Islamic Forum

Peace

We are told to follow the sunnah of the Prophet and the rightly guided caliphas...any newly invented matter in the religion after that is bid'a..and The Prophet pbuh said All bid'a is error and all error is in the hell-fire..
Scholars know how to interpret hadith better than we do. Bid'ah is considered to have 5 categories. As ive said before, some innovations in religion is good, if the scholars agree through consensous that it is.

its just, some sufi's take it to the extreme when they do there 100,000 dhikrs, they make a huge bead...but that's another discussion..

There will always be people who take things to the extreeme.

Salaams

Edited by anthony19832005

PropellerAds

:sl:

Because the sahaba used the pebbles, but rasoolAllah :sl: told them it is BETTER to use the right hand..why not use the right hand then?

There will always be people who will sacrifice some ajr for comfort. Actually, we all do it. A lot of us, alhamdulilah, would rather sacrifice comfort for ajr...and that's a good thing. But like I said, the layman would rather have the comfort. And as long as it's not haram, that's okay, let him have the comfort. In the akhira, the comfort will no longer matter or count, but the ajr will add up, so glad tidings for those who sacrificed comfort to follow the sunnah and to go out of their way to do good deeds. :j:

Assalamu alaikum, To all the brothers and sisters who say using Misbaah (beads) to count is bidah, I would like to ask, "What is your take on Reciting Quran from the Book form, and listening to it on Tapes and CD's, Mp3 players, etc. etc". Is this Bidah or not. People using the Misbaah, are'nt they using their fingers to move the beads.

Quran was not available in the way we see it now, during the time of our beloved Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam. Plus going to learn the Ilm of Deen (Becoming Islamic Scholars) is'nt going to Universities and Maadaris Bidah too. Most of the companions RadiAllahu Anhuma, learnt Deen from RasoolAllah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam directly,and some prominant ones spent their lives on the Suffah,a platform in front of Masjid-e-Nabawi.

Salaams and duaas, umAhmad.

Sister umAhmad great point, that's really something to think about.

May Allah guide us and increase our knowlegde and forgive those who lack in knowledge

Assalamu Alaikum

Like I said in an earlier post, whether it's biddah or not, it doesn't change the fact that the prophet :sl: told us it's better to use your fingers..

So let me get this straight, people would rather follow a sunnah of a companion than the recommended sunnah of the prophet :sl: ?!

Edited by [email protected]

Assalamu Alaikum, I would be the last one to say that we should follow the Sahabah and not the Sunnah of the Prophet Sallalahu Alaihi Wa Sallam, Astaghfirullah.

Using the Misbaaha is just for convenience of the people, and a reminder. RasoolAllah Sallalahu Alaihi Wa Sallam said it is better to do tasbeeh on the fingers, but did not prohibit the use of beads.

InshaAllah, whatever we do, I hope we do with sincerity so our actions are accepted, ameen.

umAhmad.

Assalamu alaykum

Let me know

Calling Iqamah at the stroke of clock is bidah or not.

Whether use of Public address system is bidah or not.

Appointment of salaried Imam and Muazzin is bidah or not.

The answer is it is not. This is for convenience. If some one says it is sunnah or it is virtuos to do the above acts then it is bidah. Similarly when some claims that it carries more virtues to carry a tasbeeh then it is bidah. But if tasbeeh helps someone to remind of his zikr and the counting, then it is recommended.

Our friends who argue against the use of tasbeeeh arguing that there is nothing like a fixed counts, let me ask them a question whether their counts of zikr is

countless or less counts. My experience is that brothers who do zikr with tasbeeh have exponentially more counts than brothers who do zikr without a tasbeeh

shukran

Edited by ahamed_sharif

So let me get this straight, people would rather follow a sunnah of a companion than the recommended sunnah of the prophet ?!

so the companions are doing something which is bidah...???

Assalamu alaykum

So let me get this straight, people would rather follow a sunnah of a companion than the recommended sunnah of the prophet ?!

I think brother peace has misunderstood what sunnah is.

shukran

Assalamu Alaikum, I would be the last one to say that we should follow the Sahabah and not the Sunnah of the Prophet Sallalahu Alaihi Wa Sallam, Astaghfirullah.

Using the Misbaaha is just for convenience of the people, and a reminder. RasoolAllah Sallalahu Alaihi Wa Sallam said it is better to do tasbeeh on the fingers, but did not prohibit the use of beads.

InshaAllah, whatever we do, I hope we do with sincerity so our actions are accepted, ameen.

umAhmad.

Assalamu Alaikum

Ameen to your dua.

True the prophet :sl: did not prohibit the use of beads but he did recommend a better option. As I quoted in an earlier post:

"Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-'Uthaymeen (al-Liqa' al-Maftooh, 3/30) was asked whether using the masbahah for tasbeeh is bid'ah, and his reply was: "It is better not to do tasbeeh with the masbahah, but it is not bid'ah, because there is a basis for it, which is the fact that some of the Sahaabah did tasbeeh with pebbles. But the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allâh be upon him) taught that tasbeeh with the fingers is better, as he said, 'Count with the fingertips, for they will be made to speak.' Doing tasbeeh with the masbahah is not haraam or bid'ah, but it is better not to do it, because the one who does tasbeeh with the masbahah has shunned something better."

People who choose to use beads should bear two things in mind:

1) You are knowingly going against a recommended sunnah of the prophet :sl:

2) You may get less reward for each count using the beads compared to using the fingers ("better" can only mean one thing: more reward)

And Allah knows best.

Edited by [email protected]