Islamic Forum
Ferrari1981

Haraam Promotions

Salaam

Bascially this applies to everything in life.

Now most of you will probably say don't eat at McDonalds or boycott certain companies because of a political issues, others will say its only food or a gift.

Many of us will get offers, promotions, haraam gifts (sweets etc) for the sake of cheap goods!

If you got anything that remotely sounds promotional or offers like for example with some sweets we cannot eat or a money saving book for McDonalds food, what would you do:

- Give it to a non-believer?

- Throw it in the trash can?

- Recycle it?

- Take it anyway!?

Some of you may say give it to a non-believer (we tend to do this alot anyway), but isn't our job to convince our non-believing humans to see our way of life, correct them to the right path?

So giving away unwanted gifts, promotional offers and haraam sweets to non-believers because we ourselves cannot take is right or wrong?

What would you do with your haraam gifts (goods, food, drinks)?

Also we have people who make money (profit) for the sake of survival of so fair enough you buy cheap and sell for profit thats fine... but what if what you’re buying is stolen? Would you knowingly buy stolen items for profit yourself?

Finance is a long issue so I will not go into it, but haraam promotions is something importan to look into it and its veyr much common sense!

Anyway you take care; I hope to hear from you soon, Inshallah.

Ma'asalaama

PropellerAds

Well theres many things like:

1) Today I got a McDonald food discount booklet (voucher) which makes me eligible for discounted burgers but with McDonalds theres a limited of items we can eat there anyway so most of them are useless to me!

2) During Xmas people send gifts out of goodwill... which in fine but sometimes they send you sweets that are not halal like gelatine and etc... so what would you do here?

3) In business we buy in bulk cheap and sell individual for profit this is halal depending on what your selling. But some people buy stolen goods for cheap and sell them that is haraam.

4) Interest is forbidden yet people say we can just take interest in and give it to the poor but it clearly states we cannot have anything to do with it so why recieve it for the poor... you dont get reward for giving interest to the poor.

5) Theres many examples if you get free things as gifts that are not suitable what do you do with them!]

I hope that makes more sense!

Ma'asalaama

Assalam o Alaikum,

Brother, a few years back I was very ignorant and I used to pass on the gifts to people who will be able to consume them. Like in 2000 I got a bottle of wine and I gave it away to a muslim brother because he used to drink.

I regret it a lot now. I was ignorant. I should have thrown it in the trash. Now I follow this practice.

By the way, what is halal at McDonalds? They use animal shortning in their cooking oil, even their fries are not halal, that is if you are in North America. If you live some where else, try to research it.

Assalam o Alaikum,

Brother, a few years back I was very ignorant and I used to pass on the gifts to people who will be able to consume them. Like in 2000 I got a bottle of wine and I gave it away to a muslim brother because he used to drink.

I regret it a lot now. I was ignorant. I should have thrown it in the trash. Now I follow this practice.

By the way, what is halal at McDonalds? They use animal shortning in their cooking oil, even their fries are not halal, that is if you are in North America. If you live some where else, try to research it.

Salaam

Well I'm in the UK at present... at McDonalds in the UK outlets are cooking in different ways and methods to accomodate people.

Only fish, vegitable, fries and milk shakes are halal at McDonalds however, saying that some McDonalds fry fries with chicken makin in haraam for us, so normally you would ask, my local one fry it seperately so its ok here.

In regards to the topic in hand... its a difficult issue to answer as food trashed can be a waste but then at least your not providing haraam food to non-believers ... especially if they do convert/revert to Islam then Id feel bad!

So thats why I asked the question in the first place!

Anyway you take care; I hope to hear from you soon, Inshallah.

Ma'asalaama

Either give it to a muslim who eats non-zabiah food or a non-muslim. It is haram to waste food.

Either give it to a muslim who eats non-zabiah food or a non-muslim. It is haram to waste food.
Yes but its food that is not supposed to be eaten. I'd through it out. If pork is bad for Muslims to eat...what makes it good for a nonMuslim to eat.

Giving it to a nonbeliever might seem hypocritical and would even be an encouragement for him/her to eat it.

O ye people! Eat of what is on earth, Lawful and good; and do not follow the footsteps of the evil one, for he is to you an avowed enemy.
Baqarah 168

It is a warning to "ye people" ...So this ayah refers to all mankind...so encouraging one to eat pork or consume wine would not be helping anyone.

Salam,

Kareem

Yes but its food that is not supposed to be eaten. I'd through it out. If pork is bad for Muslims to eat...what makes it good for a nonMuslim to eat.

Giving it to a nonbeliever might seem hypocritical and would even be an encouragement for him/her to eat it.

Baqarah 168

It is a warning to "ye people" ...So this ayah refers to all mankind...so encouraging one to eat pork or consume wine would not be helping anyone.

Salam,

Kareem

pork and alcohol are haram for us, not for everyone else. its wrong to try impose any part of our relegion on anyone else. thats like saying we should not give tickets to a football game to a non-muslim because it would take place during prayer time.

pork and alcohol are haram for us, not for everyone else. its wrong to try impose any part of our relegion on anyone else. thats like saying we should not give tickets to a football game to a non-muslim because it would take place during prayer time.

Yes but the verse I referred to says all mankind in this specific issue. The football scenario wouldnt make sense because prayer is for Muslims only, while eating what Allah says is "good" was for all mankind, especially from that verse.

And besides, murder is forbidden in Islam yet there is no question when we impose a punishment on it for those who commit it, muslim or not...

Salam

I'm not saying go around and force people to not eat alcohol...but if you have a chance to say it isnt good..then do so. Thats what I think.

If you are comparing giving someone a discount coupon for a burger to murder, you have serious problems. Please read my sig....................

If you are comparing giving someone a discount coupon for a burger to murder, you have serious problems. Please read my sig

Hahaha :sl:

ok man I see what you're saying..even though I was comparing alcohol not a dicount coupon (alcohol may lead to murder). Thats where I was coming from.

And alhamdolilah I'm aware of the hadeeth in your sig...

But don't put change my words...alcohol is what I was referring to, not coupon.

Salam,

Kareem

your way overthinking this, its simple

- alcohol is haram to drink or pay for, even if its not for you

-any other food, even if we cant eat it, its ok to give it away. it is haram to waste food