Islamic Forum
arbiter

If There Was A God....

If there was a God, then why would he let all those people in africa suffer?

If there was a God why would he let people be born with deformaties that would not let them live a proper Conscious life?

If Islam is the " right " way, then why arent muslims the most high living people?

Religions are the only thing thats wrong with this world, causing all the problems.

If anyone says anything against Islam, everyone starts complaining. Wat about the cartoon incident with your Prophet, everyone had a problem

Wat about wen those muslim boys lit that bible on fire after peeing on it. christians at least didnt get so emotional, they minded yes, but no riots.

muslims however all go nuts, so uncivilised.

PropellerAds

Greetings arbiter

Welcome to the forums...

If there was a God why would he let people be born with deformaties that would not let them live a proper Conscious life?

In Islam, we believe that everything that Allah or God puts us through, is a test...we may not fully understand why these tests are given to us, or what we are supposed to learn from this...

With every disaster,calamity or suffering that mankind has experienced (whether collective or individual) there has always been a lesson to be learnt. What the lessons are, I do not know, but I know that Allah knows better and what is best for us. That is our belief.

If Islam is the " right " way, then why arent muslims the most high living people?

Hmmm...what do you mean by "most high"?

If you mean the most developed or progressive, well in my opinion it is because Muslims are not properly following their religion nowadays...

If you mean the most powerful on Earth, then Muslims are not that concerned about achieving this...

Religions are the only thing thats wrong with this world, causing all the problems.
Not true. At present I feel wars are being fought for natural resources and for securing economic interests. Those who oppose the powerful are fighting for their own interests. Religion is just one piece of the puzzle...

If anyone says anything against Islam, everyone starts complaining. Wat about the cartoon incident with your Prophet, everyone had a problem

Wat about wen those muslim boys lit that bible on fire after peeing on it. christians at least didnt get so emotional, they minded yes, but no riots.

muslims however all go nuts, so uncivilised.

Not sure if this is related to your topic title, but never mind...

First of all the comment about all Muslims being uncivilised is stereotyping...I request you take it back and refrain from painting all of us with one brush...

Next, if you had registered on the forum during the Danish cartoons episode, when this topic was hot here, you would have found that the majority of Muslim posters condemned both the cartoons, and the riots and acts of violence committed by Muslims as unIslamic...

Also, this portion of Muslims who chose to act this way were a minority, the media coverage however focused mainly on this group, while other opinions were not heard...

About the incident of the Muslim boys urinating on the Bible, do you know where I heard it?

Right here, on this forum...interestingly the media didnt portray this story as much as other incidents...maybe because justice was served as the boys were expelled...

Also, FYI there was a poll created on this in the forum, and the majority of people here agreed with the school's action to expel the boys, and agreed that the action too was unIslamic...

wat sort of logic is that?, why did this happen, "it was a test",

why did that happen, "it was a test"

you dont know why it happened, wat its ment to teach you, then how do you know God did it?

:sl: / Greetings

I'm not saying I do not know all the purposes of the tests. Some of them we do...

For example you mentioned why is there poverty in Africa... Well from my perspective, it teaches me not to waste food as there are poor people without it. It is a test to the rest of us whether we will help these people. It is a test to us whether we are grateful to what Allah has bestowed upon us, when in other places people are not as fortunate. I also know that there is great inequality in how the human race distributes food among the different continents and places on Earth, all because of politics. And something should and must be done to rectify the problem.

From the point of view from the person who is starving, it may be Allah's way of testing his resolve in belief in Him. For Allah tells us in the Quran...

[3: 139]

“So do not lose heart or fall into despair, for you shall overcome if you are indeed believers.”

There are perhaps many more reasons why Allah has put poverty in our world. Some of which I do not know, for Allah knows best.

Do you think the human race survived and got its achievements without any trials, sufferings, afflictions? It is my belief that in times of hardship those who face them become more prepared, more capable of handling them in the future...and it is in my belief that even if there are some sufferings there is some good that comes out of it...

There are many places in the Quran in the hadith, as well as the stories of other prophets (peace be upon them), where there were initial times of trials and afflictions, but afterwards through justice and belief in one God, things got better. It is similar today...

Surah 109. The Disbelievers, Atheists

1. Say : O ye that reject Faith!

2. I worship not that which ye worship,

3. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

4. And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship,

5. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

6. To you be your Way, and to me mine.

Mehmet

Rendered invisible for review by Sis Zabrina 21st Feb 2007

Edited by zabrina
As per request by poster

salam

I agree with freed slave in your question you asked why arent muslims high living people. If you mean that why are not so many in very high places or very very rich it is because nowadays some people may say they are muslims but only read a prayer a week also the ones who prperly practise Islam are all as freedslave said being tested by god to see how far they will go to follow god .

Assalamu alaikum

you dont know why it happened, wat its ment to teach you, then how do you know God did it?

because of this (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-guide(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/frm-ch1-1.htm"]here[/url] :sl: . Please read all the scientific pages before posting here again. And plz post again i am curious :j: to what you have to say after reading those pages. :sl:

Question: Regarding all natural disasters. We know that they cause enormous deaths of people.

Some of you said it's a test given by God. A test for who?? For the people who died?? For me who lives far away from them?? What can i learn from those tornados?? If he wants to test people he better put them in some difficulties rather than make them die. cuz if they die, they won't learn anything.

so?

Edited by Elidicious

Natural hazards may strike at any time. They can cause considerable loss of life and property. Generally referred to as "natural" disasters, earthquakes, lightning, flash floods, global wildfires, acid rain, and tidal waves have different intensities and effects. What is common to all these disasters is that in just moments they can reduce a city, with all its inhabitants, to ruin. What is most important, no human being has the power to combat or prevent any of these hazards.

What lessons to learn from disasters ?

One might be living a joyous life in safe enviroment. One might never have experienced such a disaster, running behind gains in this life to such an extent get invovled in crimes ...forgetting about God and just thinking this is life is only important thing thinking that they will for 80-100 or even more years in this world. But God shows in his signs for those who have forgotten Him that this life is nothin , it returning to God that is important . Single disaster many people return to God in just few breaths of second among them some are young , some old and some just born ......and those who remained God fearing and did good hoping to meet God one day will be received with happiness and those among them who were 24/7 saying it is this life that is important and were greedy in gaining worldly gains ....they would have come to known after returning to God wot this life was . Hence one should always remember that, at any time, one may find life stripped to its fundamentals and return to God.

Accordingly, man should always occupy himself with the remembrance of Allah since "the power is wholly Allah's." (Surat al-Baqarah: 165) . We should changed our ungrateful attitude towards God Do they see nothing in the government of the heavens and the earth and all that Allah has created? (Do they not see) that it may well be that their terms are nigh drawing to an end? In what message after this will they then believe? (Surat al-A'raf: 185)

Let us think for a moment: what would happen IF only those who are guilty before Allah died in an earthquake? In such a case, the appropriate basis for the "test" of humankind would not be established. That is why Allah creates each phenomenon in a "natural" setting. Only those who are aware of the existence of Allah and have a deep comprehension of His creation understand the divine rationale behind this "natural" appearance.

In the verse, "Every soul shall taste death: and We test you by evil and by good by way of trial. To Us must you return," (Surat al-Anbiya: 35), Allah states that He tests man through good as well as bad events.

Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods and lives and the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere, who say, when afflicted with calamity: "To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return". They are those on whom (descend) blessings from Allah, and mercy, and they are the ones that receive guidance. (Surat al-Baqarah: 155- 157)

As is stated in the verse, all people, believers and disbelievers, are tested in many ways: sometimes by natural disaster, at other times by something happening in our daily lives, a disease or an accident that befalls us. Such misfortunes strike individuals as well as societies and cause material loss along with spiritual suffering. A wealthy man may become bankrupt, or a city may be reduced to rubble by an earthquake. These incidents are all clear demonstrations of how, at any moment, events can alter our lives.

Nor can a soul die except by Allah's leave, the term being fixed as by writing. If any desires a reward in this life, We shall give it to him; and if any desires a reward in the hereafter, We shall give it to him. And swiftly shall We reward those that (serve Us with) gratitude. (Surah Ali-'Imran: 145)

Another lesson one draws from seeing disasters is that man, assuming himself to be mighty on earth, realises that he is simply weak and actually does not have the strength to cope with disasters, which happen in a moment by the will of Allah. Man can provide no help either to himself or to anyone else. Surely Allah is Omnipotent. This is stated in the following verse:

If Allah touch you with affliction, none can remove it but He; if He touch you with happiness, He has power over all things. (Surat al-An'am: 17)

• Acknowledge the power of God ..and become God fearing
  • Taking heed from these events and shun away arrogance ,greediness and envy
  • Helping the best way we can if we are capable to those who are afflicted that is test for us
  • Changing our lives by becoming God fearing

Lastly, it is the duty of every believer to take head and learn a lesson from these heart pounding incidents, and repent from all sin, be grateful to Allah that he still has got chance whereas people who died for them chance is finished .Recognize all the blessings which He has bestowed us with from the deepest recesses of our hearts and by proclaiming them through the spending of these blessings in the obedience of Allah. And not being extravagant and greedy running behind in making all wordly gains for this life to a such an extent getting involved in crimes and other unlawful activities forgetting that there is ONE who shouldn't be forgetten always

we (as creatures) are not equivalent to God (the creator), so we are not entitled to ask him to justify and give reasons for what he does. Read this verse, please:

[21:23] He is never to be asked about anything He does, while all others are questioned.

In another verse God says:

[25:20] And We have appointed some of you a test for others: Will ye be steadfast? And thy Lord is ever Seer.

The tafsir (clarification) of this verse (Tafsir al-Jalalayn):

And We have made some of you a trial for others, a test, trying the rich with the poor, the healthy with the sick, the honourable with the vulgar, in each case the latter would say, 'Why can I not be like the other person?' Will you be steadfast?, [and endure] what you hear from those with whom you are tried?' (the interrogative is meant as an imperative, in other words, 'Be steadfast!'. And your Lord is ever Seer, of those who remain steadfast and those who become miserable.

He also says:

[21:35] Every soul will taste death, after we put you to the test through adversity and prosperity, then to us you will be returned.

Some people are tested through adversity and some others are tested through prosperity so they are both being tested.

It's not my job or yours to decide who is to be tested this way and who is to be tested that way. For example, when your teacher gives you a test, non of the students has the authority to decide who takes paper A and who takes paper B. It's up to him to decide that.

Moreover, don't count on what you see with your eyes. People who look sadenning on the outside may be happier than you and me on the inside in this life. In the hereafter and in return of doing well in their test, they will get a reward that makes others wish they were in their shoes.

[21:47] We will establish the scales of justice on the Day of Resurrection. No soul will suffer the least injustice. Even the equivalent of a mustard seed will be accounted for. We are the most efficient reckoners.

When you buy a sophisticated machine, the first thing you are recommended to do before using that machine is have a look at the manual provided by its manufacturer. Religion is the manual that God sent us to help us do everything the right way. Do you know where the problem is?

The corruption that people made to the previous religions (Sharias before Islam).

The fanaticism of the followers of the different creeds.

The misunderstanding of religion by some people who misbehave in the name of religion.

Post editted upon member's request - Freedslave[using large font size is not allowed]

Thank you mac.

....though not all my questions have been answered..

My short explanation to this

Because GOD wished it

It God who makes someone born in poor family , some in rich family some are beggars and some are billgates some of you live long life as long as 100 plus years some of dying in car accidents or earthquakes in very young age , middle age or as infants

If all of human beings become pious it is not going to benefit God a bit nor if all of you become like hitler or criminals it is not going to harm a bit to God

We are like property of God whatever he commands it happens

Do you have power to change God's Will ?

Whatever you do ,say and believe ONE day you will reply to God for it

So Atheists if you are not afraid of God start fearing because you all are nothing in front of God

"It God who makes someone born in poor family"--don't you think sometimes God "makes mistakes" ? :sl:

"It God who makes someone born in poor family"--don't you think sometimes God "makes mistakes" ? :sl:

Its not God's mistake , Its His wish he has shown diversity in all things some human beings are poor , some are rich some are white skin some are black and brown skin some are tall and some are short some are disbeliever and some are believer some are like hitler some are binladen and some are prophets and some are normal in between neither religious nor bad some living long some living short

u will find all types of humanbeings , like you find different type of animals some nice , some dangerous , flowers , God has created Sun , Moon , Stars , planets and all things , heaven , hell , life , afterlife

Do you still think human being is something great ?

People are fools that they search for truth do research on religion to accept what is truth of Islam so that God saves them :sl:

"Its His wish he has shown diversity in all things "--OK...

"Its His wish he has shown diversity in all things "--OK...

Yea God has shown diversity in all His creation but more than this we should not take ourselves that we are something great and precious than other creatures like animals,plants etc in front of God remember we should always think that we are like His other creatures and its just that God has given more qualities to humanbeings, brains to think etc God says in Quran humanbeings are best of His creation so I feel thats why this life is test for this very creature human being . If we keep praying and obeying God ,He may take us in His Mercy because If He wills to show other human beings who have become arrogant because of their success and go out oppressing others on land He can show them in one earthquake or disaster where millions of people are gone and returned to Him. So humanbeings fear God , believe in Him , you are surely to return and you final abode is either heaven or hell so why have you forgotten your return amidst your luxurious of life ?

we should not take ourselves that we are something great and precious than other creatures
True...