Islamic Forum
durriyyah

My Conversion Story

I took the shahadah this past Tuesday. I didn't think it would really change my day to day life other than praying and my diet but it was surprising how much my attitude in general has changed towards things.

I grew up Lutheran Christian and I never was able to get into it as much as I wanted to. Something always felt a little fishy but I really wanted to have a close connection with my creator. When I was about 13 or 14 I had been studying Paganism for almost a year and I had decided to go that route. Paganism served me well. I enjoyed it and I felt closer to my creator and more stable in my lifestyle. I liked the idea of both a goddess and god and the whole idea was about balance. Bad things started to make sense as in order to have the good, there has to be bad. This helped me accept the suffering that comes with our life.

To this day I believe I needed to go through the past ten years as a Pagan to get rid of the feeling that was instilled in me when I was a Christian that no matter what I did I was doomed and that I was born in sin so it was almost hopeless to think that I would go to heaven. Even when I was very dedicated to being a Pagan I still enjoyed reading about other religions such as Buddhism and the Kabalah. I like to have my mind open to all possibilities.

I started reading the Qur'an because I had started dating a muslim man but he seemed so shy about telling me certain things like why he wouldn't color his hair black (he colors it dark brown even though his hair is naturally black) and other things. One day he said to me that if he ever had kids they would have to be muslim. The best way I know to teach myself something is to pick up a book and I figured, what better book to pick up than the Qur'an itself? After about half way through it, I was struggling to keep my Pagan beliefs and by the time I was finished I was convinced that this was the truth.

It took me a few months before I really decided to convert just because I knew the lifestyle change I was walking into and I also wanted to make sure that I wasn't fooling myself into thinking that I wasn't doing this for my boyfriend when I really deep down was. Through careful thinking and rethinking I am positive that I am doing this for myself and I am excited to see where Allah takes me during this lifetime.

PropellerAds

:sl: okht

Welcome to IF & welcome to a new beginning. I reverted to Islam myself & I have to say I've enjoyed every step of the way including the triblations & tests, alhamdulillah. Im jus glad you found the truth & beauty in life. Onceyou understand wha you're living for you feel much free and relaxed cause you know you have a meaning. If you need a friend to talk to you've come to the right spot. Check out the sisters room :j:

May Allah guide you towards Akhira and protect you from harm and Shaytant the rejected one. Inshallah Ta'ala you're knowledge regarding deen will grow & so will your iman

Take care habibti

:sl:

Salam alikum

Masha Allah .... well its seems that the we are getting more and more each day masha Allah....insha Allah Allah SWT will bless Islam with converts :sl:

Salam alikum

Salaam Durriyyah and everyoone

Mashallah thats a very nice story to hear sister,

Alhamdoulillah Allah has guided you :sl:

Peace

Asalamu Alaikum,

Masha'Allah, we're all born submitting to Allah's will, and even though some of us get lost along the way, it is always and especially beautiful to see people coming back to the way of true submission. :sl:

May Allah bless your life and give you an eternity of happiness in Jannah. Ameen.

Al hamdhu lillah... At last God shows you the right path. Hope He will keep you in faith, and show you the right turn in every crossroad you come across....

To this day I believe I needed to go through the past ten years as a Pagan to get rid of the feeling that was instilled in me when I was a Christian that no matter what I did I was doomed and that I was born in sin so it was almost hopeless to think that I would go to heaven. Even when I was very dedicated to being a Pagan I still enjoyed reading about other religions such as Buddhism and the Kabalah. I like to have my mind open to all possibilities.

That's strange that a Christian community would believe this way. I mean, Jesus's death and ressurection were never discussed or believed??

assalamu alaikum durriyyah, Alhamdulillah Allah has guided you towards Islam, I make duaa that Allah keeps guiding every step of the way and make the path easy for you. There are instances where we dwindle a little because of circumstances, but May Allah always keep you steadfast, ameen.

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask, inshaAllah one of us will try to answer InshaAllah or check it out for you.

Take care, May Allah's mercy always be with you, ameen. Assalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

Mashallah sister we are really happy for you.Inshallah Allah will guide you through out your life.

Ameen

That's strange that a Christian community would believe this way. I mean, Jesus's death and ressurection were never discussed or believed??

Yes, Jesus's death and resurrection were spoken of. My biggest issue with how I was taught Christianity (I'm not trying to include all sects or the whole Christian religion) is that even if you thought about doing a sin... that was a sin. The pastor that taught my confirmation class was very strong in the idea that most people ARE going to hell (except him of course) because they couldn't control their minds or actions. I just got the feeling of being doomed for hell no matter what I did. I felt guilty for things I never acted on and hopeless for ever changing.

That was just my experience. This may differ from other's of course.

Salam,

Congrats. Sis...

your on the right path ..

may Allah(swt)'s blessing always be with you !!

Yes, Jesus's death and resurrection were spoken of. My biggest issue with how I was taught Christianity (I'm not trying to include all sects or the whole Christian religion) is that even if you thought about doing a sin... that was a sin. The pastor that taught my confirmation class was very strong in the idea that most people ARE going to hell (except him of course) because they couldn't control their minds or actions. I just got the feeling of being doomed for hell no matter what I did. I felt guilty for things I never acted on and hopeless for ever changing.

That was just my experience. This may differ from other's of course.

That's bizarre. If you read the Most Holy Bible, it specifically says in Luke 12:8-9 - - - "Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God: But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God."

Hope you find the path to God again one day.

She already has...

It up to you now...to find the truth... :sl:

:sl:

May Allah bless you, and give you good in this life and the hereafter sister.

I took the shahadah this past Tuesday. I didn't think it would really change my day to day life other than praying and my diet but it was surprising how much my attitude in general has changed towards things.................