Islamic Forum
Musafir

hard to make friends

Assalam-o-alaykum

I need everyone of your guys help because I have immigrated and now living in a new country for 11 months. Masaha Allah will be one year soon.

the problem is I feel so lonely becuase we dont really have family here and people keep to themselves in schools, I already finished high school but because we are here I have to do grade 12 again, Im so sad, all my friends are in uni, only Im behind, my parents and siblings are doing well, but I'm the only one unable to cope. I feel so lonely and would like you to pray that some happiness comes into my life. MY life was never like this and this is such a culture shock for me. This may not seem a serious problem but for me it is very serious and I'm unable to cope.

I can't go about living my life like this daily. Need your du'aas

Ma-salaam

PropellerAds

:D

May Allah Ta'ala help you to adjust and increase your imaan to help you to deal with the feelings of lonliness etc you are feeling right now. I know if must be hard, moving from one suburb to another is hard let alone a whole new country. Insha Allah if you, yourself keep making du'a Allah SWA will send a good friend to you so that you feel a little more at ease, humans are sociable creatures we all need companionship, dont feel that your problem is not big enough for anyone to care.

Out of curiosity which country did you move to, you never know maybe one of the brothers on the forum is living near you and can help you out.

Anyways All the best insha Allah

Assalm-o-alaykum

At first I was all excited to be moving to this country, but after living here and being caught up in the fast paced and busy life with not many people to associate with it kinda gets to me. I moved to Canada...Sister Leila Jazakallah for your valuable message I cannot express how much solace it has brought me.

Laterz.

ma-salaam

Salams,

man man, thats how i felt when i first moved to America from Saudi...i still have this feeling that i should move back...man over here life is really busy...people rarely get time to TALK!! which makes me sad.

well this is the way it meant to me( thats my fav line hehe)

you are gonna be in my duas...hope everything will go fine wid you...inshAllah.

take care, Fe Amaan Allah.

Edited by Desigurlforeva

Assalamualaikum..

Er? Sorry for disturbing. Brother, You'r doing grade 12 for the second time while your friends furthering their studys in U? Is that the main factor of your sadness? Come on brother.. Dont be so sad.

For all this time I always think the same thing as you ( and maybe our condition is quite same?). I supposed to sit for my form 5 subjects and do my SPM this year. But I dont. And Im gonna sit form my SPM on 2006 and that time, my friends are in their 2nd year in U. And I? still in secondary school. 2 years behind them all. Am I sad? Nope.. Why? Because there is no reasons to be sad. I can wait for the time and learn anything I want.

And in U, I only can learn the subjects tought by lecturers. Feeling sad doesnt help us at all. Just do everything we have to do. Allah gives us the best. So, maybe this is the best for you and for me too.

You have to find out something in your self now, while you have the time.

Sometimes, sadness drives us closer to Allah... :D

May I know, how old are you? Im 16.. Yeah.. Maybe we are not in the same boat anymore... :D

Sorry If I offend you directly or indirectly.

p/s: Er, maybe you think that Im such an immatured stud rite? Hehe.. Maybe I am... :P

:P

i had the same feeling brother and i can understand it very well.... but don't make it such a big deal. i know its very hard to be in a new place and then alone. it was hard for me too to make friends as i didn't like their ways and the kind of culute they have.... and also being behind in my studies.... but we have to go on with our lives. getting upset and looking back won't help at all. doesn't matter if u have to do another year extra at school, u might learn some new things. and try to make some good friends and keep urself busy. inshallah u will do well brother. only u can help urself get out of this situation :D

lol... i think its becoming a counselling room while brother had asked for dua... so ameen to all duas and may Allah give u strenght to go through this time :D

Edited by Grace_of_Allah

I'm 19 going to turn 20 when I finish school...awww man now tell that is bad!!! I already finished schoolin Africa, why dont they acknowledge my age, (sobs)

:D

bro.... I have got the same problem..... i know 20 is not age of finishing school.... but tell me is there any other way for u??? do u have any other choice? so just go on with it and years will pass quick that u won't even realize. Difference of a year or two isn't that big.. is it? :D

asalamu alaikum brother,

Insha'Allah you will finish your education and Allah will ease your sadness. Just think of all your bro's and sisters around the world who don't hav the chance to get an education. The age thing is all relative! Alhamdulillah i'm sure you'll be ok, have faith in Allah SWT.

Wa'alaikumu salam :D

Assalam alaikum

I agree with the brothers and sisters who have contributed to this forum. Yep it is human nature we all need companionship. Allah knows this, which is why the Prophets were shepherds! We all have felt like this at some point in our lives. I feel like it too at the moment even though I got lovely loving family with me Alhamdullilah.

I found that joing clubs and societies eg sports hobbies etc found me new friends with similar interests and participating in teams etc really helps!

As for being at school at 20. I went back to university at 27! I have graduated now at 33!

I was denied the PRIVELEGE you have brother. But Allah gave me the opportunity at this age.