Islamic Forum
anthony19832005

Afghanistan's Imminent Uprising

Barely a year after George W. Bush hailed them as a beacon of democracy, members of Afghanistan's parliament have said they regret standing for election and warned that a nationwide jihad is about to start.

The MPs believe a mass rebellion against NATO-led forces will soon begin, driving the foreign troops out and sparking civil war. One politician even went so far as to tell me he would join the uprising.

Ahmad Shah Khan Achekzai, MP for Kandahar, said, "The population hates the government, hates the Americans, and hates their friends because they are all liars.

"Soon the jihad will start, that's right. The Americans and the coalition came to Afghanistan by way of the United Nations, but when they go into people's houses and search them it's unacceptable. They are acting against Islam and they are attacking innocent people.

"There will be jihad, I am 100 percent sure. It's against our culture, it's against Islam —if they want to come to our houses they need permission."

"The population hates the government, hates the Americans, and hates their friends because they are all liars."

The parliamentary elections of September 2005 were lauded as another key step in the country's transition from a war-torn nation ruled by Islamic extremists to a peaceful and moderate democracy.

But in the year that has passed since then, the Taliban-led insurgency has grown. In a series of exclusive interviews, MPs said this was an accurate reflection of public anger.

"If the jihad starts, of course I will join it —it's natural," said Achekzai.

His criticisms and concerns were echoed elsewhere. After the 2001 invasion, Mullah Abdul Salam Rocketi left his position as a senior Taliban commander and chose to become a politician.

The MP for Zabul told me, "When the Taliban came along I gave everything to them because I wanted the country to improve and the people to be safe. Then when the current government came along I gave everything to them because I thought they would make the country better. But I regret that. Everything is gone now; we have nothing. I regret it not because I am no longer with the Taliban, but because this government does not have the power to improve our country.

While all insurgents are usually portrayed as Islamic extremists, reality is not so simple.

"It's getting worse and worse and worse. I don't have any hope. But whatever is happening now, the people can't complain. If they make a noise the local governor will say they are Taliban or Al-Qaeda and get them sent to Bagram." Bagram is a US forces detention center near the capital Kabul.

He added, "I know, I am sure, that soon a very big war will start between the foreigners and the population of Afghanistan."

While all insurgents here are usually portrayed as Islamic extremists, reality is not so simple. Fierce anti-NATO rhetoric can be heard almost everywhere in Afghanistan now. Even moderates who support the presence of foreign troops admit a catastrophe is on the horizon.

With his well-pressed suit and smart tie, Mohammad Hashem Watanwall would look perfectly at home in the House of Commons. But the MP for Uruzgan has some dire warnings for the future.

"There is a big fire under the earth. It's like a volcano and soon it will explode," he said.

"It will explode if everything continues like now —the corruption, the bad security, the bombing of civilians by coalition forces. Soon it will explode and people will stand up in the name of jihad and martyrdom if there are no big changes.

"Now in parliament the MPs are saying ‘Forget about Pakistan and the Taliban, why are the foreigners here?'. They are saying a thousand-headed dragon is here and it's the foreign armies. Just imagine, if the MPs are saying that in an official place what will a simple person in a village be saying?"

"They can’t finish the Taliban by killing them — that just makes more Taliban."

He added, "Now in parliament they say if you kill a foreigner, a non Muslim, and then you yourself are killed you will become a martyr and go straight to paradise. They see no difference between the military and civilians."

History serves as a warning. The insurgency that overpowered Soviet troops and Kabul's puppet communist government began with small rebel movements in the countryside. It developed into a nationwide struggle during which mujahideen battled against Russian troops and each other.

That occupation ended in 1989, but peace remained out of reach and from 1992 to 1996 a brutal civil war raged here. Watanwall said any new full-scale jihad would have the same result.

"Of course some tribes will fight each other; they will say you are Pashtun I am Tajik, I am Tajik you are Hazara, you are Shiite I am Pashtun. The civil war will start because of differences of skin, differences of language, differences of religion," he said.

"Hazaras say they don't have enough positions in the government, Uzbeks say that, Tajiks say that, even Pashtuns say that and they have Karzai as president. Now it's ideological and with words but soon it will turn to violence. I believe if the international forces and the government don't take any strong steps then soon it will start and it could get as bad as Iraq."

Achekzai and Rocketi, the MPs for Kandahar and Zabul, provided a foretaste of this when they told me that Pashtuns deserved more positions in the government.

Only one way to halt the slide seems to remain. All those interviewed said discussions should be held with the Taliban. These talks would take place with the goal of giving some insurgent leaders posts in the government.

Rocketi said, "They can't finish the Taliban by killing them — thatjust makes more Taliban. If they want to kill me, my brother will stand up and fight and my cousins will stand up and fight. Killing is useless. The government must hold negotiations with the Taliban and the negotiations must be according to the law."

Even Gulhar Jalal, a female MP for the eastern province of Kunar, supported the idea.

But she added, "If the Taliban say they don't want women to work in offices, they don't want girls to go to school, I would say I would rather have bad security than the Taliban in government."

Chris Sands is a British freelance journalist and photographer who has lived in Kabul since August 2005. Before making Afghanistan his home, he spent four years reporting from the Occupied Palestinian Territories, Iraq, Kuwait, and the United Arab Emirates. His work is published by a number of international newspapers, magazines, and websites.

Source: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1163448413346&pagename=Zone-English-Muslim_Affairs%2FMAELayout"]IslamOnline-News[/url]

Salaam

PropellerAds

US will be defeated in Afghanistan: former CIA hand

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethindustantimes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/181_1884520,00050001.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethindustantimes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/181_1884520,00050001.htm[/url]

A former senior CIA operative who tracked Osama bin Laden for 10 long years foresees "an apparent American defeat in Afghanistan".

Michael Sheuer said the way ahead in Afghanistan and along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border "ultimately would lead to the defeat of US and NATO forces and the demise of the Karzai government".

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Nato should just pull out, immediately, and bomb Afghanistan each and every time it's established terrorists are training there. After the Taliban being in power for so long noone would notice the damage of the bombs anyway - it's not like Afghanistan has an infrastructure to worry about.

edit by admin:

this post violates forum rule #18, kindly read (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=boardrules"]here [/url]for details.

Nato should just pull out, immediately, and bomb Afghanistan each and every time it's established terrorists are training there. After the Taliban being in power for so long noone would notice the damage of the bombs anyway - it's not like Afghanistan has an infrastructure to worry about.

Yeah so its alright to spill afghan blood then aint it!

Its only a matter of time that these mujahideen come after nato, they might think theyre hard with thier bombs and all the technology but even with basic weaponry the mujahideen are kicking nato **** all over the world.

The sad thing is more and more civillians are going to die and in the western press we are going to read 200 talibans have been killed or something similair not about how many people have been killed by nato who werent fighters.

so we have a christian terrorist here, supporting US bombings that cause thousands of civilians deaths in the name of "collateral damage", My God, The American way, you need a solution? It is "Bombng", only sick, Pathetic creatures can think like this...

I write something similar to this, predicting same future (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=36888"]Death by thousand cuts[/url]

Die infidals and leave the land alone, there has been war since 5000 years in afghanistan... everyone comes and get defeated, such as gingiz khan, british around 100 years ago, russian and now americans turn.. inshallah..

I only advocate the killing of terrorists

Read your post once again: After the Taliban being in power for so long noone would notice the damage of the bombs anyway - it's not like Afghanistan has an infrastructure to worry about. <--- you worry more about infrastructure than the lost lives of the innocent people that may die due to the deadly bombs.

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Edited by Yasnov

I only advocate the killing of terrorists

So u support killing of Bush, and US army.. good to know that you hate these terrorists..

So u support killing of Bush, and US army.. good to know that you hate these terrorists..

No, as I don't see them as terrorists, I see them as freedom fighters. You probably don't see Taliban as terrorists, they can't be freedom fighters in the same sense - freedom fighters because they fight freedom?

lol, freedom fighters?

Kid, get some good books to read about Islam and muslims, increase your knowledge, read about history of afganistan, how Taliban came into power, read about civilian casulaities so far US did, read about what your freedomfighters did in Abu gharib, and Haditha massacre...

Anyway, FEEEDOM FIGHTERS?lol,

I have said it over and over here on this forum, the Jihad is gonna come, a bigger one; the whole nation will stand up. it hasnt started yet, but it will come; this time however it aint gonna be taliban, its gonna be the Afghan people, and when i say Afghan people i mean all Pashton tribes, its not just going to be Afghanistna in Choas, its going to be Pakistan as well, its going to be big this time; its gonna be HUGE.

Have fun bombing all you want for they will go to Paradise, but when they get you, you will burn in Hell; for you and your government invaded this land for no reason, yes no reason. if you would have really went for Bin-Laden you would have got him now, but these years proved that Bin-Laden was the biggest actor of this century.

No, as I don't see them as terrorists, I see them as freedom fighters. You probably don't see Taliban as terrorists, they can't be freedom fighters in the same sense - freedom fighters because they fight freedom?

Funniest. Post. Ever

Very cute

is Pakistan going to be attacked?

Sure, pakistan is made by british so it need to be wiped out from map.. so pashtoon can be re united again.. like how it was more then 100 years before..

British divided paktoon from afghanistan by creating a Duran Line.. so this nation is divided into three region, one is located in india, pakistan and afghanistan.. if they get united again then bye bye to west , pakistan and europe..

so this nation is divided into three region, one is located in india, pakistan and afghanistan.. if they get united again then bye bye to west , pakistan and europe..

To be ruled by whom????? by Hindus, since they would be in majority after reunification. Do you agree???

Sure, pakistan is made by british so it need to be wiped out from map.. so pashtoon can be re united again.. like how it was more then 100 years before..

British divided paktoon from afghanistan by creating a Duran Line.. so this nation is divided into three region, one is located in india, pakistan and afghanistan.. if they get united again then bye bye to west , pakistan and europe..

I am sick or reading this crap, now such thinking only make me laugh..

Stop living in world of Dreams..

To be ruled by whom????? by Hindus, since they would be in majority after reunification. Do you agree???

Lol hindus are only good at dancing. and they can be conviced easily..

I am sick or reading this crap, now such thinking only make me laugh..

Stop living in world of Dreams..

lol ur post make me laugh.. open ur eyes and find truth why pakistan was created and who created it.. i am not making stuff up, it's the white people who made pakistan for their own interest , they knew pakistan is nothing, they will do whatever white people tell them.. pakistan is just a joke, it should be removed as soon as possible.. and they are removing it, a new map was published by american army general showing how pakistan is going to be divided, chop chop chop..

the time is near and they dont need pakistan anymore so they will chop it..

just type in google divide pakistan...

Edited by Mercyonmankind

Lol hindus are only good at dancing. and they can be conviced easily..

So why do you find difficulty in convincing people other than Hindus???? Im sure they equally don't understand Pashto language. Hope you are not referring to the act of dancing as the medium of communication :sl: