Islamic Forum
Aaqib Ahmed

Requirements To Become An Alim

:sl:

I was speaking to my mother about becoming an Alim.And after a long chat we came to the conclusion that I'll teach myself the content required.

I was going to enrol for an Alim course but due to the financial situation I'm currently in I haven't enrolled.

So was wondering what the requirements were?

And what the exams consist of?

More information on Alims the better :no:

My mother wants me to do a Masters degree after my mathematics one.

I told her why not just study intense now and become an Alim within the next few years?

Learning more about Islam is my hobby.

I'm currently memorizing the Quran myself. :j: going great. :D

:D for any information you post.

I am going to expand on topics such as Aqeedah, Fiqh etc myself :D

Made myself a folder. :D

Showing me an Alim course content would be great?

PropellerAds

:no:

Having done some research, this is the content I'm going to follow:

Quran: (Tajweed), Hifz, Tafsir and Quranic Studies

Hadeeth: Introduction To Hadeeth Studies - Bukhari, Muslim, 40 Hadith Qudsi and More

Aqeeda- Islamic Belief & Doctrine

Legal Studies - Fiqh & Usul Al-Fiqh

Islamic History:*Seerah* Prophet Muhammad's & Other Prophet's Lives *Lessons*, The Companions

Please feel free to add anything you think I've missed out?

Where would I take the exams to become an Alim? :sl:

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

This question surprised me a bit. Pursuit of Islamic knowledge will always be beneficial and in my opinion is necessary for all of us but I think your intention should be reassessed. Make sure you are learning for Allah's pleasure only and not so other people see you as an Alim. (Im sure thats you intention but just making sure :sl:)

Knowledge isnt something you can just take a test for. If you memorize the Quran completely and learn everything that Imam [insert imam's name] said in is life you will only be a good reference but not a Scholar. You will be able to teach (and will be required to) but a Scholar is someone who can understand the reason to do things.

The correct way to learn Islam is to sit is to learn from a scholar who has an unbroken chain of teachers back to the Prophet (saw). Study until you are rewarded with a ijazah.

There are plenty of places where this can be done. If you have a tight budget go to Syria, Yemen they have 2 year courses for ~$3000US per year including accommodation, food etc. Your going to have to learn Arabic anyway as most teachers will only use the original Arabic texts. This is not an easy task for example the entry requirements to Dar-Al Mustafa is memorizing half the Quran and also half of Riyad-us-Saliheen (in arabic).

Dont let this put you off. Remember, the Alims are more loved by Allah then anyone else (apart from the Prophets).

I pray Allah makes this journey easy for you.

:no:

:D for the posts. :D

Firstly reason I'm asking the questions is cause when I looked up on "Alim" on google nothing really came up.

but I think your intention should be reassessed. Make sure you are learning for Allah's pleasure only and not so other people see you as an Alim. (Im sure thats you intention but just making sure

:D for the reminder brother.

May Allah keep all our intentions solely for the pleasure of Allah only,ameen.

Dont let this put you off

It hasn't one bit. :j:

memorizing half the Quran and also half of Riyad-us-Saliheen (in arabic).

Second part is *ouch*

How about english? :sl:

:D for the info bro. :D

Walaikumasalaam brother,

Learning Arabic is the first and foremost priority. Arabic grammar will help you a lot in understanding the Quran and Ahadeeth much better.

And then recite as much of the Quran as you can and keep a fixed time for studying the Seerah of the Prophet SallAllah Alaihe WaSallam and the companions.. Go for the authentic books that have the references dated to right places o.o Like at-Tabari [although you wouldn't take EVERYTHING at it's face value from any historic book that you are reading.. you need to check them up with other sources as well] And the best out here is Ibn Katheer's [ Al Bidaya wa an Nihayah] The Beginning and the End and has A LOT of valuable information from the beginning of the creation upto the end.

And then there are a lot of Islamic audios out there and I am sure you'd know about some of them. Like the ones by Imam Anwar al Awlaki and he has got the biographies of Abu Bakr and Umar Radhi Allah Anhum uploaded on halaltube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

You can try other scholars regarding The Fiqh and Usul ul Fiqh.. Like Yasir Qadhi And Yahya Ibrahim.. and many others that I didn't get the time to check but I am sure they'd be as good or even better Inshaa Allah..

Brother you may check out this site (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmediu.edu.my/content/view/17/28/lang,english/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmediu.edu.my/content/view/17/28/lang,english/[/url] Insha Allah it will help you to find out the curriculum

:D for your post sister. :D

:no: really helped.

Ok I'll add Arabic to my course content :j:

On 7/24/2008 at 6:55 AM, Aaqib Ahmed said:

:D for your post sister. :D

:no: really helped.

Ok I'll add Arabic to my course content :j:

Salam a'leikum brother,