Islamic Forum
Subhaanallaah

.:: Favourite Islamic Stories ::.

Assalam Alaikum / Peace to All

Lets share your "Famous & Inspirational" Islamic Stories..

guest_main.jpg

I love to read Islamic Stories, it inspires me alot..

Jazaak Allah Khair / Thnx

PropellerAds

Lessons in the Waiting room

Author Unknown

Since last night my young son has been unwell. When I got back from work this evening I decided to take him to hospital despite my exhaustion. Indeed, fatigue for his sake is rest. There were many waiting; perhaps we will be delayed by more than an hour. I took my number and sat down in the waiting room. There were many faces, young and old, but all silent. Some brothers made use of the many booklets available in the waiting room. Some of those waiting had their eyes closed, while others were looking around. Most were bored.

Once in a while a nurse calling out a number broke the long silence. Happiness appears on the one whose turn it is, and he gets up quickly; then silence returns.

A young man grabbed my attention. He was reading a pocket-sized Qur'an continuously; not raising his head even once. At first I did not think much about him. However, after one hour of waiting my casual glances turned into a deep reflection about his lifestyle and how he utilizes his time. One hour of life wasted!

Instead of making benefit of that hour, it was just a boring wait. Then the call for prayer was made. We went to prayer in the hospital's Masjid. I tried to pray close to the man who was reading the Qur'an earlier in the waiting room.

After the prayer I walked with him. I informed him of how impressed I was of him and how he tries to benefit from his time. He told me that most of our time is wasted without any benefit. These are days that go from our lives without being conscious of them or regretting their waste. He said that he started carrying the pocket-sized Qur'an around when a friend encouraged him to make full use of his time. He told me that in the time other people waste he gets to read much more of the Qur'an than he gets to read either at home or in the Masjid. Moreover, besides the reward of reading the Qur'an, this habit saves him from boredom and stress.

He added that he has now been waiting for one and a half hours. Then he asked, when will you find one and a half hours to read the Qur'an? I reflected; how much time do we waste? How many moments of our lives pass by, and yet we do not account for how they passed by? Indeed, how many months pass by and we do not read the Qur'an? I came to respect my companion, and I discovered that I am to stand for account and that time is not in my hand; so what am I waiting for?

The nurse calling out my number interrupted my thoughts; I went to the doctor. But I want to achieve something now. After I left the hospital I quickly went to the bookshop and bought a pocket-sized Qur'an. I decided to be mindful of how I spend the time. That was my intention when I put that Qur'an in my pocket. How many people will do this?

Source: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.geocities(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/mutmainaa/story/waiting_room.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.geocities(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/mutmainaa/story/waiting_room.html[/url]

A Clever King

I will share with you a story which shows the clever decision of a youth on how to live this life. This story is only an example.

There was a country long time ago where the people would change a king every year. The person who would become the king had to agree to a contract that he will be sent to an island after his one year of being a king. So, one king finished his term and it was time for him to go to the island and live there. The people dressed him up in expensive clothes and put him on an elephant and took him around the cities to say goodbye to all the people. This was the moment of sadness for all the kings who ruled for one year. After saying goodbye, the people took the king with a boat to the remote island and left him there. On their way back, they discovered a ship that had sunk just recently. They saw a young man who survived by holding on to a floating piece of wood. As they needed a new king, they picked up the young man and took him to their country. They requested him to be a king for a year. First he refused but later he agreed to be a king. People told him about all the rules and regulations and that how he will be sent to an island after one year.

After three days of being a king, he asked the ministers if they could show him the island where all the other kings were sent. They agreed and took him to the island. The island was covered with thick jungles and sound of vicious animals were heard coming out of them. The king went little bit inside to see how it was and discovered the dead bodies of all the past kings. He understood that as soon as they were left in the island, the animals came and killed them. The king then went back to the country and requested the people to provide him with 100 strong workers. He was provided with 100 workers and he took them to the island and told them to remove all the deadly animals and to cut down all the trees. He would visit the island every month to see how the work is progressing. In the first month, all the animals were removed and many trees were cut down. In the second month, the whole island was cleaned out. The king then told the workers to plant gardens in various parts of the island. He also took with himself useful animals like chickens, ducks, birds, goats, cows etc. In the third month, he ordered the workers to build big houses and docking stations for ships. Over the months, the island turned into a beautiful place. The young king would wear simple clothes and spend very little from his earnings. He sent all the earnings to the island for storage. Nine months have passed like this. The king called the people and told them that "I know that I have to go the island after one year, but I would like to go there right now." But the people didn't agree to this and said that he have to wait for another 3 months to complete the year.

3 months passed and now it was a full year. The people dressed up the young king and put him on an elephant to take him around the country to say goodbye to others. However, this king is unusually happy to leave the kingdom. People asked him, "All the other kings would cry at this moment and why are you laughing?" He replied, "Don't you know what the wise people say? They say that when you came to this world as a baby, you were crying and everyone was smiling. Live such a life that when you are dieing, you will be smiling and everyone around you will be crying. I have lived that life. While all the other kings were lost into the luxuries of the kingdom, I always thought about the future and planned for it. I turned the deadly island into a beautiful abode for me where I can stay peacefullly."

We should take a lesson from this story about how we should also live our life. The life of this world is to prepare for the life hereafter. In this life, we shouldn't get lost into the beautiful things of this world and forget about what is to come in the afterlife. Rather, even if we are kings, we should live a simple life like our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and save all our enjoyments for the hereafter. May Allah make it easy for us all.

Source: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_groups.yahoo(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/group/TheMerciful/message/257"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_groups.yahoo(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/group/TheMerciful/message/257[/url]

:D

:D brother :D

I got one short story:

Reward for Helping Others

Ibn Abbas narrated, Once I was in a state of itikaaf in the Prophet's Masjid (Medina). A certain person came to me and sat down. I said to him, 'O so and so, you look sad'. He said, 'Yes of course, o fraternal brother of the Prophet. So-and-so has his due on me, and by the one who lies in eternal peace in the grave (i.e. Prophet Muhammad), I am not able to pay the debt' I said, 'Should I not talk to him about your debt?' He said, 'You can do so if you like' There upon I put my shoes on and went out of the Masjid. The person asked him, 'Have you forgotten the state you were in (i.e. itikaaf)?' I replied, 'Not at all, but I have heard rom the one who lies in eternal peace in the grave [saying this his eyes became filled with tears], said:

"One who moves to fulfill any need of his brother, and makes effort for it, will find it better than itikaaf of ten years; and one who performs itikaaf for one day for the pleasure of Allah, he will create a distance of three ditches between him and the hell - and each ditch has a width which lies between East and West, or between the heaven and earth."

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamcan(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/cgi-bin/increaseiman/htmlfiles/static/112811077895483.shtml"]Source[/url]

I got one short story:

Reward for Helping Others

Assalam ALaikum

Subhaanallaah.. Mashahallah.. Wonderful :D

Jazaak Allah Khair for sharing ...

Stay Sharp

Once upon a time a very strong woodcutter asked for a job in a timber merchant, and he got it. The pay was really good and so were the work conditions. For that reason,the woodcutter was determined to do his best.

His boss gave him an axe and showed him the area where he was supposed to work. The first day, the woodcutter brought 18 trees.

"Congratulations," the boss said. "Go on that way!" Very motivated for the boss' words, the woodcutter try harder the next day,but he only could bring 15 trees. The third day he try even harder, but he only could bring 10 trees. Day after day he was bringing less and less trees.

"I must be losing my strength", the woodcutter thought. He went to the boss and apologized, saying that he could not understand what was going on.

"When was the last time you sharpened your axe?" the boss asked. "Sharpen? I had no time to sharpen my axe. I have been very busy trying to cut trees."

Our lives are like that. We sometimes get so busy that we don't take time to sharpen the axe." In today's world, it seems that everyone is busier than ever, but less happy than ever. Why is that? Could it be that we have forgotten how to stay sharp?

There's nothing wrong with activity and hard work. But God doesn't want us to get so busy that we neglect the truly important things in life, like taking time to pray, to read. We all need time to relax, to think and meditate, to learn and grow.

If we don't take time to sharpen the axe, we will become dull and lose our effectiveness. So start today. Think about the ways by which you could do your job more effectively and add a lot of value to it.

Source: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.fisabilillah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/read_articles.asp?id=115"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.fisabilillah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/read_articles.asp?id=115[/url]

The Shipwreck

The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island ....

He prayed feverishly for Allah to rescue him,and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming.

Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect him from the elements and to store his few possessions.

But then one day, after scavenging for food,he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky. The worst had happened;everything was lost. He was stunned with grief and anger.

"Allah, how could you do this to me!" he cried.

(Comment; Plenty of people use such statement --- think again you should never qestion Allah nor object to his willing)

Early the next day, however, he was awakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island. It had come to rescue him.

"How did you know I was here?" asked the weary man of his rescuers. "We saw your smoke signal," they replied.

It is easy to get discouraged when things are going badly.

But we shouldn't lose heart, because Allah is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain and suffering.

Remember, next time your little hut is burning to the ground--it just may be a smoke signal that summons The Grace of Allah.

Source: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.fisabilillah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/read_articles.asp?id=116"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.fisabilillah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/read_articles.asp?id=116[/url]

Assalamu Alaikum, Nice Thread MashaAllah. Here ia a story regarding Luqman the wise. It has really made me think deeply and try to correct myself. umAhmad.

The Story of Luqman(A.S.) and the Melon

Luqman(A.S.) had great love for the Almighty, that it created within him high moral character and exemplary habits. This was a clear sign of his nobility and nearness to Allah. The details of that is described in Surah(Chapter) Luqman in the Glorious Qur'an.

Luqman(A.S.) used to be in the employ of a rich man. The nobility of Luqman(A.S.)'s character had a great effect on his master, so much so that the master considered him as a great friend and a beloved companion. Although he was the master, yet in fact the master became like a slave to his employee.

It became the practice of the master that whenever he had something special to eat, he would first feed Luqman(A.S.) of it and after Luqman(A.S.) had filled himself, he would eat the left overs. Luqman(A.S.) would consider the love of the master and his habit, so he would eat moderately and send what was left over to the master.

One day, during the melon season, the master received a melon from somewhere. At that time Luqman(A.S.) was not present. The master sent one of his slaves to go and call him. When Luqman(A.S.) arrived, the master cut the melon into slices and slice by slice started giving thereof to Luqman(A.S.) to eat. As he ate the slices, the master inwardly became pleased at the effect his love was having upon Luqman(A.S.).

Luqman(A.S.) ate the slices with great PLEASURE and all the time expressed THANKS for the favour shown to him by the master. After having eaten the slices, when just one slice remained, the master said: "Let me eat this slice and see how sweet is this melon." Saying this, he put the slice into his mouth. Immediately, such bitterness spread from the tip of his tongue down to his throat, that as a result of the extreme bitterness of the meoln, he fell down unconscious and remained unconscious for a whole hour.

When he regained consciousness, he questioned Luqman(A.S.): " O Beloved one, How did you manage to, so heartily eat those slices of melon ? Just one slice of the melon had such an effect on me, then how did you manage to eat so many slices ?" Luqman(A.S.) replied: "O Friend, from your hands I have received hundreds of gifts. The burden of thanks upon me is so great, that my back has gone crooked. Hence, I felt ashamed that the hand that had granted me so much favours, if one day some distastefulness or bitterness should come, how can I turn away from it ? O Friend, the pleasure of knowing that it comes from your hands has changed the bitterness of the melon to sweetness."

LESSON:

At every given moment there are numerous bounties and favours of Allah upon mankind. But if ever for a moment some such incident takes place which brings with it, a problem and outwardly causes some difficulty, man loses patience and fails to be grateful. On the other hand, there are those who are granted understanding, so that when sorrows and difficulties touches them, they remain happy, pleased and grateful to their Lord. At such times, they draw strength from their good understanding and realise that this world is like a hospital and we are like patients in it. There are times when the doctor gives the patient " sweet " medicine and at other times " bitter" medicine. However, in both these, there are beneficial results for the patient. Similarly, Allah is the "Al Hakeem", the All-Wise and at the same time is the " Haakim"- Ruler. He is also "Ar- Raheem", the Merciful One. Hence, whether it brings out comfort or discomfort, all these are for our benefit and interest.

..................... So be Grateful and Thankful under ALL circumstances and conditions to the Almighty.

Source: Ma'arif-e-Mathnawi(Vol. 1)

So be Grateful and Thankful under ALL circumstances and conditions to the Almighty.
Assalam Alaikum

So true ^ ^ ^ :D

Jazaak Allah Khair Aunty, for sharing such a wonderful story :D

Alhumdulilah beautiful topic. :D

Invincible!

By: Mansour Abdul-Hakeem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abu Suhayb ibn Sinaan narrated that the Prophet (saw) said: “How amazing is the case of the believer; there is good for him in everything, and this characteristic is exclusively for him alone. If he experiences something pleasant, he is thankful, and that is good for him; and if he comes across some diversity, he is patient, and that is good for him.” [Muslim]

Success is a trait that is generally lacking in the Muslim community. A Muslim is frequently caught between two traps while attempting to traverse a path exceedingly narrow. On one side, an individual is afflicted with calamities, and hence becomes spiteful. On the other side, a Muslim is trialed with all sorts of worldly temptations, and easily loses sight of the bigger picture. Yet in this hadith, the Prophet (saw) gives a simple formula, which solves this problem and provides the believer with comfort and assurance.

“How amazing is the case of the believer; there is good for him in everything, and this characteristic is exclusively for him alone…”

The peculiarity of this statement from the Prophet (saw) is that it can only possibly work for a believing Muslim. Only the believer has absolute certainty in Allah, His most perfect Names and Attributes, and the life of the Hereafter. Conversely, Allah describes the disbelievers by saying: “They follow nothing but conjecture; they do nothing but lie.” [surat al-An’aam 6:116]

It is amazing how often the disbelievers criticised the Muslims for being backward and uncivilised; but how often is the light shed on how Muslims suffer. A Muslim does not slit his wrists or jump out of a building when things get really tough. A Muslim knows that there is good in everything. “If he experiences something pleasant, he is thankful, and that is good for him…”

Of the two tasks the Prophet (saw) sets here (patience or thankfulness), this is perhaps the more difficult of the two when, oftentimes, a Muslim who attains some worldly gain and then attributes his success to his own abilities, or to luck, just forgets altogether the One who bestowed it upon him. That is the catch to any form of triumph. Indeed Allah says that: “Most men are not thankful.” [surat Yusuf 12:38]

Recognising that it is Allah who has blessed us with all these things is a cause for an increase, whereas forgetting Allah will not stop any gain, but it will result in a recompense in the Hereafter, as Allah says: “If you are thankful I will add more (favors) unto you; but if you show ingratitude truly My punishment is terrible indeed.” [surat Ibrahim 14:7]

This is why scholars have pointed out that a rich and thankful slave is preferable to a poor and patient slave, and this is supported by an incident when some Companions came to the Prophet , complaining: “O Messenger of Allah, the affluent have made off with the rewards. They pray like we pray, fast like we fast and they also give charity from their extra wealth.” [Muslim]

In addition, Companions of the highest status such as Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman (may Allah be pleased with them) were all wealthy. Yet they knew where to spend their money, and who to thank for it.

“And if he comes across some diversity, he is patient, and that is good for him.”

Patience is another trait that is sadly lacking among us. Yet consider the Seerah of the Prophet (saw): There was hardly a time during his illustrious life that this essential quality was not apparent. For thirteen years the Prophet remained at Makkah, calmly bearing the vilest of emotional and physical abuse. Once, it was all too much for some of the companions, and they approached the Prophet while he was sitting in the shade of the Kaa’ba, asking him to pray to Allah to quicken their victory. The Prophet did not oblige them, but instead told them (and subsequently us):

“From among those who have preceded you, a man would be caught and held in a pit dug for him in the earth and he would be sawn in two by a saw placed over his head, or his flesh would be combed away from his bones with iron combs, but none of this would tear him away from his faith. Allah will surely help Islam complete its mission, till a rider will proceed from San’aa’ to Hadhramaut, fearing nothing save Allah and the wolf eating his sheep. But you are in too much of a hurry.” [bukhari]

So what are our feeble daily inconveniences compared to the sufferings of these exceptional individuals —those who sacrificed their lives wholly for the sake of Allah, Most High. Muslims in this generation are in need of achieving this goal. Once an individual realises that this life is transient, that the Hereafter is eternal, that Allah is the sole Being who provides and sustains, and that to Him is our ultimate return, there is nothing that can possibly concern a Muslim except the pursuit of Allah’s pleasure. Once a Muslim is both thankful and patient, he becomes…invincible!

(taken from: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islam.com.au/editions/nov2002/english/hadith/invincible.htm)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islam.com.au/editions/nov2002/engli...invincible.htm)[/url]

Salaams

I got a little something too :D

A not So Clever King

Once upon a time,there was a King named Solomon.

The King had a trusted advisor who was also an excellent swordman named llogical. :D

The King consulted with llogical on most matters whether trivial or critical and often practiced his swordmanship with llogical.

One day, while practicing, llogical accidentally sliced the King's hand.

While apologizing, llogical told him"You majesty, there is always a good reason (muslihat) behind every will of God". This made the king Furious as not only he was in pain, he tought that llogical was trying to patronize him.

The King decided to teach llogical a lesson, so he accepts his apology.

The next day, The King invited llogical to go on a hunting exodus with him.

Once in deep jungle, the King separates from others and knowingly lead llogical to an abandoned well.

"Hey llogical, can you fetch me some water?" asked the king.

As llogical approached the well, the King pushed him inside.

Once llogical realized what happened, the king smiled and said "You know, there is always muslihat (A good reason) behind every will of God".

llogical unhurt yet surprised smiled back and replied "your Majesty are most certainly correct" The reply made the King still a bit unstatisfied, so he decides to take a short Nap before helping llogical out. His short nap however was soon interrupted by a noise.

The King found himslef surrounded by a dangerous cannibal tribe.

The tribe captured the king and took him staright to their sacrificial chamber.

The terrified King regretted what he had done. As he though about it,he noticed the leader was unpleasantly looking straight at his wounded hand which still hadn't healed Yet. In a short while, he found himself free walking back to the well. As it turns out that the small injury made him unacceptable to be sacrificed so the cannibals settled fo rthe horse. The King helped llogical out of the well and apoligized. He had now realized what llogical was trying to explain to him all along.

THE END

Peace

Edited by llogical

Wow,alhumdulilah,just read the stories,all of them are wonderful to read. :D

:D for sharing and keep them coming. :D

A not So Clever King
Peace

Lols.. Not bad.. very nice story, infact true story :D

Thnx for sharing..

Assalamu alaikum, I have told this story to my students a dozen times, and they still want to hear it on different occasions. I ave no idea if it is true or not, but it has touched my heart affected me very deeply. I am sure some of you know it, but everyone will like it. umAhmad.

Two men, both seriously ill.......

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back.

The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation.

Every afternoon when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.

The man in the other bed began to live for those one-hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside.

The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.

As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene.

One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man couldn't hear the band - he could see it. In his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words.

Days and weeks passed. One morning, the nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away.

As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.

Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed. It faced a blank wall.

The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window. The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall. She said, "Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you."

Lessons: There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations. Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled.

If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.

People will forget what you said...

People will forget what you did...

But people will never forget how you made them feel...

Make someone happy, share a kind word today.

A good word is charity. (Bukhari, Muslim)

Author: Unknown

Courtesy: www.everymuslim.com

The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall. She said, "Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you."
Assalam Alaikum

This is truly a Heart Touching story :D

May Allah (SWT) give us taufeeq to understand the Quran & Sunnah.. ameen

JazaaK Allah Khair for sharing ..

:sl:

WOW!! Keep them coming Brothers and Sisters, I am hooked on this topic at the mo.

Allahu Akbar :sl:

More short but heart-touching stories:

An Orphan's Eid

It was the day of celebration and a day of rejoicing. There was an air of festivity in the streets of Madinah. All the people, both young and old were dressed in their best clothes, especially for this special day of Eid.

As it was time for early morning Eid prayers everyone made their way to an open piece of land on the outskirts of the city. The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) arrived and led the prayers. After they had finished they all greeted each other and everyone was walking back home. The children running and playing in excitement, smiling and laughing, without a care in the world. As the Prophet (pbuh) walked back home, he suddenly became aware of a little boy (Zuhair Bin Saghir) sitting by himself on the side of the path. The little boy was crying and looked very sad. The Prophet (pbuh) bent down and patted him on the shoulders and asked 'why are you crying?' 'Please leave me alone' sobbed the little boy. The boy didn't even see who was talking to him. The Prophet (pbuh) ran his fingers through the boy's hair and very gently and kindly asked him again why he was crying. This time the boy said, 'My father was martyred fighting, and now my mother has married again and my stepfather does not want me to live at home any more. Today is Eid and everyone is happy. All the children have new clothes and nice things to eat, but I don't have any clothes except what I am wearing. I have no food and I don't even have a place to live.'

The Prophet (pbuh) said to him, 'I know how you feel, I lost both my mother and father when I was a little boy.' The boy was surprised to hear that it was an orphan who was comforting him, and when he looked up to his great surprise it was the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), and he immediately jumped up to his feet out of love and respect.

The Prophet (pbuh) said to him 'If I were to become your new father and Ayesha you new mother, and Fatima your new sister, would that make you feel better?' 'Oh yes, that would be the best thing in the world!' The boy started smiling. The Prophet took him home and gave him new clothes and good food on this beautiful day of Eid. The boy indeed had a wonderful Eid that day.

We should think of others that are less fortunate than ourselves on this beautiful day of Eid. Not everyone has such a wonderful day. It is a day of celebration, but take a moment to stop and think of those who are less fortunate than ourselves.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamcan(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/cgi-bin/increaseiman/htmlfiles/static/107557886653752.shtml"]Source[/url]

:)

Aamina sis,that nearly got me in tears. :sl:

:) for sharing.

May Allah reward u with showers of blessings for sharing it.Ameen.

Our Prophet is an exceptional role model to follow. :sl:

Heres a touching story.

Are You A Carrot, An Egg, Or A Coffee Bean?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A certain daughter complained to her father about her life and how things have been so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and she wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed that just as one problem was solved another arose.

Her father, a chef, took her to the kitchen, filled three pots with water and placed the fire on high. Soon the three pots came to a boil. In one he placed carrots, in the other he placed eggs, and the last he placed ground coffee beans. He let them sit and boil, without saying a word.

The daughter sucked her teeth and impatiently wondered what he was trying to do. She had problems, and he was making this strange concoction. In half an hour he walked over to the stove and turned down the fire. He pulled the carrots out and placed them in the bowl. He pulled the eggs out and placed them in the bowl. Then he ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl.

Turning to her he asked. "Darling what do you see?

"Smartly, she replied. "Carrots, eggs, and coffee.

He brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they were soft. He then asked her to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg. Finally, he asked her to sip the coffee. Her face frowned from the strength of the coffee.

Humbly, she asked. "What does it mean Father?"

He explained. "Each of them faced the same adversity, 212 degrees of boiling water. However each reacted differently. The carrot went in strong, hard, and unrelenting. But after going through boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg was fragile. A thin outer shell protected a liquid center. But after sitting through the boiling water, it's inside became hardened. The coffee beans are unique however. After they were in the boiling water, it became stronger and richer.

Which are you, he asked his daughter? When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Are you the carrot that seems hard, but with the smallest amount of pain, adversity, or heat you wilt and become soft with no strength.

Are you the egg, which starts off with a malleable heart? A fluid spirit. But after a death, a divorce, an accident you became hardened and stiff. Your shell looks the same, but you are so bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and heart, internally.

Or are you like the coffee bean? The bean does not get its peak flavor and robust until it reaches 212 degrees Fahrenheit. When the water gets the hottest, it just tastes better.

When things are there worst, you get better. When people talk the most, your praises increase. When the hour is the darkest, trials are there greatest, your worship elevates to another level. How do you handle adversity?

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetweneedtounite(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/carrot.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetweneedtounite(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/carrot.htm[/url]

:j:

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

An indication of the reality of our Ummah in these perilous times.

The Woman: A Parable

A man was walking through the marketplace one afternoon when, just as

the muedhin began the call to prayer; his eye fell on a woman’s back. She was

strangely attractive, though dressed in fulsome black, a veil over head and

face and she now turned to him as if somehow conscious of his over-lingering

regard, and gave him a slight but meaningful nod before she rounded the corner

into the lane of silk sellers. As if struck by a bolt from heaven, the man was

at once drawn, his heart a prisoner of that look, forever. In vain he struggled

with his heart, offering it one sound reason after another to go his way — wasn’t it time to pray? — but it was finished:

there was nothing but to follow.

He hastened after her, turning into the market of silks, breathing from

the exertion of catching up with the woman, who had unexpectedly outpaced him

and even now lingered for an instant at the far end of the market, many shops

ahead. She turned toward him, and he thought he could see a flash of a

mischievous smile from beneath the black muslin of her veil, as she — was it his

imagination? — beckoned to him again.

The poor man was beside himself. Who was she? The daughter of a wealthy

family? What did she want? He requickened his steps and turned into the lane

where she had disappeared. And so she led him, always beyond reach, always

tantalizingly ahead, now through the weapons market, now the oil merchants’, now

the leather sellers’; farther and farther from where they began. The feeling

within him grew rather than decreased. Was she mad? On and on she led, to the

very edge of town.

The sun declined and set, and there she was, before him as ever. Now they had arrived, of all places, to the City of Tombs. Had he been in his normal

senses, he would have been afraid, but indeed, he now reflected, stranger places

than this had seen a lovers’ tryst.

There were scarcely twenty cubits between them when he saw her look

back, and, giving a little start, she skipped down the steps and through the

great bronze door of what seemed to be a very old sepulchre. A soberer moment

might have seen the man pause, but in his present state, there was no turning

back and he went down the steps and slid in after her.

Inside, as his eyes saw after a moment, there were two flights of steps

that led down to a second door, from whence a light shone, and which he equally

passed through. He found himself in a large room, somehow unsuspected by the

outside world, lit with candles upon its walls. There sat the woman, opposite

the door on a pallet of rich stuff in her full black dress, still veiled, reclining on a pillow against the far wall. To the right of the pallet, the man

noticed a well set in the floor.

“Lock the door behind you,” she said in a low, husky voice that was

almost a whisper, “and bring the key.”

He did as he was told.

She gestured carelessly at the well. “Throw it in.”

A ray of sense seemed to penetrate, for a moment, the clouds over his

understanding, and a bystander, had there been one, might have detected the

slightest of pauses.

“Go on,” she said laughingly, “You didn’t hesitate to miss the prayer as

you followed me here, did you?”

He said nothing.

“The time for sunset prayer has almost finished as well,” she said with

gentle mockery. “Why worry? Go on, throw it in. You want to please me, don’t

you?”

He extended his hand over the mouth of the well, and watched as he let

the key drop. An uncanny feeling rose from the pit of his stomach as moments

passed but no sound came. He felt wonder, then horror, then comprehension.

“It is time to see me,” she said, and she lifted her veil to reveal not

the face of a fresh young girl, but of a hideous old crone, all darkness and

vice, not a particle of light anywhere in its eldritch lines.

“See me well,” she said. “My name is Dunya, This World. I am your

beloved. You spent your time running after me, and now you have caught up with

me. In your grave. Welcome, welcome.”

At this she laughed and laughed, until she shook herself into a small mound of fine dust, whose fitful shadows, as the candles went out, returned to the darkness one by one.

-How strange it is that we turn our back on He who offers us everlasting love and happiness, in our intoxicated state we give our souls to a treacherous fleeting world.

Ya Allah, protect us from ourselves!

Written by: Sheykh Nuh Ha Mim Keller (2001)

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethamiltonmosque(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/2.htm"]SOURCE[/url]

:j: for sharing emel sis,that was an inspiring story to read,with a twist.

This dunya is a water droplet,whereas the hereafter is an ocean.

May Allah remove the love of this life from our hearts.Ameen.

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qisas(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/stories/31"]The Story of an African King and His Friend[/url][using large font size is not allowed]

A story is told about a King in Africa who had a close friend that he grew up with. The friend had a habit of looking at every situation that ever occurred in his life (positive or negative) by remarking, “This is good, Allah Almighty knows bestâ€

One day the King and his friend were out on a hunting expedition. The friend would load and prepare the guns for the King. The friend had apparently done something wrong in preparing one of the guns, for after taking the gun from his friend, the King fired it and his thumb was blown off.

Examining the situation the friend remarked as usual, “This is good! Allah Almighty knows best.â€

To which the King replied, “No, this is NOT good!†and ordered his soldiers to put his friend into jail.

About a year later, the King was hunting in an area that he should have known to stay clear of. Cannibals captured the King and took him to their village. They tied his hands, stacked some wood, set up a stake and bound him to the stake.

As they came near to set fire to the wood, they noticed that the King was missing a thumb. Being superstitious, they never ate anyone who was less than whole. So after untying the King, they chased him out of the village.

When the King reached his Palace, he was reminded of the event that had taken his thumb and felt remorse for his treatment of his friend. He went immediately to the jail to speak with his friend.

“You were right†the King said, “It was good that my thumb was blown off.†And he proceeded to tell the friend all that had just happened. “I am very sorry for sending you to jail for so long. It was bad for me to do this.â€

“No,†his friend replied, “this is good…Allah Almighty knows bestâ€

“What do you mean, ‘this is good’! How could it be good that I sent my friend to jail for a year?â€

The King’s friend replied: “Remember that the Almighty knows best and if I had NOT been in jail, I would have been with you on that hunting trip.â€

“He knows what is before them and what is behind them: And to Allah go back all questions (for decision)†Qur’an: Surah Al Hajj 22:76

Do Not Judge Things or Events by its Immediate Outcome!

Although the decisions of Allah Ta’alah may seem harsh to us, they are full of wisdom.[using large font size is not allowed]

Three Worst Men:[using large font size is not allowed]

There were three men competing to see who the worst one in the world is. [using large font size is not allowed]

The first one attacked a woman, beat her until her teeth fell out and she bled from her nose and ears. He beat her so savagely that she fainted.

He turned to the others and said, "I am the worst one of all." [using large font size is not allowed]

The second man stepped up to rape her and beat her further until she was almost dead.

He turned to the others and said, "No one can be worse than me."

The third one stepped up, smiled coldly, and said, "No, I am

the worst one even though I just stood by and watched, because this woman is my sister. [using large font size is not allowed]

The woman is Lebanon and Palestine.

The first man is israel.

The second is America & the West.

The third is the Muslim world that stood by and did nothing.[using large font size is not allowed]

Advice for the dedicated students out there:

A Robbers Advice

IMAM GHAZALI’S (R.A.) EXPERIENCE

That is why the experience of Imam Ghazali (r.a.) is a valuable lesson. Ayuha tullab (Oh students), listen carefully!

Having completed his studies, Imam Ghazali (r.a.) was en route back home. On the way the caravan in which he was travelling was waylaid by robbers. Together with his co-travellers, Imam Ghazali (r.a.) was dispossessed of all his goods. Amongst his possessions were the carefully written notes of the lectures delivered by his ustads. These notes were also taken by the robbers. Imam Ghazali (r.a.) sought out the leader of the band of robbers and pleaded with him: “Your men have taken all my possessions except for the clothes I wear. You may keep the extra clothes and other valuables - I do not lament their loss. However, please ask your men to return the papers they have taken.”

The leader of the band of robbers was amazed at this unusual request. This young man was not worried about clothes and valuables, but he was asking for some pieces of paper to be returned!

Very curious, he asked: “What papers are these?”

Imam Ghazali (r.a.) explained: “I am a student returning home after completing my studies. When my teachers used to lecture, I used to make notes. These are those very pages of ‘ilm that I am requesting to be returned to me.”

The leader of the robbers said, “What you have just said fills me with great sorrow and regret. Young lad! Is your ‘ilm on pieces of paper when it should have been in your heart? Papers can get lost. Papers can be destroyed by fire, become parched by the sun, get eaten by moths, become damaged with damp, etc., etc. You are dependent on papers? It fills me with great pity. Your ‘ilm should be in your heart! Be that as it may, your papers will be returned.”

He summoned one of his men and ordered him, “Give back to this boy his papers.” The notes were retrieved and returned to Imam Ghazali (r.a.).

Imam Ghazali (r.a.) was of noble character. He was, moreover, a dedicated student. The words of the gang-leader were like a knife piercing his heart. On reaching home, he lost no time in memorising all his notes!

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qisas(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]SOURCE[/url]

:)

:) for sharing emel sis.Another inspiring story. :sl:

Everyone,keep the wonderful stories coming. :sl:

Inshallah I'll post one up soon. :D

:j: