Islamic Forum
Mehmood

Athiests Must Watch This Video

Assalamualaikum -(This means "May the peace mercy and blessings of almighty Allah swt be upon you all")

Please consider what I say with an open mind. Do not have negative connotations to what I will say just because I endorse what Dr Zakir Naik says and you dont. Lets start on even grounds.

Firstly, i expected the people to reply to have watched the whole speech. No real point on commenting on a video if you haven't watched it right?

I already said my opinion on this. He doesn't know what he's talking about. Why ? Because this is the argument that muslims use to argue in favour of wearing hijab. It rests on the assumption that people assault only slutty looking woman and that the rape is not planned.

This is false as shown many times before by independant studies. Example:

Lesson Plan I

Myth or Fact? A Survey.

Objective Students will be able to differentiate between myths about rape and facts, with 90% accuracy.

Materials Pencils and paper.

Strategy The survey that follows can be given before the unit on rape is begun to assess how much students already know. It can serve as an evaluative instrument if used again as a post test to see how well students have comprehended the ideas presented.

Myth or Fact?

Students may respond with a true (fact) or false (myth) response.

1. The primary motive for rape is sexual.

2. Rape occurs only among strangers.

3. Women who are raped are asking for it by the kind of clothes they wear.

4. Victims of rape are usually young, attractive women.

5. Rapists are usually one-time offenders.

6. Most rapists are between 16 and 24 years old.

7. Rape is not planned but done on an urge.

8. Rapes happen most often in the street, or alleys in the early evening.

9. Most rapes are not reported to the police.

10. In most cases a woman can fight off her attacker.

11. A victim can report a rape to the police without charges being pressed against the rapist.

12. Medical treatment for rape victims is not necessary unless the victim is physically injured, i.e., cuts or bruises.

Answers

1. False. Rape is an act of violence with domination a key factor.

2. False. Rape often occurs between acquaintances or dates as well.

3. False. Women no more want to be raped than a person who carries money wants to be robbed.

4. False. Known victims have ranged in age from 6 months to 90 years.

5. False. Since so few rapists are convicted they tend to repeat their actions.

6. True.

7. False. Rapes are often planned but the victim is left to chance.

8. False. Most rapes occur in the victim’s home. Most rapes occur between 8 p.m.-2 a.m. and more frequently on weekends.

9. True.

10. False. Most often a victim is caught off guard, is probably less strong and probably isolated.

11. True. If a victim does not want to identify herself to the police she can anonymously give a description of the attacker and details of the assault.

12. False. It is important for the victim to be checked internally as well as having venereal disease and pregnancy prevention measures taken.

Read the full article here (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum/units...81.03.06.x.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum/units...81.03.06.x.html[/url]

secondly, many of the Athiests that have replied have commented on Dr Zakir Naik himself and have undermined the man's credibility without justification. As you may have seen in the video, practically EVERYTHING that Dr Zakir said had a reference or a source. Apart from the analogies he used, everything else was either quoted from the quran, bible or other text. Hence, when many people who have replied call Dr Zakir stupid or and idiot without justifying why call for a baeseless post with no intention but to create doubt in the minds of people of his validity.

Not really. I have personally watched many of his lectures and have researched his biography. go to aswatalislam(contact admin if its a beneficial link) for more of his free lectures. watch a few and research about him and what he says. test his validity in quotation and interpretattion and you will find he is very accurate in what he says.

You see we don't have to know anything about someone to know that what he suggests is idiotic assumptions, these issues are too complicated to say that being muslim and following shariah will stop sexual assaults. Idiotic.

I mean why do you think the free world hasn't adopted some form of government like yours if it's so perfect ?

Well maybe because it's not in practice. Laws are made for certain times they are not written in stone.

Why did we, (Australia) abolish capital punishment because it does nothing to reduce crime. It only serves to punish innocent people as well as the guilty hardly a perfect Godly law. Since it does harm to people who don't deserve it then the koran is not perfect.

Firstly, did you hear his stats regarding the rape rate. if the punishment, which you fail to consider, is implemented will THAT not decrease the level of crime? I urge you to watch a few more mins of it. Secondly wearing hijab is not only Islamic it should be undetaken by christians or jews. For Christians i refer to 1st Chorinthians chapter 11 verses 5 or 6. it says that for the woman that does not cover her head, you should shave off her head.

I have already mentioned about the fallacy of rape with reference. As far as the bible proof for wearing it. It basically says to wear it when praying only. And most women just wear a hat in church.

Also think of it logically as you so like to do. Women have today become objects of advertisement. why include a woman in the ad for a car? why have scantily dressed women play on a bed when displaying the comforts of a bed on a game show?(im referring to the 'Price is Right' of Australia-most aussies will know what i mean). wearing Islamic hijab maintains a womans modesty and keeps the focus on her head, her intelligence and her skills. isnt discrimination in the workplace depending upon employers hiring females on the basis of how attractive they are an issue? Women are considered very special in Islam, much more valuable than diamonds or gold which are themselves caged from society in safes.

OK. Again you fail to fully justify your statements

I don't think you have justified yourself either, you need independant studies of actual problems caused by this kind of advertising. This is just a personal opinion. No real argument or validity.

I think it's cute and cheeky. It says there is nothing wrong with expressing sexuality. We don't need to go back down that road of sexual censorship like in the 1950's and before do we, (woman saying orgasm what's that). This is an individual choice made by someone.

Expanding on that analogy of yours then we should lock women up in the earth so that they can't move too should we ?

I refer to when many of the repliers have said the water cycle is an easy consept where water goes up then down. the water cycle is in fact a complex system of natworks integrating to allow for the supply of water for mankind. the water cycle is a vital asset to mankinds existence. the water cycle, i dont want to explain it here but research yourself by all means, was not understood at all 1400 years ago.

Someone commented on how what was revealed to be scientific was either mundane or obvious or reveleaed by other scientists.

Firstly, the fact that all organisms are comprised of water was not known 1400 years ago. the famous scientist Aristolte even rejected the existence of particles and claimed matter consisted of different proportions of 4 elements- earth water air and fire. this view was considered correct for over 2000 years!!!

lastly, some of the other miraculous mentions of planets in orbit and the spherical nature of the Earth WAS NOT A FACT 1400 years ago. Why didnt the prophet Muhammad PBUH say the Earth was flat,?why did he not say that the moon has its own light? why did he say that the heavens were once one and they have been blown to asunder? Why did he prohibit the eating of pork? Did you know that if pork is not cooked properly, ther are worms in the animal which afetr consuption will enter the human body. if there was a worms egg in the meat and you eat it, it can enter the blood stream which may enter the brain. the worm can live in your brain and inevitably cause death.

OK? Is that logical for you?

Like I said the Greeks knew the circumference of the earth and mankind has been watching the skies since the beginning.

How often do people die from ham and how often do they not cook it properly ? Times have changed you know.

the main point I am trying to make is why did the prophet Muhammad PBUH not talk about false theories which have been PROVEN wrong today?

He did, he mentioned many stupid false science stuff. I remember something about the shade of the sun on the earth, being one silly one. Also the scholars tend not to mention silly hadith and koran when trying to convert people.

As for you comment on how there are practices of Islam similar to jewish customs we know and aknowledge that. we muslims consider Moses and Jesus PBUThem to be true PROPHETS of almighty Allah swt and their message was also Islamic. However, their message was only for a certain time period and group of people. Up until the time of Muhammad PBUH the message of Allah swt was perfected in that everything delivered by Muhammad was for ALL of mankind. hence, the Jews not eating pork, the jews being circumcised, the Christians believing (or they claim to) in one God are all also incorporated in Islam.

Hence practices also being carried out by Jews or Christians is accepted.

This then does acknowledge that all the knowledge in the koran and hadith, could be copied from other religious texts and oral tradition ?

Also how divine is muhumud's message then ? When any idiot could have denied the christian god and made some civil laws up.

I hope i answered your questions

May the peace mercy and blessings of almighty Allah swt be upon you all

Assalamualaikum

I don't need no blessings, do they fall from the sky, are they chance occurances that are good and bad. ppffftt :D Prayer is the stupidist desperate thing a human could ever do. It makes me feel like a complete idiot. Thinking that a superbeing could actually grant me my wishes in timelessness space.

When a christian, hindu, bhudist, etc... are all subject to complete and utter chance.

Why do bad things happen to good people. It's a test.

Why do good things happen to good people. God rewarded them and answered their prayers.

Why do good things happen to bad people. God helped them.

Why do bad things happen to bad people. They deserved it.

All your arguments are jokes and fallacies :D

Edited by Real Truth Seeker

PropellerAds

Assalamualaikum

Firstly let me just say that you are on an Islamic forum. Keep that in mind please. Do you know what manners is?

secondly, all of your 'arguments' are again baseless and typical stereotyped opinions that under your classification would be considered jokes and fallacies.

I dont want to get into a debate concerning hijab with you because it seems pointless. Neither does it seem like you will seek the truth and neither are you saying any truth. Brother, I asked you in the beginning to keep an open mind. This is my belief and the belief of millions so you should understand that by trying to childishly emasculate the concept of hijab with your stubborn whims and fancies is USELESS. Mate, do more research, keep your mind open and think about what you say. :D

Why are you tying to give a reason for rape? There is no justification for a person to rape a person. That is completely unacceptable. The belief is that wearing a hijab helps eliminate the opportunity for such a dirty act to occur.

And like I said, why didn't Muhammad PBUH include the works of Aristotle or state that the Earth is flat???? Whys is a HINT, not a 50 page essay, but a hint of the BIG BANG theory evident in the holy quran???? please answer my questions i need your validification :D :D

Hope i answered your question :D B)

May the peace mercy and blessings of Almighty Allah swt be upon you all

w/s

Edited by Mehmood

Assalamualaikum

Firstly let me just say that you are on an Islamic forum. Keep that in mind please. Do you know what manners is?

secondly, all of your 'arguments' are again baseless and typical stereotyped opinions that under your classification would be considered jokes and fallacies.

I dont want to get into a debate concerning hijab with you because it seems pointless. Neither does it seem like you will seek the truth and neither are you saying any truth. Brother, I asked you in the beginning to keep an open mind. This is my belief and the belief of millions so you should understand that by trying to childishly emasculate the concept of hijab with your stubborn whims and fancies is USELESS. Mate, do more research, keep your mind open and think about what you say. :D

And like I said, why didn't Muhammad PBUH include the works of Aristotle or state that the Earth is flat???? Whys is a HINT, not a 50 page essay, but a hint of the BIG BANG theory evident in the holy quran???? please answer my questions i need your validification :D :D

Hope i answered your question :D B)

w/s

Yeh I know what manners are. Do you ?

How about not being afraid to seek all angles on a topic, not just the ones that are hand fed to you. This is not rude it's just blunt and honest.

How about answering the questions, please be polite and considerate.

You ask for reasoning and proofs but when I or any other person produces it. You ignore it, like many other decent muslims on this forum who would tell you, you fall into the rude denial category. Faith should only extend to God but not to scripture.

Their so much evidence against your arguments but you don't even wish to read the proof right in front of you. It's just sad man. I'm just trying to do my part to educate naive muslims. Because I was once in dream land too. Total denial, but I broke away and you can too :D

Insha'Allah we can clear all your doubts with solid proofs, and help you understand how Islam is the true path.

Not true at all. :D Please keep with the spirit of the forum and decent human behaviour. Where are your solid proofs ???????

Real

Edited by Real Truth Seeker

Assalmualaikum

How about not being afraid to seek all angles on a topic, not just the ones that are hand fed to you. This is not rude it's just blunt and honest.

What angles?Your personal individual view on how people should dress or interpret texts? Scholarly findings and referenced sources are what any muslim including myself consider.

You ask for reasoning and proofs but when I or any other person produces it. You ignore it,.

What PROOFS or REASONINGS have you produced? So far, there haven't been any references or quotations, ONLY OPINIONS. Give the reasonings now.

Im not sure you understand how to educate us naive muslims you 'met' online

So far you haven't answered any of my questions.

Hope i answered your question

w/s

Assalmualaikum

What angles?Your personal individual view on how people should dress or interpret texts? Scholarly findings and referenced sources are what any muslim including myself consider.

You ask for reasoning and proofs but when I or any other person produces it. You ignore it,.

What PROOFS or REASONINGS have you produced? So far, there haven't been any references or quotations, ONLY OPINIONS. Give the reasonings now.

Im not sure you understand how to educate us naive muslims you 'met' online

So far you haven't answered any of my questions.

Hope i answered your question

w/s

Scholarly muslims do not use western science and studies to find the real causes of crime. They just use koran or hadith without any real study into these complex issues.

This is my reasoning, my proof. Look at any physcology book and they will tell you the same thing.

Such as:

Q1. The primary motive for rape is sexual.

A1. False. Rape is an act of violence with domination a key factor.

Isn't this the main reason that muslims use when saying why they wear the hijab/nikab ?

Which is based on false assumptions. You see Muhumud's idea's on this issue are too simplified. I thought it would reduce assualts too, it seemed logical. If you haven't looked at the latest studies on the issue of abuse.

Lesson Plan I

Myth or Fact? A Survey.

Objective Students will be able to differentiate between myths about rape and facts, with 90% accuracy.

Materials Pencils and paper.

Strategy The survey that follows can be given before the unit on rape is begun to assess how much students already know. It can serve as an evaluative instrument if used again as a post test to see how well students have comprehended the ideas presented.

Myth or Fact?

Students may respond with a true (fact) or false (myth) response.

1. The primary motive for rape is sexual.

2. Rape occurs only among strangers.

3. Women who are raped are asking for it by the kind of clothes they wear.

4. Victims of rape are usually young, attractive women.

5. Rapists are usually one-time offenders.

6. Most rapists are between 16 and 24 years old.

7. Rape is not planned but done on an urge.

8. Rapes happen most often in the street, or alleys in the early evening.

9. Most rapes are not reported to the police.

10. In most cases a woman can fight off her attacker.

11. A victim can report a rape to the police without charges being pressed against the rapist.

12. Medical treatment for rape victims is not necessary unless the victim is physically injured, i.e., cuts or bruises.

Answers

1. False. Rape is an act of violence with domination a key factor.

2. False. Rape often occurs between acquaintances or dates as well.

3. False. Women no more want to be raped than a person who carries money wants to be robbed.

4. False. Known victims have ranged in age from 6 months to 90 years.

5. False. Since so few rapists are convicted they tend to repeat their actions.

6. True.

7. False. Rapes are often planned but the victim is left to chance.

8. False. Most rapes occur in the victim’s home. Most rapes occur between 8 p.m.-2 a.m. and more frequently on weekends.

9. True.

10. False. Most often a victim is caught off guard, is probably less strong and probably isolated.

11. True. If a victim does not want to identify herself to the police she can anonymously give a description of the attacker and details of the assault.

12. False. It is important for the victim to be checked internally as well as having venereal disease and pregnancy prevention measures taken.

Read the full article here (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum/units...81.03.06.x.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum/units...81.03.06.x.html[/url]

This is taught at a University level, meaning it is very accurate and accepted by many independant Dr's of the field.

Please show me real evidence for your claims.

Otherwise this is just yours or someone else's opnion (Muhumud's).

Now the question I put to you is.

Do you believe an Arab man who lived in the desert, did a bit of travelling, married 9 women and a minor. (When the koran said "only marry up to four"). i.e. Didn't lead by example.

Or the independant studies of some of the most intelligent people in their field, which is verified over and over again as being accurate (third party persective's included) ?

Regarding the miracle (not) about the salty and fresh water koranic ayah.

It's false too, why, because in some places it does keep seperated, you can actually drink the fresh water from the top of the ocean in some places of the world. But eventually it does mix. And become salt water but not as salty.

Seawater

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Annual mean sea surface temperature for the World Ocean. Data from the World Ocean Atlas 2001.

Seawater is water from a sea or ocean. On average, seawater in the world's oceans has a salinity of ~3.5%, or 35 parts per thousand. This means that for every 1 litre (1000 mL) of seawater there are 35 grams of salts (mostly, but not entirely, sodium chloride) dissolved in it.

Seawater can be turned into drinkable (potable) water by one of a number of desalination processes, or by diluting it with fresh water to reduce the salinity.

So salt water can be diluted to reduce the salinity of the salt water to eventually become drinkable. Therefore it does mix.

In an estuary it would be easy enough to taste the water meeting the ocean to see if it's salty or not.

Muhumud could of heard of this from people who have found that this can be done. :D

Real

Assalamalakum

OK bro i understand what you are saying. But i dont think you understand what i am telling you. not wearing a hijab is not a justification for the dirty act of rape. however, one benefit from wearing the hijab is that it is a means to which the message of a woman diplaying the fact that she is not to be meddled with or considered an object is conveyed. It reinforces the message constantly to society.

As well as this, the hijab maintains a womans modesty and on the foremost, we muslims believe that the most crucial reason for a female to wear a hijab is to please Allah swt. Simple and logical.

I hope you understand what I am saying. There is basically NO justification for a person to commit the crime. The motives get psychological and mental and deal with the individual.

Is that clear?

Secondly, the quran doesnt go in depth behind explaing the physics as to why the waters at the point of intersection dont mix, rather it illuminates as to the presence of such a phenomenon, where two bodies of water meet and there they do not mix. Why include this? Rivers are vitalecosystems today and were crucial 1400 years ago for the provision of fresh water. Just answer this, why arent rivers salty 1 or 2 kms in?

Thirdly, the prophet Muhammad PBUH married 9 prior to revealing the ayat preveting men from marryiong more than 4. He also married widows and disadvantaged women to lead by example. The minor you are talking about was i think 13 (bibi aisha)from the top of my head and only TODAY is that considered abnormal. At the context of the time of the Prophet PBUH it was a different matter.

Again I urge you to do your reseasrch before spreading LIES about Islam please.

So far you STILL haven't answered my questions

I Hope i answered your question

w/s

Assalmaualikum

So salt water can be diluted to reduce the salinity of the salt water to eventually become drinkable. Therefore it does mix.

hahahaha. if you add a teaspoon of salt to a 100 kL tank of water, will it become salty? Its pH, salt conent will be affected to the effect of basically 0.

Do you believe an Arab man who lived in the desert, did a bit of travelling, married 9 women and a minor. (When the koran said "only marry up to four"). i.e. Didn't lead by example.

Or the independant studies of some of the most intelligent people in their field, which is verified over and over again as being accurate (third party persective's included) ?

Firstl, thats the point. Muhammad PBUH was a simple illiterate man. However he was able to convey such a strong a flawless message to the entire of MANKIND. PLEASE READ MORE OF HIM.

As i said before, such learned 'intelligent' scientists have been proven wrong all the time up till now. theories are always proposed and many shown to be false. there is nothing wrong with modern science, yet does it explain why or how people wake up from there sleep? the answer is NO.

I Hope i answered your question

w/s

Edited by Mehmood

wearing hijab is not only Islamic it should be undetaken by christians or jews. For Christians i refer to 1st Chorinthians chapter 11 verses 5 or 6. it says that for the woman that does not cover her head, you should shave off her head.
Fortunately, western society doesn't adopt every silly law that appears in an ancient book; if it did, we'd have to execute children who cursed their parents (Leviticus 20:9).

wearing Islamic hijab maintains a womans modesty and keeps the focus on her head, her intelligence and her skills. isnt discrimination in the workplace depending upon employers hiring females on the basis of how attractive they are an issue? Women are considered very special in Islam, much more valuable than diamonds or gold which are themselves caged from society in safes.
If I'm not mistaken, women are not allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia, so it seems to me the intent is more likely to be oppression than honor. I believe it's meant to reinforce the idea that a woman is the property of her father, and then becomes the property of her husband.

If a woman chooses to wear the hijab, it's her choice. If religous men beat her with sticks for not wearing the hijab (as the Taliban did, while forbidding women to attend school), it's obviously not because they value her more than diamonds. Societies which truly value women encourage them to get an education and become all they're capable of becoming. They're allowed to vote, and drive, and learn. They're allowed to decide for themselves when they'll leave the house, and how they'll dress when they do.

I refer to when many of the repliers have said the water cycle is an easy consept where water goes up then down. the water cycle is in fact a complex system of natworks integrating to allow for the supply of water for mankind. the water cycle is a vital asset to mankinds existence. the water cycle, i dont want to explain it here but research yourself by all means, was not understood at all 1400 years ago.
The water cycle itself may be a complex system, but the litany of Quranic verses which Dr. Naik rattled off don't illuminate the complexity. They simply note the fact that rain falls from the sky, which is hardly an amazing scientific insight.

Salaams

Forget the hijab thing, or go here

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=32360"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=32360[/url]

About the thread at hand,how come no one answered my question?

Which was...

How come no one found all this science 1400 years Ago? :D

Peace

lastly, some of the other miraculous mentions of planets in orbit and the spherical nature of the Earth WAS NOT A FACT 1400 years ago. Why didnt the prophet Muhammad PBUH say the Earth was flat,?
Some have argued that this is exactly what he's saying when he says the earth is "laid out like a carpet". Where does he claim the earth is spherical? I've seen some recent translations saying he claims it's "egg-shaped", but that's clearly incorrect, and I believe the translation is faulty. Is there a verse I've overlooked where he claims the shape of the earth is spherical? This fact was widely known by the ancient Greeks, who even estimated its circumference.

the main point I am trying to make is why did the prophet Muhammad PBUH not talk about false theories which have been PROVEN wrong today?
I mentioned earlier his claim that there were "seven heavens", which obviously adopts the geocentric view that the sun, the moon, and the five visible planets revolve around the earth, each at its own level. There is a hadith which clarifies and reinforces Muhammad PBUH's erroneous belief that the sun orbits the earth, where he claims that at night it goes to rest under the throne of Allah. According to Muhammad PBUH, it only rises the next day because Allah sends it out again like His favorite dog.

Anaxagoras also described the sun as "a mass of blazing metal, larger than the Peloponnese (a Greek Island)"

Now if you think that Muhammad (PBUH) ripped off Anaxagoras then how come that bit was also not included?

I did not say, nor did I mean to imply, that Muhammad (PBUH) ripped off Anaxagoras. I simply said that others (Anaxagoras being one) had expressed the same ideas centuries earlier, which tends to blunt the claim that the ideas expressed were miraculous.

Well it must of not been that obvious because for a while it was thought that the moon and the other planets emitted their own light.

Hind sight it 20/20

you cannot say something was obvious a thousand years later.

It is obvious. It was obvious to Anaxagoras, who expressed the idea a thousand years before Muhammad (PBUH). Can you provide evidence that people widely believed the moon emitted its own light in 600 AD?

To me the existence of atoms are obvious but thousands of years ago or even two hundred years ago it was not.
It's not obvious to me today. I believe it to be true, because I know the science behind the theory, but from my own day-to-day experience, I'd be hard pressed to show why there can be no such thing as an atom of wood or an atom of cardboard.

The bottom line is this

If you want the quran to tell you the secrets of this universe then you are going to be disappointed.

The quran instead gives us hints at the nature of the universe and so far all those hints have not been proven wrong in the slightest.

Well, there's still (among many other things) that bit about the seven heavens. I still haven't heard a good explanation for that one.

Peace,

You know what the first thing I say to a Muslim is? I congratulate them. That's right, I say bloody well done, good job old man. You know why? Well you see Muslim's believe in the Shahadah, they believe that, "There is no God but Allah, and Mohammad (pbuh) is His Messenger." Well you see they get the first bit right! So congratulate them! Well done Muslim's for knowing the first bit but then just sort of messing up and adding a bit on the end.

Does this guy know how condescending he sounds?

Salaams

:D

^^^^^^my my some one has a Large Ego.

I think you inadvertedly insulted M. Naik bcaz th E-man ( Eoin) said exactly what Mr Naik did in tha video.

peace

Dr Zakir Naik is hardly an encouraging figure to inspire atheists. The man has absolutely no respect for the cultures he visits except his own. Last year, he actually made a lecture in New York stating that polygamy should be introduced into the U.S. quoting there's "too many females". He went on to insinuate that all women not married should be considered "public property". Apparently because he wants to reserve the term "private property" for the latter.

Regarding the rape thing; let's put it this way. For example, let's say I (God forbid) rape a woman. Law dictates that I will be put to death if caught, wouldn't it make sense for me to then kill her and dispose of the body? I'm sentenced to death anyway, it would make sense to cover my grounds and hopefully then she won't talk. Added clemency for not doing anything else to her would sure as hell give me incentive to not pursue with it, that's for sure.

The point is if I rape that woman and she still lives, the death penalty is not a equal punishment. The point is that she still lives.

::sorry for necro-posting. I just liked this topic. :sl: ::