Islamic Forum
Spartan786

Close To Converting

Hey guys,

I have a friend of mine who is always keen on hearing the things I tell him about Islam. He is from a christian family but he says that hes is trying his best to stop drinking (ever (not even a glass now and then)) and he said he has lost his desire for pork etc

He has even asked for me to give him a copy of the translation of the quran and he has asked me and searched on the web for ways to learn arabic so he can perform prayer if he does convert.

I think he is very likely to convert. i have told him about the jinn etc, which he was very interested in. I wouldnt mind seeing one for myself (not that i disbelieve, its just that would be cool) but i am aware that it can be dangerous to meddle in such things.

so i was just wondering if anyone had any tips for how else i could approach him with things about Islam.

k later.

PropellerAds

umm.... attract him through the scientific facts that the quran has revealed

show him the contradictions in the bible

clear all the questions he may have in his mind... ( dont hesitate to share with us either :D )

since he is from christian family,show him the respect that the quran give to Prophet Jesus and him mother Mary

By the way, tell him to check these versus from his very own bible, as it gives us the glad tidings of our prophet Muhammed (PBUH)

1 John chap 4 V.2

"Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God"

compare the quranic verse of surath Al Imran Chap 3 V 45

" Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah."

Muhammed is mentioned by name in the bible ( check the hebrew bible, which they call it as original)

song of solomon Chap 5 V16

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem."

The word Muhammedim here is translated as altogether lovely. which is actually the word Muhammed with im added. Im is the plural form of respect in the hebrew language

Muhammed a COMFORTER like Jesus

John 14 :16

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever"

I hope and pray, that these will help you

With all hope that he will come to the faith of Islam

Salam

Brother Vishah

Edited by vishah

thank you very much for your help,

i will do as much of wat u have told me as i can.

And i would just like to say how much i love this forum :D

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

Something on Sirah would be good to read, as it shows the background of Islam. (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.amazon.co.uk/Muhammad-Life-Based-Earliest-Sources/dp/0946621330/sr=8-2/qid=1166529539/ref=sr_1_2/202-0233026-3743074?ie=UTF8&s=books"]Martin Lings[/url]'s book is easy to read, but it'd probably be best to read it with a (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.mereislam.info/articles/A-Critical-Reading-of-Lings%27-%27Muhammad%27-SAWS.pdf"]critique[/url] because of a few issues.

Wassalaam.

thank you very much for your help,

i will do as much of wat u have told me as i can.

And i would just like to say how much i love this forum :D

cool

we love to here the feed back :D

yo bro, keep in touch

salam

Salaams

Why not just ask him to join Gawaher to find the answers

Peace

Salaams

Why not just ask him to join Gawaher to find the answers

Peace

yeah thanks for the idea, i'll ask , but i think he'd want me to ask on his behalf,

u know coz it'll make him feel a little uncomfortable or shy i guess u cud say, because hes not muslim yet and doesnt know wat u might think of him,

i know no one judges others here but anyway, i'll ask him :D

ok cya's later

Salaams

i think he'd want me to ask on his behalf,

u know coz it'll make him feel a little uncomfortable or shy i guess u cud say, because hes not muslim yet and doesnt know wat u might think of him,

I think he'll be fine :D , I personally think that people aren't afraid to speak there mind here bcaz (aside from tollerance), no on can harm him :D .

(let me see the hands of people who want to strangle....say.. Macko and can't? )

No , that' s not why I always have smart stuff to say :D , I'm just a loud mouth

in real life too :D

Peace

Assalamu alaikum, Br. Spartan786, I hope you will avail this opportunity of showing your friend what true Islam is and what true muslims are, and it would be good to take br. llogical's advice, and pass it by him to come and join Gawaher, who knows???

u shud also mention the illogical stuffs

like a woman cant recite quran infront of men

the wife beating

women and men cant talk...

theres more...

Sis. SarahH, There is no compulsion in Deen. You can do whatever you want, if someone stops you, tell them to mind their own business.

You want to read Quran in a gathering of men, go ahead, who is stopping you.

You want to beat up your husband, like you mentioned in another thread, Go ahead, try it, and deal with it.

You want to talk to men, do so, many women talk to men, no big deal.

There's more, off course there is more, please enlighten us.

May Allah protect us fromm all type of fitaan, ameen.

the wife beating

theres more...

Salam Sara,

May Allah guide you sister.

:D

He has nothing to worry about,we would welcome him with open arms inshallah.

And do our best to support and help him out always,inshallah. :D

I would inform him in a way that he can see Islam through your actions,as well as what you say to him,inshallah. :D

Teach him in a way that he will remember for the rest of his life,inshallah as he is close to converting give him a wonderful experience and help/support him always so that he is eased into Islam,inshallah.

May Allah reward u bro.Ameen.

Keep his interest engaged,use the Quran,the Hadith,the internet,books etc,

inshallah using different sources will prove to be helpful. :D

Inform/educate him about the hereafter,as I feel that is a very heart touching topic,mashallah. :D

May Allah guide him.Ameen.

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

the wife beating

theres more...

"like a woman can't recite quran infront of men" ----> This is so that temptation may not arise. Tempation is real and we must recognize it lest our ruin.

"the wife beating" ---> excuse me? Wife beating is not allowed in Islam! Here's a hadith:

Muhammad said "beat not your wives." Then Omar came to the Rasul and said, "wives have got the upper hand of their husbands from hearing this"

There are many other hadiths regarding the good treatment of woman and specifically the wives (the best of you are those who are best to their wives. So apparently there is some confusion here. The verse in the quran does not tell us to beat our wives!! We must study the verse carefully!

"women and men can't talk" ---> excuse me? Aishah (the mother of the believers) may Allah be pleased w/ her talked to men about religous matters and talked to them when necessary. She spoke to men in a modest way and not in an inappropriate way. And the men she talked to were different than the men of today (just an FYI). So as long as our intentions are pure and as long as we talk to the opposite sex for necessities sake, then we can talk to them. However, if we flirt, be immodest, immoral, talk to the opposite sex for no particular reason, then this is impermissible.

"there's more" ---> like?

Salaams

I think we are deviating from the matter at hand.

the wife beating etc is not going to help the guy revert, I

personally would recommend opening a different thread to discuss that .

peace

Assalam Alaikum

Brothers & Sisters, please be on Topic.

Jazaak Allah Khair

Brother if you need any support or any help with anything that will help your friend to convert,then let me know,inshallah I'm always here for you ok? :D

Feel free to PM me inshallah,with anything u need assistance with bro. :D

May Allah guide your friend to Islam.Ameen.

Hello,

At the moment im not at my hometown (family matters) anyway, because of this i wont be able to talk to my friend for a couple of weeks unfortunently everyone will have to wait for the feed bak, sorry, but this was out of my control.

i will start a new thread for it but, we did sort of get lost talking about other things in Islam half way :D

ok then, thank u all for ur support, i will open the new thread as soon as i can

Assalam Alaikum

This topic has been Opened again.

Jazaak Allah Khair

If he is convinced.. then why dont we invite him to take Sha hadah,,, and again, NO COMPULSION, its up to him

Salam