Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
soul*sis

graduate schemes

asalaam alaikum...

Um, just wanted to know if anybody here as applied for them? and can anybody recommend any good ones??

I know the deadlines have ranged from last month till maybe end of janurary, I'm a little confused on where i want to go in life.....

w'asalaam

PropellerAds

:D

Best place would be to go would be your Unversity's careers dept.

You should find graduate recruitment magazines there. Also check your local Authority/Government for any schemes they have.

I recommmend become a teacher till you sort out what you want to do.

asalaam alaikum,

jazakAllah for the idea, I have thought about it...but I'd rather find work straight away, so I can pay this Haraam off (beileveing that interest wasn't charged in the beginning) also to put myself in a positon where i could give something back to the community immediately, then inshAllah after a year or two come back to studying something Islamic at uni...

i don't know.....

w'asalaam

Wa 'alaikum assalaam,

Thing is most grad schemes last for about 18 months to maybe 3 yrs, so would they take you if you said you'd be looking to go back into education after a year or two? Most of them aren't general, like they're management, finance etc, so you need to have an idea of what you want to do. But if you decide not to return to education and decide you want to go for something longer term, websites like "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.milkround(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/s4/jobseekers/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.milkround(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/s4/jobseekers/[/url] and "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.doctorjob(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.doctorjob(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url] are quite handy for graduate jobs. Milkround does say which places still have deadlines still open. Though it sounds like that isn't for you... have you thought about trying a recruitment agency to temp? Something like "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.robertwalters(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/home/UnitedKingdom.jsp"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.robertwalters(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/home/UnitedKingdom.jsp[/url] might be good.

Wassalaam.

Edited by borbus

asalaam alaikum,

jazakAllah for the idea, I have thought about it...but I'd rather find work straight away, so I can pay this Haraam off (beileveing that interest wasn't charged in the beginning) also to put myself in a positon where i could give something back to the community immediately, then inshAllah after a year or two come back to studying something Islamic at uni...

i don't know.....

w'asalaam

Student Loan? In real terms it's meant to be interest free. If you pay them back £10,000 after 10 years - inreal terms you've paid them back less then they gave to you 10 years ago.