Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
anthony19832005

(atheists Beware)-u.s. State Blasphemy Law-

This is for all the people who criticise shariah law Blasphemy punishment.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/272-36.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/272-36.htm[/url]

United States, State of Massachusetts law:

Chapter 272: Section 36. Blasphemy

Section 36. Whoever wilfully blasphemes the holy name of God by denying, cursing or contumeliously reproaching God, his creation, government or final judging of the world, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching or exposing to contempt and ridicule, the holy word of God contained in the holy scriptures shall be punished by imprisonment in jail for not more than one year or by a fine of not more than three hundred dollars, and may also be bound to good behavior.

This is a valid and enforceable law.

Salaams

Edited by anthony19832005

PropellerAds

Salaam,

It's probably one of those out of date laws. We have many of those here in the UK, some very strange ones indeed.

Peace

And Massachusetts of all places...

It must be one of those old obsolete laws, probably made when there was still a residual puritanical feel in that state. Laws such as these often go unapposed because they are buried deep in state law, so much so that people have all but forgotten about them. If someone tried to use this against someone, I have no doubt that the Supreme Court would immediately strike it down.

Thus it is unconstitutional, and thusly I still reserve the right to criticize sharia. B)

A law was just taken off the books that stated that when you came to an intersection in your car, you had to get out, look both ways and ring a bell or use some other noise maker. Most people shot a shotgun in the air. No joke.

:sl:

wow such a religious country. :sl: Check this out.

PART I. ADMINISTRATION OF THE GOVERNMENT

TITLE V. MILITIA

CHAPTER 33. MILITIA

III. PERSONNEL

Officers

Succession of Command

Chapter 33: Section 24. Oaths; form

Section 24. Every commissioned officer, before entering upon the performance of his official duties or exercising any command, shall take and subscribe the following oaths and declarations:

I, ____________, do solemnly swear that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the commonwealth of Massachusetts, and will support the constitution thereof. So help me, God.

I, ____________, do solemnly swear that I will obey the lawful orders of all my superior officers. So help me, God.

I, ____________, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent on me as ____________ according to the best of my ability and understanding, agreeably to the rules and regulations of the constitution and the laws of the commonwealth. So help me, God.

I, ____________, do solemnly swear that I will support the constitution of the United States. So help me, God.

All officers shall take and subscribe the said oaths before any competent authority or an officer qualified under section eighty-one to administer oaths, except retired officers and aides-de-camp of the commander-in-chief who may take said oaths before any competent authority; and the following certificate shall be printed on every commission and shall be signed by the person before whom the officer is qualified:

This may certify that ____________, commissioned as within on this ______ day of ____________, A.D., ___ personally appeared and took and subscribed the oaths required by the constitution and laws of this commonwealth and by a law of the United States, to qualify him to discharge the duties of his office.

Before me,

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/33-24.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/33-24.htm[/url]

Peace

People seem to be getting arrested in the USA for "interfering with a religion"

Keith Henson, an outspoken anti-Scientology activist, was arrested last night and is currently being held at the Prescott Detention Center in Arizona. His wife, Arel Lucas, says he was taken into custody on a 6-year old bench warrant issued by a Riverside County judge.

Henson's troubles began in 2001 when he was convicted of "interfering with a religion", a misdemeanor under California law

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_freekeithhenson.blogspot(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/2007/02/anti-scientology-activist-keith-henson.html"]Source[/url]

Salaams

Peace

People seem to be getting arrested in the USA for "interfering with a religion"

And they should if they really interfere. (although I'm not too sure about Scientology being a religion, having been made up by a bad science fiction writer back in the '60s', but anyhow...) But just picketing doesn't sound too bad. I guess the Scientologists have a bit of thin skin..

(although I'm not too sure about Scientology being a religion, having been made up by a bad science fiction writer back in the '60s', but anyhow...)

LOL i guess that really adds onto tom cruise being an idiot and then some :sl: