Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sallahudeen

Having Trouble With "ghayral Maghdoubi"

:sl:

I am starting to have a real hard time with this part of fatihah, when saying this part silently. And when I listen to the audios or Imam's I don't get how they are saying it. Instead of a "Ghayn" sound they do a G sound and I'm just confused. So how do you guys say it, whats the correct way?

Also:

Doubi or Thobi? Daalin or Thaalin? Sometimes Imams say one way and then other Imams another? Are both correct?

PropellerAds

These are some common mistakes in Tajweed. Magh-dhoob.. is indeed with Ghayn and all its qualities should be pronounced properly.The Makhraj (point of origination) is "From the Front of the throat. "

Similarly dhuaad is the hardest letter in all of Arabic. Many people are unable to pronounce it correctly. The point of origination for it is "From the left Blade of the tongue and left upper molar teeth (left or right or both) . "

check this website, (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetquranicsciences(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetquranicsciences(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

NOTE: A common mistake in Tajweed by new students is copying the Imams of Haram or alike, where as it is absolute essential that one learns the introductory aspects of tajweed first. Most of the recitations available from Aimma al Haramain are actually according to Jazariya, where as most of the books of rules are according to Shatbia.

Most of the recitations available from Aimma al Haramain are actually according to Jazariya, where as most of the books of rules are according to Shatbia.

Could you kindly mention the differences between them?

:j:

These are some common mistakes in Tajweed. Magh-dhoob.. is indeed with Ghayn and all its qualities should be pronounced properly.The Makhraj (point of origination) is "From the Front of the throat. "

Similarly dhuaad is the hardest letter in all of Arabic. Many people are unable to pronounce it correctly. The point of origination for it is "From the left Blade of the tongue and left upper molar teeth (left or right or both) . "

check this website, (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetquranicsciences(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetquranicsciences(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

NOTE: A common mistake in Tajweed by new students is copying the Imams of Haram or alike, where as it is absolute essential that one learns the introductory aspects of tajweed first. Most of the recitations available from Aimma al Haramain are actually according to Jazariya, where as most of the books of rules are according to Shatbia.

:)

The part of Shaykh Uthman's recitation of Al-Fatiha is a bit unclear, but I know the Ghayn sound so I can just apply it ( though I thought it sounded wrong because my local imam(s) seem to say it differently like a G, though I could be hearing things).

Though I don't understand what "left blade at upper left molars" means. I can't seem to mouth that.

Is that letter like the english TH in Their or Those? Or is that Dhaal?

hmm I am not a Qari :j: so Imight not be the best to explain. (that was the reason I refered you that link)

In Ö[using large font size is not allowed] The front portion of the tongue has nothing to do.. The side (length wize) of the tongue curls to meet the gums of the adjecent molars on the side. You may do it on right side or left or both. The Sunnah is to do it on both. It is very hard, and needs a lot of practice.

On the website I gave you, you candirectly contact the Admin and ask them. InshAllah he will be able to best guide you..

Salam,

I can chat with you later on MSN or something (i have a webcam and mic) and I'll try and help you out. ANd if you're not comftrable w/ that maybe I'll just record myself or something

Assalamu alaikum, Br. Sallahuddin InshaAllah I suggest that you go to the sight, and go on Quran lessons and then click on the 2 letters or in fact all the letters specially The Ghain and the Dhuaad, inshaAllah the sound is more clear there,then you can integrate it into your recitation inshaAllah..

I would like to point out to you that there are certain letters in the Arabic language that have to be pronounced with a rounded mouth/full mouth, and the others with a flat/empty mouth. If you pronounce the Ghain with a round mouth you will get the sound that you hear the reciter read. Try it inshaAllah. I would again suggest you go on Quranic Sciences go on Quran lessons and go through the excercise of the alphabets makhraj.

May Allah accept your efforts in correcting the Quran, and give others the same desire that you have, ameen.

Assalamu alaikum, umAhmad.

Assalamu alaikum, Br. Sallahuddin InshaAllah I suggest that you go to the sight, and go on Quran lessons and then click on the 2 letters or in fact all the letters specially The Ghain and the Dhuaad, inshaAllah the sound is more clear there,then you can integrate it into your recitation inshaAllah..

I would like to point out to you that there are certain letters in the Arabic language that have to be pronounced with a rounded mouth/full mouth, and the others with a flat/empty mouth. If you pronounce the Ghain with a round mouth you will get the sound that you hear the reciter read. Try it inshaAllah. I would again suggest you go on Quranic Sciences go on Quran lessons and go through the excercise of the alphabets makhraj.

May Allah accept your efforts in correcting the Quran, and give others the same desire that you have, ameen.

Assalamu alaikum, umAhmad.