Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nutty

What Kind Of Question To Ask Prospective Groom

Assalamun alaikum

What kind of question do you ask a prospective groom, what kind of questions do you ask to find out about his character and personality I need them by Monday

Jazak-aalh khair

PropellerAds

:D sister,

Heres a really good link I found,inshallah it will help you out.

An interesting read mashallah.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.jannah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/sisters/queshusbands.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.jannah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/sisters/queshusbands.html[/url]

May Allah give u every success in the future.Ameen. :D

Heres some things for a Prospective Bride to think about. :D

Listening to what the heart says and inshallah the mind and body will follow.

Things to think about:

How u feel round him?

Can you see yourself with him for the rest of your life?

As for character and personality,you can ask his family members what kind of person he is. :D

You could put him on the spot and see what answers he would give to questions like,

what if someone was horrible to him,how would he deal with that?

what if a tough hardship came,how he would deal with that?

Etc.

Its all about the heart really,it will tell u if the prospective groom is Mr Right or not,inshallah.

I'd say first impressions are important.

You can ask him what he wants out of life,what his future plans are?

What he hopes to get out of marriage?What he thinks a wife is?

What can he bring to you?

What his family are like?

Educational background?

What he wants from wife and children?

Things like that.

Remember this:

Marriages are made in the heavens so if it was meant to come to you,it was not meant to escape you and if it was meant to escape u it was not meant to reach you.

Don't feel under pressure to make any decision you don't want to,afterall patience produces the sweeter fruit.

Key words are Trust and Patience.

Puting your trust in Allah,remember Him.

Inshallah I've helped a bit. :D

May Allah give the person a pious,caring,kind husband.Ameen.

:D

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

One thing I don't recommend is asking the family members about the character of the "to be" groom because THEY WILL have biased opinions and I promise you they won't be critical of him. They will only have good things to say so it is up to YOU to find out his character by spending some time w/ him (in a modest way) and trying to get to know him. Inshallah you should look for certain things in a spouse, such as: patience, anger management, kindness, gentleness, piety, righteousness, etc. Remember our Prophet's words when he said that people marry for 4 reasons....choose virtue and none of the other reasons. And a couple other things you want to look for are RESPECT (very important). How does he treat his family? Does he yell at them? lol Is he respectful of other people's opinions? Is he tolerant? Is he a good muslim? Does he pray 5 times a day? Does he lower the gaze? Is he modest when he speaks to the opposite sex?

I know this is a lot but you MUST observe his behavior and come to your own conclusions and see if this person is compatible, but above all, is his character true and virtuous? If so, then Inshallah he will be a good partner. Ameen

Edited by shayrgob

Heres a link that has quite a few articles on marriage,alhumdulilah all of them are an interesting read.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.weneedtounite(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles.htm#marriage"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.weneedtounite(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles.htm#marriage[/url]

Inshallah it will help you.

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

:D for your interesting and good reply. :D

I understand what you mean,mashallah. :D

Hope everything goes well sister.

Inshallah everything will work out great. :D

May Allah accept all our duas.Ameen. :D

If you have any other questions regarding this,don't hesitate to ask here,inshallah.

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

With regard to his anger management, my sister says you should goad him into an argument, and see what happens, lol.

Anyway, I think people in these situations are on their best behaviour, so this is why references are important. I think it was said (possibly by 'Umar, radi'Allahu 'anh) that you only truly know someone when you've (1) travelled with them, (2) lived with them, and (3) done business with them. Hence, it'd be good to find someone who has done the above with the brother you mention, who will iA give you an honest appraisal.

May Allah grant you the best outcome.

Wassalaam.

Peace,

Wow! What an important topic! Smart of you to ask now; it seems some people spend more time choosing a dozen donuts than their spouse. :j:

Sometimes the most important questions are those that the person answers without realizing you are asking.

Particularly if you have known the person less than six months to a year, they will indeed be on their best behavior. One of the best ways to assess a new person's character is to watch how they treat service people, such as waiters, clerks, etc. Is the person reasonable in their expectations? Do they show basic human courtesy and respect? :sl: Or is the person demanding, unreasonable, self-centered, pompous, and undignified? :sl: Watch carefully the way a prospective spouse treats the people who wait on them.... because that is exactly the way YOU will be treated for the rest of your life!

I am sure the "provoke an argument" response was in jest. That might be one way to learn something about the person... but if it was frivolous, the attempt would be the wrong answer to THEIR questions about YOU! :)

Best wishes!

-Neo

:sl: dear muslims

Make sure you get his Educational background.

Not generalizing, but al ot of uneducated folk are very hard to communicate and socialize with.

:j:

"Educational background"

Yeah that can be useful when looking for a male spouse,as it correlates positively with financial position,and also looking at their Islamic knowledge can be an important factor,alhumdulilah.

Key to Jannah is knowledge. :sl:

Unlocking the door requires applying the knowledge into actions.

:sl: