Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LailaLily

Arrogant People, And Hypocrites Of Islam

This is my 1st post on this forum you guys!! Im sooo excited :sl: ok ok ok...back to the point :sl:

ARROGANT PEOPLE!!! YOU SEE THEM EVERYWHERE!!! THE MALL, THE STREETS,EVEN SOMETIMES AT Masjids.

listen to this guy

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"http://######youtube######/watch?v=9fka3Lu_pr0"]######youtube######/watch?v=9fka3Lu_pr0[/url]

it is soooooooooooo true!! everything he said is true!! Its always great to look your best and have high self esteem(Im a huge person on looking good, shopping,etc) BUT...when you belittle people and think youre the Queen/King of the world...THATS CROSSING THE LINE!!!

I've seen it everywhere. Some cultures for example value lighter skin over dark skin....so a person born with light skin will feel a sense of arrogance sometimes that they are above people with a darker skin tone. And then people with darker skin go bleach themselves just to be in the same "status" in society. I see this in Indian Culture,Pakistani culture,African culture, Jamaicans.....I read on a discussion forum a while ago that a girl was aked for marriage by this Muslim man. She was a good Muslimah. The grooms mother convinced him that she would rather him marry a lighter skin girl with longer hair. So the engagement was broken off and he married some other chik. They even have a term for people with lighter skin in some countries. This is what kinda ticks me off about Bollywood and arab singers like haifa wahbe and nancy ajram and etc. A huge percent of Indians are not fair skin. But in Bollywood films they only bring fair skinned Indians...nothing darker then brown or tan, does that make since?. These films are seen not only in india but in other countries. Girls see these bollywood stars and think they wannabe just like them!!!! at the same time these stars are getting paid. Just for prancing around and copying the west.

ITS HORRIBLE!! but sadly its true

My second example is People who think that they are some religious police!! I CANT STAND THEM!!!! THEY STRUT AROUND AND THINK THAT Allah GAVE THEM ORDER TO "REMIND" PEOPLE THEY ARE BAD MUSLIMS!! they are hypocrites of Islam, and they hide it by belittling people they feel are not on the same "religious level as them"....I remember a story a while back. There was this guy who claimed he was a religious divine being!!! he went around crticising women who didnt wear hijab, he strutted around telling people how "UnISLAMIC THEY WERE" . He did alot of things which ticked off many Muslims. And he got away with it because he has this "wannabe Muslim" exterior. He demanded respect, he was that conceited. He would actually go up to Muslim females at the university and say"Oh sister, Inshallah one day you see the light,"..........a couple days later..the same guy was found locking lips with some American girl. He had a myspace...on it was nothing but scantily clad women and beer bottles.

The same person who goes out belittling people he feels arent worthy of his religious status...Is living foul!! he is living a lie!! a hypocrite!! a fraud!!

Hijab is a beautiful thing!!!!! You wear it for and only for Allah. Some use it as a means to taunt other girls that they arent "good muslimahs" there was this one girl who would go around and tell other Muslimahs that she wasa better muslimah because she wears hijab. I dont want to even mention the things this girl as done behind her parent's back.

keep religion to yourself...Only Allah WILL JUDGE YOU ON THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT!! HUMANS CANT JUDGE OTHER HUMANS.

does anyone else have stories they wanna share about arrogant people? this world is infested by them!! speak out

ar it as a "protective shield"....so society wont

PropellerAds
HUMANS CANT JUDGE OTHER HUMANS.

I can't believe you're saying this after you just called someone: "living a lie!! a hypocrite!! a fraud!!"

Oh, irony...

:sl: dear muslims

hmm.

Welcome to the Forum,

Ignore Mr. Danger, he pretends he doesn't like us, but deep down, he hates our guts (i mean that in the best possible way danger boy, you know i love you) :sl: :j:

I Understand your point. But best thing to do is ignore these people.

We all have faults, some bigger than others. Inshallah we will all be guided.

I can't believe you're saying this after you just called someone: "living a lie!! a hypocrite!! a fraud!!"

Oh, irony...

It's more ironic how her words went right over your head.

She meant that humans don't have the power to judge you, because regardless of what they say, it has no effect on you.

Only Allah is the judge who gives the verdict on us.

Salam.

As salamualikum

You have raised a good point Sister Laila. What we need to do is stop letting "muslims" get away with this action. So oftern i have noticed that when a muslim "preacher" says something even when we disagree with it we keep silent. Silent disagreement is worse then wrong acceptance.

The other day we had a gathering at the local Masjid. One of the muslimahs was wearing a hijab that a brother felt was too tight for his liking. So he took it upon himself to walk over to her (a total stranger AND non mahram) and told her that her clothes were too revealing.

In response she swore in his face and told him that if he was even a half decent muslim he wouldnt be looking much less talking to her in the first place. Her brother then also backed her up and told the other man to mind his own business and stay the hell away from his sister.

I watched this incident play out with mixed feelings. I didnt think swearing in the Masjid was an appropriate action BUT

I think the sister did the right thing. Please should look at thier own actions before butting unwanted into other peoples lives. I can guarntee that next time that silly brother disagrees with something anther person wears to the Masjid he will stop and think before he jumps on the Judgement bandwaggon.

Assalamualikyum

I agree with the points raised. What i hate is when a group of muslims ( i wont say thier name most of you will know who i mean anyway) turn up to your door, with out calling, unwanted and uninvited after you have had a long hard day at work in order to disrupt your life and remind you to practise Islam. (just in case you forgot in the two weeks since thier last visit)

If you looked at these brothers as Islamic inspiration then clearly having a job, supporting ur family fianancially showing ocnsideration to others lives, calling before you go to someones house, doing some real work for the community are all unislamic actions.

If you looked at these brothers as Islamic inspiration then clearly having a job, supporting ur family fianancially showing ocnsideration to others lives, calling before you go to someones house, doing some real work for the community are all unislamic actions.

Sis, i guess everyone know whom u r talking abt. Yes such ppl can get one nerves, they get most definitely get on mine.. but that's my shortcoming for not being able to handle advice & guidance. Other than calling before going to someone's home... i guess the reason for this could be the culture they come from, ppl don't call before visiting as the host always keeps thier ddors open for visitors. We in the est, have been ingrained into this whole notion of privacy that we no longer like guest. And they do have jobs & take care of their families financially, to say that they don't.. is definitely slander. They just don't talk abt it, once out of work they focus on deen... now is that bad?

unwanted and uninvited after you have had a long hard day at work in order to disrupt your life and remind you to practise Islam.

If someone is reminding us of our duty to Allah, how is that wrong. Have we become that arrogant that we think we know everything & we make no mistakes & are not astray. We as Muslims are supposed to remind each other all the time, don't we do that on this forum all the time.

And ur point abt being unwanted & uninvited... no one likes to given dawah, no one likes to be corrected. Should we stop giving dawah to non-muslims coz we are unwanted & invited. Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) & the sahabas used to visit the non-muslims numerous times a day... each time he would b insulted, cursed at, abused. Should they have not gone to give dawah coz they were unwanted & uninvited??

Abt having a hard day at work... can't we listen to someone who came to us to remind us of our duty to Allah. We are constantly involved in world & deen is a side duty... when it's supposed to b the opposite. Don't u think these brothers mite have hard day at work too? But now they r out, the least we can do is appreciate the hard work & dedication.

Pls don't get me wrong, the above advice is for me first as I do get frustrated when I reminding abt my mistakes... instead of correcting myself, i blame the messenger. Many times my ego comes in middle.... but we have to remember it's the shaitan who makes arrogant.

Assalamualikum

Yes we do all know who you are referring to and i agree with both of the above posts to a certain extent.

I dont think Sister Maz83 was critising the fact that these people to dawah its the method which they use in order to do it. As far as i know the prophet always used personel actions as the main form of dawah. The main form of active dawah was given in the Masjid.

It just seems that in the world we are currently living in there are many positive roles muslims can play in as well as outside our Islamic community in order to inadvertantly do dawah. Turning up unexpected to someones home in order to remind them of what they are already doing does seem like a little bit of a waste when we look at the bigger picture.

Wouldnt it be better to focus energies on organising Islamic events for the community? or other events that will extend an olive branch to non muslims? instead of just trying to copy the mormans?

I agree with the points raised. What i hate is when a group of muslims ( i wont say thier name most of you will know who i mean anyway) turn up to your door, with out calling, unwanted and uninvited after you have had a long hard day at work in order to disrupt your life and remind you to practise Islam. (just in case you forgot in the two weeks since thier last visit)

:sl:

If I understood you correctly as to who you are referring to, then I don't see how someone could call that bad.

They are there to invite/remind you, not to enter your home. They are knocking on your door not to come in, so it's not like they are showing up at someone's house without invitation.

Just thought I could clarify that for everyone.

:j:

:sl: