk going to hell for suicide, then it's their choice. what is important is that they are fighting.

Peace

Edited by anthony19832005

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

There is a difference between being in certain situation WHILE on the battlefield or if suicide operations are planned beforehand by leaders who do not go to war themselves.

There are situations where there is no choice than to risk your life in order to save the lives of other brothers and sisters. I just remember the movie "Independence Day" where the man was flying the plane with bombs on board. He wanted to jump up from the plane and let the plane go inside the spaceship of the aliens. He got stuck and he could not jump off the plane. He would die if whatever he does. Therefore, the just flew inside the spaceship and killed himself, because there was not other choice. However, he was struggling to get free, but when he could not then he chose to sacrifice himself so that he atleast destroy the ship. (I don't know if you remember the movie).

Here there is a leader who sits somewhere in Syria and HE decides to send Muslim brothers and sisters for suicide operations. If they have enough money to receive such bombs then they have enough money for other regular weapons as well. These suicide attacks are planned beforehand and those who die because of this decision do not even plan it. It is planned by someone who does not go to war himself or at least does not participate in such suicide operations themselves. They tell poor brothers and sisters to do what they don't do themselves.

The Palestinians have to endure all the fitna and now there is someone in Syria who does not live in their country and decides what their fate should be.

The warrior only sacrifice his or her life without planning beforehand. This is something that may happen spontaneously on the battlefield, but is not decided beforehand.

There is also a difference between going to war to be killed or going to war for victory and then there is a situation that happened during the battle where someone is killed.

If they would target military personnel I would be Ok with it. Everyone has the right to defend themselves....

It is a vast misconception to believe that Hamas are defending themselves. By sending in suicide bombers and killing israelis they only make their own situation worse. You don't defend yourself by slashing your own wrists. With attacks like what Hamas is calling for they justify the position of israel and give it excuses to do what they do.

Why not remove the justification and then see what israel does? Then the world could see israel for what it really is, correct?

Of course it will never happen. Hamas and their ilk are too bloodthirsty to let that happen. Revenge is more important than the future.

excuses? lol, israel don't need excuses, israel can do anything it wants to do, who will denounce israel's terrorism? just weak muslim countries? venezuela, or cuba? thats all? and when US is there to veto every single resolution against israel than who care for excuses?

excuses? lol, israel don't need excuses, israel can do anything it wants to do, who will denounce israel's terrorism? just weak muslim countries? venezuela, or cuba? thats all? and when US is there to veto every single resolution against israel than who care for excuses?

Try and think about the point Livius raised. He was talking about how Palestinian terror is the only reason israel has to attack Palestinians. There has never been a time where israel hasnt been under attack or the subject of terror, so I can't understand how you could say that israel doesn't need a reason, when there has never been a point in time when they haven't had one!

Peace

He was talking about how Palestinian terror is the only reason israel has to attack Palestinians.

Palestinian terror is just an excuse. The israelis cleverly have imprisoned the palestinians knowing full well the anger created by this will create terror attacks which in turn will give them legitimacy to confiscate more palestinian land in violation of 1967 borders.

And yes, I remember Independence Day, but I still support palestinian suicide bombers if they only target combatants.

Peace

Peace

... but I still support palestinian suicide bombers if they only target combatants.Peace

When has that ever happenened ? It's always on a bus or at a shopping mall.

When has that ever happenened ? It's always on a bus or at a shopping mall.

True, I agree. Remember I said the palestinians are like caged animals and this is how caged animals act...it has nothing to do with Islam.

A psychologist can better explain their mindset when they blow themselves up targetting civilians.

Peace

Edited by anthony19832005

...Hamas' military wing also decried Washington's "political and financial support" for israel, and appeared to call on Muslims to attack U.S. targets, urging them "to teach the American enemy harsh lessons"...

So I guess, using that logic, it would be proper for Americans to attack anything Iranian or Syrian or Saudi or...

Peace

Palestinian terror is just an excuse. The israelis cleverly have imprisoned the palestinians knowing full well the anger created by this will create terror attacks which in turn will give them legitimacy to confiscate more palestinian land in violation of 1967 borders.

I will believe that when the "excuse" has been removed. What you have said sounds like a conspiracy theory. Your view of the situation is all based on speculation and possible motives. Do you honestly think that this is all some kind of israeli masterplan?

Peace

it's not a conspitacy theory, just simple politics. Drive the enemy insane knowing full well what he will probably do, then use that as an excuse to opress him even more.

Peace