Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
emel

Laptop Crisis

:j:/Peace

I come to you asking for advice as I have no clue when it comes to most things computer-related :sl:

Right, my little brother spilt soda on my laptop keyboard yesterday, and since then even though all the keys on the keyboard still work, some of the keys are very stiff and require alot of pressure to work, and often stay stuck when I do apply the necessary amount of pressure to get them to work. Is my laptop doomed or is there anything I can do to fix the keyboard?

Thank you for any advice or words of sympathy; my dad still doesn't know what's happened :sl:

With peace :)

PropellerAds

:sl:

Some general suggestions taken from (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetehow(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/how_113626_clean-laptop-spills.html"]eHow[/url]:

Spilling coffee on your laptop will not only ruin your morning, it can ruin your computer. Act quickly if this happens, because it only takes seconds for liquids to destroy the hard drive of a laptop computer.

Instructions

STEP 1: Shut down the computer immediately.

STEP 2: Wipe up any liquid. Tilt the computer to the side to drain any liquids.

STEP 3: Remove any removable parts from the laptop, including the power cord, printer and mouse cables, the floppy drive, CD drive, modem cards and battery. Do not disassemble the laptop body to remove internal parts.

STEP 4: Once the parts are removed, gently lift the computer and turn it to the side and upside down to drain any liquid. Tilt the computer in a variety of directions to verify that there are no pools of liquid lurking, but be careful not to shake it or handle it roughly.

STEP 5: Repeat with the floppy drive and other removable parts.

STEP 6: Use a hair dryer on a cool setting to dry the laptop and its parts if you can.

STEP 7: Allow the computer and its removable parts to dry for 24 hours before you reassemble it and turn it back on. (If you are under a tight deadline, let the laptop dry for at least an hour before you reassemble it.)

STEP 8: If the computer does not work properly or does not turn on, bring it to a computer repair professional, although the damage might be irreparable. Spills are one of the leading causes of laptop deaths.

:j: for the sharing the advice, although it seems too late for me to do any of the above as it happened yesterday. I did tilt it upside down to get rid of the liquid, and I dried it off, so it seems my instincts limited the damage somewhat.

I think the stickiness is because he spilt lemonade on it.

Spills are one of the leading causes of laptop deaths.

Oh my! Who'd have thought lemonade could be so lethal... :sl:

I suppose I should count my blessings that it seems to be working apart from the stiff keys.

Assalamu Alaikum

You're lucky, I had to buy a new keyboard the other day as I split a small amount of water onto my old keyboard and some of the characters stopped working..

The best advice is what bro anonymous has posted, turn off the laptop, turn it upside and let it dry somehow.

There are many tutorials and step by step guides on how to get rid of this problem.

This is one link

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetehow(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/how_113592_clean-keyboard-spills.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetehow(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/how_113592_clean-keyboard-spills.html[/url]