Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
believer6

Why Are They The Terrorist?

Assalam alaikum

I now that Islam does not promote terrorism but then why are these terrorist WHO do not follow the quran doing suicide in the name of Islam? In the quran it is a huge sin as well as punishment to do suicide but then why are some doing it?

The talibans are Islamic too but they don't follow the quran.

I been puzzled about this situation :D so if you can give me an answer i would appreciate it

PropellerAds

just because you think you are doing something for a certain idea, doesn't imply that you understood the idea at all. atleast thats my take on it.

Most major religions are up for interpretation and can be corrupted. If someone wants to be violent, whether they be Jewish, Muslims or Christian, they will find scripture to back them up.

Peace believer,

My thoughts are the same as 3dshocker and Livius. Those who do practise terrorism do it for purely political reasons, they also believe that they are Muslim's therefore they try to justify what they do in the name of Islam.

Difficult in America?

I am American and find that point of view common.

Assalamu Alakum

you may be right but i spent a long time trying to see why they are terrorist. My Muslim family said Islam promote terrorism but the terrorist are good guys.

My family is Muslim but not really knowledge in there religion. Some do now it does not promote terrorism but are clues to give a correct answer

Assalamu Alakum

you may be right but i spent a long time trying to see why they are terrorist. My Muslim family said Islam promote terrorism but the terrorist are good guys.

My family is Muslim but not really knowledge in there religion. Some do now it does not promote terrorism but are clues to give a correct answer

The next logical step is reporting your family to homeland security

Peace,

the response of the non muslims to this question has left me astonished, finally i think we are all getting somewhere

lol :D

glad to see you found that funny. Truthfully, I don't see what you can do about your family. All you can do is follow the quran the way you believe it should be followed, and don't let the fanatics tell you what to believe.

the response of the non muslims to this question has left me astonished, finally i think we are all getting somewhere

unfortuneately so far it's a one way street ~ I don't see too many muslims on this forum trying to understand the non-muslim side. I don't quite consider this progress~

Edited by 3dshocker

Peace.

Every faith should be followed by its teachings, not by the actions of its followers since people are easily corrupted.

Peace

The problem with most faiths is that the teachings themselves are vague and ambiguous, and the foundation of the faith is that goodness and salvation is to be found in believing in things without evidence. The foundational texts of the "Big Three" western religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) are all violent and barbaric, having originated in a time when violence and barbarism were the norm. Judaism and Christianity don't spawn legions of suicide bombers today because the fundamentalists in those religions have become marginalized by the educational systems in the countries in which they dominate. When the fundamentalists manage to merge religion with government power, the result is almost always evil -- witness the Spanish Inquisition and the witch trials. Religion is less of a threat in secular states, because people largely ignore vast tracts of their "holy" books.

unfortuneately so far it's a one way street ~ I don't see too many muslims on this forum trying to understand the non-muslim side. I don't quite consider this progress~

there are muslims on the forum that do understand the non muslim side of things but just like its pretty rare for the non muslims to say sensible things about religion the same way, now i speak for myself only i understand and agree to a point on some of the non muslim issues but at the same time the manner in which some non muslims potray leaves alot to be desired hence the end result is a lot of people poking fun at each others beliefs...

glad to see you found that funny. Truthfully, I don't see what you can do about your family. All you can do is follow the quran the way you believe it should be followed, and don't let the fanatics tell you what to believe.

Assalamu Alaikum

They are not sucide bombers. They were clue less of are religion. But they now know better since i talked to them about Islam is a peacefull religion.

there are muslims on the forum that do understand the non muslim side of things but just like its pretty rare for the non muslims to say sensible things about religion the same way, now i speak for myself only i understand and agree to a point on some of the non muslim issues but at the same time the manner in which some non muslims potray leaves alot to be desired hence the end result is a lot of people poking fun at each others beliefs...

unfortuenately I haven't been able to agree with too much on the muslim side since you guys are very dedicated to Islam. Since I'm in disagreement with alot of the things in Islam, and since your ways of thinkg are based on Islam it's only natural that I don't accept your views as being rational. I guess you feel the same way about us?

unfortuenately I haven't been able to agree with too much on the muslim side since you guys are very dedicated to Islam. Since I'm in disagreement with alot of the things in Islam, and since your ways of thinkg are based on Islam it's only natural that I don't accept your views as being rational. I guess you feel the same way about us?

I thought canadians were supposed to be tolerant of others?

Is that not the reason they claim moral superiority over so-called "ignorant Americans"?

Allahu Akbar

There is no God but Allah and Mohammed is his Prophet.

I guess you feel the same way about us?

in a way yes and in a way no

we all share one thing in common and that is we are all human so we should all behave like humans and respect each other more... :D

Assalam o Alaikum,

Why do we have to judge everyone? Leave it to Allah, the best judge. He is the one who knows what is in the heart, a person who is shaheed in our understanding may not be in Allah's view and vice versa.

I just find it hard to dis-own, denounce or debar such people.

Let me ask you guys, can someone define terrorism and then the term terrorist to me?

Terrorism is a method for fighting an ideological war which uses violence against civilians as its main tactic. A terrorist is someone who employs such methods.

Suicide bombers are terrorists. Men who kidnap and behead journalists, and film the murder to inspire their allies and outrage their enemies are terrorists. Men who pay kidnappers for journalists who can be murdered in this manner are terrorists, as are the kidnappers who knowingly turn over their victims to murderers. Soldiers who firebomb wooden residential areas, or drop nuclear bombs on unindustrialized fishing ports are terrorists. Men who fly fully-fueled jetliners into high-rise office buildings during business hours are terrorists, as are those who plan such operations, and those who knowingly fund them.

Terrorism is occupying land by un lawful means, by killing civilians in millions. Dropping 5k pound bombs from a height of 3000 miles, on merrage ceremonies, wiping out villages and cities. Land is occupied in the name of saving their own ideology, but, real reason is un known because nothing is achieved.

What I mean to say is that we can argue about the definition for days to no avail. Presidents of many countries namely Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iran, China, Russia, Seria, North Korea, etc have asked this question, they have asked for a definition of this word but to no avail. Enimies of the occupying forces are names terrorist by the media.

One thing I want to make clear is that it has no connection to religion. People in Chechnia, Palastine, Kashmir and now in Afghanistan and Iraq very clearly understand that they are not fighting a religious war. You can go through the agenda of these libration movements, nowhere it is mentioned that the establishment formed by these movements will be religious. They all want a secular state, not an Islamic state. One can only associate religion with such freedom fighters once their objective is to form a religious government.

Based on this we can understand that such people are using such tectics against occupying forces for the liberation of their state. They are frustrated because nobody wants to talk to them. They want to sit down and find a peaceful solution to these problems but occupying forces are not ready for this. Occupying forces want to terrorise and rule by fear.

Now, what is in the heart of a person dying as a result of this conflict, we do not know. Only Allah know, so, let us leave it upto Allah he will decide who goes to heaven and who goes to hell.

Edited by kasoo10

the guidlines on jihad (the lesser jihad, where we have to fight an opposing force) are very fine and strict, breaking these rules of jihad not only brings about sin but also nullifies that persons jihad.

now the rules of jihad are that under no circumstances do we harm any civilians, cut down fruit bearing trees, destroy farmland or farm stock, and when our enemy puts down their arms and comes towards peace then we have to do stop our jihad immediately.

so tell me then, where suicide bombing and killing non combatants or civilians comes into Islam?

this act of using shear terror and oppress people into submission was first used by the khawarij agaisnt the muslims, so in actual fact we were the first or one of the first to suffer from terrorism. it is because of these khawarij that Islam split into many sects, and i wouldnt even be surprised if the modern day khawarij are actually the terrorists that give the west an excuse to go n invade muslim lands.