Islamic Forum
sarahH.

Is This Sesxism In Islam?

Can a woman sing nasheed or read quran aloud in front of men(such as a competiotion etc.)

Can a woman give a divorce instead of asking for a divorce?

Can a woman call for prayers(adhaaN)?Can she be an imam?

Can a woman rule a country?

Can a woman have 4 husbands if all these men are infertile(the probabilyt may b zero but please do not give twisted answer.. just say yes or no)

Can a woman be the head of the family(why a patriarchy all the time?)

Can a woman live alone in a foregin unislamic country?

Why cant woman do hajj without a mahram?(so sexist)

And also when a couple is divorced... after seven a son can stay with whoever he wants... but the daughter has to saty with a father... is this true ? and if it is it fair?

and why is it that after 3 divorces if stil the couple wants 2 get back together then the women need to get mnarried 2 some other man?

and what is mutah marriage? is this leagal?

and is it true that men were allowed to have sex with slave women during the olden times?

How many of you women would like it if ur husbands had 3 extra wives?how many of you can actually bear it that your husbands would be actually having sex with someone that is NOT YOU?

why is that a man can marry a woman of the book but not a muslim woman?(completely sexis)

why is it that the woman always need a male guradian?

why cant a man hit her wife if she is bad yet when a womans husband is bad she has to go talk o the authority... simply why cant a man go to the authority isntead of hitting.... prophets hadiths contradict the quranic message here...

and why is that hijab for the men is from navel to knees(less than half the body) and completely from head to toe for the woman(95%)

and also these sort of answers are usually answered by men...

i would like to see some women answering...

salam

peace out...

PropellerAds

:sl: to those who seek Guidance

Can a woman sing nasheed or read quran aloud in front of men(such as a competiotion etc.) No

Can a woman give a divorce instead of asking for a divorce? Yes. In certain cases. Like if the husband apostates from Islam.

Can a woman call for prayers(adhaaN)?Can she be an imam? No

Can a woman rule a country? No

Can a woman have 4 husbands if all these men are infertile No

Can a woman be the head of the family(why a patriarchy all the time?) No

Can a woman live alone in a foregin unislamic country? No

Why cant woman do hajj without a mahram? No

And also when a couple is divorced... after seven a son can stay with whoever he wants... but the daughter has to saty with a father... is this true ? and if it is it fair? Dunno

and why is it that after 3 divorces if stil the couple wants 2 get back together then the women need to get mnarried 2 some other man? It's not after 3 divorces. It's after one divorce as far as I remember. Besides...if a couple got divorced 3 times they should make up their minds already.

and what is mutah marriage? is this leagal? No, not legal. It's 'temporary marriage' which Prophet Muhammad :j: forbade. The shi'a rafidah and all the shi'a sects believe it is allowed. They set up temporary marriages and then divorce at a fixed date, or sometimes no fixed date. Mostly nowadays this is done for money.

and is it true that men were allowed to have sex with slave women during the olden times? Yes of course. If slavery ever comes back in the future, insha'Allah, it will be allowed again. There's nothing 'olden times' about it.

How many of you women would like it if ur husbands had 3 extra wives?how many of you can actually bear it that your husbands would be actually having sex with someone that is NOT YOU? Yes. If I was a woman I'd bear it because it's not worth Hellfire not to bear it.

why is that a man can marry a woman of the book but not a muslim woman? Simple. Because the children are way more likely to follow the religion of the father than the mother. Back then, Jews and Christians were like a few inches away from Islam. They believed in everything we did except with minor fabrications. Nowadays the fabrications and false stuff (and neglecting their religion) has become soooo much that they don't even practice their religions. Just wear a cross. So the wife would convert to Islam usually anyway. And the kids would be Muslim, no doubt about it. But nowadays if a man marries a Christian or a Jew, there will be trouble, divorce, headache, and some MESSED UP kids. And the Muslim father will answer for this on the Day of Judgement believe me.

why is it that the woman always need a male guradian? For her protection. You'd rather we Muslims let our women out dressed like whores like the non-Muslims do? And that's why there's a rape every 2 minutes in America, statistically. (I made up that statistic, it could be every minute or every 20 seconds, lol) This rule is to protect the honor of the family and the household, and to protect the woman from any harm that might come to her.

why cant a man hit her wife if she is bad yet when a womans husband is bad she has to go talk o the authority... simply why cant a man go to the authority isntead of hitting.... prophets hadiths contradict the quranic message here... We talked about this 5 million times. The man has to go thru tons of steps to finally be able to hit his wife, and even then it is a light hit and there's many restrictions. The wife would have to be EXTREMELY disobedient, like on the verge of becoming a kaffir, throwing herself into Hellfire, or teaching the kids kufr and attempting to throw them into Hell too. I dunno why everyone turns this into a complicated issue. I can tell you with certainty that 99% of the men on this Earth right now do not have the authority to lay a finger on their wives. Simply because we don't have that level of piety and righteousness, we'd mess it up.

and why is that hijab for the men is from navel to knees(less than half the body) and completely from head to toe for the woman(95%) Well this is obvious. A man has less sensitive area to cover up. Men are generally not thought of as beautiful. Women cover up their beauty for their own honor and their family's honor. This is a very deep subject with tons of very logical and spiritual reasons. I don't know them, and I don't care to know them. Just that Allah ordered something is enough for me. But as for those who care to know the deep meanings, you can go look them up insha'Allah.

I'll finish up later insha'Allah, I gotta go.

:sl:

Salaams sarahH, I think I answered most of your questions in some previous posts of your, and also in a PM to you. Anyways I will try to answer to you again and I hope some of your issues will be solved inshaAllah.

Can a woman sing nasheed or read quran aloud in front of men(such as a competiotion etc. (you asked me this same question in a PM. and I replied to you, but I will again)

It is not right for a Mature Woman to sing nasheeds or read Quran in mixed competitions. BUT IF A WOMEN WANTS TO, AND FEELS IT IS HER RIGHT, then no one call stop her, it is her problem.

Can a woman give a divorce instead of asking for a divorce?

No a woman cannot give a divorce, she can take Khula.

Can a woman call for prayers(adhaaN)?Can she be an imam?

No a woman cannot give Adhaan or be a Imam in the Masjid, but at home or in a women's gathering she can lead the Salat. BUT AGAIN, if some woman decides that she wants to lead a mixed congregation in a Masjid, and there are men who are comfortable with it, there have been instances where this has happened, No one can stop them, even though it is Islamically not right.

Can a woman rule a country?

There are many women who are Ruling countries, Right or Wrong is another matter.

Can a woman have 4 husbands if all these men are infertile(the probabilyt may b zero but please do not give twisted answer.. just say yes or no)

According to Islamic Rulings a woman can have only one husband at a time. But if someone does not want to follow the Laws of Shariah, then she can have as many husbands as she wants, astaghfirullah. I hope this is a straight forward and not a twisted answer.

Can a woman be the head of the family(why a patriarchy all the time?)

The head of the Family is the man of the house (according to Islamic rulings) But there are many instances where women have taken this role.

Can a woman live alone in a foregin unislamic country?

A woman can live alone in an Islamic or unIslamic country.

and what is mutah marriage? is this leagal?

Mutah marriage is something in the Shia religion not the Sunnis (BTW posting about sects is not allowed and I don't want moderators to warn me, so I will leave ths issue alone).

and is it true that men were allowed to have sex with slave women during the olden times?

Yes it is true, it was a practice long before Islam came into existance.

How many of you women would like it if ur husbands had 3 extra wives?how many of you can actually bear it that your husbands would be actually having sex with someone that is NOT YOU?

I would not like it, but if my husband decided to get married, then I probably will not feel very good about it, but would not stop him, because it is something Allah has allowed, and if done for the right reason, no women in the right mind would disagree with it. As for having sex with someone that is not ME, well, I might not like it but I would be okay with it because I would know that he is legally married to this lady, unlike men who have extra marital affairs out of wedlock.

InshaAllah I have missed a few qustions which I will answer later inshaAllah. I have to go now, will answer before tomorrow inshaAllah. take care, umAhmad.

I was going to leave now, but saw that you have answered to Br. dacanor's post. after reading your comment i don't think I need to reply to your other questions. thanks for saving my time. Bye now.

so Islam is sexist ? :sl:

MashaAllah you have figured out something Finally, AND YOUR POINT IS????????????

umAhmad.

Edited by umAhmad

Peace

Can a woman live alone in a foregin unislamic country? No

This is out of touch with reality. Many muslim women who have converted to Islam basically live on their own. That's why police exists, to protect all people, single women included.

Salaams

Excuse me? If you believed in Allah, and if you believed the Quran is from Allah - you would not ask such a question.

What kind of a God fearing person would ask such a question sister? Just because you can't understand why women would have different rights to men does that mean Islam is sexist? The rights given to man and women are from Allah, Allah knows what is best for you.

Please sisters, think this through - Mostly women will be in hell.. or are you going to tell me that that is because Allah has something against women?

Mehmet

see what i mean?

to be a Muslim is to keep your moths shut and not ask anything almost all Muslims have told me that..

logic is aplied no where.. questions asked are usually unanswered and leaves the questioner baffled and then acording to them he or she commits kufr...

righteous dude.. if you wana shut your mouth and accept it no problems with that.

why tell someone else to do what you do?peace out :sl:

anyways believing that there is a creator for this world has nothing to o with the laws set by Him

i know my parents have given birth to me but i might not simply agree with some of their ways of bringing me up even though i know that what they say is right..i know this is a stupd example... lol

this is the thing...whats the big deal with a womans voice? what? are Muslim men that perverted that when they hear a muslim womans voice they are just gonna go and rape them?

and you muslim women would love to think of your husbands being in bed with another woman?

and you say when a husband is being too bad with the wife she should go to the local authority.NOW why cant that be simply allowed for the men instead of allowing men to beat their wives? and again muhammad(saw)'s hadith certainly contradicts allahs ayah here.. doesnt iT?

oh thanks righteous ... for reminding me that women will burn more in hell.. another sexism...

this is one bad thing among muslims.. some one who believes in Allah should not question him... that is just being so narrow minded...why cant we quetion?do we keep these questions in our hearts our whole life? and die with doubts?

Muslims need to do something about this whole questioning thing... if you believe Allah you wouldnt ask such a question.. so this means you are just blind like people from other faith right? they simply belive and dont ask questions.

peace out dudes... i just got only one response from a lady.... ladies now com on... i noe there r sum who hav beter answers than the other stupid sex :j: .. am just kidding.. please dont ban me :sl:

salam

I won't read the post nor engage in coversation of the ignorant person, or someone who will not reflect.

What a stupid, stupid thing to say. We do not question that of which is from Allah. We think about it, and understand it so we will not be "following blindly" as it were. But no, we do not question what has been ordered on us.

For example,

Allah has said men can have up to 4 wives - who in their right mind would question that? Yes, someone may reflect on it, and try to understand why. But you cannot REJECT it, otherwise you are not a God fearing Muslim.

Please think before you post because looking at your previous posts, I question whether you are even Muslim. Allah knows best.

Mehmet

wow now u r some sort of human Muslim god to judge who is Muslim and who is not?

doesnt matter anyways coz i know what i am dude :sl:

i did not even say i reject anything.. all i did was question... anwyas so how do people actually know which is right and which is wrong if they can't question

anways i guess i am violating a rule here by changing topic, alredy got banned a couple of times, dont wana get banned again..

so what is the deal with a womans voice?

and need sum lady responses... i just dont gwt why all the muslim men get so hyped up abt all this muslim lady issues.. they just think they r under their feet and they can rule them however they want .. no offence but thats how most men act like

salam

Do what you want I don't care. It's between you and Allah and Allah will question you on what you have just said. If you want to argue with Allah, good luck.

The reason you have been banned, and the reason you get no replies to your threads is because (to put it plainly) you are stupid and you don't listen.

It works both ways. I man who is ignorant can say "OH, HOW COME Allah HAS MADE ALL THESE LAWS FOR WOMEN, SURELY HE MUST CARE FOR THEM MORE THEN HE DOES FOR US"

Mehmet

Edited by Righteous

i am stupid...i agree

but its stupider that there are no vivid answers to those stupid questions

i mean u might say stupid questions have no answers

but if Islam cant answer stupid questions then that means its not complete..

yo cheer up dude!

and why souldn't i get an answer? if Islam is for everyone then it should also mean its for stupid people like me? right? :sl:

Cheer up you all :sl:

salam!

There are many vivid answers to these questions. Please think logically. Do you think you are the first female in history to ever question why Allah has made these rules? It isn't Islam that started this, go look in the Bible and the Torah, the same rules apply. This is how Allah chose to create the world. Men have a place in society, and a responsibility, and women have a different place, and a different responsibility.

To put it simply: You don't like that Allah has chosen for you to be a woman and not a man? You don't like that Allah has chosen different roles for His creations? You don't think His rules are fair and just? Fine. Get off His Earth, stop breathing His air, stop eating the food He provides you with, stop using the brain He provided you with and the blessing of free will and free thought that He created for you.

If you can't do any of those...then fear Allah and follow His rules.

Equality doesn't come from having the same roles in society.

It works both ways. An ungrateful male can complain that he has too many responsibilities in Islam and he wishes he was a female. There's no point complaining, it will do you absolutely no good at all. You can try to understand the rulings and reasoning, like so many others have before you. But if you can't comprehend it then tough luck.

EDIT:

Just want to say that Islam isn't like modern-day Christianity where they always answer "you gotta have faith!" and "you don't understand because you don't have the holy ghost in you" and "you just gotta believe it happened and not ask questions."

Islam has answers for everything. The only thing (to my knowledge) that we say "Don't ask questions" is the Unseen. In Arabic "Al-ghaib". This is because obviously it is unseen and unheard-of and no one knows the true nature of the Unseen, only Allah does. For example, Jinns and what goes on in the grave, and predestination, and the Afterlife. No one can explain these things further than we were taught, and even if they could, our simple brains can't always comprehend it. So just have faith that it's there.

So there are answers for every single question you asked. I know some of the reasoning, but not all of it and I'm not qualified to give you my understanding of it. There are tons of articles and books about it though.

Edited by daconcor

see i understand these points u being from feminine gender.... see one thing i can tell sister wot west teaches that men = women ...is totally wrong . I dont mean by this women is greater than or lesser than men ...but they r not equal to men both biologically and psychologically ....

i read yr questions like

Can a woman sing nasheed or read quran aloud in front of men(such as a competiotion etc.Can a woman call for prayers(adhaaN)?Can she be an imam?

4 husbands

From these i can understand u have no idea of differences . God who has created us knows us better than we do . Suppose wot r yr saying happends...like woman become imaam of men ( do u know there is one devil whose job is to poison heart of men when hearing or seeing a woman.....now tell me if women become imam then how will be prayer of men ) , woman start divorcing easily ..knowing women are more provoked to psychological changes especially during menstruation and making wrong decisions during those times is very likely and some decisions when taken cannot be undone and only thing left is regret ( thats y some companies think twice b4 putting a female employee in decision making ...not always though) ... Man is sometimes...allowed to marry 4 due to its biological nature....just imagine in other religions u find only one marriage is allowed but later when their secret life of some of these men is checked u will find them in shackles of prostitution , extra marital affairs etc . Suppose due to biological problem a man marries 4 then tell me the children of all of these 4 will be under father's name only.....they will still respected in society and it will incumbetent on father of these to take care of them in all respects.....now suppose opposite is allowed as u say u have 4 husband at one time.... when a child is born whom u will name the child's father i guess even DNA test mite fail...coz child will have mix of the 4 at one time ....nobody will easily take responsiblity to be their own child ...and finally it will end up being under yr name and all finally children be under yr name .......if u r workin ok...if not how will u feed them .....imagine how will society treat them.... this wot lil explaination i can give.... and yea will u make covenant with other husbands dont go to other wives when i m with so and so husband ?....there are so many dimensions still in this .....imagine if dis happens.....society will be in mess..... :sl: :j: :sl:

and yea man marryin 4 wives was common in times b4 becoz during war many women were left widows with their children fatherless at that time women were not working so ...it was encouraged marrying ,,,eventhough not 4 sexual passions but for taking responsibility and becoming protector of that widow and her children in every means............

so i guess whenever u get such thoughts frm devil say "aozobillah minnas shaytaan rajeem" " i seek refuge from devil the outcast

and "amantu billaahi wa rasulihi" i believe in Allah and His messenger ......if u go on augmenting on yr thoughts i m afraid u mite loose yr faith :).

i am stupid...i agree

but its stupider that there are no vivid answers to those stupid questions

i mean u might say stupid questions have no answers

but if Islam cant answer stupid questions then that means its not complete..

yo cheer up dude!

and why souldn't i get an answer? if Islam is for everyone then it should also mean its for stupid people like me? right? :sl:

Cheer up you all :sl:

salam!

see i understand these points u being from feminine gender.... see one thing i can tell sister wot west teaches that men = women ...is totally wrong . I dont mean by this women is greater than or lesser than men ...but they r not equal to men both biologically and psychologically ....

i read yr questions like

Can a woman sing nasheed or read quran aloud in front of men(such as a competiotion etc.Can a woman call for prayers(adhaaN)?Can she be an imam?

4 husbands

From these i can understand u have no idea of differences . God who has created us knows us better than we do . Suppose wot r yr saying happends...like woman become imaam of men ( do u know there is one devil whose job is to poison heart of men when hearing or seeing a woman.....now tell me if women become imam then how will be prayer of men ) , woman start divorcing easily ..knowing women are more provoked to psychological changes especially during menstruation and making wrong decisions during those times is very likely and some decisions when taken cannot be undone and only thing left is regret ( thats y some companies think twice b4 putting a female employee in decision making ...not always though) ... Man is sometimes...allowed to marry 4 due to its biological nature....just imagine in other religions u find only one marriage is allowed but later when their secret life of some of these men is checked u will find them in shackles of prostitution , extra marital affairs etc . Suppose due to biological problem a man marries 4 then tell me the children of all of these 4 will be under father's name only.....they will still respected in society and it will incumbetent on father of these to take care of them in all respects.....now suppose opposite is allowed as u say u have 4 husband at one time.... when a child is born whom u will name the child's father i guess even DNA test mite fail...coz child will have mix of the 4 at one time ....nobody will easily take responsiblity to be their own child ...and finally it will end up being under yr name and all finally children be under yr name .......if u r workin ok...if not how will u feed them .....imagine how will society treat them.... this wot lil explaination i can give.... and yea will u make covenant with other husbands dont go to other wives when i m with so and so husband ?....there are so many dimensions still in this .....imagine if dis happens.....society will be in mess.....

and yea man marryin 4 wives was common in times b4 becoz during war many women were left widows with their children fatherless at that time women were not working so ...it was encouraged marrying ,,,eventhough not 4 sexual passions but for taking responsibility and becoming protector of that widow and her children in every means............

so i guess whenever u get such thoughts frm devil say "aozobillah minnas shaytaan rajeem" " i seek refuge from devil the outcast

and "amantu billaahi wa rasulihi" i believe in Allah and His messenger ......if u go on augmenting on yr thoughts i m afraid u mite loose yr faith .

Peace be upon those who follow guidance

Let's cut to the chase and save us all some time, do you accept or reject these laws Sarah?

[

Can a woman sing nasheed or read quran aloud in front of men(such as a competiotion etc.)

a women cannot sing in front of me but she can read quran in front of them the only ayah in the quran that speaks of the womens voice says that she should not speak in a sensual or flirtatious manner

Can a woman give a divorce instead of asking for a divorce? dunno

Can a woman call for prayers(adhaaN)?no

Can she be an imam?to females yes

Can a woman rule a country?the quran speaks of the queen of sheba and nowhere does it say a female cannot rule, people who say it is forbidden use a hadith narrated 25yrs after the prophets death whom one male is the only witness to. it might not be encouraged because we females have our own designated part of society but saying it forbidden simply because of a persons gender is odd (and to some of yall reading this please do not bring up the excuse of pms because many women have been leaders in the past and their nations have prospered)

Can a woman have 4 husbands if all these men are infertile(the probabilyt may b zero but please do not give twisted answer.. just say yes or no)?no but men arent allowed to just marry 4 women either matter of fact Allah discourages it in the quran because he knows they wont be able to treat them all equally and the context in which this hadith was revealed was during the battle of uhud when there were many unmarried women and not enough men so they took them in for protection etc. it was'nt like "i'm tired of my first wife i'm gona get me another one IT HAD NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH LUST but tell that to muslim men today

Can a woman be the head of the family(why a patriarchy all the time?)a marraige is partnership.what do you mean?

Can a woman live alone in a foregin unislamic country? depends on ur madhab

Why cant woman do hajj without a mahram?(so sexist) for protection my dear the whole reason u have mehrams is for protection not so you can be kept on lockdown,it's for your own benefit

And also when a couple is divorced... after seven a son can stay with whoever he wants... but the daughter has to saty with a father... is this true ? and if it is it fair? never heard of it

and why is it that after 3 divorces if stil the couple wants 2 get back together then the women need to get mnarried 2 some other man? never heard of that either, i watched a documentary on iran and i noticed that too. ask shias

and what is mutah marriage? is this leagal? nope

and is it true that men were allowed to have sex with slave women during the olden times?complicated ask a sheik

there are some women who are allright with it some arent. my grandpa never married another women while he was married to my grandma. but later on he did because the females he was with were okay with it.if you dont like it leave.

why is that a man can marry a woman of the book but not a muslim woman?(completely sexis)

there are certain conditions for men marrying non-muslims as for muslimahs marrying non muslims look it up i cant right an essay right now

why is it that the woman always need a male guradian?for protection but it also depends on your madhab

why cant a man hit her wife if she is bad yet when a womans husband is bad she has to go talk o the authority... simply why cant a man go to the authority isntead of hitting.... prophets hadiths contradict the quranic message here...

the prophet never beat his wives and was totally against it and besides it is'nt hitting it's tapping with a miswak and even a fly would'nt be hurt from that and even in that case you should'nt do it the quran is'nt black white and the term used in the quran can also translate into admonish it depends on the translation you get.

and why is that hijab for the men is from navel to knees(less than half the body) and completely from head to toe for the woman(95%) why do you think? and be realistic and men have a dresscode that is even more complicated than the females. but do most of them follow it?nope their to busy telling muslim women what to do yet are dressed as kafirs. funny is'nt it?

and also these sort of answers are usually answered by men...

i would like to see some women answering...

salam

peace out...

FEEL FREE TO ASK WHATEVER YOU WANT IT IS YOUR RIGHT

It is kind of good that she asks these stupid questions. Some people may be afraid of asking questions. I can understand the answers because I reflect on them, and yea sometimes I wish I was a woman. If I was a women life would be a lot easier, and I would not have so many responsibility, but o well... Allah made me a man.

Guess both genders have their advantages, and disadvantages...

peace and Keep the faith!

Edited by Ryo_Akiski

for god sake how were her questions stupid,since when is seeking knowledge stupid

seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave -prophet pbuh

her questions were valid and she has every right to ask them

Erm, don't wish for something Allah didn't grant you, and it can't happen. Like saying "I wish I had lived during X era." or "I wish I was a woman."

You can make du'a to become rich or something like that. To get more children, etc. But don't wish to grow 5 extra pairs of eyes. It can't and won't happen, ever. So you aren't happy with what Allah has permanently decided for you, and this is wrong. If you can't get these evil thoughts out of your head, then just seek refuge in Allah from the evils of the shaytan, and don't dwell on such thoughts, and definately don't express them and tell others!

EDIT: This post was directed towards akhi Ryo.

Sister lateefah, she is allowed to question these stuff, certainly. But look at the attitude she is portraying. Look at her comments:

(so sexist) (why a patriarchy all the time?) (completely sexis) how many of you can actually bear it that your husbands would be actually having sex with someone that is NOT YOU?

This is not the way to talk about Allah's rules. And the thing is she already knows that these are the Islamic rules, but she is asking the questions anyway, to spark a debate. That is perfectly fine, if she used the right attitude. Like for example "What is some of the hikma (wisdom) behind the fact that, in Islam, a man can marry 4, while a woman can only marry 1?"

Because we as humans can't realize the entire hikma (wisdom) behind Allah's rules. We can only begin to understand a tiny tiny tiny portion of it. And part of faith is accepting Allah's rules whether you understand them or not. He did create you, after all...

And then she would receive answers like "because a man can impregnate 4 women at the same time and raise more children in Islam and increase the Muslim population, and keep the bloodline going, etc. Meanwhile, a woman can only be pregnant with one husband at a time, every 9 months or so. So there is no reason for her to have 4 husbands." This is only a tiny glimpse of the reasoning, there's books on the subject, if you care to check them out.

Edited by daconcor

:j:

To put it simply: You don't like that Allah has chosen for you to be a woman and not a man? You don't like that Allah has chosen different roles for His creations? You don't think His rules are fair and just? Fine. Get off His Earth, stop breathing His air, stop eating the food He provides you with, stop using the brain He provided you with and the blessing of free will and free thought that He created for you.

If you can't do any of those...then fear Allah and follow His rules.

Equality doesn't come from having the same roles in society.

u a human god dude? ordering me not to breath...? :sl:

:)

So there are answers for every single question you asked. I know some of the reasoning, but not all of it and I'm not qualified to give you my understanding of it. There are tons of articles and books about it though.

then why even bother trying to act like u can answer :sl:

Peace be upon those who follow guidance

Let's cut to the chase and save us all some time, do you accept or reject these laws Sarah?

Rejecting or accepting is not the matter here. Simply show something that actually is bad for the man? the responsibilities ? come on that actually lets u think "Hey dude i am the boss so listen to me"... just kiding

Sister lateefah, she is allowed to question these stuff, certainly. But look at the attitude she is portraying. Look at her comments:

This is not the way to talk about Allah's rules. And the thing is she already knows that these are the Islamic rules, but she is asking the questions anyway, to spark a debate. That is perfectly fine, if she used the right attitude. Like for example "What is some of the hikma (wisdom) behind the fact that, in Islam, a man can marry 4, while a woman can only marry 1?"

Because we as humans can't realize the entire hikma (wisdom) behind Allah's rules. We can only begin to understand a tiny tiny tiny portion of it. And part of faith is accepting Allah's rules whether you understand them or not. He did create you, after all...

And then she would receive answers like "because a man can impregnate 4 women at the same time and raise more children in Islam and increase the Muslim population, and keep the bloodline going, etc. Meanwhile, a woman can only be pregnant with one husband at a time, every 9 months or so. So there is no reason for her to have 4 husbands." This is only a tiny glimpse of the reasoning, there's books on the subject, if you care to check them out.

so what you are saying is... just accept a divine power in your life and not ask his reasons? i mean in order to know a divine exists... the first thing is to question.. may be not in a forum ... lol but in your mind?let me give you an example.. lets say an idolator... he has been told since he is a kid that idolatory is one of the best way to accept god in your life... now if he questions why ... then his elderes will be like.. do not question things u have no idea about... then it will always be in his mind not to question things... right?

ohh and about these 4 wives thing what i actually want to know is how many women would like to share their husbands with other women? (you love him alot and can even give up your life for him... you wait for at nite so that u can have dinner with him... you simply love him more than anything)---since when did muslim men bvecome women and start answering for the women? lol... so how many of you would like it? this is what i would say... if my husband wanted to marry another woman.. then simply he doesnt love me at all... to begin wiht he doesnt even noe what love is.. right?---i need answers from women... i mean the whole marriage thing is not just about being with a man and having babies... is it? also just because a man is going to have secret relationships because he is not allowed to have more than one wife the same case can be applied to women who have secret relationships.

peace.

p.s: religuous people are geting weirder day by day... you ask them something and when they hav no answer they are like... stay steadfast to Allah and quran... that does not give an answer... that makes you more confused

There is no such thing as a stupid question.

Ok,well there is,but you know what I mean,lol. :sl:

Things are getting heated up,so lets cool them down. :sl:

May Allah bless u always sarahH and give you lots of happiness.Ameen. :D

I understand that things can easily get heated up,but strive to show gooood character always,afterall that will have the most weight on day of judgement.

Remember we are brothers and sisters in Islam inshallah.

:) for understanding.

If one says something wrong,our job is to stay cool and inform and educate not get angry ever inshallah.

Remember the Prophet,how he showed the image of Islam,lets show the image of Islam as best as possible,with love and good character in every word you write,every line you post and every post you show.

:j:

Rejecting or accepting is not the matter here. Simply show something that actually is bad for the man? the responsibilities ? come on that actually lets u think "Hey dude i am the boss so listen to me"... just kiding

There is nothing bad for the man nor the woman.

The answer of the Believers, when summoned to Allah and His Messenger, in order that He may judge between them, is no other than this: they say, "We hear and we obey": it is such as these that will attain felicity. (024.051)

You are commiting the same error Satan commited when God commanded him to bow to Adam(pbuh). It is not the command in itself that is important, it is the One who is giving you the command who's important.

He thought that he didn't have to obey because fire is superior to clay and you here think that the laws concerning women are sexist, well guess what? It is God's opinion who counts nobody else's.

salaaam

i guess sarahH didnt understand the explanation i hv given her earlier in this thread :sl: