Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shayrgob

Nancy Pelosi Swears In Keith Ellison W/ A Quran!

Salam,

check this out:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"############chron######/disp/story.mpl/politics/4447556.html"]############chron######/disp/story.mpl/politics/4447556.html[/url]

The new speaker of the house (nancy pelosi) swore in Keith Ellison (a muslim) using an old Quran Thomas Jefferson owned.

The only frightening thing about thisis that some republican from Virginia (goode is the name I think) stated that "unless we control immigration more muslims will follow his (ellison's) path"

Now what is that about? That is seriously sickening and makes me shudder that such people are so prejudicaed and ignorant. Does she not realize that there already exists 7-10million muslims in America already??!?!? I guess not. What a lunatic

Profanity removed and editted by Freedslave 06/01/07

PropellerAds

Peace & greetings to all...

The "Goode" in question is Republican Congressman Virgil Goode of Virginia. This particular Congressman has indeed displayed an ignorant and bigoted disposition toward Muslims in the USA, not to mention a contempt toward the voters in Minnesota who elected Keith Ellison to serve in Congress.

A very minor correction: Congressman Goode is a he, not a she :sl: Nonetheless, his views are repugnant (in my opinion, anyway).

Peace out,

JD

:sl:/Peace To All

I believe that a few Congressmen & women, came to Ellison's defense after those remarks were made.

I also read that a Congresswoman fron Hawaii, who is a Buddhist, also came to Ellison's defense. She declined to use any book during her swearing in (published in an Arizona paper)

Lastly, the Qur'an that was used in Ellison's swearing in, belonged to Thomas Jefferson (published in the Washington Post)...