Islamic Forum
Seri

An Excellent Book For Muslim Teenage Girls

There is a really great book out for teenage girls its called "Does My Head Look Big In This" its about a young teenage girl who decided one day that she wants to become a fulltime hijab wearer. now im not a big reader but when my sister bought me this book i couldnt put it down. i think because i can realte to it as i have just started wearing my hijab full time and i think most young Muslim girls would be the same. it touches on some really good subjects that all young Muslim girls go through such as boys, friends, parents and school but also has a good touch of comedy in it...hope some of you can get a chance to read it!!!

PropellerAds

:sl: / Peace to all,

I have read the review on that book. I wish i can get hold of it soon and read it myself, InshaAllaah. :sl:

Since you have read it, can you tell us what do you like best about the book, sis?

Sis Zabrina

Akum

hmm what i like best about the book :sl: EVERYTHING :sl: its so nice to read about something that i can relate to. it deals with sensitive issues but has also good humour in it when i forst read it i thought that it would be a book only of interst to young teen girls but then not only my older sister but my mum read it and both enjoyed it equally to me then i passed it on to a friend who also enjoyed it.

hope you can find it soon try good book stores :j:

i read this book a while back so i cant remember everything but i do remember a guy called adam :sl: , and the horrible old lady next door :) - who turns out to be very nice :j: - just lonely but this is definitely a good book :sl: and if you dont want to buy it, most public libraries willl stock it

:sl:

I didn't think it was very Islamic. In fact, hardly. Amal, the main character, swears, is rude to her parents, chats with boys, dances at a mixed wedding party, and nearly ends up kissing a boy called Adam. And the author makes it sound as if hijaab isn't compulsory in Islam, which of course it is.

I thought it would be cool when I first bought it, but I didn't even get through the first few pages before realising it was almost like any other non-Muslim teenage girl novel, apart from the fact that the girl wears hijaab and prays five times a day.

Even reading the blurb disappointed me.

High school is tough enough without throwing a hijab into the mix...

What's my class going to say on Monday when I walk in wearing the Muslim veil for the first time? Oh boy, will they freak out. Shawling up? In front of the kids of Year Eleven? It would be easier to walk in naked. What am I doing being all holy and stuff? Covering my hair will officially label me the biggest loser of all time.

And what will Adam say?

Amal's decision to wear the hijab full-time takes a lot of guts. Can she cope with the prejudice, keep her friends, and still attract the cutest boy in school?

and still attract the cutest boy in school?

Isn't the main point of hijaab to not attract boys/men?

I'm probably making a big deal out of it, but the book frustrated me :j:.

May Allah guide the author and us all. :sl:

Edited by xXxXMuslima-4-LifeXxXx

We interviewed the author on our tv show, she is a nice woman masha'Allah.

Even reading the blurb disappointed me.

Isn't the main point of hijaab to not attract boys/men?

I'm probably making a big deal out of it, but the book frustrated me :sl:. May Allah guide the author and us all. :sl:

People can get attracted with anything ... What she meant perhaps the boy still got attracted, but in a different way ....

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Edited by Yasnov

I didn't think it was very Islamic. In fact, hardly. Amal, the main character, swears, is rude to her parents, chats with boys, dances at a mixed wedding party, and nearly ends up kissing a boy called Adam. And the author makes it sound as if hijaab isn't compulsory in Islam, which of course it is.

I thought it would be cool when I first bought it, but I didn't even get through the first few pages before realising it was almost like any other non-Muslim teenage girl novel, apart from the fact that the girl wears hijaab and prays five times a day.

Salaam,

I must say I agree with you sis.. I felt the book was a bit 'airheaded' if you get what I mean. Ah well i do try to read everything and anything written about Islam.. but I don't think I'll be reading this again!

:j:

Agree with what Julanaar ÈÜÜäÜÜÊ ãÜÜÄãÜÜä sis has said. :sl:

By reading the blurb have to say the book seems to be unislamic,so how is it "An Excellent Book For Muslim Teenage Girls"? :sl:

:no:

This was one of the worst books i have evr read which is considered to be Islamic. It is designed to misguide muslim girls. They will start to think it is okay to go to a party where alcohol is being served and free mixing is a 'norm' !

i would advise teenage girls to abstain from the book.

btw if the women wants to write books tell her to abide by the shari'ah if she is a muslim.

I read that book. I thought it was okay, not the best thing out there. But entertaining. Funny thing is, I'm trying to write a book in relation to Islam right now. For everyone, muslim girls/guys, non-muslims.

Masha Allah sister, Allah willing i will make dua that ur book gets published!