Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whitecastle88

Percentage Of Muslims That Perscribe To Radical Islam

PropellerAds

Peace / Salaams,

That is a very vague question and you will not easily find an answer to it. Exactly as bro Anthony asked, how do you define radical Islam? If a "radical" Muslim is one grows a beard, prays his five prayers and follows the sunnah, then I think that the percentage of Muslims who are considered "radical" will be quite high. If a radical is a Bin Laden follower, then you'll get a different percentage. Define radical please and then you might be able to research this better. Even then, I think that many who conduct the research understand the difference between the radical and mainstream Muslim. I do not think there will be any way to find accurate numbers for this research!

Did anyone make a study? I can say 1% or 99% depending on the people I mix with - how true do you think that is?

My Idea of radical is people like bin laden and his followers who belive in violence

This isn't specific enough. What type of violence? Violence against civilians or soldiers?

Edited by Younes Ibn Abd' al-Aziz

im not talking about war I'm trying to see more or less the percentage of Muslim that participate in terrorist activities like blowing up buildings or killing innocent civilians.

well, if you are talking about how many muslims support killing of civilians, than it is non, if someone is supporting it, than he can be anyone but not Muslim. And if you want to know about %age of Muslims support attacks on Coalition troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, than it may be more than 70%, just my Idea.

im not talking about war I'm trying to see more or less the percentage of Muslim that participate in terrorist activities like blowing up buildings or killing innocent civilians.

Salam bro,

As said, a person who commits those crimes has strayed very far from the religion of Islam. The Quran says that "he who kills one (innocent person) is as if he has killed all of mankind." So imagine how terribly mislead these so called "muslims" really are.

I really have no idea how many "muslims" attribute themselves to that sick and misinformed interpretation of Islam but it is quite low. There are some in Palestine (suicide bombers) and apparently there are plently more spread around the world (UK, Spain, and other various countries).

So if I had to throw out a percentage it would be .0001 % This may sound crazy but calculate it. .0001 X 1500000000 muslims = 150,000 muslims who are extremists/terrorists. Even that is a large # of people and i HIGHLY doubt it's even that high. So that's my guess (.0001%)

Understand that those people really are in the minority and MOST muslims view them as radical, ignorant, misinformed, transgressors, and criminals.

seriously those who blow up buildings and go around killing civilians aren gonna go around shouting "Hey babe i go around killing civillians and blow up buildings"

you can never get an answer for that.