Umar (Radhiallaahu Anhu) asked Ka'ab (Radhiallaahu Anhu), about the

agony of death and he replied: "O Amir-ul-Mo'mineen! It is as though a

branch of a tree, that is all overgrown with thorns, were thrust into a mans

body, so that it should entangle with every part and then the branch should

be pulled out violently. Such is the anguish experienced by a dying man,

in the throes of death."

Hazrat Anas Ibn Malik radiyallahu anhu has reported that Rasoolullah

sallallahu alaihe wasallam had mentioned that the grasp of Malikul Maut

[angel of death] is more severe than one thousand hacks (cuts) with a sword.

(Sharhus-sudoor)

Let us all make the most preparations for death, :). May Allah make it painless.

:sl:

:j:

Edited by anonymous

PropellerAds

Assalam ALaikum

May Allah (SWT) guide us all.. ameen

May Allah (SWT) protect us from the torments of fire.. ameen

Jazaak Allah Khair for sharing this with us..

Salam,

wow, I was sort of looking forward to death but now I'm not too sure. lol

Btw that is for the disbelievers,the ones whom Allah is pleased with will get immense blessings in the grave.:j:

So don't get the idea that everyone suffers immense horror and terror,inshallah.

Just thought I should point that out. :)

The believers soul will come out like a line of hair coming out from soft dough,a disbelievers soul will be too attached to this world so will require immense power.

Btw that is for the disbelievers,the ones whom Allah is pleased with will get immense blessings in the grave.:)

So don't get the idea that everyone suffers immense horror and terror,inshallah.

Just thought I should point that out. :D

The believers soul will come out like a line of hair coming out from soft dough,a disbelievers soul will be too attached to this world so will require immense power.

But that's for Mu'mins as far as I know; not necessarily for every Muslims.

Also, in a commentary of 'easy death', I read, it's not that there isn't going to be any pain for the believers; however, at the time of their death, a Mu'min would have so much joy due to the angel's glad tiding, that in comparision to that bliss the pain would be negligent.

And Allah knows best.

:)

That is scary, sending me shivers up my spine

Ya Allah save us from the hellfire and guide us to the truth. May Allah give us the strength to attach firmly to our Imaan. Ameen

:sl: for the reminder :j:

Firstly, :sl: for such a beneficial reminder.

Just to add to the topic inshaAllah:

"The pain felt during the throes of death, however, assails the spirit directly, and engulfs every one of its fractions. The dying man feels himself pulled and jerked from every artery, nerve, part and joint, from the root of every hair and the bottom layer of his skin from head to foot. So do not ask about the suffering and pain he endures!

For this reason it has been said that 'death is crueller then the stroke of a sword, or being carved up with saws, or cut with scissors,' since to cut the body with a sword only produces pain through its association with the spirit, and how much worse must the pain be when it impinges directly upon the spirit itself!"

-extract from Chapter Three, from 'The Rememberance of Death and the Afterlife' a book of Imam Al-Ghazali's Ihya 'ulum al-din

Ya Allah!

May Allah lessen our suffering at the hour of death and make us die in states befitting of true believers. Ameen ya rabb.

:j: akhie anonymous for initiating a reflection on a topic often forgotten in these frenetic times.

"The pain felt during the throes of death, however, assails the spirit directly, and engulfs every one of its fractions. The dying man feels himself pulled and jerked from every artery, nerve, part and joint, from the root of every hair and the bottom layer of his skin from head to foot. So do not ask about the suffering and pain he endures!

For this reason it has been said that 'death is crueller then the stroke of a sword, or being carved up with saws, or cut with scissors,' since to cut the body with a sword only produces pain through its association with the spirit, and how much worse must the pain be when it impinges directly upon the spirit itself!"

-extract from Chapter Three, from 'The Rememberance of Death and the Afterlife' a book of Imam Al-Ghazali's Ihya 'ulum al-din

Ouchh!

That was very scary. Is the book available for online reading?

Ouchh!

That was very scary. Is the book available for online reading?

Not as far as I'm aware. I have a copy at home, but I've never seen it available as an e-book. Will let you know if I ever come across it inshaAllah.

When the Angel of Death came to Prophet Ibrahim (A.S.) and asked permission to take his soul (The Angel of Death asks all Prophets for permission before taking their souls), Prophet Ibrahim asked him to come to him in the form that he comes to believers. So he took that form, and Prophet Ibrahim said "It is a good enough reward for being a believer to just see your form as you take the believer's soul." Then he asked him to take the form of when he takes unbelievers' souls. He told Prophet Ibrahim that it would be too much for him, but he insisted. So he took the form and Prophet Ibrahim fainted. When he awoke he said "It is a bad enough punishment just seeing your form when you take their souls."

I heard this in a lecture on youtube by an Australian imam (the same imam from the video about the revert from Tupac's crew). It was a pretty good lecture.

Also from the same lecture:

When Allah tells the Angel of Death to take his own soul (the last living thing to die, if I'm not mistaken), he will do it. Then later when he is ressurected by Allah's will, he will say "O Allah, if I had known that was what death was like, I would have never been able to take any believers' souls away."

Please forgive me for any mistakes I have made, and may Allah forgive us all and grant us the believer's death and Jannatul-Firdous.

What you have said bro is exactly right mashallah. :sl:

:) for sharing. :sl:

Alhumdulilah no mistakes there.

Ameen to duas.

A very interesting read.

To add a little more to the topic ishaAllah:

"It is a definite obligation that someone who is dying is encouraged to say La illaha illa Llah, for the Prophet (pbuh) said, 'Make the dying say la illaha illa Llah, for someone whose last words are la illaha illa Llah will enter the Garden.' When the patient says it once it is not necessary that he be asked to repeat it, unless he speaks about anything else. They should also recite the sura of Ya-Sin to him. 'Recite Ya-Sin to your dying', was also a saying of our Beloved Prophet (pbuh). It is said that this makes the departure of the spirit easier, for death, although accompanied by distress and throes, may be rendered easy and bearable to some believers. It is related that the Angel of Death, upon whom be peace, has said: 'I am compassionate with believers, and gentle.'

-Taken from 'The Lives of Man', of Imam 'AbdaLlah Ibn 'Alawi al-Haddad.

:j: emel sis for your post,

a very interesting read,mashallah.

May Allah reward u for it.Ameen.:)

:sl: for the read!

Its scary for real!

may Allah make it easy for us.. ameen!

Asalaamu aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Subhanallah, a scary thread to read, but most worth it ! Jazaka Allahu geiran !

waleykum assalaam,