Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
guidance

Praying In Congregation

Assalmou Alaicom warhamtulah,

A sister of mine was asking me the other day.. is is permssble fr a women to pray beside her husband? Is this supported by a particular math'hab, such as hanafi? Is there any hadith that support or discourage the praying of a women besde her husband?

May Allah swt reward you for your help and patience.

Fee amanilah

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaikum, A woman cannot pray beside her husband, if making salat with jamaat, she has to stand behind her husband. InshaAllah I will try to find a ruling regarding it and post it soon inshaAllah.

Assalamu Alaikum.

:D

Excerpt from (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_daruliftaa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/question.asp?txt_QuestionID=q-21320496"]this fatwa[/url]:

It is important to remember here that there is a slight difference of opinion amongst the classical Hanafi Fuqaha with regards to the actual method of being next to someone of the opposite gender. Is the prayer invalidated with any limb of one’s body being in line with any limb of the other’s body or is the ruling based on the positioning of the feet?

Some jurists are of the view that if any limb of the woman is in line with any limb of the man, the man’s prayer would become invalid. Therefore, whilst prostrating, if a woman’s head becomes in line with the feet of the man, his prayer would be invalidated. However, the relied upon opinion and that chosen by Ibn Abidin and others is that the ruling will be based on the feet and in particular the heel. Thus, the man’s prayer would not become invalid, as long as his heel is in front of the woman’s heel. (Radd al-Muhtar, 1/572)

Given this difference of opinion, it is best for a spouse, for example, to stand completely behind her husband when praying in congregation. However, their prayer will be valid as long as her feet and heel are behind her husband’s heel.

More details and explanation can be (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_daruliftaa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/question.asp?txt_QuestionID=q-21320496"]found here[/url].

Allah knows best.

:D

Assalamu alaikum, Here is a Fatwa I found on Mufti Ebrahim Desai's AskImam site. InshaAllah I hope it helps.

Question: i) Can a Husband and Wife Read Salaat/prayer together. ii) and can they make their own Jamaat, whereby the Husband is the Imaam and the Wife is the Mussallee?

Answer: The husband and wife may perform salah together in Jamaat. The husband would stand in front and the wife would stand behind him. (Ahsanul Fatawa Vol.3 Pg.299)

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Ml. Husain Kadodia

STUDENT: Darul Ifta

CHECKED & APPROVED: Mufti Ebrahim Desai

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_askimam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fatwa/fatwa.php?askid=32311ae2fbc15a50a119078ef09359c"]SOURCE:[/url]

Assalamu Alaykum All

And the great reasoning behind it is not that women are inferior.... but simply for the same reason that women wear Hijab.... the protect themselves and not to distract their husbands while worshiping.

:j:

May Allah reward you all immensely for your posts.Ameen. :sl:

:sl:

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

what if in a family of 4, like mine, the son wishes to lead the family in prayer. Would I then line up behind him and my wife & daughter line up behind me?

Assalamu alaikum,

what if in a family of 4, like mine, the son wishes to lead the family in prayer. Would I then line up behind him and my wife & daughter line up behind me?

If there are two men making salat with Jamaat (whether father and son or anyone else, then one would be leading and the other would stand on the RIGHT HAND SIDE, A STEP BEHIND THE IMAM in such a way that the Imams heels and the other persons Toe will be aligned, and the women would stand behind the men.

If there are 3 men then The one leading stands in the front with the other 2 men standing behind him in the second saff and the women stand behind the men.

I hope inshaAllah this helps. Assalamu alaikum, umAhmad.

Assalamu Alaikum,

When my family prays in congregation, how is it supposed to be done? Does the Adhan need to be said first?

as salaamu alikum

most probably yes....

If i am wrong please correct me brothers and sisters

W.Salam

Assalamu alaikum, If you are making Jamaat (congregation) in your house, then if you can hear the Adhan in your house from a nearby Masjid, then you don't need to make Adhan, but if you cannot hear the Adhan from the Masjid, then it is recommended to give the Adhan.

The Adhan should be said, then the Iqaamat, then the person leading Salat sould be standing in the front, and other men of the family behind him. The women should stand in the back rows,

I hope nshaAllah it is clear to you now. Assalamu alaikum, umAhmad.

Assalamu alaikum, If you are making Jamaat (congregation) in your house, then if you can hear the Adhan in your house from a nearby Masjid, then you don't need to make Adhan, but if you cannot hear the Adhan from the Masjid, then it is recommended to give the Adhan.

The Adhan should be said, then the Iqaamat, then the person leading Salat sould be standing in the front, and other men of the family behind him. The women should stand in the back rows,

I hope nshaAllah it is clear to you now. Assalamu alaikum, umAhmad.

Assalamu Alaikum,

Thanks for the answer! I have just one more question.

I know you said that the women should stand in the back rows. But only me, my brother and my sisters, and my parents are praying. My sisters can't pray on the same prayer mat as us, can they? That's how we've always done it (whenever our family has prayed in congregation).

Assalamu Alaikum, According to the Aalim with whom I checked, the one leading salaat would stand in the front, the rest of the men would stand behind him and the women behind the men. Not next to each other, does'nt matter if they are brother and sister, father and daughter or husband and wife.

If the sheet is big enough, then they can pray on the same sheet as long as they are behind the men.

I hope this makes it more cleas inshaAllah.

Assalamu alaikum, umAhmad.

Asalam-Wa-Alaykun

jazakallah, use ful info.

Also, can two people have a Jamat?

thanks

Assalamu Alaikum, Two topics of similar issues have been merged. JazaakAllahu Khairan for understanding, umAhmad..