46 members have voted

1. 1. What/Who Wakes You Up To Fajr?

• I got an alarm
    • I wake up to adhaan
    • Got my cell & ringtones
    • Qur'an
    • Whoever is around me at the time

:sl:

I was wondering for some odd reason one day when I woke up for fajr. "How do others wake up for salaah?"

I have to say during my non practicing days I use to use the ringtones to wake me up (muzik ringtones) and every other day I'd be late for salaah. Now that I can record on my fone I use Qur'an to wake up.

As soon as I hear ..."Audhu billahi min ash-Shaytan ir-rajeem..." I'm wide awake Subhan'Allah & if my aunt hears that I havent woke up to make wudhu she calls my name

...so, what or who wakes you up?[using large font size is not allowed]

PropellerAds

:j: / Peace to all,

Can we have body clock in there? :sl:

Seriously, alhamdulillaah i simply wake up within a few hours from the time i start sleeping.

I do use my mobile's alarm but i always wake up before it triggers.

So, i guess, its my body clock that does that, alhamdulillaah.

Also, i do make intention every night before i sleep, asking Allaah to wake me up within that time :)

So, which one should i vote for? :sl:

Allaahu 'alaam.

Sis Zabrina

:j:

lucky way to waking up, unfortunately i wake up with my cell phone,

or if my brother leaves his computer on overnight and has the volume

loud ill hear the athan go off...which may i add scares the crap out of me

in the beginning :sl: i've had the once in a while get up all of a sudden's

this was an interesting topic :sl:

wasalaam

Yea the adhaan works good when you want to make it for salaah! I need to buy a new adhaan clock cause the one I have now it makes a weird sound :sl:

but al hamdulillah my cell saves my day. Also having the niyaah on waking up on time.

Sis Zabrina, dont worry okht your choice is up there...you got an alaram....a body alarm :sl:

I don't use alarm clock. I just simply wake up at Fajir time. I look over my shoulder to see if its time, and if it is I wake up. If its not i keep on sleeping.

P.S. I have a Alarm clock that doesn't have an alarm

Edited by Ryo_Akiski

:) I'd love to be able to wake up on my own, but I barely sleep so I got to force myself up...

Brother "Ryo_Akiski" lol thats some alarm clock you got there. Today I woke up to the sounds of baby cries....oh how much sleep did I get...NONE! :sl:

I don't use alarm clock. I just simply wake up at Fajir time. I look over my shoulder to see if its time, and if it is I wake up. If its not i keep on sleeping.

P.S. I have a Alarm clock that doesn't have an alarm

i find it difficult to wake up ., I alwayz miss fajar....can we pray the time ..when the sun is rising coz this is time i pray usually :sl:

Akhi fi Islam, fajr is the most benefical pray, because it starts your day. I dont know if you feel like this but if I dont pray salatul fajr I feel dead & hopeless.

I dont know if there is a thread with the importance of fajr but I'll post a few hadiths concerning this matter

Abu Musa (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "He who The observes Al-Bardan (i.e., Fajr and `Asr prayers) will enter Jannah.''

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: It is a must for every Muslim to offer every Salat regularly but there are some prayers (Salat) which cannot be performed punctually unless one takes special care of them. This is the reason some additional merits have been mentioned in this Hadith so that people exercise extra effort for performing them. Of these two is the Fajr prayer, the performance of which is more difficult than the other prayers because it occurs at a time of rest and deep sleep. Similar is the case of `Asr prayer, the performance of which is difficult. Due to these reasons, special merits of these two prayers have been mentioned in this Hadith.

Abu Zuhair `Umarah Ruwaibah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying: "He who performs Salat (prayers) before the rising of the sun and before its setting, will not enter the Hell.''

[Muslim].

Commentary: It will be wrong to infer that one who performs these two Salat punctually will be safe from Hell merely because of his strictness in their observance. A Muslim who will perform all the five Salat punctually, will be safe from Hell. In this Hadith, Fajr and `Asr prayers have been particularly mentioned because of their special importance. It is implied that one who takes special care of these two Salat will not show any laxity in the other ones. He will also be particular in observing the other obligations and Sunnah because it is a must for the salvation that one should do his best to fulfill all the religious obligations.

Jundub bin Sufyan (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "He who offers the dawn (Fajr) prayers will come under the Protection of Allah. O son of Adam! Beware, lest Allah should call you to account in any respect from (for withdrawing) His Protection.''

[Muslim].

Commentary: One meaning of this Hadith is that one should show energy for the performance of Fajr prayer.

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "There are angels who take turns in visiting you by night and by day, and they all assemble at the dawn (Fajr) and the afternoon (`Asr) prayers. Those who have spent the night with you, ascend to the heaven and their Rubb, Who knows better about them, asks: `In what condition did you leave My slaves?' They reply: `We left them while they were performing Salat and we went to them while they were performing Salat.'''

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]. Commentary: The angels for the night come at the time of `Asr when the angels for the morning are present. This is how the angels of the two shifts assemble at this time. The angels of the shift of `Asr leave their duty in the morning, and the angels of the morning shift resume their duty when the pious persons are engaged in Fajr prayer. This is how the two groups assemble again at that time. Thus, when the angels come or go, the people who are punctual in their prayer are engaged in Fajr and `Asr. Almighty Allah knows everything but even then He asks the angels about his pious slaves so that the piousness of the believers and their merit and distinction become evident to them.

May Allah SWT forgive us for our laziness and increase us with our iman and sincerity

Ameen

Al Hamdu lillah, I hear the Adhan from the Masjids nearby (yes, I hear 3 or 4 of them overlapping, very beautiful). I need some other help (usually my mother) if I go to bed really really late.

Assalamu alaikum

My mobile phone and/or my mother. :sl:

Edited by strider

Plan A (usually suffices): Intention before sleeping the night before.

Plan B: My mother

:)

my mother
Plan B: My mother

Aww mashallah,mothers are immensely special,wonderful people. :sl:

May Allah give all mothers a really high rank in jannah for their excellent care,kindness and support.Ameen. :)

A wonderful gift,blessing from Allah(swt). :sl:

1. Intention

2. Read the Quran (Surah Yaseen especially)

3. Get my friend to call me on the phone like 15/20 mins before Fajr salaat

Subhanallah i am able to wake up easily when i do all three of them. Alhamdoullilla

BTW getting your friend to call you is a realy good thing, not only does he gets reward but also makes you aware someone wil be calling in the morning lol. Try putting the phone as close to your head as possible. I put mine next to my pillow heh.

10 yrs ago i used to cry and tell my mom to wake me up

now i have my cell for the alarm

I either wake up myself, without an alarm clock alhamdulillah, and if I don't (which does happen often, when I don't sleep early enough), my mum or my sister wake me up alhamdulillah :sl:

Wake up to the Azaan on my mobile.

My mobile phone (standard ringtone). I might aswell change it to the Adhaan :D

Otherwise my mum wakes me up, may Allah :sl: reward her :sl:

:no:

1. Renew niyyah

2. Put trust in Allah

3. Stay away from sins

4. Increase good deeds = increase emaan

5. Lots of duaa

6. Don't sleep late, or at least not so late that you know you won't wake up!

7. Put multiple alarms far from you.

8. Adhaan on clock/cell phone/digital Quran player

9. Turn light on and sit up and don't look back at your bed. Just stand up. Remember, you might just die any second.

10. Read the duaa for waking up as soon as you get up.

11. Wake others up regularly in your house and over the phone, so that if you do not wake up, they wake you up.

12. Repeat these steps regularly.

ps. Having Quran on when going to bed, does help a lot, alhumdulilah.

Edited by ummammaar

salam

When I allowed my cats to enter the room, they did the job for me.

Now, I use the alarm clock to wake up, but I try to wake up before the alarm rings.

When I go to bed early enough then I am able to wake up before the alarm rings.

It is good to sleep around noon.

Salaam

I wish i had cats!

My mum's cell. :sl:

ripped the audio from that video and have a timer set up on my laptop