Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Muhsinmuttaqi

A Beautiful Story

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

Beautiful Story!

Let me tell you a true story about a member of the Islamic Center of El Paso, Texas, USA and his entire family. This brother told me the story and he also told this story to others during halaqa. I am just summarizing what he said. Unfortunately, I do not remember all the details of the story but I tell you what I know. This little information is already enough to be inspiring for someone like you and me.

==============================

===========

This brother (Umar) said:

Brother Umar was about 13 years old and he was a Catholic teenager. His whole family was a Catholic family and they are Hispanic from Mexico. Brother Umar had an uncle who at then time could not imagine what might happen because of his effort. They lived are regular life as Catholics.

The uncle of Umar had been studying about Islam and he had been interested in learning about this beautiful religion. His love for Islam had been increasing with time. In the time when Umar was around 13 years old, this uncle, brother Salim, converted to Islam. He immediately started making dawah to his family.

One time, there was an incident with one of his family members. Brother Salim decided to throw all of the beer and alcohol beverages into the trash. He even did not leave on can behind. This firstly caused a dispute between him and his family member(s), but his also opened the door for conversation and dawah. Brother Salim said to them that they should not refuse taking the Shahada just because of the alcohol issue. The goal of the Brother Salim was that they convert to Islam. The family altogether was pretty open-minded. They did not treat him badly. He told them that it is ok that they refuse to stop drinking alcohol, but he asked them to join Islam. He said: "You can drink how much as you want, but please say the shahada". He did not give permission to drink but his first goal was that they become Muslim. Through Islam they may change their attitude towards alcoholic beverages.

Guess, who was the first person who accepted Islam after a great effort of this Brother Salim?

Believe it or not: It was the grandmother. This grandmother who grew up and practices Catholicism all her life chose Islam as her religion. This was a very, very important success for Brother Salim, by Allah's leave. This grandmother was very respected, just like Sa'd ibn Mu'ad among the Ansari (Khasraj or Aus). The effort of Brother Salim was fruitful. The Islam of the grandmother was the reason for the Islam of many other family members including Brother Umar who is now president of the Islamic Center.

Do you know what? The entire family became Muslim. They were about 60 family members and they get offspring regularily. The family is growing fast and this family became the stronghold of the whole Islamic Community.

One time in the Masjid, I was surprised that there were men and women mingling and I thought they are not allowed to do that. They were all mahram and they were from one family.

Sometimes, I am jealous toward brother Salim because he will receive for every good that comes from his family members and those who benefit from each family member. He planted a tree and everyone is benefitting from that. I don't know how many family members are there now in my town and there may be even members who live in other parts of the US and call others to Islam with success.

I wished I could be a light for my own family.

Usually, we here that the kuffar family rejects the son or daughter or any family member because of Islam, but here we have a situation where all of them became Muslim. Now, they are a big Muslim family. When you have the whole family on your side then this is the best protection on earth, alhamdulillah. They are all practicing Muslims. I did not see one of them who are not practicing. They are always in the Masjid. If just the family members are in the Masjid then it is already full.

I love to tell you this story because usually we hear how family members are treated badly and this may cause sadness and depression and frustration in our hearts. This story is really relieving and makes me feel good and releases me from the frustration. I know from this that it is possible to invite people to Islam and we have to be patient while doing dawah.

The effort of one Brother can make a great difference. This brother Salim was not even a scholar and his knowledge was limited but he was able to convince his entire family and through his effort Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala granted him to be the light for his family. The entire family converted to Islam. :D Crying our of Happiness!

By the way, masha'Allah, they don't touch alcohol anymore. Their Islam totally changed their attitude towards alcoholic drink. They don't drink that stuff anymore. Brother Salim hoped that through Islam they avoid alcohol and this happened.

Salam

Edited by muhsinmuttaqi

PropellerAds

Firstly, I wanted to make a poll but then decided not to but somehow I did not delete it. Now, I cannot delete it myself. (un means unbeneficial)

Now, I cannot delete it myself.

:D

Poll deleted.

:D for taking time out to share this brother muhsinmuttaqi. May Allaah :D keep all muslims steadfast. Aameen

Masha'Allah!

It's stories like this that can brighten up anyone's day!

May Allah grant them all Jannatul-Firdous so they can live together eternally in bliss together. :D

Asalamu Alaikum,

Subhannallah, that is a beautiful story! May Allah bless them all and guide them to continue growing in their Islam. Jazak Allah Khair for sharing!

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

Beautiful Story!

Let me tell you a true story about a member of the Islamic Center of El Paso, Texas, USA and his entire family. This brother told me the story and he also told this story to others during halaqa. I am just summarizing what he said. Unfortunately, I do not remember all the details of the story but I tell you what I know. This little information is already enough to be inspiring for someone like you and me.

salaam:

i am so grateful to Allah for allowing me the knowledge of this story...and may you be Bleseed for telling it.

I am so pleased because this story tells me my flaw..my weakness..

this story points out to me the root cause for my displeasure with myself.

this story shows me that LOVE is the reason for the entire family's conversion..it was the love in brother umar's pleas that (probably)attracted the grandmother..and then the entire family.

it was definetly the love in umar's heart that was accepted and the entire family reverted to Islam

jazakallah khair many time for posting this story Allah akbar and now they are all muslim

may Allah swt help us in this dunia and akkhriah and give us all jannah al firduas

ameen

Assalamu Alaykum

Please, make du'aa for brother Salim who is the one who started to invite them to Islam and succeeded in such a wonderful manner. He is going to have a surgery, insha'Allah, on his throat. Right now, he is not able to speak, except through a device.

Salam

Wa alaykum assalam

InshaAllah, I'll keep brother Salim in my du'aas. May Allah restore his good health and reward him for his dawah and good deeds, both in this life and the akhira. Ameen

Massalamah

Assalamu alaikum

mashallah beautiful story indeed. ameen to the duas and may Allah heal brother Salim.

:sl:

:no: for sharing this wonderful story with us brother.

May Allah :sl: keep brother Salim and his family's Imaan strong. Ameen.