Islamic Forum
Subhaanallaah

.:: Favourite Islamic Stories ::.

Assalamu alaikum here is the true story of a Great Sahaabi Julaybeeb RadiAllahu Anhu.

" You are from me and I am from you..."[using large font size is not allowed]

YOUR WEALTH IS YOUR FAITH AND CHARACTER

There was a poor and weak person. He wore a torn garment with many patches on it. He was barefoot and hungry. Along with his having an obscure lineage, he possessed no status, wealth, or family. Without a roof to shelter him, he would steep in the Masjid and drink from public fountains. His pillow was his own arm and his mattress was the uneven, rough ground beneath him. But he always remembered his Lord and he was constantly reciting the verses of Allah's book. He would not be absent from the first row in prayer or the front lines of battle. One day he met the Messenger of Allah (Blessings and peace be upon him), who upon seeing him, called him by his name, "O' Julaybeeb, will you not marry?" "And who would give me their daughter? With a man without rich and without any position?" was his reply. He passed by two others who asked the same question, to which he gave a similar reply. The Messenger of Allah(Blessings and peace be upon him) said to him, "O' Jualaybeeb, go to so and so, the Ansari, and say to him, 'The Messenger of Allah(Blessings and peace be upon him) sends his greetings of peace to you and he requests you to marry me your daughter."' This particular Ansari was from a noble household with an esteemed family. When Julaybeeb carried out the Prophet(Blessings and peace be upon him)'s order, the Ansari replied, "And peace be upon the Messenger of Allah. O' Julaybeeb, how can I marry you my daughter when you have neither wealth nor status?" His wife heard of the news, and she exclaimed in astonishment, "Julaybeeb! He who has neither wealth nor status!" But their believing daughter heard the words of Julaybeeb, words that to her, contained the message of the Messenger of Allah, and she said to her parents, "Do you turn down the request of the Messenger of Allah? By Allah, no! " Forthwith, the blessed wedding took place. When their first night came, a caller was in the streets announcing a forthcoming battle. Julaybeeb responded without delay and set out for the battleground. With his own hands, lie managed to kill seven disbelievers, and then he himself became martyred. He embraced death pleased with Allah and His Messenger, and pleased with the morals for which he sacrificed his own life. After the battle, the Messenger of Allah(Blessings and peace be upon him) was asking about those who were martyred. The people began to inform him of those who died, but they forgot to mention Julaybeeb because of his obscurity.

Nevertheless, the Messenger of Allah(Blessings and peace be upon him) remembered him, and he said, "But I have lost Julaybeeb. " He found Julaybeeb's corpse; dust covered his face. He shook off the dust from his face and said, "You killed seven and then you were killed! You are from me and I am from you..." And the Messenger of Allah(Blessings and peace be upon him) repeated the second part three times - "You are from me and I am from you..." This medal of distinction from the Messenger of Allah(Blessings and peace be upon him) is by itself an arnple reward and prize.

The value of Julaybeeb was his faith and his love for the Messenger of Allah(Blessings and peace be upon him), along with the principle for which he died. His humble circumstances and obscure family name did not prevent him from the great honour that was bestowed upon him. With his meagre resources he achieved martyrdom, contentment, and happiness for this world and the Hereafter.

A verse reads:

"They rejoice in what Allah has bestowed upon them of His Bounty, rejoicing for the sake of those who have not yet joined them, but are left behind [not yet martyred] that on them no fear shall come, nor shall they grieve." (Quran 3:1 70)

So remember, your value is determined by your principles and by your character. Poverty has never stood immovable in the way of distinction and the achievement of higher aims.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_members.tripod(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/worldupdates/newupdates10/id152.htm"]SOURCE:[/url]

PropellerAds
“He knows what is before them and what is behind them: And to Allah go back all questions (for decision)†Qur’an: Surah Al Hajj 22:76
Assalam Alaikum

Jazaak Allah KHair sister Mujahad for the reminder ^ ^ ^ & others too for wonderful stories :sl:

May Allah (SWT) bless us all .. ameen

Assalam Alaikum

I'm truly touched by last twp stories by Aunty & Sister Emel..

Jazaak Allah Khair

The Prophet (pbuh) said to him 'If I were to become your new father and Ayesha you new mother, and Fatima your new sister, would that make you feel better?' 'Oh yes, that would be the best thing in the world!' The boy started smiling. The Prophet took him home and gave him new clothes and good food on this beautiful day of Eid. The boy indeed had a wonderful Eid that day.
Assalam Alaikum

This is truly very TOUCHING... The boy (ra) was so lucky indeed :sl:

“See me well,†she said. “My name is Dunya, This World. I am your

beloved. You spent your time running after me, and now you have caught up with

me. In your grave. Welcome, welcome.â€

Assalam Alaikum

Jazaak Allah Khair sister for the wonderful reminder.. ^ ^ ^

May Allah (SWT) guide us all.. ameen

:sl: / Greetings to All

What Colour Was The Dog?

- Why Muslims are in such dire state today -

Author Unknown

Once there was a community of Muslims who were small in number yet large in iman and strong in action. So much so that, the kufaar [non-believers] could not defeat them in battle even though they had the Muslims out numbered.

One day a young man from the kufaar pretended to enter into Islam and he went to the big sheik [learned man] in one part of the city and listened to his teaching of the Qur'an. The subject happened to be on the chapter of the Qur'an called Al Kahaf [The Cave, 18].

When the sheik completed his talk he offered a chance for the brothers present to ask some questions. When it came the turn of the kafar, he asked the sheik the question:

"Sir, in the story of the ‘sleepers’ in the cave, there is mention of a dog. And I was wondering if I might inquire as to what colour the dog might have been? I hope you don’t mind my asking, especially if it is something that maybe you don’t know the answer to."

Immediately the sheik says to the young man, "That’s no problem at all, everyone should know that the dog was YELLOW."

The young man said, "Are you sure? I mean, could it have been another colour?"

"No." replied the old sheik, "It was definitely YELLOW." Once again the young man thanked him and when on his way.

The next night the young kafr man went to the other side of town and sat in another gathering of knowledge and they too were discussing different things about verses in the Qur'an.

So when it came time for the teacher to give each person attending, the opportunity to ask a question, the kafr man raised his hand and then asked the question, "In the chapter about the "Cave", the sleepers are mentioned in different numbers but each time there is a reference to their dog as being counted along with them. Now I was wondering whether or not anyone of knowledge has ever made any reference to what the colour the dog might have been?"

The sheik immediately said, "Yes! The dog in this story in the Qur'an was BLACK."

The young kafar man was pleased and continued, "Sir, are you quite certain that the colour of the dog mentioned in the story was BLACK?"

"Young man," he quickly replied, "I’ll stake my reputation on that as a fact."

"Thank you, sir." Said the young man.

The next night the kafar posing as a Muslim went back to the first sheik and then when it came time for the questions and answers he raised his hand and asked, "Sheik, may Allah reward you for all your effort and knowledge and for sharing it with us. Could you maybe remind me about the answer to the question the other night about the colour of the dog in the cave in Surah Al-Kahaf?" [surah 18 - The Cave].

The sheik said, "There is no doubt whatsoever amongst the great scholars of Islam on this question. The dog was YELLOW. And anyone who says other than this has no knowledge."

With that the young man spoke up again and said, "Sir, what would you say if someone else said that he would stake his reputation of being a scholar in Islam on the fact that the dog is not yellow, but rather that the dog is most certainly BLACK?"

The sheik quickly replied, "Then his reputation is not that of a scholar but one of a fool."

Now the next time the kafr man went to the sheik that was upholding the idea of the dog being BLACK, he told the sheik that the sheik on the other side of town was calling him names and saying that he had no knowledge of Islam and that for sure that the dog was YELLOW. The old sheik became angry and shouted, "You tell him, that I said he is the one without knowledge. I’m the one who graduated from the greatest of schools of Islam, while he is but a fool."

The plan was working. Before long the community was divided into two groups. Each group was claiming that their sheik was the one with the correct answer.

Fighting broke out in the streets and the Muslims began attacking each other all over the city. Everyone became involved to the extent that there was not a single person who was excluded from this terrible situation. Screaming, shouting, hitting and fighting were everywhere.

And then it happened. The kafr went back out to his people and told them, "Let us go to fight them now. You will now find them most easy to defeat."

And that is exactly what they did.

:j:

(Al-Quran 3:103)

And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah's favour on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus doth Allah make His Signs clear to you: That ye may be guided.

(Al-Quran 6:159)

As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.

:sl: / Greetings[using large font size is not allowed]

The previous story I posted had a negative theme to it...but nevertheless it has its lessons to be learnt. Let me post another story with a more positive theme...

A carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?[using large font size is not allowed]

Author Unknown

A daughter complained to her father about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not how she was going to make it and wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as one problem was solved a new one arose.

Her father, a chef, took her to the kitchen. He filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire. Soon the pots came to a boil. In one he placed carrots, in the second he placed eggs, and the last he placed ground coffee beans. He let them sit and boil, without saying a word.

The daughter sucked her teeth and impatiently waited, wondering what he was doing. In about twenty minutes he and turned off the burners. He fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. He pulled the eggs out and placed them a bowl. Then he ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl.

Turning to her he asked. "Darling, what do you see?"

"Carrots, eggs, and coffee," she replied.

He brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they were soft. He then asked her to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg. Finally, he asked her to sip the coffee. She smiled as she tasted its rich aroma.

She humbly asked. "What does it mean Father?"

He explained that each of them had faced the same adversity, boiling water, but each reacted differently.

The carrot went in strong, hard, and unrelenting. But after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak.

The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior. But after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became hardened.

The ground coffee beans were unique however. After they were in the boiling water, they had changed the water.

"Which are you," he asked his daughter. "When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?"

How about you? Are you the carrot that seems hard, but with pain and adversity do you wilt and become soft and lose your strength?

Are you the egg, which starts off with a malleable heart? Were you a fluid spirit, but after a death, a divorce, or a layoff (or others!) have you become hardened and stiff. Your shell looks the same, but are you bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and heart?

Or are you like the coffee bean? The bean changes the hot water, the thing that is bringing the pain, to its peak flavor reaches 212 degrees Fahrenheit. When the water gets the hottest, it just tastes better.

If you are like the coffee bean, when things are at their worst, you get better and make things better around you.

When people talk about you, do your Praises to the Lord increase? When the hour is the darkest and trials are their greatest, does your worship elevate to another level?

How do you handle adversity? Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

"So lose not heart, nor fall into despair: For ye must gain mastery if ye are true in Faith"

[surah Al' Imran; 3: 139]

"Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere"

[surah Baqarah; 2: 155]

Abu Sa'id and Abu Huraira reported that they heard Allah's Messenger (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) as saying:

Never a believer is stricken with discomfort, hardship or illness, grief or even with mental worry that his sins are not expiated for him.

[sahih al-Bukhari, Book 32, #6242]

:sl: / Greetings

Assalam Alaikum

Subhaanallah... Jazaak Allah KHair for the Story "What was the color of Dog" brother Freedslave..

It says alot about the sitaution we are in today.. :sl:

May Allah (SWT) give us taufeeq to understand the Quran & Sunnah.. ameen

The Black Bull Died Today[using large font size is not allowed]

[using large font size is not allowed]

Arabic legend of the White Bull: At Thawr il Abyadh[using large font size is not allowed]

[using large font size is not allowed]

Once upon a time three bulls lived in the forest. One white, one brown and one black. They were brothers and lived together in harmony. In that forest also lived a tiger who had his eye on the bulls. But every time he attacked one of them the others came to his aid and together they drove the tiger away. [using large font size is not allowed]

The tiger decided that he needed to change his strategy. So one day when the Black Bull was away, he went to the other two and said, "You know, the Black Bull is black and dirty and evil. Why do you keep him with you? His is a disgrace to you. You are beautiful and noble. If the Black Bull is no longer there, you will have all the grazing to yourself. He takes away your food and adds no value to you." The two bulls listened to the tiger's spiel and said, "Well, you know, he is our brother. What can we do?"[using large font size is not allowed]

"You need not do anything at all," said the tiger. "I am your friend. I will do what needs to be done. Just don't come to the aid of the Black Bull when he calls you." The others agreed.[using large font size is not allowed]

The next day, they heard the voice of the Black Bull calling for help in anguish and fear. They listened to him and went back to their grazing. Gradually the calls stopped. The two brothers could not look each other in the eye but then, nice green grass wipes away memories and after a little while it was as if the Black Bull never existed.[using large font size is not allowed]

Then one day the tiger came to the White Bull when he was alone and said, "So are you happy with the advise I gave you? Didn't I advise you well? Now here is another advise. You are the real king of the forest. You are White and clean and pure and holy and beautiful. You are wise and good. You deserve to live in solitary splendor like a king. Not with some dirty brown trash who you have to share your food with. Why do you need him? He is a liability and an embarrassment to you." [using large font size is not allowed]

"Well, what should I do?" [using large font size is not allowed]

"You know the score. Nothing at all. I am there to take care of everything for you. Just relax."[using large font size is not allowed]

Next day, the White Bull heard the dying screams of the Brown Bull and closed his ears and went back to his grazing.[using large font size is not allowed]

The White Bull lived for a few days all by himself, grazing where he wanted and drinking from the clean streams of the forest. Then one morning the tiger came again. From the look in his eyes, the White Bull knew that this visit was different. All his life flashed before his eyes. He recalled the time when the three brothers stood together, shoulder to shoulder. Then he recalled all the incidents since then. As the tiger sat before him, not in any hurry, knowing that the result was pre-determined, the White Bull said to him, "I have one last wish. Will you grant it to me?"[using large font size is not allowed]

"Anything at all my friend", said the tiger. [using large font size is not allowed]

The White Bull then climbed a hill and when he got to the top of it, he called out to the people of the forest, [using large font size is not allowed]

"O! People, I do not die today. I died the day the Black Bull died."[using large font size is not allowed]

Source: Brother Thezman's Blog[using large font size is not allowed]

Assalam Alaikum

Subhaanallah... Jazaak Allah KHair for the Story "What was the color of Dog" brother Freedslave..

It says alot about the sitaution we are in today.. :sl:

May Allah (SWT) give us taufeeq to understand the Quran & Sunnah.. ameen

:sl:

Wa Iyaakum brother subhaanallah...

Ameen to the dua...

The Story of the Boy and the King (from Surah Burooj)[using large font size is not allowed]

by Imâm Ibn Kathîr

Imam Ahmad recorded from Suhayb that the Messenger of Allah said:

Among the people who came before you, there was a king who had a sorcerer, and when that sorcerer became old, he said to the king, "I have become old and my time is nearly over, so please send me a boy whom I can teach magic.'' So, he sent him a boy and the sorcerer taught him magic. Whenever the boy went to the sorcerer, he sat with a monk who was on the way and listened to his speech and admired them. So, when he went to the sorcerer, he passed by the monk and sat there with him; and on visiting the sorcerer the latter would thrash him. So, the boy complained about this to the monk. The monk said to him, "Whenever you are afraid of the sorcerer, say to him: `My people kept me busy.' And whenever you are afraid of your people, say to them: `The sorcerer kept me busy.''' So the boy carried on like that (for some time). Then a huge terrible creature appeared on the road and the people were unable to pass by. The boy said, "Today I shall know whether the sorcerer is better or the monk is better.'' So, he took a stone and said, "O Allah! If the deeds and actions of the monk are liked by You better than those of the sorcerer, then kill this creature so that the people can cross (the road).'' Then he struck it with a stone killing it and the people passed by on the road.

The boy came to the monk and informed him about it. The monk said to him, "O my son! Today you are better than I, and you have achieved what I see! You will be put to trial. And in case you are put to trial, do not inform (them) about me.''The boy used to treat the people suffering from congenital blindness, leprosy, and other diseases. There was a courtier of the king who had become blind and he heard about the boy. He came and brought a number of gifts for the boy and said, "All these gifts are for you on the condition that you cure me.'' The boy said, "I do not cure anybody; it is only Allah who cures people. So, if you believe in Allah and supplicate to Him, He will cure you.'' So, he believed in and supplicated to Allah, and Allah cured him.

Later, the courtier came to the king and sat at the place where he used to sit before. The king said, "Who gave you back your sight''The courtier replied, "My Lord.'' The king then said, "I did'' The courtier said, "No, my Lord and your Lord - Allah'' The king said, "Do you have another Lord beside me'' The courtier said, "Yes, your Lord and my Lord is Allah.'' The king tortured him and did not stop until he told him about the boy. So, the boy was brought to the king and he said to him, "O boy! Has your magic reached to the extent that you cure congenital blindness, leprosy and other diseases''He said, " I do not cure anyone. Only Allah can cure.'' The king said, "Me'' The boy replied, "No.'' The king asked, "Do you have another Lord besides me''The boy answered, " My Lord and your Lord is Allah.'' So, he tortured him also until he told about the monk. Then the monk was brought to him and the king said to him, "Abandon your religion.'' The monk refused and so the king ordered a saw to be brought which was placed in the middle of his head and he fell, sawn in two. Then it was said to the man who used to be blind, "Abandon your religion.'' He refused to do so, and so a saw was brought and placed in the middle of his head and he fell, sawn in two. Then the boy was brought and it was said to him, "Abandon your religion.'' He refused and so the king sent him to the top of such and such mountain with some people. He told the people, "Ascend up the mountain with him till you reach its peak, then see if he abandons his religion; otherwise throw him from the top.'' They took him and when they ascended to the top, he said, " O Allah! Save me from them by any means that You wish.'' So, the mountain shook and they all fell down and the boy came back walking to the king. The king said, " What did your companions (the people I sent with you) do'' The boy said, "Allah saved me from them.'' So, the king ordered some people to take the boy on a boat to the middle of the sea, saying, "If he renounces his religion (well and good), but if he refuses, drown him.'' So, they took him out to sea and he said, "O Allah! Save me from them by any means that you wish.'' So they were all drowned in the sea.

Then the boy returned to the king and the king said, "What did your companions do'' The boy replied, "Allah, saved me from them.'' Then he said to the king, "You will not be able to kill me until you do as I order you. And if you do as I order you, you will be able to kill me.'' The king asked, "And what is that'' The boy said, "Gather the people in one elevated place and tie me to the trunk of a tree; then take an arrow from my quiver and say: `In the Name of Allah, the Lord of the boy.' If you do this, you will be able to kill me.'' So he did this, and placing an arrow in the bow, he shot it, saying, "In the Name of Allah, the Lord of the boy.'' The arrow hit the boy in the temple, and the boy placed his hand over the arrow wound and died. The people proclaimed, "We believe in the Lord of the boy!'’ Then it was said to the king, "Do you see what has happened That which you feared has taken place. By Allah, all the people have believed (in the Lord of the boy).''So he ordered that ditches be dug at the entrances to the roads and it was done, and fires were kindled in them. Then the king said, "Whoever abandons his religion, let him go, and whoever does not, throw him into the fire.'' They were struggling and scuffling in the fire, until a woman and her baby whom she was breast feeding came and it was as if she was being somewhat hesitant of falling into the fire, so her baby said to her,"Be patient mother! For verily, you are following the truth!'')

Muslim also recorded this Hadith at the end of the Sahih. Muhammad bin Ishaq bin Yasar related this story in his book of Sirah in another way that has some differences from that which has just been related. Then, after Ibn Ishaq explained that the people of Najran began following the religion of the boy after his murder, which was the religion of Christianity, he said, "Then (the king) Dhu Nuwas came to them with his army and called them to Judaism. He gave them a choice to either accept Judaism or be killed, so they chose death. Thus, he had a ditch dug and burned (some of them) in the fire (in the ditch), while others he killed with the sword. He made an example of them (by slaughtering them) until he had killed almost twenty thousand of them. It was about Dhu Nuwas and his army that Allah revealed to His Messenger :

(Cursed were the People of the Ditch. Of fire fed with fuel. When they sat by it. And they witnessed what they were doing against the believers. And they had no fault except that they believed in Allah, the Almighty, Worthy of all praise! To Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth! And Allah is Witness over everything.) (85:4-9)

This is what Muhammad bin Ishaq said in his book of Sirah -- that the one who killed the People of the Ditch was Dhu Nuwas, and his name was Zur`ah. In the time of his kingdom he was called Yusuf. He was the son of Tuban As`ad Abi Karib, who was the Tubba` who invaded Al-Madinah and put the covering over the Ka`bah. He kept two rabbis with him from the Jews of Al-Madinah. After this some of the people of Yemen accepted Judaism at the hands of these two rabbis, as Ibn Ishaq mentions at length. So Dhu Nuwas killed twenty thousand people in one morning in the Ditch. Only one man among them escaped. He was known as Daws Dhu Tha`laban. He escaped on a horse and they set out after him, but they were unable to catch him. He went to Caesar, the emperor of Ash-Sham. So, Caesar wrote to An-Najashi, the King of Abyssinia. So, he sent with him an army of Abyssinian Christians, who were lead by Aryat and Abrahah. They rescued Yemen from the hands of the Jews. Dhu Nuwas tried to flee but eventually fell into the sea and drowned. After this, the kingdom of Abyssinia remained under Christian power for seventy years. Then the power was divested from the Christians by Sayf bin Dhi Yazin Al-Himyari when Kisra, the king of Persia sent an army there (to Yemen). He (the king) sent with him (Sayf Al-Himyari) those people who were in the prisons, and they were close to seven hundred in number. So, he (Sayf Al-Himyari) conquered Yemen with them and returned the kingdom back to the people of Himyar (Yemenis).

:sl: / Greetings

Assalamu alaikum, Here is a story I just read and was moved beyond limits. It is long and has a few details, but please read it completely, It is really full of wisdom. Incidentally the name of the story is Aunty (with a ie instead of Y) Assalamu alaikum, aunty umAhmad.

Auntie[using large font size is not allowed]

Qisas(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

by Shasel (Singapore)

26 August 1998

Auntie Zainal and I have just stepped out from the compound of Makruf Masjid.

“Assalamualaikum”. As usual, the middle-aged woman is standing at the gate to greet us.

“Waalaikumussalam”. We reply in chorus as we pass her by.

Other visitors are coming out by the same gate one by one. Like us, they also acknowledge the woman’s greeting. The generous ones would donate one or two dollars to her. But most of them do not pay any attention to her.

Every Friday, when the afternoon prayer is over, the woman (henceforth I call Auntie) would hang around there except when it rains. She would greet everyone and would be hopeful of donations from the congregation.

I have never donated any money to her. I would only reply to her greeting and give her a smile. That is also a form of charity. Auntie probably regards me as stingy. Let it be. What is most important is that I regularly donate to the Masjid’s fund.

Zainal also has never donated to Auntie. We both agree that we should not give any donation to her because by doing so, it is as good as encouraging the act of begging, and advocating indolence indirectly.

We are not mean, but we feel that begging is not the proper way to obtain financial aid. If Auntie really needed aid, she could get it from the numerous welfare bodies in this country.

We could not determine whether Auntie is really poor or whether she is merely taking advantage of other people’s sympathy. In this age, it is very hard to differentiate between an impostor and a bona fide beggar. It is better to be cautious than sorry.

For sure we do not feel pity for Auntie. In fact, we are suspicious of her presence. Auntie does not look unkempt like other beggars. Moreover, we had seen her selling curry puffs at Kallang Stadium when the Malaysian Cup fever hit soccer enthusiasts here two years ago.

We can surely recognise her figure and face. It’s verified! We have not identified the wrong person. Her dark-brown complexion and the prominent mole on her chin enhanced our confidence that the Auntie we just met at the Masjid is the same person whom we saw at Kallang Stadium.

We notice that Auntie is still healthy as we last saw her two years ago. The proof is Auntie can still walk without the aid of a walking stick. But why she needs to beg? Why can’t she continue to sell kuihs or curry puffs as she used to do? She can even work as a cleaner or support herself by selling used cardboard boxes as what many poor nyonyas normally do.

“Auntie stopped selling curry puffs because business was bad since the Lions withdrew themselves from the Malaysian Cup.” Zainal tries to joke when I asked him those questions.

“That’s not right. Auntie changed her profession because beggars don’t need to pay income tax,” I reply.

“That’s not right too. Auntie begs because nobody has asked her to stop begging,” adds Zainal.

“Are you sure? What proof do you have to say that no one has asked her to stop begging?” I try to trap him. Zainal grins widely. He knows his statement is not convincing. “Maybe someone has asked her to stop begging but she refused,” I continue.

Just after I said that, service 51 reaches the bus stop where we had been waiting. We flag and board it. Luckily there are empty seats for us. We quickly take our seats and continue our conversation.

“The correct answer is that Auntie begs because the authorities have never caught her. If she had been caught, surely she won’t dare to continue begging,” I say confidently.

“Not necessarily so. Some people are recalcitrant and incorrigible,” Zainal refutes. That reminds me of thousands of drug addicts who keep getting in and out of DRCs as if they love those rehabilitation centres.

“You’re right, Zai. If a person is incorrigible, no matter how harsh we punish him, it will not have any effect on him.”

“Maybe it will be effective if we changed secular laws with Islamic laws!” Zainal suggests.

“But Zai, I think as long as there are people who continue to donate to beggars like Auntie, they will always hang around our Masjids.”

Our conversation stops at this point because the bus has reached my destination. When I settle down in my office, I still keep thinking about the lady at the Masjid. Her face seems to appear on my computer screen until it affects my concentration. I don’t know why but I can’t forget her. In the end, I cannot complete my job for the rest of the day. Why does Auntie have to beg? Doesn’t she have any relatives? Is she an illegal immigrant? Is she suffering from a serious illness until she can’t take up other jobs? Could she be a member of a beggar syndicate? Where does she stay? Questions after questions keep coming up in my mind.

I know that all these questions would be answered if I could spend some time to approach and interview Auntie. However, I still haven’t got the opportunity to do it. God willing, if I have the time, next week I will talk to her.

Yes, I will try to dig up Auntie’s background. Perhaps I could expose her plight and experiences for society’s benefit. From her profile, I surmise that Auntie is at least 60 years old. This means that she survived the hardships of living through the Japanese Occupation. She can surely tell me some interesting histories. I want to know what she did for a living during those painful years. Was she involved in the struggle for independence from colonial rule?

Why does she end up as a beggar now? Why did she stop selling curry puffs? Why it seems that no welfare bodies are aware of her plight? Is it appropriate to just ignore her and let her continue begging? And many other questions?

If Auntie is really poor and needs aid, I will help her in my own way. I will expose her hardship in the local newspapers so that she will get some attention from the public. Many people have received financial aid through this method. I believe the authorities will also take the necessary action to help her.

Meanwhile, I feel grateful that I’m still able to work without having to beg on the streets. Although my salary as a clerical officer is very little compared to those of ministers or professional footballers, I’m still contented because at least I still have a secure job.

Let the higher classes look down on the kind of job I’m doing, the main thing is, I’m happy. And what is important is that I’m not begging or involved in corruption or criminal breach of trust like what some honourable people often commit.

“Hey, Taufik. Why are you still around? Are you doing TO today?”

Dilla, my colleague, wakes me up from dreaming. All because of thinking about Auntie, I cannot complete my job this evening. It’s already past maghrib when I reach home. I feel very restless soon after performing my maghrib and isha’ prayers. I don’t know why Auntie’s face suddenly appears again in my mind.

I feel that something is amiss. Suddenly, I get the urge to read The Meaning of The Holy Quran by Abdullah Yusuf Ali, that I’ve not touched for quite some time. I begin by reading surah al-Fatihah and move on to surah al-Baqarah.

For a while I manage to forget Auntie who’s been haunting me since this afternoon. I continue reading line by line until I reach line 271. Suddenly I feel ashamed of myself. According to verse 2:271:

“If ye disclose (acts of charity), even so, it is well, but if ye conceal them, and make them reach those (really) in need, that is best for you: It will remove from you some of your (stains of) evil. And Allah is well-acquainted with what ye do.”

I feel very unkind because I have never donated to Auntie. Maybe she really needs help. I start to regret. And then I remember my conversation with Zainal not long ago.

“In this age, there are so many professional liars. Be they politicians, businessmen, spiritual leaders, stock brokers, professional footballers, writers and beggars. I don’t trust them all.”

“You cannot think that way about everyone Zai. There may be one or two liars around. But, it’s unfair to hold your prejudice against others.” “Actually I am very disappointed because my close friend had conned me. Now it’s hard for me to trust anybody.”

“Let bygone be bygone Zai. You should not harp on the get-rich-quick scheme. Take it as a lesson. Next time, be careful when handing over your money to someone.”

“It’s easy for you to say, because it’s not your money that is lost.” “I had also been conned like you Zai. But, I don’t go to the extent of losing faith in them. I believe that each individual can change if he or she gets the guidance from God.”

Suddenly Zainal’s voice fades away and Auntie’s voice pierces my mind.

“Taufik, I know that you don’t like to see me begging. But, I have never forced anybody to donate to me.”

“I am not a fraud like you thought. I’m actually giving you the opportunity to increase your credits for doing good deeds.”

“You yourself are aware that ‘it’s better to give than to receive’. So, do not hesitate to donate to people like me.”

“Actually, I ask for donations not for myself but for the sake of others.” “I’m not disappointed if you’re still unwilling to give alms to me. But I hope that you could fulfil my only request. Please recite the al-Fatihah for me after I leave.”

I’m suddenly awakened when I hear the barking of dogs outside my house. I had dozed off for a while just a moment ago. Hence I cannot sleep and remain awake. It’s already morning and I groggily get ready for work. I’m still haunted by yesterday’s dream. The more I try to forget it, the clearer Auntie’s face appears in my mind.

I don’t feel like working when I look at the pile of documents that should have been completed yesterday.

“Whether you like it or not, you must finish your job Fik, if you don’t want to end up as a beggar like Auntie.” My conscience seems to mock me.

I was busy handling the documents, when I received a telephone call from Zainal. “Hello Fik, there’s a shocking news. You take today’s Malay newspaper and look at page two. I cannot talk long, I’ll call you back.”

I quickly get the paper from Dilla who is incidentally reading it. And straight away I turn to page two: $500,000 for Masjid Makruf’s fund.

“The late Hajah Saleha Said who lived on her own had donated $500,000 to Masjid Makruf’s reconstruction fund. In her lifetime, she also often donated money to welfare bodies like Darul Ihsan. Her doctor has confirmed that she died because of heart attack. Her body will be buried after zohor prayer.”

“Innalillahi wainnailaihi rajiuun.”

“Fik, why your face suddenly looks pale?” asks Dilla. “You know Auntie Saleha?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from Qisas(contact admin if its a beneficial link)-Inspire yourself: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qisas(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qisas(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]

URL to article: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qisas(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/stories/235"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qisas(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/stories/235[/url]

:j: khair Aunty umAhmad for the story. And :) to bro Subhanallaah for such a nice thread.

The Shipwreck[using large font size is not allowed]

Wonderful story its really the truth that we loose are senses in problems which are basically nayamat from Allah swt to us

and we get the dare to question Allah swt who is the knower of everything.May Allah give us hidaya to understand Allah and his deen better.Ameen.

Coz with his will nothing is impossible

Auntie[using large font size is not allowed]

JazakAllahkahir for sharing this aunty...it is something I can relate to...

This story is like a long metaphor of what one goes through in life...when you finish reading it, ask yourself what do you think the ending of the story means...because I'm still figuring this out...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Story of Bubble[using large font size is not allowed]

Each bubble has it own story and of course exists as one of the shortest lives on Earth. But the story of this shortest life has its own conclusion. It certainly contains its own purpose.

Nothing exists without meaning around us. There was a waterfall in the midst of the jungle, in between great mountains. Its sound was heard in the whole area. It was descending down from a cliff onto a stony ground. Its fall made millions of small and big bubbles. They were all like open eyes and would be closed within no time. Each bubble had it's own timing to be constructed and to be gone in just in a few seconds. But that was a matter of pleasure for each of them even to feel for a moment to be born.

One of the bubble was called the 'eye of jungle' which was made early in the morning and had a duty to survive for a longer time, to cross a few miles and float down the waves of the river, to cross into another part of the jungle. It had to reach near the dropping branches of a willow tree. After reaching there, the touch of one of the leaves of the willow tree was going to finish it.

It was a journey from morning to night.

The journey was short but was full of dangers. Because of traveling on the surface of the violent waves of the river was not an easy job. The river and its incoming tides could

have destroyed it. But the eye of the jungle had a force that was called confidence. It had to reach on its target with the help of this magical force.

So, the eye of the jungle started its expedition. There was a kind of dignity in its moves and that had a fascinating touch because it was an adventure too.

The first puzzle was that one of the smallest specks of dust could have smashed the softness and the fragility of this airy bag. But the atmosphere was cleaned. There seemed no danger for the time being. There were no particles yet. A kind of security the eye of the jungle felt when it saw that there were many other bubbles around it. They were also traveling their own course of goal and had their own stories. They all seemed like floating eyes. Some innocent, some serious but most of them were apologizing and sad. They all tried to reconcile themselves with the given situation. Each one was carrying its own message. The eye of the jungle had the breath of satisfaction that it was not alone in this trip. The only insecurity it felt.was about the river but that flew down peacefully.

Abruptly a violent movement occurred in the air. Many bubbles blew up out of fear. Some of them were exploded by the particles of dust. A powerful dusty wind was crossing the area and it overturned many bubbles. But the eye of the jungle was saved. It could not see or understand the force that had blessed it. It was a miracle or may be it had a time to survive and to complete the passage of its time. Those who had vanished into thin air, had to go. The eye of the jungle felt Sorry for them because they were also its companions in this trip. There was no way out, but to understand and practice the meaning of patience, to wait and see. At last the course of its swim came to an end. The eye of the jungle reached near the hanging branches of the willow tree. One of the selected branches bowed its head down in a welcoming position and asked the eye of the jungle to come nearer. The eye of the jungle slowly moved towards the leaf.

'Were you fearful during this journey?' asked the leaf.

Yes I was.' Answered the eye of the jungle.

'What were you afraid of?' asked the leaf.

'I was afraid of the cruelty of the powerful river. But it carried me with the help of its waves. Otherwise I am nothing. I am an empty bag of air. It could have finished me within no time.' said the eye of the jungle.'

'Listen! Those who are. honorable like this mighty river is, always bow their head down even to very light things like you and me are.' said the leaf with a smiling gesture.

In the meantime a soft swish of wind moved the leaf closer to the bubble. As it touched the bubble, the eye of the jungle vanished into invisible air. It was created from water and journeyed on the surface of water, but from the beginning to end of its travel it remained thirsty. It seemed as though this bubble was going to convey this message somewhere else.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_darulislam.info/PagEd-index-topic_id-3-page_id-14.html"]Link[/url]

Edited by freedslave

Asalam Alaikum,

Subhaanallah I really love this topic of yours called as stories

The stories are so touching,wonderful and wid meningful messages.

Keep it up :sl: .May Allah make your life easy.Ameen :sl:

The secret

A woman named Maryam once knew a young person at Masjid named Aisha. Aisha always seemed effervescent and happy, although Maryam knew she had faced struggles in her life. Her long-awaited marriage had quickly ended in divorce.

She had struggled to get a grip on her single life. She hadn't chosen it, but she decided she would live it with utmost enjoyment and satisfaction. Aisha was active in the madressah, in the day trips out, as a leader of the womans sports club, and in the da'wah movement. Maryam enjoyed knowing Aisha. Aisha's whole face seemed to smile and she always greeted Maryam with a hug.

One day she asked Aisha, "How is it that you are always so happy - you have so much energy, and you never seem to get down?"

With her eyes smiling, Aisha said, "I know the secret!"

"What secret is that? What are you talking about?" Maryam asked. Aisha replied, "I'll tell you all about it, but you have to promise to share the 'secret' with others."

Maryam agreed, "Okay, now what is it?"

"The secret is this: I have learned there is little I can do in my life that will make me truly happy. I must depend on Allah (Ta'ala) to make me happy and meet my needs. When a need arises in my life, I have to trust Allah to supply according to HIS riches. I have learned most of the time I don't need half of what I think I do. HE has never let me down. Since I learned that secret-I am happy."

Maryam's first thought was, That's too simple! But upon reflecting over her own life she recalled how she thought a bigger house would make her happy - but it didn't! She thought a better-paying job would make her happy - but it hadn't. When did she realize her greatest happiness? Sitting on the floor with her grandchildren, eating pizza - a simple gift from Allah.

"And whoever relies on Allah - then He is sufficient for him"

[surah at-Talaq; 65: 3]

"… And upon Allah rely, if you are true believers"

[surah al-Ma'idah; 5: 23]

"… And when you have decided, then rely upon Allah. Indeed, Allah loves those who rely [upon Him]"

[surah ali-'Imran; 3: 159]

"… And rely upon Allah. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs"

[surah an-Nisa; 4: 81]

Umar ibn al-Khattab (radiAllahu anhu), narrated that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said,

'If you rely on Allah with due reliance, Allah will provide for you as He does for the birds; they leave with empty stomachs in the morning and return full at dusk.'

[at-Tirmidhi]

Anas (radiAllahu anhu) reported thatthe Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said,

'The amount of reward is in accordance with the amount of suffering. When Allah (swt) loves some people, He tries them (with afflictions). He who then is content (with Allah's decree) has achieved the acceptance (of Allah), and he who is dissatisfied (with Allah's decree) will attain the anger (of Allah.'

[at-Tirmidhi]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgeocities(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/mutmainaa4/story/021.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgeocities(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/mutmainaa4/story/021.html[/url]

Edited by ~mehnaz~