Islamic Forum

As salamualikum

I have been logging on for a few days now and am happy to tell people about my journey to Islam.

As a kid i was raised mainly by my grandparents. My dad was a drug addicted alchoholic and mum passed away when i was only a few months old. My grandparents were fairly old fashioned as a result of this parenting i grew up with very similar values that an everyday born muslim may have for example - i never drank alcohol ( a combination of not wanting to be like my father and not wanting to upset the grandparents). My grandparents were very strong catholics, i on the other hand was never really comfortable with certain things in the bible.

My main issue with catholism was trinity, it never really made sense to me - i believed in one god and i couldnt understand why if god is so powerful cant we go directly to him and pray? why do we have to pray to him through another person?

For several years i struggled with these issues and didnt really associate with any religion. I knew i believed in one god but that was it.

When i was in my last year of high school a new girl came to our school. At first we didnt really talk or anything but she was friends with my friends and i would see her at social occasions outside of school. This is when i really bagan to notice her. She never drank, was always modest and respectful and seemed to have similar values to me.

Fast forward a few months and high school was almost finised. I dont know what you guys call it in other counties but in australia we have a "leavers" week after high schhol finishes - this basically means everyone gets together and goes away for a week and gets really drunk, parties - celebrates the end of high school/exams.

So i asked this particular girl if she was coming to "leavers" she said no. when i insisted that she come she told me that she is a muslim and that it was ramadan and she didnt really drink or go to parties.

Well i was suprised!! for the next few months i oftern thought about this conversation. I started questioning my own beliefs and searching for answers in other religions. I talked to a mormon friend and he gave me his bible - after reading it i still had the same issues as before - when i told my mormon friend this he laughed and said " you should be a muslim" he then gave me a copy of the quran.

That was the turning point in my life - i started reading the quran and i couldnt put it down, it was the most incredible amazing scripture i had ever read. All my questions were answered without even having to speak to a muslim!

After i finised reading the quran i decided to try and contact the muslim sister from high school to see if she could help me. She was the only muslim i knew! So i called her and she invited me over and introduced me to her brothers and father. For a few months i tried to learn as much as i could by going to the Masjid, asking questions and reading.

A little while later i took my shahada - that was almost 5 years ago and i never looked back

( ps- the girl from high shool became my wife a couple of years after i said my shahada)

My familes reaction is another long story that i will talk about on another day inshallah.

Jazzakallah for reading my post.

PropellerAds

:D

A bro that really touched my heart. :D

Allahu Akbar!! :D

Allah is wonderful!! :D

May Allah give u and yr wife a great future.Ameen.

The story was well sweet. :D

CONGRATS!! :D

Wa 'alaykum as salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Subhaana'Allah. It's amazing how things work out, isn't it?

Nice story brother. Maashaa'Allah also very encouraging. :D

Hmm......the mormon gave you the Qur'aan? lol wow, that was interesting...... I wonder why he doesn't revert himself. :D

And I was wondering if you'd end up marrying her! lol...maashaa'Allah that's so cool. :D

May Allah always keep us firm on the Path. Aameen.

Was salaam

:D warahmatullahi wabarakathu

Wow brother, just wow!

Subaan'Allah, Alhamdulillah! I am so happy to hear about your reversion!

Islam makes you feel content doesn't it, :D you and your wife have a long happy life together, full of increasing knowledge and Iman. Ameen

And so sweet how both of you got married aswell.

Sweet story!

JazakAllah khair for sharing brother.

Ameen to the du'as

As salaamu alikum brother and welcome to Islam, the religion of faith

Wow what a sweet story

By the way, see how true God's word is

Surath Noor Chat.24 V.46

" We have indeed sent down signs that make things manifest: and Allah guides whom He wills to a way that is straight.""

Salaamu Alaikum

Mashallah, Jazakallahu khair for sharing your story that was lovely.

:D / Greetings to All

MashaAllah a touching story of your reversion to Islam brother... :D

A sister mentioned about the Mormon giving about the Quran...I too am curious as to why he didn't revert...

But , the important thing is it has turned out well for you... :D

I am happy to hear that...Alhumdullilah

I also hope all things are okay between you and your family...and they too will see the truth of Islam...if not, InshaAllah I hope they will... :D

May Allah :D continue to guide you in the path of Islam...

:D / Greetings to All

As salamalikyum

It is really strange that my morman friend gave me the quran isnt it? I have asked him about this on several occasions and he maintains that he is prefectly happy with his beliefs but that everyone has thier own path to follow. He respects alll religions and in particular Islam/muslims as he thinks there is a strength in Islam that is rare with other religions.

He is in fact a missonary and is currently in training to become a priest. So keep him in you prays brothers and sisters Allah guides who he will

:D brother!

Mashaa'Allaah Welcome to Islaam dear brother, you have indeed chosen the true path and :D you will be greatly rewarded.

My familes reaction is another long story that i will talk about on another day inshallah.

We look forward to it :D I pray that everything is well between you and your family :D

AllahuAkbar, that is really nice news.

May Allah help you and show your morman friend truth.Ameen

Assalam Alaikum

Mashahallah.. Subhaanallah.. Alhumdulillah..

I'm very very happy for you :D

May Allah (SWT) protect you from all evils.. ameen

May Allah (SWT) guide us all on the right path.. ameen

May Allah (SWT) give us taufeeq to understand the Quran & Sunnah.. ameen

:D brother!

Mashaa'Allaah Welcome to Islaam dear brother, you have indeed chosen the true path and :D you will be greatly rewarded.

We look forward to it :D I pray that everything is well between you and your family :D

As salamualaykum

My grandparents were initally very worried about me when i accepted Islam, i gave then a few phamplets to read just so the knew the basic belief/lifestyle of muslims and also about the common aspects of Islam & christianity. After reading these articles they were happy and accepting of my decision to embrace Islam. They felt that we all believe in one god we just do it in diffrent ways. ( They also said they had talked to the local priest and he had assured them that i could still go into heaven as long as they prayed extra hard for me! for real! )

I became a muslim a few months after 9/11 so the rest of my family was convinced that i was going to run off and join the taliban! they were extremely hostile. I am the youngest of my siblings by many years so its not often that i am taken very seriously. They thought id was a phase i was going through. It was an extremely difficult time - most of my friends didnt understand either.

My father was disgusted that i had "turned my back on my fore fathers". So funnily enough the religious members of my family (grandparents) accepted it straight away and the athiests (siblings and father) hated it.

This behaviour continued over a 2 year period and i wont lie it was an extremly testing time

alhumdulilah my faith in Allah got me through. During ramadan they would constantly beg me to eat despite my many attempts to explain the reasoning behind it. My brother even got my grandmother to beg me to eat everyday!! imagine brothers and sister! the lady who not only raised my mother but me too! crying and begging me to eat when i was fasting.

I was kicked out of the family home for trying to practise Islam

Due to the negative behaviour of my family i decided for every ones peace of mind not to talk to them about religion anymore. I still practised the same just not in front of them. At least this way i would not loose them totally.

The turning point came when i decided to marry. Upon meeting my wifes family my family became understanding about Islam. They saw how real muslims behave and that they are really good people so alhumdulilah they began to look past thier steretypes about muslims.

My father even admitted to my wife that when he was young he had fallen for a muslimah who had rejected him and this was part of the reason for his hostility! :D :D

These days relations with my siblings remain akward and fake at best but thigns have come a long way since 5 years ago and inshallah Allah will soften thier hearts in years to come.

Mashaa'Allaah brother you already recognise that the opposition from family members is a test for you in order for the sincerity of Islam and the strength of your faith may be made manifest.

You have already done right in giving your family members pamphlets on Islam, the best thing you can do is to treat your family members with kindness and understand their feelings, continue to give them information on Islam and invite them to visit the Masjid Ask Allaah to guide them, make a great deal of du’aa’ for them, asking for guidance and mercy. Maybe your du’aa’ will correspond with a time when prayers are answered, and you will have the joy of seeing them become Muslims :D

Thanks AnthonyHowe for sharing. I love to read your story.

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Masha'Allah, beautiful story! May Allah guide your mormon friend and your father and your siblings.

brother howe

i don't know how to thank you..your post really helped me alot.... all i can do is just post here and thank you...

i was a non-practicing Muslim until i was 16 .. now i am 19.. and everytime i tried to practice Islam i was questioned all the time by my mother,father,brother and sister.had several argumanets with my parents,and siblngs, and my mther thinks i am unsmart because i wear the hijab.... well there is alot more( 2 of my mum's friend called me taliban).. and my dad thinks i will go 2 a madrasa learn some stuffs and probably blow myself up :D

thanks alot brother... you have made me understand what being patient is... thanks alot... thanks thanks thanks alot

may Allah bless you and your beautiful wife(A very romantic story though... :D )

SALAM!

may Allah bless you and your beautiful wife(A very romantic story though...
Assalam Alaikum

Yes! Sister.. I agree with u :D

May Allah (SWT) bless them both.. ameen

May Allah reward you with best of think on earth and heaven.

Your story is really beneficial.

As salamalikyum

It is really strange that my morman friend gave me the quran isnt it? I have asked him about this on several occasions and he maintains that he is prefectly happy with his beliefs but that everyone has thier own path to follow. He respects alll religions and in particular Islam/muslims as he thinks there is a strength in Islam that is rare with other religions.

He is in fact a missonary and is currently in training to become a priest. So keep him in you prays brothers and sisters Allah guides who he will

Great to hear your stroy brother...barak Allah feek :D . . . its strange i agree about that morman, but that recalled the story of the Uncle of the prophit PBUH who loved, cared and protected the prophit PBUH but also didnt say the shahdaa . . . we can think of all the reasons that stoped him form sayin it . . . but at the end its Allah SWT will

Salamalaik. MashAllah. A Very nice story. It touches me a lot. Sometimes, it become so strage to see the born Muslim people who never understand the teachings of Islam even they read the Quran daily. Alhamdlilllah, Allah show you His light. Then, its the time for you to share this 'gift' with all your friends who dont become a Muslim yet.

Yeah, why dont your mormon friend revert to Islam eh?

p/s: Hmm.. romantic story. Its so lucky to gain 2 loves in one time. The love of Allah, and the love of those who love him - your wife. :D

Assalamu Alaykum

Very touching story, may Allah SWT continue to guide and give us strength to deal with our daily challenges.

I am also thankful to Allah for having come accross this forum and finding muslims from all parts of the world sharing their experiences.

salaam

masha Allah what a beauitful story, may Allah grant you peace and mercy in this life and the hereafter. and thanks alot for sharing your story with us.